Show / hide design grid

For some reason thedesign grid in one of the queries that I have created
disappears.  I can still see the tables and queries upon which the query in
question is based but the actual design grid has gone.
The grid cannot be located by doing a grid search using the scroll bars (all
the way to the bottom; across to the right one step; all the way to the top;
across to the right one more step\; etc etc)
I cannot find any setting that will restore the query design grid and cannot
find any reference to it on Google either.
I have Googled "Show hide query design grid", "Cannot see query design grid
Assess 2003" etc.
My current work around is to recreate the query and it does seem to be
machine dependent (i.e. it does not happen on my main PC in the office; only
my note book)
Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

RGC1 wrote:

>For some reason thedesign grid in one of the queries that I have created
>disappears.  I can still see the tables and queries upon which the query in
>question is based but the actual design grid has gone.
>The grid cannot be located by doing a grid search using the scroll bars (all
>the way to the bottom; across to the right one step; all the way to the top;
>across to the right one more step\; etc etc)
>I cannot find any setting that will restore the query design grid and cannot
>find any reference to it on Google either.
>I have Googled "Show hide query design grid", "Cannot see query design grid
>Assess 2003" etc.
>My current work around is to recreate the query and it does seem to be
>machine dependent (i.e. it does not happen on my main PC in the office; only
>my note book)

It sounds like someone dragged the dividing line down too
far or the query design windo is not tall enough.  First try
making th window taller, then find the dividing line between
the table part and the grid part and move it up to a more
convenient place.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
RGC1 wrote:
>"Marshall Barton" wrote:
>> RGC1 wrote:
>> >For some reason thedesign grid in one of the queries that I have created
>> >disappears.  I can still see the tables and queries upon which the query in
>> >question is based but the actual design grid has gone.
>> >The grid cannot be located by doing a grid search using the scroll bars (all
>> >the way to the bottom; across to the right one step; all the way to the top;
>> >across to the right one more step\; etc etc)
>> >I cannot find any setting that will restore the query design grid and cannot
>> >find any reference to it on Google either.
>> >I have Googled "Show hide query design grid", "Cannot see query design grid
>> >Assess 2003" etc.
>> >My current work around is to recreate the query and it does seem to be
>> >machine dependent (i.e. it does not happen on my main PC in the office; only
>> >my note book)
>>

>> It sounds like someone dragged the dividing line down too
>> far or the query design windo is not tall enough.  First try
>> making th window taller, then find the dividing line between
>> the table part and the grid part and move it up to a more
>> convenient place.
>>

>Had thought of that and went looking for the dividing line between the top
>and bottom parts of the query (design grid) but cannot find it. It does not
>seem to matter how far down the page that I go, wither with the scroll bars
>or by resizing the window, the dividing line cannot be found.
>It is as if the design grid has been deleted.

The only way I can make it look like what you are describing
is if the window is too short to display the grid area.  The
dividing line should be just below the table area's
horizontal scroll bar.  If you can not see the H scroll bar,
then your query window is definitely too short.  Note that
the vertical scroll bar only scrolls the table area, the
grid area has its own scroll bars and both sets are useless
here.

I think I can make my query grid disappear by maximizing the
Access window, then maximizing the query design window.  If
I then drag the dividing line down as far as it will go and
restore the Access window and query design window.

If none of that helps, you might want to try (using a copy
of you mdb file) clicking on the control box at the far left
edge of the query window's title bar and selecting Move.
Without touching the mouse, use the UpArrow key to slide the
query window up until you can see the bottom of the window.
If the dividing line is still not visible, drag the bottom
of the query window down as far as you can.  If you still
can't see at least the dividing line, repeat the above until
you can.  Then drag the dividing line up a long way.  Drag
the bottom of the window up too.

