Summary Query

I need help with a quey. First I have a table that has different columns, two
fields that I want to use are "CSR" and "Responses". these two fields are
lookup and linked with two tables.

Now i need a report based on query, where I can have CSR names on left, and
on top responses, showing the counts. I know I can do it through Pivot Table
but then i can not export it to Excel as simply text.

khashid

How about a Crosstab Query with CSR as a Row Header, Responses as a Column
Header and Count of Responses as the Value?

This will Export to Excel as data.

"khashid via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I need help with a quey. First I have a table that has different columns, two
> fields that I want to use are "CSR" and "Responses". these two fields are
> lookup and linked with two tables.
>
> Now i need a report based on query, where I can have CSR names on left, and
> on top responses, showing the counts. I know I can do it through Pivot Table
> but then i can not export it to Excel as simply text.

Linking queries on a report
Hello all, I built a number of queries that all tie to the same table. Each query sorts the data differently, but comes from the same data source. I would like to show the results of these queries on the same report, but I get and error message that the wizard can't connect the queries. How can I display multiple queries on the same report. I've tried subreports, but they don't seem to export as well. Thanks b Brennan What does "export" have to do with this? If I have multiple sets of results I want to show in one place, I create an empty "main"...

min query
Hi, How do I get the 2nd minimum value and the 3rd minimum from a table after I have done MIN query for the 1st minimum value? SELECT dbo_CON.SC, dbo_CON.SN, Min(dbo_CON.SQ) AS MinOfSQ FROM dbo_CON GROUP BY dbo_CON.SC, dbo_CON.SN HAVING (((dbo_CON.SC)<>49)); Thanks, Hi Jerry, This will give me three different SC SN records. I am looking for same SC SN records that has next min SQ. table SC SN SQ 1 100 1 1 100 2 1 100 3 1 100 ...

make query from to 64 bit system
I have a application need to be compile for 64 bit system. how can i read data from vb.net 2005. hi Jennifer, On 09.12.2009 17:36, Jennifer wrote: > I have a application need to be compile for 64 bit system. how can i read > data from vb.net 2005. First of all, I don't see the point why you're asking this question in an Access newsgroups. Further more, you should really be more spefific... mfG --> stefan <-- ...

<> data query
I have two tables and both have a field called tag_id. The first table "my2003" has about 5000 records. The second table "monitor2003" is a subset of table "my2003" and has about 3000 records. I need help building a query that will give me the records in table "my2003" where the "tag_id" field is <> to the "tag_id" field in the "monitor2003" table. Also which type of joining of the two tables is needed? Use the query wizard to create an unmatch record query that will list all the records in my2003 but are n...

Different queries but the same?
Hi Everyone, Access 2003. I accidently double clicked on the wrong thing in a new query based on another query. In the query grid, I added the qryVentThpyWithinLastArea and double clicked on the *. It only filled one column of my grid but when I ran the query, it showed all the fields from the query. I then dragged down Area field and added my criteria. I had been taught to double click on the blue title bar and then drag all the fields to the grid then add my criteria. Both ways give me the same data. What is the differnce? I pasted the sql below so you can see what's going...

trim in query
Hi All I am trying to trim a leading space at the start of each field in my "Customers" table which is an Exel spreadsheet imported using "TransferSpreadsheet" After researching the internet I have been able to get this to work using, for example: CustomerName: Trim([F3]) in the Field line of a select query ("CustomersTrimQry"). My promlem is that when I append the data from "CustomersTrimQry" to the "Customers" table the space returns. Prior to using trim I ran 3 queries from the original "CustomersImport" table, "C...

Database SQL query
Sorry for this post here. If someone knows a group I can go to for this question, please let me know. I have a program in MFC that accesses and updates an Access database. The problem is I can't figure out how to add a field which contains a word with a single apostrophe ie (St. Vincent's). I'm using the CDaoDatabase and CDaoRecordset classes. I understand that DAO is interpreting the apostrophe as some type of terminator but there must be a way around the issue. MS Access has information on how to do it in Access VB but that doesn't seem to work in MFC. Thanks Ughh ...

