Search Tables

My client would like to have 6 or so combos on a form, in which they can
query any field from any table, and export the results to excel.

yikes.

i figured the first combo, i can do a list of available tables (tests).  then
when they select a test, the combos will list all available fields within
that table.

any idea on a systemic way to accomplish this without manually typing in
everything to a table?

thanks
John

auujxa2

Sigh ... Show them how to use the Query Builder and be done with it. Why try
and reinvent the wheel?

Are these large tables? Will you be providing a way for the users to supply
criteria? Will you be allowing them to join tables?

That said, you can use the Fields collection of a Tabledef object to
populate the fields combo. If you need details, you should post in the VBA
DAO group - it's really out of scope of this newsgroup.

PS. You might try searching www.rogersaccesslibrary.com or Allen Browne's
site - there may be a ready-made demo for what you are trying to do.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

0
Bob
5/23/2010 8:37:50 PM
I agree with Bob.  Teach them to use that and then show them how to use
TransferSpreadsheet.

PieterLinden
5/23/2010 10:37:14 PM
Look here - this will do it:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/topic12&OB=ASC.html

Look for: DH (DuaneHookom) QBF.

Regards

Kevin

"auujxa2 via AccessMonster.com" <u37567@uwe> wrote in message
> My client would like to have 6 or so combos on a form, in which they can
> query any field from any table, and export the results to excel.
>
> yikes.
>
> i figured the first combo, i can do a list of available tables (tests).
> then
> when they select a test, the combos will list all available fields within
> that table.
>
> any idea on a systemic way to accomplish this without manually typing in
> everything to a table?
>
> thanks
> John

kc

Table to feed form instead of lenghty code?
Hello, I a database that is kind of like an Auction type deal. If a user enters their user ID and click the button, it will automatically display their chosen private ID (or Auction ID). What I want to know is, I have 80 people in my department and the code (only way I know how to do it) will become very long. Can I set up a table with the User ID and Private ID and when the button is clicked, have it read from the table and display the Private ID that way? Below is how I am going to do it if no alternative. Private Sub cmdStatusUpdate_Click() Me.NewBid.Locked = False ...

search command
Hi there, i have a form where i would like to use for search by two criterias: Lot# or Part Number - these are two field in the table. need help to add that to the code Private Sub Command39_Click() End Sub Private Sub Command42_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command42_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Open Orders" stLinkCriteria = "[PART NUMBER]=" & "'" & Me![PART NUMBER] & "'" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Exit_Command42_Click: E...

Just an FYI, since there doesn't seem to be a solution posted anywhere on the web, at least that I could find. If you want to search using dynamic dates, at least in the case of finding items older than a certain relative date, such as more than 30 days old, I used the following criteria successfully in Outlook 2007: Advanced Find > Advanced (tab) > Field: Sent Condition: On or after Value: 30 days ago ...

Need help with SQL tables
After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP. I received the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid in to a table. I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this. We don't have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio Express. Can anyone help me? I just need to know the script that will add it to these tables. Thanks. Tracey D "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the following tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum. Once added, use ano...

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

"grouping" a table to prevent change from users
Hi, I would like to group an entire table with a wdContentControlGroup type of Content Control to prevent editing from users except in some wdContentControlRichText type of Content Control. I'm having problem in passing the right Range of the table. If I use: With ActiveDocument Set r = .Tables(1).Range Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlGroup, r) End With an error "5224" "Wrong selection" arise. If I use: With ActiveDocument .Tables(1).Select Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdCo...

Table object
There is a little table object that shows up on the top left of a table that you can use to move the table to the left or right. But I can't seem to figure out how to get that table object to appear. You have to click around select the whole table/ deselect the table and then at some point it appears. How do you get it to appear so you can move the table? I am getting tired of trying to randomly get it to appear. Thanks, Tom Which version of Word? We support about 20... On 7/04/10 2:14 PM, in article O4J9ajg1KHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, "tshad"...

Pivot Table Freezes
I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, solutions out there. The machine has been checked out OK. I work on a network - checked out OK. Maybe this is the problem: XL2000: PivotTable Updated Slowly with OLAP Data Source http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=237469 Jimbo wrote: > I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze > when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, > solutions out there....

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

Find cell numbers in a table so I can multiply
Hello, I have a word document and in the documents header there is a table. This table a has diferent number of cells in each row like: Row one: 2 cells Row two: 4 cells Row three: 2 cells Row four: 10 cells Row five: 2 cells What I wanted to do is multipy 3 cells together thats in row four and show the total in the same row. I have a number in the 3rd cell that needs * by the number in the fith cell that needs * by the number in the seventh cell and totaled in the 9th cell. I know I have to select the ninth cell and select table/formula then what? -- Thanks, Chad I ...

SQL to get the lowest unique value from table
Hi I'm looking for some SQL to get the lowest unique value in a table: eg, <table> ID BID 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 2 5 2 6 2 7 3 8 4 3 is the lowest unique value. I would need to return the ID. Any suggestions? thanks Lee "Lee" <lee@digital-interactive.com> wrote in message news:a981d263-7f22-4b14-8493-014559da8590@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I'm looking for some SQL to get the lowest unique value in a table: > eg, > > <table> > > ID BID > 1 1 > 2 1 > 3 1 > 4 2 > 5 2 > 6 2 ...

