To Record in Form View from Query

I have a query run from FORM view using a button.  To view records associated
with parameters built in the query.  I would like to select the record and
view it back in the FORM view and continue on editing from there.  Is it
possible to add a column in my query with this type of feature or something
along those lines?!
--
DrewBe

Hi,
people usually do this sort of thing with 2 forms. The first form allows a
user to choose which record they want to edit. After they choose the record
there will be a button to click or sometimes a double click which opens the
second form with only the record that is to be edited.
Note with this system, the first form that chooses the record to edit needs
to be read only.

Jeanette Cunningham

"DrewBe" <DrewBe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a query run from FORM view using a button.  To view records
>associated
> with parameters built in the query.  I would like to select the record and
> view it back in the FORM view and continue on editing from there.  Is it
> possible to add a column in my query with this type of feature or
> something
> along those lines?!
> --
> DrewBe

0
Jeanette
12/21/2007 1:31:34 AM
Hi,
people usually do this sort of thing with 2 forms. The first form allows a
user to choose which record they want to edit. After they choose the record
there will be a button to click or sometimes a double click which opens the
second form with only the record that is to be edited.
Note with this system, the first form that chooses the record to edit needs
to be read only.

Jeanette Cunningham

"DrewBe" <DrewBe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a query run from FORM view using a button.  To view records
>associated
> with parameters built in the query.  I would like to select the record and
> view it back in the FORM view and continue on editing from there.  Is it
> possible to add a column in my query with this type of feature or
> something
> along those lines?!
> --
> DrewBe

0
Jeanette
12/21/2007 1:32:20 AM
Apologies for double posting, I don't know what happened there.
Jeanette Cunningham

"Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> people usually do this sort of thing with 2 forms. The first form allows a
> user to choose which record they want to edit. After they choose the
> record
> there will be a button to click or sometimes a double click which opens
> the
> second form with only the record that is to be edited.
> Note with this system, the first form that chooses the record to edit
> needs
> to be read only.
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>

> "DrewBe" <DrewBe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a query run from FORM view using a button.  To view records
>>associated
>> with parameters built in the query.  I would like to select the record
>> and
>> view it back in the FORM view and continue on editing from there.  Is it
>> possible to add a column in my query with this type of feature or
>> something
>> along those lines?!
>> --
>> DrewBe

0
Jeanette
12/21/2007 1:38:34 AM
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:17:01 -0800, DrewBe <DrewBe@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a query run from FORM view using a button.  To view records associated
>with parameters built in the query.  I would like to select the record and
>view it back in the FORM view and continue on editing from there.  Is it
>possible to add a column in my query with this type of feature or something
>along those lines?!

I'd suggest using the button to set the form's Filter property to display the
desired record, e.g.

Private Sub cmdFilterForm_Click()
If IsNull(Me!parameterbox) Then
	Me.FilterOn = False
	Me.Filter = ""
Else
	Me.Filter = "[Fieldname] = " & Me!parameterbox
	Me.FilterOn = True
End If
End Sub

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

cmbo box on subform fills fields on form when chkbx is yes
I have a multi-tabbed form that details bid data ranging from pricing to contact info to departmental notes. Page two has a subform listing general contractors to whom we bid. One bid may have 10-15 contractors listed. When a purchase order is issued from one of these contractors I select a checkbox indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 On Mar 17, 3:04=A0p...

how to hide standardnavigation in form
Hi, How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bottom of a form? Susan Open the form in design view. Right-click the small square in the upper left corner of the form and select Properties. On the Format tab find "Navigation Buttons". Change that option to "No". "susan" wrote: > Hi, > > How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bottom of a form? > > Susan > > > On Feb 27, 7:43=A0am, "susan" <duff...@hetnet.nl> wrote: > Hi, > > How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bo...

Calculated Field in form to table
Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? ...

Query Help : accounts which are not members of existing marketing list
Hey all, I have few marketing lists and having lot of accounts as members . Now i am interested to make a new marketing list with new members , which are not member of any of existing marketing list. Is there any way to see which accounts are not member of existing marketing list ? Thanks Aami Sure AAmi, Not within CRM but you can run this in the SQL Query Analyzer to find them: select * from accountbase A left join ListMemberBase L on A.accountid = L.entityID where L.entityID is null HTH, Dave Aami wrote: > Hey all, > > I have few marketing lists and having lot of accounts...