MS query and Firebird
I am accessing a Firebird data base with MS Query into Excel. I am trying to change the column heading (column name) but as I writte a "Newname" in Column Heading MS Query dont accept. I try to change directlly the SQL statement with "AS" clause and without "AS" clause but MS Query dont accept. I dont know if the format of select statement is different in Firebird data base or is a problem with MS Query. JC. ...

Project Manager 2007 queries
I am considering purchasing Proect Manager for my my Planner, we are a small office who a familiar with the basics but have a few queries which are a little more detailed, I hope someone may able to advise on:- 1. Reporting - What are the options for importing and exporting documents and the number of format types, are they clear and easy to learn and use ? 2. Graphs - Is graphical data readily available, are there differing options of graphs and are the tools for producing them clear and easy to use ? 3. Sand pits - Are there areas where 'offline' working is availabl...

UDF XLA and SQL queries
Newbie question. Apologies in advance if it's too simplistic or in the wrong forum. I want to add an UDF to Excel. This UDF queries a SQL database. Say the function name is 'MyFunc'; I want to be able to have (in a cell) =MyFunc("ABC") return some data from the SQL database (for example here, say the Product Description for product "ABC"). The user needs to select the database the first time he uses the workbook. The UDF is called often in the worksheets of a given workbook so I would prefer to open the connection once at the beginning and...

Parse field in query
I have a table called MasterData with a field called Originator. The field data looks like this... Lou Santana Steven Sentry/Miami/PU/WC/US CN=Kathy T. Buon/OU=Miami/OU=BU/O=WC/C=US Terry J Leif I need it to look like this... Lou Santana Steven Sentry Kathy T. Buon Terry J Leif How can this be parsed?? -- deb What a mess that you're stuck with! Below will look for the first / and return the string before it in a query. If there isn't a / it returns the entire string. Of course this doesn't help with the CN= in CN=Kathy T. Buon. Parsed: IIf(InStr([Originator],"/")...

Using form to enter "query criteria" (between values)
Good morning everyone, I want to create a form with two boxes, where first box is lower limit of the value and the second upper limit. This values should be used in my query as filter criteria. Like this (query filter criteria): > "textbox1" AND < "textbox2" Does anyone know how I can build this in a form (i.e. connect my textboxes and query criteria)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden By thinking about for another minute I found the (simple) answer. In the query criteria I put the following expression: BETWEEN [forms].[nameofform].[NameofDatefield1] AND [forms].[name...

Need help getting query to reference a field in a subform
I am trying to run a query using a specific field in a subform as the criteria. The query is displaying one combo box from the Form, as well as several fields from its own subform. My Form name is: FormGrantManagement My Subform name is: TableMOA subform My Subform's subform is: TableCostReports The field in the subform I want to reference is: MOAID I have found other help topics that lead me to think that a criteria along the lines of [Forms]![FormGrantManagement]![TableMOA subform]! [Form]![MOAID] is what I need to use, and I have tried multiple variations of this but witho...

Save Query Results as table to another Access Database
I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in sql server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel. Occasionally the reports are too big for excel. I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4 stored procs as tables in a new Access database. right now I have it returning the results as a query. How do I save the results in another database? Thanks, -- Billy Rogers Dallas,TX Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003 Hi Billy The following SQL statement should do it for you: SELECT * INTO [TableName] I...

Append Query Fails, MS Access 2000 bug?
I appear to be having a problem with an append query. I created a select query, converted the query to a make table query. The query created the table, NewTable, and inserted the data. I then modified the query again to an append query. The data in NewTable was deleted, then I ran the append query... everything ran fine. I opened NewTable in Design View, saved the table (NO changes were made). I re-ran the append query and it failed: Microsoft Access can't append all the records in the append query. Microsoft Access set 0 field(s) to Null due to a type conversion failure, and i...

Query help please 04-08-10
I have two combo boxes. Location and Super1 The location box lets you select a location where a staff member is working at.For example U3 B-days. The Super1 box lets you select their supervisor who works U3 B-days. As it stands right now it will work. The problem is that it will show all Supervisors through out the whole place. I found a way where I can select from the Location box where it will pull up just the supervisors for that location in the Super1 box. That works so far so good. Now, where the problem comes in is when the staff member is a supervisor. For example: Staf...