Table calculations. Season from Date in Hunting Harvest Database.
I am trying to set up a hunting harvest database. I would like to add a column to the original data table that automatically calculates the hunting season, which is based on a specific harvest timeframe. Each harvest record entry has a specific date. For example, when a record of a deer harvested on 12-3-2007 is entered; I want the database to calculate that the date occurred during the fall 2007 season. Thus, I want 2007 to be automatically entered for this record in a separate column. However, our seasons last into the new year, so if for example a record is entered of a ...

Adding records to table from a form, with pre-populated values
I'm trying to construct a form that will let me translate pre-defined "base" sentences to several languages. I have the following tables: BaseTexts: ID, Text Languages: Language Translations: BaseTextID, Language, Translation but the Translations table only has records if a translation actually exists. So I have a query that gets me all (BaseTextID, Text, Language) triplets for which a translation is needed (Text <-> BaseTextID is 1-1 mapping, but users need to see the text itself in order to translate), and I want to present a multiple-records form with 4...

Pivot Tables show zero balance
Hi - I have a pivot table.... I want to show customers that have an outstanding balance. when i sort by month, i see everything, totals of who paid and who ha not. I want to sort to see only who is outstanding. How do I do this? CURRENT SETUP: Sort by page = date of invoice (by month) Rows = client name, then the tota -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add a Status column to your data source, and calculate the account status. For example, with customer names in column C and amounts in column H: =IF(SUMIF($C$2:$C$39,C2,$H$2:$H$39)>0,"Outstanding&...

A save operation on table "PM_Transaction_Work" casused a sharing
Hi, When my user post a PM batch using VPN, the connection is broken and the batch posting is interrupted. The status is "Table Updates Interrupted". When I try to recover the batch through Batch Rocovery, it did not allow to. saying that" Batch NOV INVOICES" failed to complete posting. Use Batch Recovery window to complete the posting process. " (I am at the batch recovery window already!!!!) When I click "more" then I see the following: "A save operation on table 'PM_Transaction_WORK' caused a sharing error." Further invest...

Web table to Excel...
Could someone help me exporting the tables from the following web-page into excel ? http://www.ekdd.gr/ESDD/IH/REBBBD-esdd-epityxontwn.htm (use unicode encoding) is this impossible ? ...

MFC String-table in C# ?
Hi, maybe a bit OT for this newsgroup, but I know that people here use C#, too. So, does anyone know how the MFC string-table technique map to C#/WinForm? I initially thought about using an integer->string map in C#, but is there some built-in mechanism to manage that? Thanks, Giovanni "Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio@REMOVEMEgmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ugqw1g7LJHA.1736@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > So, does anyone know how the MFC string-table technique map to C#/WinForm? ....after some web search, it seems that C# has a ResourceManager class ...

Copying and Pasting Excel Tables into Word
We do our financials in Word, and copy and paste special as enhanced metafiles the tables that we do in Excel. This works perfectly in Word 2003. In 2007 however, when we past the table and print it, the table looks different (letter spacing funny, not smooth). I have tried printing to five different printers and it still happens. I'd suggest a slightly different approach. If you insist on using enhanced metafiles, try the following: 1. Select the range that you want to copy. 2. Instead of Copy, select the dropdown under Paste>As Picture>Copy as Picture. 3...

Pivot Table Data Ranges
I just upgraded to excel2000, and am finding out that keyboard shortcuts used in 97 do not exist in 2000. Does anyone know of a KEYBOARD shortcut to modify, expand and or create data ranges in the dialog box for entering the range for the pivot. I have many data 'lists' which are added to each month, and when I want to update the corresponding pivot table, I used to simply hit "shift" + "end" + "down arrow" to automatically go to the last populated cell in the list. In 2000, I either have to enter in the cell addy's manually or use the mouse...

Updating two two tables based upon the response to questions in a subform
Me again. I'm trying to populate two tables based upon the results to questions on a subform. I have a form and one subform. The subform has a variable number of questions related to the form. Each question is limited to either "Pass", "Fail", or "N/A". If the user should select "Fail" on a question, I want to add a record to a table called "tblCARs" and a record to a table called "tbl CARLineItems". However, for every subsequent "Fail" response I want (need) to only add a record to the table "tblCARLi...

State table lookup
Hi I have a form for entering Customer data. When entering a new record, I have a lookup combo box to validate the state that the user enters. The combo box displays the state code and the state name. (ie. Ca and California). The state code is the bound value and the state name is the display value. The only time I want to display the full state name is when the user is entering data into the form. I want the state code to be displayed on queries, forms, and reports. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks in advance Mark Create a table with 2 fields like this: StateID Text (say...

Sizing Data Tables on a chart
When I have a data table attached to a chart and size the chart, the data table does not size proportionately ...

Inserting New rows into IV00108 Table
I am trying to insert new rows of data into the Iv0018 table I have another table in SQL with tthe data but when i use DTS to append this data it will not let me because of a null value being inserted in the DEX_row_Id column. Is there a SQL script that will allow me to apend this data to this table since the part numbers already exisits this is another pricelevel i am adding. This is SQL 2000 and GP 9.0. Thank you Ken DEX_ROW_ID is an identity column so it will auto populate. In DTS do not map a value for DEx_Row_ID (ignore it) "kfoster@pfeinc.com" <kfosterpfeinccom@disc...

how to link a .txt ( .dat) as a table by VB
Hi from Meudon (France) I want to link a .txt file as a table in my acces db. How to by VB : code and reference(s) (Acces 2003) Thanks by anticipation ...