two level make table query and sorting???

I am creating a table with a "make table" query. I want to query by customer
number than by date of order. I want the customer number to be ascending
while the date of order to be descending. I can make the query perform the
desired functions but when the table is made the sort order is not like it
should be. I want the table to look just like the query. Any advice would
help.

tcek wrote:
>I am creating a table with a "make table" query. I want to query by customer
>number than by date of order. I want the customer number to be ascending
>while the date of order to be descending. I can make the query perform the
>desired functions but when the table is made the sort order is not like it
>should be. I want the table to look just like the query. Any advice would
>help.

Okay, I'll do my best John Vinson impersonation...

"Tables are UNORDERED collections of records."  If you want the records
sorted a specific way, use a Query - that's what they're for.

PieterLinden
5/27/2010 10:22:11 PM
>>I want the table to look just like the query. Any advice would help.
Don't try!
Access stores data records like a barrel of bricks, jumbled.

Use a query or report to do your sorting.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"tcek" wrote:

> I am creating a table with a "make table" query. I want to query by customer
> number than by date of order. I want the customer number to be ascending
> while the date of order to be descending. I can make the query perform the
> desired functions but when the table is made the sort order is not like it
> should be. I want the table to look just like the query. Any advice would
> help.

Information transfer between two sheets in same book
Hi Folks, need a hand please. I have an excel book with about a dozen sheets in it. I have information in one row of cells that on pressing a button will transfer to a new sheet without going back and forward to between sheets. The information in both sheets is in same format and same order. Hope you can help me Nevyn Nevyn, What is your question or need. You have said that you have information on one row that, when a button is pressed, will transfer to a new sheet without going back and forth. That sounds like something that is already done, or is that what you want? If that's w...

how to combine /merge two field to one field
I have column a and column , how to combine two fields to one field. Column a name client 1, column B name client 2, I want to combine column 1 & column 2 to one column. Please help. In a cell in a third column insert:- =A1 & B1 If you want a space between the names then:- =A1 & " " & B1 Copy the formula down for the length of the data. If you then want to remove the formulas and delete the columns containing the initial data, You can Select the column with the formulas, copy->paste special->values over top of itself. Regards, OssieMac "DD...

Formula needed to calculate difference between Two dates and times
I want to know the formula for calculating the below mentioned problem col A B C 1 10.8.08 11 AM 11.8.08 3PM 2days ( i need formula here) We have a small inn and i need to calculate the duration of stay by a guest. Checkout time is 24 Hrs. The Column C should display 1 if the duration is less than 24 Hrs and it should display 2 if its more than 24 and less than 48 and so on. PLEASE HELP Put this in C1 =ROUNDUP(B1-A1,0) and copy down. Format column C as Number with no decimal place. Col A & B should have dates with time. Le...

Compare versions of a form found in two databases ?
I would like to compare forms found in a production environment mdb with the same forms in a development version of the mdb. Are there any good tools for reporting differences between forms ? control names, positions, attributes, event handling implementations, etc... Thanks, Richard ...

Tables to PDF
Hi there, I'm working with a table in Publisher at the moment & have formatted all my column / row gridlines to 0.25pt. However, when I convert to Adobe PDF, some of the lines appear much thicker than the others. Any Suggestions? Ian Have you tried printing the .pdf file? I've seen lines that look thicker but print just fine. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ianp" <ianp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:402A32B6-8157-4D23-907A-9C437BD4FE35@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I'm working with a table in Publisher at...

Merge & Purge two doc's in Excel 2000
I have a document with two sheets and want to merge and purge the data into one document. How do I do that? I'm using WinXP Excel 2k Thanks, Robert Graphics@inkwellchicago.com ...

make dvd/cd from pictures in email folder
how do i go about moving pictures to a folder and copy of pictures to a dvd or cd? appreciate any help given. -- lillyinsolon ...

