Running queries via forms

is there a good tutorial out there on how to make forms that run queries and
reports? I've gotten all turned around on it all.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:53:01 -0700, Dragon <Dragon@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>is there a good tutorial out there on how to make forms that run queries and
>reports? I've gotten all turned around on it all.

Well, forms don't "run" anything. You can use a reference to a form control on
a Query, and base a Report on that query. Crystal's tutorial might be a good
place to look, this is one of the techniques she describes:

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal:
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Dragon wrote:
>is there a good tutorial out there on how to make forms that run queries and
>reports? I've gotten all turned around on it all.

Not sure what you mean... you can run queries and reports from buttons on a
form, but that's about it.

PieterLinden

Additional lookup for contacts on opportunity form
Hi, I try to customise CRM 3.0 without any training - therefore a question for which I need some help. On the opportunity form exists a look-up (potentional customer) for contacts/accounts. I'd like to add an aditional one to the form (to replace the decision maker). I tryed to create a new field on the opportunity entity but there's no field-type "look-up". It's also not possible to create a new relationship to the contact entity (both system entity's). Does anybody of you know how I can do this? (if yes - please explain it more detailed...). Thanks Joerg Look...

Forms 07-27-07
Hi, A VB Code is used that has the following line: Me.Visible = False (Me refers to the forms names frmBirthsearch) After this line a second form (form2) is opned based on a query that reads two dates from the frmBirthsearch using the line code: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmBirthdates", acViewNormal at this point frmbearthsearh is hidden. What command shold I add after this in order to close the frmbirthsearch? ...

RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange 2003
I have been configuring my single server with exchange to use RPC over https I have followed the instructions in MS guide and another simplified guide at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Server spec is: Server 2003 standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, XP client SP2 with outlook 2003 sp2 The bottom line is that when testing from the WAN, the outlook client will not connect and say that the exchange server is unavailable. I have a lot of experience configuring rpc over http/s with sbs2003 but this is the first time for server 2003 standard. I have outlook ...

Outlook Inbox running tally of e-mails in it
HELP ! This should be simple for someone but not me. I used to have a number on the left side of my screen when in my in-box that would tell me the total number of e- mails in my inbox (normally around 200-300). This was not JUST the new ones which are reflected on the folders line. It was at the bottom of the page and would change immediately if I deleted or added one. I lost the number and want it back. How do I do that? Thanks for any help anyone can give ! Cindy view - status bar "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bb901c3deda$1...

Summing in A Query
Hello, I have a database which fuel records are stored in. The data is stored in two tables. The first records the daily logs that operators use each time they fuel up. It stores their name, the key they used (keylock fuel system - it's ancient) the unit number of the equipment using the fuel, and the amount of fuel they took. The second table stores the month end information retrieved from the key lock print out. It keeps a running total of the amount of fuel taken with each key, and the operator using that key. We have problems making sure all of the fuel is accounted for each mon...

Query fields
Is it possible to write a criteria where the value of an empty field is "0.00"? Background: I have three queries with different customer account groups. Not every salesperson has customer accounts in every accountgroup - so, he will not shown up in that query. But he has accounts included in another query. Now, I would like to get a sum of commission earned by each salesman calculated from all three queries together. Since the salesman has no record in one query the total sum of that specific salesman is not shown. Any idea how to solve that problem? Thanks Klaus On Wed, 29 A...

Finding all queries which use a table

Query to hide duplicate records
I recall that this used to easy in previous versions (Unique values only ??), but in 2007, I can't get this to work at all. I have a table with our companie's job numbers in it. The job numbers show up multiple times because of different phases of the project: ProjNum ProjDescription 3077 Univ. of Vermont/UC/LEED 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Building Fee 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Excess Professiona... I need to jut have a single listing of each project number, otherwise, I get repeated records in the query that looks at this information (which ...

Simple Access counting queries

Function doesn't run
In my spreadsheet, I have the following function =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the cell. How do I fix this problem? Format the cell as General and re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Justin" <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote in message news:1165596899.059148.31580@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... | In my spreadsheet, I have the following function | =VLookup(K16, zips, 2) | However, instead of returning a result, the function remains in the | cell. How do I fix th...