How to query multiple zip codes
I have a database of over 380k records that I need to separate out by zip codes. What I am doing is getting a 50 mile radius of my directors across the country and this program comes up with a list of zip codes in that radius. Just for OR, I have 7 pages of zip codes (182 zips). Is there an easy way in Access to get only those zips? Some I can use the operator between "97005-97024", but I can't do the entire list that way. I've always wanted to figure this out. Thanks for any help to make this easier for me. I have about 48 regions to do. Hi Jerry: I do have ...

Storing Information From Queries?
I'm working with a 1gb database and have about 20 queries that analyze and summarize the database in different ways. I tried running a separate query that runs all 20 of these queries, but it's just too much for my computer. Is there a way to, maybe, write a macro that runs each query individually, and stores the result from each query? Any ideas on how to automate the running of these queries, and store the results? Edit/Delete Message soma wrote: >I'm working with a 1gb database and have about 20 queries that analyze and >summarize the database in different...

Parameter queries
I have succesfully used range values as parameter values with MS Query and Excell2007. Suddenly this technique no longer works and when testing the queries I get the error message "SQL data type out of range". If I copy and paste the cell value into the criterion box of MS Query to replace the parameter prompt all works as expected. I get the same message with data types ranging from dates to simple strings. The SQL string seems to be the same as the older working versions. Please help! ...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Complex Query ?
I have a table with 2 fields, Order and Zone. There are many orders but there is only 7 zone types, A, B, C, D, F, J, N. In this table I only have the orders that have 2 zones on them, so each order# will appear twice with its respective zone. How do I write a query or queries that will show me the percentage of which zones appear together more often on orders? Example, 40% of all orders have zone A and B, 20% of orders have zone J & F, etc. Thanks, Sean SELECT zone, COUNT(*) AS howMany FROM tableName GROUP BY zone would return the number of records, per zone. To add th...

Extracting unqiue entries from a query
Hi, I have been struggling with this query for a while and need some help from the experts! I am trying to extract unique records from the following sample list RefID QtrDate TargetNameTargetID Value 1 30-Jun-05 Target 1 010574 13 1 31-Mar-07 Target 1 010574 16.5 1 31-Dec-07 Target 1 010574 17 1 30-Jun-06 Target 1 010574 20 1 30-Sep-06 Target 1 010574 21 1 31-Mar-06 Target 1 010574 25 2 30-Jun-07 Target 1 010689 4 2 31-Mar-07 Target 1 010689 6 3 30-Sep-05 Target 1 011010 1 3 31-Dec-07 Target 1 011010 1.5 3 31-Dec-07 Target 2 011019 8 3 31-Dec-07 Target 3 011031 1.5 4 31-Dec-07 Ta...

Union Query with 3 tables
I'm trying to use a Union query with 3 tables to combine the following fields. Not all customers have a territory or broker; however, I would like al lthe customers listed in the output. Thanks for any help Customer Number from table 1 Territory Name from Table 2 Broker from table 3 What you are looking for is not a UNION query. A UNION query merges like data from multiple record sources into a single result set. In my experience, it's most common use is to normalize a poorly structured database. I believe what you want to do is create a query that links your Customer t...

Sub Queries
Hello, Does anyone know if it is possible to query within the results set of another query using MSCRM V3? So a user can create an advanced find, then the user queries from the results displayed from the search? Like a nested select. Thanks Jo Using Advanced Find, every line you add to a query narrows your results set further. So, for example, if you do an Advanced Find for Contacts where Owner | Equals | Bob Smith Email Address | Contains Data and this returns 50 contacts, if you add another line, such as Status | Equals | Active you will in effect be searching within your result...

Simple Access Query
Hi I would like to allow the user to click on a button and then call a query and assign the returned value to a textBox control How can I do that? Thank you, Samuel Realistically, you don't need to call a query. Using the DLookup function should be sufficient to return the required value from the query. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:ObHv4q3qHHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I would like to allow the user to click on a button ...