How do I show summary totals from a pivot table on a bar chart
I created a pivot table which shows the both individual and grand totals based on the fields I selected. I then created a bar chart based on this pivot table. What I would like to do is show the grand totals as well as the individual totals. Is this possible, if so how do I do it? When I try this (link to the pivot table's summary total) I get an error saying not a valid function. The function line contains =GETPIVOTDATA("Personnel no.",'P2'!$A$3) "Jon Peltier" wrote: > Colleen - > > You can add textboxes to the chart, which are linked to works...

How can I make my Headers print on all pages of my report?
Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all of the pages of the document and not just the first page? Thank you. On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:29:22 -0800, SIRSTEVE wrote: > Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all > of the pages of the document and not just the first page? > > Thank you. What header? There is a Report Header, a Page Header, each group in the report (if you are grouping your data) can have a Header. If you mean the Report Header, you can't. The Report Header, by definition, only prints on th...

How do copy text from a picture/image & make it available for edi.
I am trying to copy text from an image. And I want that text to be copied to Excel/word not as a picture or image but as a text hi, this cannot be done with excel. the text on the image is part of the image and excel only see the total image not individual parts of the image so it cannot seperate. sorry. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to copy text from an image. And I want that text to be copied to >Excel/word not as a picture or image but as a text >. > Thanks, can it be done in Word or notepad..... "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: &g...

Specify two server accounts
Hi, My MS Outlook is set up for two server accounts: Account 1 - In: work server, Out: work server, User info: work e-mail address Account 2 - In: home server, Out: home server, User info: work e-mail address I've set up the user info to show my work e-mail address in both cases because I reply to a lot of work e-mails at home. However, I also check and respond to home e-mails while I'm at work (using the work server); and also respond to home emails at home (using the home server). I would like my sent e-mails to show my home e-mail address. So I set up these additional ...

Why user can use the last two passwords log on exchange server
The environment: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise with sp1 + Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise with sp1 If user change the password via iisadmpwd, and the user can access the mail via OWA or Outlook with the last two password. But if i enable the Form Authentication, user must type the lasted password to access the mail via OWA, but Outlook also can use the last tow passwords. The only reason the user would be able to use the last two passwords would be that there is a delay in replicating the password change. When a user changes a password (in any way, not just through OWA) the change is...

help with weekdays between two dates
A little rusty with access - been away for a while. Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between two dates. a simple function of somekind using the date or count functions? Be great if it did stat holidays too but I know that's asking more than is possible? JT "Jim" <jimt@pioneers.ca> wrote in message news:2rWAj.66322$pM4.15431@pd7urf1no... >A little rusty with access - been away for a while. > > Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between > two dates. > > a simple function of somekind us...

Sales transactions Tables activity
I have Great Plains 9.0 with Service Pack 3 and am looking for a quick explanation on Sales Transactions table entries. Is there any way someone can quickly go over what exactly happens on a Sales Order during the Sales Transaction process. From placing an order, to picking it, to fulfilling it, to invoicing and creating a back order. My issue is that we have moved from printing Pick Tickets at time of order entry, to having our Warehouse print the pick tickets once an hour. The problem is that some Pick tickets don't print, and we cannot determine why. The reps who have entered the o...

MS Access Copy record to another table based on a form input 10-08-07
Hello. I have 6 Tables, all with identical fields. I want to copy a record from one table into another table, which table depends on what table is selected in a form. So if the table names are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and the record that I want to copy and insert into another table has been selected by a query in a form. I want the form to direct where to insert the table. So if the form has table Two selected (from the drop down list) then it should insert the record into table Two. If the form has table Four selected then it should insert it into table Four. The table the record is...

Combining two columns into one- Excel 2007
I have two columns of information. The first contains the date and the second contains a number. I want to combine these two into a single column where the date is the first piece of data and the number is the second, etc. etc. I have about 15000 sets of data (date and number), so to do this manually would be out of the question. Any suggestions for a "novice" programmer? Thanks Steve Clarification What I want to do is insert a blank row every other row, and then move the data in column b1 down into A2, b2 into A4 etc. Original worksheet A B 2/1/2007 45 2/2/2007 49 2/3/2007...