Recipients Cannot Open/View Attachments
Hi there Recently we had a major crash and our Outlook had to be set up from scratch. We use rich text to send messages so that we can print a copy of the message and keep a record of what attachment (if any) went with it. This is a vital part of the way our Company keeps records and saves the administration staff from handwriting the details of the many attachments we send. We have being using RTF for a year without any issues until the crash a few weeks ago and some of the recipients are using Outlook themselves or Outlook Express (until I found this out I thought it might be issu...

Visual Basic forms
Please Help, There must be a million references to what I'm asking but I can't seem to find it. All I'd like to do is create a form in Visual Basics which contains a combo box, aka a dropdown list, but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to tie in the data into the combo box which would of course display the list. Can someone please help. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to call the information from a current list on a worksheet? If so how? But it needs to be in VBA. Set the Combo's RowSource property to the address of the wo...

table and form not calculated in synch
Help says to open a piviot table but I am having trouble making my columns add up to total for each indivudual ID. The totals are being calculated only in th e form view which does not up date the original table and does not transfer to a report. How can I get a feild to calculate specific feilds so that I can run these reports? ...

Summary Query
I need help with a quey. First I have a table that has different columns, two fields that I want to use are "CSR" and "Responses". these two fields are lookup and linked with two tables. Now i need a report based on query, where I can have CSR names on left, and on top responses, showing the counts. I know I can do it through Pivot Table but then i can not export it to Excel as simply text. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com How about a Crosstab Query with CSR as a Row Header, Responses as a Column Header and Count of Responses as the Value? This wi...

link append query to combobox
I have a form (tester) that contains two unbound comboboxes. The first, cboMRSearchChart looks up a specific ID number (text datatype) for a patient, and the second (cboDOVSearchChart), displays the dates of visit associated with that ID number. The two fields are from the table "Patient Visits," where an autonumber Chart ID serves as the primary key. The selection of a date updates a subform (sbfPatientVisits), which is related to the mainform via Chart ID number. The column with Chart ID is present in the Date of Visit combobox, but is hidden from view. In the NotInList event of t...

Using Query by typing " SELECT......"
Hello, When I saw on the addresss sample database, the form Household is uing query by just mentioning SELECT...... My question is how can type SELECT then prompt the table to us. I normally use grid query, what is the difference using grid query of SQL Query ( is it SQL that using SELECT....?) Many thanks for any idea provided -- H. Frank Situmorang The RecordSource property of a form can accept: - a table name - a query name - a SQL statement. You can change the RecordSource property of the form programmatically. For example, if the form currently has a RecordSource of: SELECT ...

Query error after converting
I'm running Access 2003. I have a working database. It seems as if the database is in Access 2000 format, because when I go to Convert, the 'Convert to Access 2000' option is grayed out. I need to convert this database to both Access 2002-2003 and Access 97. I have this part of VB code, and it works fine in the current version, as well as in Access 2002-2003 (after converting to Access 2002-2003). Dim rstRoutes As Recordset Dim strSQL As String ...... strSQL = "SELECT DISTINCT [Route] " & _ "FROM Highways_Info " & _ "WHERE ...

Crosstab Query For Fiscal Year Totals
I want to write a crosstab query for FY totals that will show each month regardless of wether there is data or not. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks! The trick is column headings. Open the query in Design View. Right click up where the tables go and select Properties. In there is column headings. Put in the expected column names in order. Something like: "Jan","Feb","Mar" and so on. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "DevlinM" wrote: > I...

post to web forms from within a program
Does anybody know of a way to post data collected from within my vc++ app to a web from on my web site? It's just a basic html form that saves the data to a csv file. I've been looking all over the web for articles on this and haven't found anything. I may just not be looking in the right place. thanks in advance, ed You can WinInet to achieve it. MFC provides some relevant classes like CHTTPFile (CInternetFile based) classes. Another alternative might be to use IE/IWebBrowser2 object model to post the data. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ed"...

