Run series of query -- I don't want any pop-up

I have generated 4 queries (1. empty all, 2. import data, 3. generate
information, 4. Make a new table)

I've created a button to run these 4 quries sequencially.
Problem:

MS ACCESS pops up "confirmation dialog" to ask me whether to delete/modify
the table.

Question:

I don't want any question to be asked. I just want those queries to be
executed once i press my button.

Is there any way to disable those confirmation pop-ups ?

--
Allen P. Wongakanit

You can run some code like:

DoCmd.SetWarnings False
' your action queries
DoCmd.SetWarnings True

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"ali" wrote:

> I have generated 4 queries (1. empty all, 2. import data, 3. generate
> information, 4. Make a new table)
>
> I've created a button to run these 4 quries sequencially.
> Problem:
>
> MS ACCESS pops up "confirmation dialog" to ask me whether to delete/modify
> the table.

> Question:
>

> I don't want any question to be asked. I just want those queries to be
> executed once i press my button.

> Is there any way to disable those confirmation pop-ups ?
>

> --
> Allen P. Wongakanit
Works perfectly !! thanks a lot Duane !
--
Allen Phailat Wongakanit

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> You can run some code like:
>
> DoCmd.SetWarnings False
> ' your action queries
> DoCmd.SetWarnings True
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "ali" wrote:
>
> > I have generated 4 queries (1. empty all, 2. import data, 3. generate
> > information, 4. Make a new table)
> >
> > I've created a button to run these 4 quries sequencially.
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Problem:
> >
> > MS ACCESS pops up "confirmation dialog" to ask me whether to delete/modify
> > the table.
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Question:
> >

> > I don't want any question to be asked. I just want those queries to be
> > executed once i press my button.
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Is there any way to disable those confirmation pop-ups ?
> >

> > --
> > Allen P. Wongakanit

Creating a parameter in a Union Query
I have, with the help of this newsgroup, created a union query. However I now need to add a parameter to have it only show me the data for a specific period of time. I have pasted the union query sql below. SELECT "Type 1" AS [Catagory], COUNT(*) AS [Number of Patients] FROM [Diabetes] WHERE Diabetes_Type = "Type 1" GROUP BY "Type 1" UNION ALL SELECT "Type 2", COUNT(*) FROM [Diabetes] WHERE Diabetes_Type = "Type 2" GROUP BY "Type 2" UNION ALL SELECT "Gestational 1-18 years", COUNT(*) FROM [Diabetes] ...

running total 03-15-08
i need to have a running total in a query. example date item qty needed onhand available 03/18/08 1 500 2000 1500 03/19/08 1 1500 2000 0 3/20/08 1 250 2000 -250 so the available column changes based on the available of the prior line. i want this to continue until the item changes. is this possible. thanks Use a subquery to get the sum of the previous values for the same item. You will want type an expression like this into the Field row of your qu...

Dynamics Currency Problem
Hi, Bit of a strange problem with Dynamics. We have Dynamics set to run on two Citrix servers. One for our UK users, and one for our US users. All of a sudden the smart list exports for our US users are appearing in Pound Sterling as apposed to Dollars. I assume that the currency is taken from the regional settings, is this correct? If so, then is it the local settings of the users PC or is it the profile regional settings on the citrix server? I hope someone can shed some light on this as i am lost as to why this has happened to all US users all of a sudden? Many thanks in advance ...

Remove Legend Series
Anyone know how to remove entries from a legend. For example, I have 4 series listed in the legend but only want to show 2 of them. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Greg Greg, Sorry I took a while to respond. I answered your question as a followup to your original post below. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "GregBausman" wrote: > Anyone know how to remove entries from a legend. For example, I have 4 series > listed in the legend but only want to show 2 of them. Thanks for any > assistance you can provide. > Greg ...

