Schedule a Macro with Windows Task Manager

I am trying to do so, but it is not working.

My .bat file:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11
E:\IT Dept\Access\database name.mdb /x Marco Name

Is this correct?
0
lindag

hi,

On 03.03.2010 20:44, lindag wrote:
> I am trying to do so, but it is not working.
>
> My .bat file:
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11
> E:\IT Dept\Access\database name.mdb /x Marco Name
>
> Is this correct?
No, see

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209207

You need to specifiy the Access executable, e.g.:

Set ACCESS = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msaccess.exe"
Set DATABASE = "E:\IT Dept\Access\database name.mdb"
Start %ACCESS% %DATABASE% /x MarcoName

btw, you also need the quotation marks as the path to the executable and
the database file contains spaces:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds_shelloverview.mspx?mfr=true

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/3/2010 8:04:06 PM
You know the answer, and if it was yes, you would not ask  :-)

The command line is about launching MSACCESS.EXE;
The syntax is also wrong in cases of spaces in the  path name, since space
is a delimiter between arguments, and if memory serves, you need to use " ",
or, maybe, easier, to have the path and msaccess.exe and of the
databaseName.mdb file in the PATH variable;
The space in the macro name maybe a problem... as may any typo (Marco... the
Italian explorer?    :-)    )

Vanderghast, Access MVP

"lindag" <lindag@burt-law.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to do so, but it is not working.
>
> My .bat file:
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11
> E:\IT Dept\Access\database name.mdb /x Marco Name
>
> Is this correct?

0
vanderghast

Edit a group of cells with a macro
I have imported data from another program which combines numeric and alpha characters into a single cell. I need to split the numeric data into one column and the alpha characters into an adjacent column. I copied the imported column into the adjacent column, then went to first column and created a macro which deletes the first 7 characters (the numeric values). When I run the macro on other cells it takes the information from the very first cell and keeps repeating it. What am I doing wrong? Hi! Can you post a few examples of the data you want to separate? Al -- Message posted from h...

Windows update
Hi all I plan to fix the code at the link below and use it to audit and analyze windows updates on a large fleet of laptops (around 1000). http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=806 My plan is to store everything in a table but it would be nice to retain raw data each time a laptop is audited (replace if one exists). How will Excel handle that many sheets (Atom processor; 2ghz Ram; Windows 7)? -- Steve I just ran the code from your link and it ran without a hitch. It wrote six columns with 700 rows. It looks like the Description column can be omitted. ...

I want few website name for macro
Dear Friends..... i would like to study "macro " so if you know any good website fo it...please forward your feedback... Thanks irsath mohamme -- irsat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- irsath's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3597 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55764 "irsath" <irsath.2ab3mn_1151824203.8465@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:irsath.2ab3mn_1151824203.8465@excelforum-nospam.com... > i would like to study "ma...

Unable to save new events in Windows Live Mail Calendar
I have several calendars from Vista Windows Calendar that were imported into Windows Live Calendar (online). Windows Live Mail Calendar was then synched to Windows Live Calendar, and all the events showed up correctly. I can drag and drop existing events in WLMC, from one date to another, and they show up OK, both in WLMC and WLC. I can add new events in WLC, and they show up both in WLC and WLMC. But if I add a new event in WLMC, when I click Save & Close it does not show up in either calendar. (Running on Win 7). To ensure we are clear..you cannot add an event in Windows Li...

macro to find date format in a cell and delete that entire row
macro to find date format in a cell and delete that entire row i have dates in a column and date keeps changing, i want that if macro find date in a column , it deletes that entire row help me thank u so much everyone for ue hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try Sub deletedate() For Each c In Selection If IsDate(c) Then c.EntireRow.Delete Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "vikram >" <<vikram.15ix9t@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15ix9t@excelforum-nospam.com... > macro to find date format in a ...

Macro to change X-axis scale has errors
I've read and studied code from a number of posts on this subject but my "newbie" macro code has errors. I have the minimumscale value and maximumscale value (entered by the user) stored in Sheet1 at $E$2 and $F$2. My chart is in Sheet2. This is my complete macro: Sub ChangeXAxisScale() ' ' ChangeXAxisScale Macro ' With Worksheets("Sheet2") With ActiveChart.Axes(1, 1) .MinimumScale = Range("$E$2").Value .MaximumScale = Range("$F$2").Value End With End With End Sub I know I am missing s...