RelationShips Queries and joins
Not sure where to start and the posts I have read I do not fully understand I created 2 tables (remitt and Billing) and for each table I created a query--Because I needed to create a commmon expression (1st 10 digits of a name & a w/e date & Pay code). The names never match 100% I want to make a final query and bring over the Billing info into the remitt and create a final query Can I do this? Post the SQL of the two queries you have now by opening in design view, click on VIEW - SQL View, highlight all in the window that opens, copy, and paste in a post. -...

How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not? I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID. They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they tab through all the fields and get the duplicate record error. Then they press Esc and do a search on that vendorID to pull up the existing record to update. VendorID format is similar to this A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor FEIN, State abbrev.) I want to automate this. when they enter the VendorID, I want it to s...

Access 2003 VB Code Export Query Failing with Access 2007 user
I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB. Now, some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a "Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I created for them. My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that I have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file, and for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this. This make sense? And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an easy way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change...

Removing all duplicate records except one copy
Hello, I have combined data from several sheets. The data is of product information that is sold in a chain of shops. I am trying to compile a master list of all products sold across the chain. In column A is the product NUMBER, in column B is the supplier number for that product. e.g.: ________Column A_________Column B Row 1___1000____________20 Row 2___1000 ___________ 20 Row 3___2000____________30 Row 4___2000____________20 Row 5___3000____________30 Row 6___3000____________30 Row 7___3000____________20 REQUIRED RESULT: ________Column A_________Column B Row 1___1000____________2...

Fill Form And Get $5000 To Your Home.
Fill Form And Get $5000 To Your Home At http://lifeisbeatiful.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque. please don't tell to anyone. ...

Possible to Import Access queries to Excel and maintain the formulas??
Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that they will still exist in Excel. Is that possible to do? Thanks! Hi Fred, not without writing code -- and, depending on your calculations, this may be very difficult Warm Regards, Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) * MVP Access Remote Programming and Training strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com * fred.sheriff@gmail.com wrote: > Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access > queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that t...

Append query with "if" on possible missing field.
I want to do an append query from table-1 to table-2 but the Table-1 may be missing a field [Rep] if so I want to pick up the [Rep] from table-3 Im appending to a field [Rep] in table-1 So far Ive tried building an update query with table-1 & table-3 at the top appending to Table-2 then in the boxes at the bottom - tried Exp: iif(nz(isnull([table-1]![Rep])),[table3]![Rep],[Table1]![Rep]) but all this does when there is no [Rep] field in table-1 is prompt of the variable input.. Anythoughts would be much appreciated.? Hi Rob, here is a 2 step way to do it. Append the data from tab...

Error on first record of integration
I am always getting the following error on the first record of each integration (I run a group, which contains 2 separate integrations): Could not set foreground locking value to 0 I found the knowledge article which says to increase the time between the macro to launch GP (scheduled task) and the Run Integration Group (scheduled task), so I did (set to 5 minutes instead of 2). It only takes 30 seconds total to completely log into the company. However, the error still occurs on both integrations. Why would the first record on the second integration fail as well if it was a timing i...

How do I limit the repositioning of FORM
HI ALL CAN ANY ONE TELL ME THAT "HOW DO I LIMIT THE REPOSITIONING OF A FORM. Arbind ...

Where is RowSource query?
Hi All, I created a pivot chart using Auto Form Pivot Chart. I'm trying to get to the query behind my chart but can't seem to locate it. I need to change the legend text. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Strange barcode like lines appearing in all forms
All, This morning I went to update a form and when I opened the form in Design mode I noticed what looked like a bunch of small black squares containing barcode images of some sort. Even when I go to create a new form from scratch, these images show up. Anyone have any idea what is causing this? I am using Access 2002 on a Terminal Server runing Windows 2000. Even if I open reports in design mode I get these strange characters. Thank you, Thomas Kroljic It appears that a virus (trojan.bredolab) was on the server. I removed this virus and the small little black squa...

To MVP John Spencer - Report
Hey! Sorry my bad English! My Name Is Per Erik Løkken, and comes from Norway. I have been in contact with MVP Duane Hookom regarding an issue with a report in Access 2007. She tells me that you've had a post regarding the ranking query: “I believe you can do this without the subquery but using a totals query and a self join. MVP John Spencer has posted this type of ranking query in the past. You will get a more efficient and functional result as needed in the report record source.” My report is made with a subquery: SELECT A.VEKT, A.NAVN, A.KLUBB, A.KLASSE, (S...