Use the control box again to slide the window back down
(moving the dividing line and window bottom up as necessary
to keep them visible on the screen.  Repeat until you can
see the query design title bar.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Form design to add data to 3 tables in "Order Entry" style db
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I thought I posted it yesterday but couldn't find it today... I need help figuring out the best way to design a form for data entry in the "Order Entry" style, adding data to three related tables. For clarity I have eliminated several fields. Here are the three tables, plus the fourth that is a reference table: tblCustomers: CustID (pk), CustName tblOrders: OrderID (pk), OrderDate, CustID (fk) tblOrderProd: OrderProdID (pk), OrderID (fk), ProdID (fk) tblProducts: ProdID (pk), ProdName Each Customer is associated with one or mo...

having something show up
how can i hover over a word and have a box show up or click on the word and have word come up. like the one in www.zyrtec.com? Check out Insert > Shape ScreenTip to see if this accomplishes your task. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "amy" <amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAD19F89-46C1-48CB-9018-10B735C23E37@microsoft.com... > how can i hover over a word and have a box show up or click on the word > and > have word come up. like the one in www.zyrte...

why does .eps graphics files show as transparent?
using office 2003, and can insert .eps formatted graphics, but all i get is a transparant white box. is there a setting i must change? i have already made sure that the .eps graphics filter is installed in office. any help? thanks. dan m <dan m@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > using office 2003, and can insert .eps formatted graphics, but all i > get is a transparant white box. is there a setting i must change? i > have already made sure that the .eps graphics filter is installed in > office. any help? thanks. Does the graphic show when you...

Showing wire transfers correctly
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 and I had wired some funds from my investment account to my checking account. This shows up on my checking account as an "uncategorized income" line. I tried to change it to a "Transfer" to investment account, but that causes the the investment account to be adjusted as well. Any thoughts on how to fix it? Don't you want to change it to a Transfer **from** the Investment Account? Wasn't your investment account out that money? Don't you want to reflect that in the investment account as well? Why shouldn't it effect both a...

Plotted line to show OVER plotted points
I have two separate plots on one chart. A set of points (blobs) and separate fitted line. However the line is 'engulfed' by the points. have tried 'series order' - but it doesn't stop the points appearing o top of the line How do I ensure the line properly displays on top of the points ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This works if both series are Scatter. Plot the points-only series on the primary axis, and the line-only series on t...

Need trailing zeroes to show for range of numbers....
The file I pulled into Excel for some reason cut off 2 trailing zeroes, no matter how I format it they will not show up. There are thousands of them and I can't see typing in each one over just to get two zeroes on the end. Does anyone know of a way to format this so they will show up? I have searched Microsoft online with no help. Not too much information, but try this (after saving your workbook!) In an empty cell enter the numner 100. Edit>Copy Select your data Edit>Paste Special, check Multiply -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Sueshe" &...

Why does forumula show in cell instead of formula result?
Sometimes when I enter a formula into an Excel cell, the formula itself is displayed in the cell instead of the formula result. However, when I open Formula Wizard, the Wizard shows the correct formula result that should be displayed in the cell. Why does this happen and how do I get it to stop happening? It sounds like the cell is formatted as TEXT. Change the cell format to General. Then, with the cell still selected hit function key F2 then hit Enter. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ashley" <Ashley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6...

Public Folders show up twice in folder pane
It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public Folders"? Thanks in advance. To clarify...it's the mail tab. Outlook 2003 on my home computer. "Tull" <tull@outgun.com> wrote in message news:4i86v6F2l2kaU1@individual.net... > It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public > Folders"? > > Thanks in advance. > ...

Outlook 2K3/Exchange 200, Cached Mode, mail not showing up
I've found the post listed below; the same problem I'm having. I've searched and found no other reference to this, or a fix. Is anyone else having this problem, and is there a fix or workaround for it? Thanks ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >We were having issues with Outlook 2003's Cached Exchange server mode >connecting to an Exchange 2000 server. The problem we experienced was >basically the user was unable to receive messages, when this setting was >enabled the users didn't get messages for 1 month! To fix...

CD-RW DRIVE/CD Drive Not showing up under device manager.
Hola, I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess. I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any cd in it just comes back err. canno...

Inserted images from file are showing blurry on screen, why?
Recently any image format I insert in Publisher 2007 appears blurry on screen. It looks fine in print preview, but it's difficult to know what your document will look like without printing. Why is this happening all of a sudden. Was always fine before. Puzzling. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/ Try; View | Pictures | Picture display...what do you have it set at? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Pam" wrote in message news:#NQ4N1QdKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Recently any image for...

