Summing Two Query Fields

I am trying to sum to fields from two separate queries. I have tried
adding them together (you know, [field1]+[field2] as well as [table1]!
[field1]+[table2]+[field2]) but that isn't working. Instead I am
getting two rows of data (one is field1 and the other is actually the
sum). Any ideas? Thanks so much!

0
Christie

On Jun 27, 3:03 pm, Christie <christiebl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to sum to fields from two separate queries. I have tried
> adding them together (you know, [field1]+[field2] as well as [table1]!
> [field1]+[table2]+[field2]) but that isn't working. Instead I am
> getting two rows of data (one is field1 and the other is actually the
> sum). Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Okay, so I actually figured out that I needed to link two fields, not
just one to complete the link. Now my problem is figuring out the type
of link. I want to include all records from both. Is this possible?

0
Christie

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Make Table Query
I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:40:24 -0700, dswiders@gmail.com wrote: >I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query >that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current >database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? A date is just a field value. Saving today's date as a Table is almost certainly VERY bad design. Why do an expensive, awk...

Paste into "Advanced Find" "search for the words:" field????
Am I doing something wrong, or did microsoft really disable the ability to paste into the "search for the words:" field? You can paste into the email address fields, but that is it. I'm trying to search emails for a specific numeric string, and I don't want to have to type a 30 character number from an email when I could easily copy and paste it. Am I doing something wrong or are they really that stupid??? Thanks! Mick Does CTRL V work for you "Mick" <MickBurkellc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121234980.931014.46200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >...

Corstabquery or normal query
Hello, Maybe I have a langguage problem in expressing my difficulties, but here is what I wanted Normal report based on the normal query: Year 2005 No. Position Name 1, Elder Mr. A 2. clerck Mr. B 3. Deacon Mr. C Year 2006 1, Elder Mr. D 2. clerck Mr. E 3. Deacon Mr. F Year 2007...same way downward I wanted it that the year is Sideway" No. Position Name Year 2005 Year 2006 Year 2007 1, Elder Mr. A Mr. D ....... 2. clerck ...

Sum of a UNION Query
Hello, I want to sum the values together that are returned from the following two queries joined with a UNION from within the same query (instead of creating a second query that will SUM the two values that are produced from this one). I tried "wrapping" this code within a SELECT SUM, but it returns with "this is not allowing in subqueries". SELECT Count(*) AS SubCount FROM [TABLE1] WHERE (([TABLE1].USER)="JOHNSMITH") UNION ALL SELECT Count(*) AS SubCount FROM [TABLE2] WHERE (([TABLE2].USER)="EJONES"); The results are: SubCount -------------- 380 45...

Append Query every day at certain time automatically
Hi, So i have a query qryStats. Basicaly i want to be able to see how the stats have changed over a period so i was thinking of turning that simple query into an Append Query so that it just add the results to a table tblStats. I tested it and it works great so i can design reports and the result is exactly what i want. Problem is im going to forget to run the query each day. What are my options? Can i write code of some kind that runs the append query each day at, lets say 16:00? YES but your db would need to be running in order for that to work. You could also create...

Script for Query-Based DL's
Pardon me if posted in the wrong place. We are scripting a large amount of OU structures and administration groups with delegation through dsacls. This is something that is repeated many times. One item that is asked to create is a query-based DL. Since it would need to be ran so many times and for consistency I am trying to find if we can have the script create the Q-B DL's. I have found scripts for dsacls and the Q-B DL's but I'm having a hard time finding how to script the creation of the DL's. Does anyone know how this would be done? Thank you, Michael ...

Can no longer cut/paste ranges in chart "edit data" fields?
In Excel 2007 I can no longer cut/paste cell ranges into the x and y datasets using the edit data tool. Is there a way to turn this back on? Also the chart range resets itself to the current length of the data, however, in many instances I want to set an exact future range. Is there a way to have excel not reset the range to what it "thinks" I want. > In Excel 2007 I can no longer cut/paste cell ranges into the x and y > datasets > using the edit data tool. Is there a way to turn this back on? I have no problem doing what you can't. Could you provide more det...

user flooded with "not read" receipts from two years ago!
Today (9/14/2006) I have a user who just got about 200 "Not Read" receipts from emails originally sent from 11/15/2004 to 12/17/2004. From all kinds of internal recipients, and interestingly, they all say email was deleted without being read on 8/22/2006 at 8:16 AM. Running Exchange 2003, user client is Outlook 2003. Don't (consciously) have any mailbox management policies. Only thing I can think of is that about that time (8/22/2006) I was doing a restore to a recovery storage group. Don't think that should have mattered, and heck, why today? Thanks for any poin...

Problems Getting a Field to Work in a New Mail Message form
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 using IMO (Internet Mail Only - not Exchange Server). Does anyone know of a way to make sure the From: field appears in a new mail message? For reasons too lengthy to get into, it would be very helpful for me to see the From: field (with my default email address already filled in, of course) as well as they typical To:, CC: and Subject: fields when composing a new email. I did try to create a new form (Tools >Forms >Design a Form >Message) but when I used it, the default email address did not appear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Sangrateo SangrateoATanonymo...

updating and underlying table field with a combo box selection
I want to use an ID value from a combo box on a subform to update the same ID value in the form's underlying table. My main form is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main My Subform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Sub My Subform table is: tbl_Street_Joiner My Mainform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main The combo box on my subform is called: StreetName, with a column count of two but the bound column is the actual street name. SELECT QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.StreetNameID FROM QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master ORDER BY QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QR...

auto sum function
I just realized my final sum changes if I use the "sort ascending" function..... How do I fix this ? thank u Hi where is your sum formula located? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I just realized my final sum changes if I use the "sort > ascending" function..... > > How do I fix this ? > > thank u Down a colum But also, i just found out info changes on each lines when i use the "sort ascending" tool... >-----Original Message----- >Hi >where is your sum formula located? &...

