runtime error '2001'

i am trying to run a piece of code that i know works to look up the
value of a query stored in a table, but when i try to run it, i get a
runtime error 2001 message. can anyone help me? the code i am using
is: If Nz(DLookup("admingroup", "group"), 0) = 2 Then DoCmd.OpenForm
"loginsuccessful" else msgbox "error". any assistance will be greatly
appreciated. michael

0
michael

You can get this error if one of the names is wrong, e.g. if the field is
actually called [admin group] with a space.

Try adding square brackets around the table name as well, i.e. [group]
Group is a reserved word in JET SQL, so it might cause problems.
For a check list of words to avoid, see:
    http://allenbrowne.com/AppIssueBadWord.html

"michael goodall" <michael.goodall@gmail.com> wrote in message
>i am trying to run a piece of code that i know works to look up the
> value of a query stored in a table, but when i try to run it, i get a
> runtime error 2001 message. can anyone help me? the code i am using
> is: If Nz(DLookup("admingroup", "group"), 0) = 2 Then DoCmd.OpenForm
> "loginsuccessful" else msgbox "error". any assistance will be greatly
> appreciated. michael

0
Allen

An unexpected error occurred during a VSS operation.
I have a W2k3 server that the replica is inconsistant and i cannot run a consistency check. It does nothing when I tell it to. On the alert page recommended actions besides rerunning consistancy is to clear the fault. When I do I get this error: An unexpected error occurred during a VSS operation. Retry the operation. ID: 207 Details: Unknown error (0x80042306) (0x80042306) the DPM Server Event says: Event Type: Error Event Source: DPM-EM Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 12/11/2009 Time: 3:00:21 PM User: N/A Computer: SLOSSDC02 Description: The replica ...

Error Message 0x800CCC78
Whenever I try to send emails from Outlook Express 2002, I receive the error message 0x800CCC78 - Unable to send the message. Please verify the email address in your account properties. I have actually changes email addresses> I have called my ISP. The y say since I am able to send emails through the web, it is not their problem. I have also tried to switch over to MS Outlook Express - same error message appears when send ing emails. Please let me know how to resolve this problem. Are you using Outlook 2002 or Outlook Express? There is no such beast as Outlook Express 2002. If y...

Event ID Error: 9785
We have used the database portability to transfer a database to another server and then moved the -configurationonly for those mailboxes to the new server. All user mailboxes are working fine but this error is coming up about every 2 minutes. We are using Exchange 2K7 SP2. MS knowledge base doesn't have any info on this error. What are the possible causes/fixes for this? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: Event History Event ID: 9785 Date: 12/9/2009 Time: 10:35:44 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCH2007B Description: An attempt to ...

Have you seen this error?
Greetings. very basic programming knowlege here. Using Win3K AD and Exchange3K SP1. I have creaged a VB6 (no, I do not have .NET), program that creates a user and an exchange mailbox. It worked fine until I upgraded my workstation exchange management tools to Exchange3K SP1. I get Run-Time Error 13. Type Mismatch on the 'SET OMAILBOX = OBJUSER' section. The code I am using is canned from Microsoft. ADSI portion. Link is below. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_cdo_imailboxstore_createmailbox.asp When I unregister the Exch3K SP1 CDO...

Web service error
When I Call the CRM webservice from an aspx page the first time I get this error System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) If I click refresh it gets me the correct data. Could this be the solution ? Anyone tried it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885274 -----------------------------...

Outlook SMTP Outgoing mail error 0x800CCC80
I use Outlook 2007 on an XP 64 OS. For my MSN account, incoming mail is POP3, outgoing is SMTP. As of a particular point in time last week, I can no longer send mail out and receive error: "- Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.' None of my setting have changed in the last 8-9 months. Do I need to change some settings now? This group is for Outlook Express. MS Outlook newsgroups: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft...

0x8004010f error starting Exchange 2003 info store
I've deployed a few Exchange 2007 servers in our org and moved some mailboxes to them. Additionally, I've moved some roles (OAB generation, RUS...) to those Exchange 2007 servers. Immediately, and without warning, our Exchange 2003 servers are no longer able to start their Information Store or MTA Stack services. When trying to start the info store, I get these two errors: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1121 Date: 4/24/2007 Time: 4:34:13 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCH7 Description: Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Act...

Errors at ActiveSync Mobile Administration Web tool.
Dear colleagues, We've met problems trying remote wipe feature at ActiveSync Mobile Administration Web tool. Namely we've received the following error after entering smtp address to lookup list of devices: Server Error in '/MobileAdmin' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Enumerator is positioned before the first item or after the last item. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it o...

File Error
After performing an append query on a list containing duplicates, I exported the new table as a new sheet into a pre-existing Excel file containing approximately nine other sheets. When I click on the file to open it, I get an error message stating File Error: Data May Be Lost. When the file opens, the first worksheet appears to be fine, but the other nine plus the new one that I exported from Access are jumbled as if the file had been corrupted. I tried the "Open and Repair" option but to no avail. Is there anything I can do to restore the data? I am an intermediate level us...

Team Resources Error
All, I have created some team resources as follows: 1. Created a team lookup table with team names ( Team AA, Team BB...) 2. Edited the "team name" field to use this lookup table. 3. In MS Project, created a generic team resource for each team, assigned it to the team and set the "team assignment pool" to "yes" for these tam resources. 4. Added members of the team to the teams. 5. Saved the ERP. 6. Created a project schedule and assigned the team resource to tasks. 7. Published the project schdule. When I have one of the team members go to "...