Excel opens two windows (2007 & 2003 format): I want only 2003.
I have a spreadsheet that must be edited under Win 7 and under Win XP. Opening the file under Win 7 always gives two windows, the one marked "Compatibility Mode" is up-to-date and the one worked with. The other is not only useless to me, it is not even up-to-date. (I am willing to admit I may have done something wrong to cause this condition). How do I get rid of this unnecessary and confusing window? ...

Help with debugging query (Rolling Average)
Hi I'm trying to do a rolling average on data that is ordered by a date time column. I'm after adivce about how best to do this, I've tried this - SELECT Time, ValueX, (HOUR(Time) * 3600 + Minute(Time) * 60 + Second(Time)) As TickTock (SELECT Avg(ValueX) FROM My_Table WHERE TickTock Between (TickTock) AND (TickTock) + 30) AS RollingAverage FROM My_Table; Basically my thinking was that it would be easier to work on this datetime data as Seconds, So that my rolling average can be based on 10, at 3 second intervals When I try this I get nothing in my RollingAverage box and also a...

Help with query-dont want to see dupes
I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. The field to compare is ContactID On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:02:51 -0700, "Rob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product >between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear >multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. > >The field to compare is Contac...

How do I Excel formula =LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-3) in an Access Query
I need to delete the last 12 characters (phone number) from a field that contains names and phone numbers. Lou Are you asking how to do this in MS Access? If so, take a look in Access HELP re: Mid() function and Len() function. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. ...

am trying to make my own fun wine bottle labels
And your question is.........................? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "marksbrady" <marksbrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9DDB383-386E-4DD0-96BF-7B7DF479DFF2@microsoft.com... > Go to your local office supply store and look around for an appropriate label and design a fun label. Clipart. http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/results.aspx?lc=en-us&Scope=MC%2CMM%2CMP%2CMS&Query=wine -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "marksbrady" <ma...

can this sort be done?
I have a list of email addresses (which I send monthly updates on upcoming dart tournaments) going down the "A" column. It is very long. I have added a list of names in column 'B" (which is all of the addresses which no longer work). I am wondering if there is a easy way to somehow whenever a name occurs in column "A" and column "B" it is highlited or soemthing so I can remove it from the orginal (column A) list. does my question make sense? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon to tag these entries and use Autofilt...

Making MIcrosoft Word type from Right to Left
Hello. If I have a long DNA sequence and I want to reverse it to read right to left instead of it reading left to right, does anyone know how to do this the easy way without having to retype everything manually? For example, if I have: Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz I want: zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba Does anyone know the shortcut or the function? Thanks a lot. No idea about Word, but if you have Excel then you can dump the string in there and use the following function to reverse the string, then paste back into Word:- For recent versions of excel Function ReverseText(cell) Revers...

Strange Sorting in a Shared Wkbk
XL2000 SR-1 on Win2K SP3. Strange behaviour sorting a list from the menu or via code in a shared wkbk. Standard rectangular list with headers (say A1:D50) without empty rows/cols. Unshared wkbk = everything normal. Shared wkbk = try sorting from the data menu, xl selects A2:IV50. With activecell A1 - Edit/Goto/Special/Currentregion works normally. Code to sort Range("A1").Currentregion... sorts A1:IV50. Also - any way to toggle sharing via code to update pivot tables, sort (given above problem), etc? Any ideas? Thanks, Ken Smith The only guess I have for your first point...

Countdown a Query Duration
I would like to have Access show the user the wait time left for a query to finish. Most queries I've ran into in the past were rather fast (1 or 2 secs in duration), however, my database now has some queries that can take up to 20 seconds to process. I want to have a pop-up of some sort that shows the wait time remaining. Is this even possible? I don't think the actual time is computed. For long running queries, Access displays a status bar in the Access window footer. "Mercadogs" <Mercadogs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1652E7D8-940F-4559...