Opening Report Manager from anything besides localhost gives error
I've never noticed this before, but if I try to go to http:\\crmserver\ReportManager I get a 403.6 error: "Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected". However, http:\\localhost\ReportManager works when I'm on the server. My Crystal Reports SW works fine, and once I'm in Report Manager it appears to work fine. What did i do wrong? ...

Windows 98 Shutdown Problem
Hello I have an application that is running in System Tray. It is a plain win32 application with Window Proc like this (Pseudo Code) mywndproc() { switch( nMsg) { case WM_CLOSE : PostQuitMessage(0); return 0; break; case WM_COMMAND: .............. }; return DefWindowProc(hwnd, nMsg, wParam, lParam); } Now the application does not shutdown on Windows 98 and ME. I am passing all the messages to DefWindowProc and it is the only one which is returning any value in Windows Proc Function. Regards Shrishail Rana You must respone to the WM_DESTORY message, not the WM_CLOSE message ...

Multiple windows updating multiple rows simultaneously ?
I'm maintaining an application that currently allows entry of new records or updating exisiting records. What would be involved in modifiying the application to allow multiple windows to be open simultaneously. In other words, if the user is updating or creating a record in one window, he can leave that window and go update another record in another window or create a new record in another window, returning to the other windows afterwards. How complex would this be to handle? Thanks in advance for any help. Yes, I guess that's what it would amount to. "SteveM" wrote...

Run macro on selected sheets
Hi I have a workbook with 103 sheets, I want a macro to run on 100 of the sheets. Here is the macro, can anyone help me with this? Sub ReconsileStockCard() Range("D3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[4]C[-2]:R[97]C[-2])" Range("D3").Copy Range("B7").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False Application.CutCopyMode = False Range("A7:A36,B8:B36").ClearContents Range("D3").ClearContents Range("D7").ClearContents...

Macro should not Run when Excel Sheet is Protected
Some of the defined Macros should not work when a Sheet is Protected and only the specific Users should have access Hi you could check in the macro if the sheet is protected. e.g. directly from the VBA help: If Worksheets("Sheet1").ProtectContents = True Then MsgBox "The contents of Sheet1 are protected." End If -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chakradhar" <Chakradhar@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D0E7AA7C-1690-4DE5-B0BD-DF4C09413BEC@microsoft.com... > Some of the defined Macros should not work when a Sheet is ...

Modified window not activating
I have modified the Item Maintenance window using Modifier with VBA. If I open it and I have no other applications running on my workstation, everything is fine. However, if I have a word document open as well on my workstation, when I open the modified Item Maintenance window, the window will open but my active screen will revert to the Word document. I then have to click on the Microsoft Dynamics icon on the task bar to bring the application to the front. In attempting to determine the cause, I have been experimenting and have another occasion where the focus stays in Dynamics, the I...

Outlook 2003 -Windows XP- very slow
I have more than 100.000 addresses,it takes about 5000 adrs per hour. After import it is VERY VERY slow,have to wait 15 -25 seconds to get choosen address. I defragm both Hdisk and Database feature in OL2003. Why ?? William Rippen Holland 100,000 addresses!!??!! WOW! You can't know that many people, so I guess you manage a client database (or you're a spammer). In any event, first empty your deleted items folder. Then archive old messages to split your .pst file into something smaller. That should help. The truth is, while I'd normally think that would be sufficient, with...

Need help to re-install software Windows Professional
I recently re-installed the above program after having to send my computer away. I am now recieving the following message " any active activation context" when I try to download anything, such as windows player. When on the internet, I get my home page, Yahoo, but as soon as i try to enter a web address it prompts a message "Microsoft feeds synconisation". Could anyone please offer any advice as to how to rectify the problem. And this is about Windows XP Professional x64? chrissiebell1804 wrote: > I recently re-installed the above program after havin...

Reg:Trying to write a macro in excel
Hi all, There are 3 sheets in a single xl file: Sheet 1: It contains the template to be populated with the information from the other sheets It contains only selected columns from sheet 2 and sheet 3 whose values need to be populated in sheet 1. PART 1: Sheet 3: contains 3rd column as "subproject id": and has different columns containing the subproject details Aim of code: 1. extract all the subproject ids into sheet1:from sheet 3 in the defined range of cells in sheet1 under the s...