Help with a simple query
Hi guys and gals, Can anyone help me with this query? I am having some issues with pulling in all names even though (it appears) I have the join correct. SELECT tblEmployee.EmpRptID, tblEmployee.UserName, Sum(tmpReports.NumOfSets) AS SumOfNumOfSets FROM tblEmployee LEFT JOIN tmpReports ON tblEmployee.UserName = tmpReports.UserName WHERE (((tblEmployee.IsCQATech)=True) AND ((tmpReports.CompleteDate) Between #2/8/2010# And #2/12/2010#)) GROUP BY tblEmployee.EmpRptID, tblEmployee.UserName; What am I doing wrong? You have defeated the left join by applying criteria to the right s...

Merging queries by column in access
Hi, I have a series of queries which get data aggregated by year, e.g. select year(date), min(var1), avg(var1), max(var1) from table where (ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) select year(date), min(var2), avg(var2), max(var2) from table where (entirely different ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) etc etc There are six queries like this so what I want is to amalgamate these columns together into one results table (and also into one query so users can just run one stored query rather than six!) as follows: year, m...

Can I have one register from two accounts in M03 and in import question
I have just begun trying-out Money 2003 and am having trouble doing what I want to do. I have two accounts, one is a Merrill Lynch money market account which contains my portfolio and my VISA account and I also write checks in that account. The second account is a Credit Union account in which deposits are made and from which I pay bills. I would like to have one register that will contain all deposits and expenditures, including the VISA charges, from both accounts. Can I do this and how? Also, ML only keeps 90 days worth of transactions. I would like to load the entire year into Mone...

Access autonumber field changes to date format when Excel imports
When importing Access data into Excel, the autonumber field in Access is chenged to date format instead of a general number format. I could run a macro to change the number format but this only happens on some Vista machines, not all. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? ...

Two Lower Filters
Hello, I have vendor provided USBSTOR lower filter. I wanted to add my filter driver below the USBSTOR lower filter. I actually want to filter the requests further. I'm not sure if this is possible to have two filters one below the other, but I just wanted to check on this. Thanks nd Regards, uba You can have as many filters as needed in a given location. You cannot guarantee that your filter is immediately below another filter because some other filter may get there first. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http:/...

join two documents
How do I join two files (12 pages one, 10 the other) so that I have only one document of 22 pages? Open both files (run Publisher twice) then cut or copy from one and paste to the other. -- Don Vancouver, USA "MARCO" <MARCO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:374A07F4-58E0-4A58-88DF-6B5FCC58435B@microsoft.com... > How do I join two files (12 pages one, 10 the other) so that I have only one > document of 22 pages? ...

Retrieving the Top 10 of the Average of Two columns, but displaying a third
I'm new to Excel programing, so please bear with me. I have an excel spreadsheet with 3 columns. Column1 Column2 Column3 -------------------------------------- John Doe 5 3 Jane Smith 2 9 Bill Smith 4 2 What I need to do is take the average of Column 2 and 3, find the highest average of the entire list and display Column 1 as the final result. In other words: I need to create a Top 5 List of the people with the highest grade average. I don't care much for displaying the grade, I just need the top 5...

Add number of days due field on aged trial balance reports (PM/RM)
I would like to add 'number of days past due' field on the aged trial balance reports and sort the reports by this field. I dont know how to proceed. Can someone guide me? ...

User is two
Hi, In Exchange 2k3 SP2, a user send me email internally. When I reply, I get a postmaster report that the address does not exist in the organization. When composing a new message, and when writing the first few letter of that user account name, two identical address appear. I can send to one but receive from the other, to which I can not send. How to fix this creepy situation? Thanks Yba On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:59:02 -0700, yba02 <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >In Exchange 2k3 SP2, a user send me email internally. When I reply, I get a >postmaster repor...

STDEV down, but not across, two cols??
I don't understand Standard Deviation very well - I was just told to use this function. Up 'til now, I've only had one column of numbers. Now I have two columns of five data points each. Each set across is one pair (two measurements of the same item). I don't think they want the STDEV between the paired points included in the calculations, only between the individual pairs. So how do I reduce this to only five data points and still get a valid STDEV? Or have I asked an irrational question because I don't know STDEV? ED standard deviation is the parameter for the ...

disk mgmt query
I have a desktop system with two different sized HDs with both having the identical xp media edition installed. The problem is that windows is not allowing me to manage the pecking order. Drive "0" is being read in disk mgmt as drive D and Drive "1" is being read as drive C. In the bios upon boot up, Drive 0 is in fact being read as the primary master and Drive 1 read as the primary slave. I have tried to change the letters of these drives to drive 0 = C and drive 1 = D but a window pops up saying that I can't change the name of the boot drive. "Windows c...

CRM Contact fields not available in Advanced Search
Why aren't all fields available to use in Contact advanced search? Some attributes of an entity are shown in the Attributes view in the customization area, but are not available to search on in the "Advanced Find" form. Why is this? Is there a way of making the fields available? There is one Contact field "relationshiptype" I use a lot for marketing campaigns. I want to use advanced search to filter "customers" and exclude competitors, partners, suppliers, editors, etc. from my search. This attribute is not available in advanced search. I have to expor...