Unable to install office
Thanks in advance for any help. I recently purchased Office Ultimate 2007 Home and Student. Installation goes fine until half way through where the install wizard stops and the following error message appears: Error 25004 - Config.xml not specified. Valid config.xml file must be authored when deploying '(null)' The installer then rolls back the changes made. I have read several posts which mention this issue and have followed all advice to no effect. I have manually uninstalled all office products currently on my system to ensure there are no conflicts. Does ...

Excel 2003 Formula Error
Bit of a strange one this..... I have been sent a workbook which tracks staff absences, holidays etc. There is a fomula which calculates the total number of days off, holidays etc. by summing up a specific cell value from each month tab of the workbook. This works fine but if a user changes one of these cell values (from blank to 1 for example) but then decides to delete the number entered (leaving the cell blank again) the calculated "Sum" cell on the summary sheet then displays a "#Value" error. Try as I might I cannot replicate this error in Excel 2...

Error 0x80040155 interface not registered
I installed Microsoft office professional 2003 Academic Edition and have Office outlook as a default email program. I was using it without any problems, but suddenly when I try to use outlook to send email I… a) Can not send email directly from word or excel b) If I try to copy and paste a word document into a new message, or attach it, I receive an error stating “Word unspecified error” or “interface not registered error 0x80040155” and finally, I cannot send the email. I have tried finding info in this error in Microsoft office help with o success I tried to repair the office...

Run-time error 432
I'm getting a run-time error 432 when trying to open some areas of a VB program in excel. This program works on some machines and not others. We all have the same version of excel and our settings seem to be the same. Does anyone have any idea where I can start to look for the reason this is happening? Thanks Kevin After doing a search of Google, you may like to try this solution... Go to... http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/D/dao360.dll/03.60.8618.0/download.html download and install file.... Then go to RUN and type: Regsvr32C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Dao360.dll ...

Analytical Accounting Error #3
Hi, I am getting the error 'This record has been created since your attempt to create. Changes will not be saved'. This I am getting while I am trying to add additional transaction dimension. Any idea? Ramesh ...

MAPI Error in Excel 2007
Folks, Apologies, this appears to have been talked about a lot, but I've not found a resolution. Recently installed Microsoft Office 2007 SP1 Consequently, anytime I try to send a spreadsheet workbook as a mail attachment (Office Menu -> Send -> E-mail) I get the "General mail failure. Quit Microsoft Office Excel, restart the mail system, and try again." dialogue. I've been trolling the google/groups looking for a fix. The general consensus/theory appears to be that the MAPI session has been clsoed somehow. I've tried the following based on various discussion...

Microsoft publisher 2002 Error 1706
I have a error message 1706 from msi installer that says: Set up cannot find the requested files office10\1033\setup.hlp Anybody knows anything about this?Is it possible to do some registry key modification to get rid of this error message box? Thanks in advance. OFFXP: "Error 1706...", "Installation Ended Prematurely..." When You Try to Run Setup http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298021 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "ben" <benS21@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:69919abe.0307121025.3ff904...

Error Message using Personal Folders Back-up
I recently downloaded and installed the Personal Folders Back-Up program into my Outlook 2000. I have it set to back up my Personal folder to a Zip drive when I exit Outlook. When the I exit the program I keep getting the following message "Cannot copy outlook: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file." What do I need to do to get this to work properly? I would like to be able to back up my Personal folder without exporting each subfolder to the zip drive individually. I also tried backing up to other locations with the sam...

OWA Error for http links
links inside a message body always generate an asp redirect code that does not execute at all thus giving an http 500 error - page not found. Example on a link to http://www.nightlight.org within a mail body. http://orange/exchweb/bin/redir.asp? URL=http://www.nightlight.org/ Exchange Server 2003 running on Server 2000 SP4 PLease help. ...

error message: None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient
My Outlook 2003 suddenly is rejecting my outgoing messages when I send them by bouncing them back with the error message: "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient". I've checked the MS Knowledge Base, Google, and this newsgroup, but I've found nothing to help me. Does the problem have something to do with SP2? Is it some new security 'feature'? Can anyone lead me to a solution? Thanks ...

VBA Error Message "Compile Error...."
I used a macro from Ron's website to mail each worksheet to the email address in cell a1. I ran this macro and it worked perfectly for one workbook BUT... when I tried to use it for another workbook I got the follwing error message "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile Error Can't find project or library Ok Help". Help me please... do I have to check some more references in the VBA tools? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve Have you set the reference to Outlook in that other workbook also ? You must do that in every workbook or you can use Late binding. See my site for a example --...

Error 1606 Money Service Pack 2002
I have tried all of the suggested fixes that I've seen on these boards for the error 1606. I now have no money program, I can not reinstall the money program and the error still pops up in my Turbo Tax and it is driving me crazy! I can not delete the service pack from the add or remove programs applet. I would very much like to finish the taxes before the 15Th. Does someone know what is going on? I've deleted registry keys, done clean boots, tried to eliminate every vestige of the program that can be found yet, when I try to reinstall from the disk, I'm stymied by Error...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Error message #5
Excel 2000 - Try to save workbook as Excel 97 - 2000 & 5.0/95. Receive error message " An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair the feature now?" If you say YES I get an "Internal Error 2709." Does anyone know how to determine what feature the error message is referring to and how to repair the issue randy ...