File share cannot be reached on Windows 2008 SBS via VPN
I have a problem with VPN connection to one server (Windows 2008 SBS). I can ping the server through VPN but I cannot reach file share from the server and RDP also not working. BUT I can see other shares and RDP on an other computers in the same LAN (single subnet). That specific server is connected with only one network adapter to the network. This server is the DC, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Exchange with the IP address: 192.168.17.2. The default GW is the router (to internet) : 192.168.17.1. Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 VPN is using the local DHCP. The firewall is switched off. What can...

Problem with vba code to export query result in excel
Hi, I have a access report that exports to excel with click of a button after choosing parameters. This works well. However I have to modify couple of fields to utilize formula in the export module. I am not sure how to do this. I am writing the above code which seems to cause problem. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks. Code: If lngColumn = 12 Then xlc.Offset(0, lngColumn).Value = =([UnitPrice]*[OriginalShippedQty])/1000 End If It seems the fields UnitPrice and OrigianalShippedQty are not being recognized here Jack wrote: >Hi, >I have a acces...

Send Url via workflow
Hello, the problem am facing is that I want to be able to send an URL via a workflow to be opened by a web browser. Can you please help me? example: i want the workflow, as soon as the appointment finishes, to open a URL (http://www.google.com) On Aug 6, 6:58=A0pm, Ali BARADA <a.bar...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > the problem am facing is that I want to be able to send an URL via a > workflow to be opened by a web browser. Can you please help me? > > example: i want the workflow, as soon as the appointment finishes, to > open a URL (http://www.google.com) Given workf...

forms and column lengths
Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the row above?? Hi there's n o bulit-in feature for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Blair" <Blair@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C1D2CAAD-C4E9-492A-ADF4-CBDB659514A3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row > when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the > row > above?? ...

Error while backup SystemState via DPM 2010
Hi.. we backup the SystemState of our Server via DPM 2010. Since we're upgrade from DPM 2007 RTM to DPM 2010RC (now we use DPM 2010 RTM) on the Server DPM is hosted a eventlog error occured every day after the backup is finished: Source: FilterManager, Event ID: 3 "Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume....'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xc03a001c." Server Version: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 any ideas? Alex ...

Enable/Disable a Form Control Based on Security Group Permissions
How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user’s security group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a form (call it box1), I want box1 to be enabled if the user who opened Access is a member of a security group called “Breaker Test Admin.” For members of any other group (except of course “Admins”), box1 should be disabled. Thank you, for your help! On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:57:13 GMT, "BenS" <u35527@uwe> wrote: >How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user�s security >group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a ...

Trying to Create a pop-up form
Due to size limitations on my main form, I am trying to create a form that, when I select a button, it pops up like a dialog box with the main form, Frm_Escheat, in the background I've created a qry which is the record source on my pop-up form. In the criteria of the query is: [Forms]![Frm_Escheat]![statecode] where [statecode] is the field from the Master Form. So, my "pop-up" form is activated when I select the button, but my problem is that it just goes to the pop-up form without the main form showing in the background. Thanks for your help. It would probably hel...

Difficult query
Hi, I have a table called WT,contains the fields "Type of call","DateW" and "ID", this table is used to by users to add rows that determine type of calls received in a call center,I want to create a query with the following criteria: 1- To view number of calls received in each type per day. 2- To show the field "Type of call" in this query,even the type that wa not used,and to view number 0 in the count field. 3-Prcentage of each type of call . On Dec 11, 3:52 pm, Pietro <Pie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have a tabl...

Report Query in RMS
Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports in RMS are composed. When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there basic structure. Are the any examples of how these reports are composed. The //--- Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the //--- Title Rows ---//. Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand. I have the schema for 1.2. How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn. I wish I was in college again and had all the time in the world. //--- Repo...

Auto Fill a Textbox in Form
What is the simplest way to auto fill a textbox (in a form) with the maximum values of more than one field in the last record entered, in the same table? Can the =DMax function be used for this? I have tried =DMax(“[field_1]”, “[field_2]”, “[field_3]” , “table_1”)+1, but this doesn’t work. Is something like this possible with two or more feilds with DMax? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com See MinOfList() and MaxOfList() here: http://allenbrowne.com/func-09.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allen...

user forms #5
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 -- Runner77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Runner77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500502 ...