Hide subforms control from main forms control
I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code. Please help. Ciao New_Access wrote: > I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform > if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code. > Please help. Private sub form_current() if youControlName => "1" then forms!NameForm!SubForm.form.YouControlName.visible = false end if end sub -- Ciao Geppo geppo, why does access think my FormName is a fieldname. "geppo" <ccc@tin.it.inva...

show msg if subfrm is not null
I have a form with an unbound subform that is bound to a particular form depending on which selection in the control group on the main form is chosen. When the subform is bound to one form, and it loads, I have a form that pops up as a message box, but I would like this message box to only pop up if a subform on *that subform* has a record. Confused yet? Main form: ""add_new_all" control group on main form: "frame_choose_sub" option chosen: "btn_contact_info" subform control on main form: "subf_main_blank" When the option is chosen, the 'b...

VSTO
I retrieve a PivotTable in Analysis Services. How can i get the Pivotitems in spreadsheet to hide/unhide? I maked a loop in the pivottable, but the interop disable th pivotitems -- zeri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- zeric's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3100 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50675 ...

Crystal XI will not show all possible values in a parameter field
Hello: We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static" rather than "dynamic". It works fine and, when you type in a value upon refreshing the report, the data is correct. We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the parameter value is dynamic rather than static. We do not want a range, but we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values. For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic parameter field...

Showing internet headers in Outlook 2002
I need to print out e-mails from my archive 'sent' folder and from my regular 'sent' folder to show all of the internet routing that the message took. When I go to 'view' and select 'message header', I don't see the internet routing data and can't seem to find where I would select that option to see the routing. You can find the internet headers in View | Options. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:11c701...

gmail address shows distribution list
After sending a meeting invitation to a gmail user from outlook, the distrbution list that was set as private, is displayed. Anyone know the fix for this? Did you put it in the To or CC Field? If so, that is to be expected. Use the BCC Field next time. (In Meeting requests, it’s the Resources field) See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/ccmeeting.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

show codes in body
How can I remove the hard linefeed-sign showing in the body of an email. In Word you have a special key for activating linefeeds and spaces like the opposite P thanks reidarT ReidarT wrote: > How can I remove the hard linefeed-sign showing in the body of an > email. In Word you have a special key for activating linefeeds and > spaces like the opposite P > thanks > reidarT Sounds like you are using Word - as your email editor. Click the paragraph-mark button on your toolbar, or go to tools | options and uncheck the "display formatting marks" option. ...

Publisher: Print Preview shows Colors but my Screen doesn't?
Publisher: Print Preview shows Colors that I put in but my Screen doesn't? How can I get the colors back? I have checked: Any color (RGB) - Best for Desktop Printers Thank-you for any help you can give me Gene Which version? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "GeneJ" <GeneJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EF806EA-70DE-4766-894D-334E09DE1275@microsoft.com... > Publisher: Print Preview shows Colors that I put in but my Screen doesn't? > How can I get the colors ba...

New mail notification should not show a red flag
When I receive new mail notification, the little box shows a red flag and a high priority status symbol. When I go to outlook, neither are true for the email. New mail should only show those if it is true ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

From Field not showing up
I am using OL2k3, using IMAP Folders on a server other than Exchange. I know how to add the "From Field" when creating a new message, but it is not there for me to add with this particular install. Has something changed recently to take away that field? Thanks - M ...

Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 http://namithawithyou.blogspot.com/ #2
Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 http://namithawithyou.blogspot.com/ ...

How can you hide system defined views in CRM 4.0
In CRM 3.0 you could share the System view to remove them from a users list of views. I cannot see the Share functionality of Views in CRM 4.0 to do the same thing. How can you hide system views in CRM 4.0 Unfortunately, in v4.0 the system views cannot be hidden. This would be a good suggestions for next update. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "B" wrote: > In CRM 3.0 you could share the System view to remove them from a users list > of views. I cannot see the Share functionality of Views in CRM 4.0 t...

How to hide contract information for some users
Hello, I want to know a way to hide Contract information to some user. Fo example, I want that these users will be able to see the contracts list to associate items to it (or select contracts when adding a case), but not be able to display the entire contract information (prices, costs, and all the information shown in the contract main window). Thanks, Alejandro ...

Is there a way to hide text in a cell?
I'm trying to format a spreadsheet where some information (passwords) should only be viewed by certain people.... not for the general viewer. Is there a way to hide text in a cell? I have done it in the past but I can't seem to figure this out now. IT For a very casual and inexperienced user you may get away with something like this, but anything you do can be easily un-done by just about anyone who could access these news groups. You could format the text to white so's it wouldn't show in the cell. You can go to Format>Cell>Protection and check "hidden"...