Open Office and Windows 7 64-bit Compatibility
Is Open Office compatible with Windows 7 64-bit? Are there any special installation procedures one must follow, such as "run as administrator", install as Vista or Windows XP, etc.? As a long time user of Office 2000, what's the learning curve like in transitioning to Open Office? Any additional insights would be greatly appreciated. -- Thank You, Richard Open Office runs fine on Windows 7 x64. If you are an Office power user OO id probably not for you. For most people it is an excellent competitor to Microsoft Office. As it's free to try there's...

Will Windows XP-Professional 64-bit support these MS software prod
1. Microsft Word 2000 2. Microsft Excel 2000 3. Microsft Publisher 2003 "vootsak" <vootsak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:917E90C3-687C-45FB-A08E-2B0C666C114E@microsoft.com... > 1. Microsft Word 2000 > > 2. Microsft Excel 2000 > > 3. Microsft Publisher 2003 Asked and answered in another newsgroup. If you want to answer the same question in more than one newsgroups learn how to cross-post instead of multi-posting as you have done. That way if someone answers in this newsgroup it would also appear in the other newsgro...

CRM 3.0 Conveting Campaign Tasks into Tasks
I would like to convert Campaign Tasks into Tasks. The reason for this is that only Tasks are sync'ed with Outlook. Can it be done with the workflow manager. I had a look at it but without any result. Tnx ...

Suggestion: Integration Manager & focus change.
I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this suggestion. However there seems to be great Dynamics GP discussion going on with good ISV, MSFT and customer participation. Dear MSFT, Pretty please, with sugar on top, it would be awesome if the Integration Manager did not grab windows focus when doing integrations. Specifically, SOP integration it can take upwards of 10 minutes every day for my environment. Any warning thrown during integration it changes the focus (but does not bring the window to the front) to the IM. As our SOP integration truncates item descriptions to 100 charac...

Formula / Macro Help
Hi, Can anyone help me? I have some text in cell A1 and i wish it to search in column A on other worksheets for that reference. If it then finds a match on one o the sheets i want it to tell me on sheet1 in B1 that its in worksheet 4 for example ie sheet1 A1 = Toy Car sheet4 A335 = Toy Car sheet1 B1 = Sheet4 Can this be done?? Any help appreciated Regards Crai -- BSLAUTOMATIO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BSLAUTOMATION's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=761 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

new window #2
Is it possilbe to have excel open in a new window using code? I know can change the windows in taskbar default. I want the book to open i a new instance when the .xls is clicked on from explorer? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think so. If you double click on the file in explorer, it'll start opening in however you have xl set (via that tools|options|General|ignore other applications setting). Can you just check that "ignore other applications" and walk away happy??? "pobuckley <" wrote: > > Is it possilbe to have...

Word should have a popup window so I can drop some notes...
For instance, right now I am working on a presentation and I am surfing the internet to find some information. As I was looking, I found a couple of quotes I liked and so I made a little text box for a quick reference to some good quotes I found. It would be nice if there was a little popup window to place some good information that ties itself to the docx file when saved. I could imagine people using this for jotting down some thoughts of how they want to end their essays or what have you. Just a thought. :D ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

I can't set up my account on Windows Mail
Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, gmail accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days but nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put in the right POP and all. What else can I do? Does Gmail and gmx and all not work on a mail server on the actual desktop? Please help me? asiankelsey;1224241 Wrote: > Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, > gmail > accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days > but > nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put i...

Integration Manager imports
Hi all I have a legacy data import file, which I've imported into a SQL table, that is at a detailed level. The batch for Dynamics needs to at a summarised level, this I have done as a SQL query. Which leads me to the question... As each posting type has an opposite contra amount against a different account, what is the best way to setup an Integration? Sorry for the rambling, just trying to get my head around verifying the import process. Cheers What type of integration would this be ie payables trans, receivables, GL or Bank? "Charl" wrote: > Hi all > I have a...

Task Request: Outlook 2000
My supervisor sends me task requests via email in Outlook 2000. Up until now, I have never had a problem opening these emails. Now, I am unable to open them. This message is in my preview pane: "This item contains active content that cannot be displayed in the preview pane. Open the item to read it's contents". When I try to open, here's the next message I get:"Can't open this item. Outlook cannot do this action on this type of attachment". Can anybody tell me what to do to open this email task request. I am having to open up Outlook Express to ...