Query Related to Dialog Box having CListCtrl on it.
Hello All, I have a dialog based application having a CListCtrl on it. I have also implemented OnCustonDraw to color few items in that list control. I also have a button on the dialog box which when clicked opens a new dialog (for adding data to CListCtrl on main dialog box). When I move this 2nd dialog box the (the newly opened dialog for adding new item to a list) the background (or parent dialog to be precise) dialog gets messed up....! :( i mean it doesn't repaints the invalidated region.... :(( What am I suppose to do ???? please reply asap as its very urgent.....! Thanks in adva...

Easy, ideally free way to remove all duplicates from many outlook folders wanted
I`ve got about 1.5 gig of emails archived, some of which have been duplicated due to download errors, problems with servers etc. I`m looking for a way to fairly easily remove all the duplicates (which are scattered between many different folders) while still keeping the folder structure as it is. Is there a nice easy way to do this, ideally free? Thanks for your help! -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm One month FREE spam and fraud protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/safetybarsig/?rc=kmj4hl Versi...

Query for Monthly Report
I'm using SSRS to write reports, and am very new to SQL queries. I have a report that shows totals for each day in the month to-date, for two data elements. It needs to run daily via an automatic snapshot, and be distributed via e-mail subscription. As such, the time frame cannot be a user input item. The data is always a day behind, so on the first day of the month, it needs to report the previous month, not the current month. The field I need to key on is called DateTime. My current query for the month of April 2010 is: SELECT DateTime, Sum(PatientDays) AS '...

How to Pass Filter from Query to Report?
Hello, I would appreciate any help with this problem that's been driving me nuts. I have a query of inventory items with only a subset of fields from the complete inventory datasheet. I have designed a report that will take the items from the query and print tags. Sometimes, I would like to print only a few tags. I apply a filter to one of the columns in the query datasheet, but this filter has no effect on the report. What can I do so that when I apply a filter to the query, it will also be reflected in the report? I was thinking of putting a formula of some kind in the filter pro...

Charting Multiple Series Data with Dates?
Hello I am plotting 5 data series on the same line chart. Dates are plotted on the x axis and concentrations of chloride on the y axis. The dates are formatted like "5/12/2003" as "general" data in the "alignment" menu of "format". The trick is, each data set does not have the exact same date range. For example, one sampling site may have 10 data points that range from 4/2/1991 to 5/12/2003 where as another sampling site may have 12 data points ranging from 4/30/1991 to 5/1/2003. That is to say that the sampling dates for each sampling site are not ...

Running a select from the immediate window
I want to create and test my queries in the immediate window before adding them to my subs. In the immediate window i was able to create a table. DoCmd.RunSQL "create table test ([ff1] text (5));" I appended records using the same syntax DoCmd.RunSQL "..." Now i want to query out all the records. DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT * from test;" Does not work. What is the correct syntax to run a select in the immediate window? thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can't. DoCmd.RunSQL only works with action queries: Ins...

Linked Table
Hi, I have a Access 2003 mdb that I have used for years that has worked OK. Recently one of my queries malfunctioned to an external Progress db's linked table. Specifically, the query's table list is missing many of the fields in the table though when I inspect the linked table in the Tables Objects Section I see all the fields. How can I fix my query? TIA, Dan Why post the same question in different newsgroups? (already answered in the other newsgroups you posted in). If your situation is one of the (few) unusual circumstances in which it is necessary/appropriat...

Update query question 04-26-10
Hello, I would like to update a record by looking at the value from a form combo box column(1). I have tried Forms![Lab Works Manager]![cmbTo].column(1) but it does not work. The bond column(0) has the ID, but in this case I need to use the actual value from column(1) and not column(0). Any idea how? Thank you, Silvio Add a hidden control to your form and set its value to =Forms![Lab Works Manager]![cmbTo].column(1) Then you can reference that hidden control in the query. Your other option is to write a VBA function and pass in the name of the form, the name of the co...

the date value of series is incorrectly displayed
I'm drawing a 3d graph with 2 series of data. The graph is displayed as 2 separate rows of bars behind each other. In Excel 2007 the type is Colum in the first row to the far right. 1. series is a units of work. y -axis displayed in units of Thousands 2. series is a date when the units were done. x -axis. If I hover over the the date bar in the 2nd bar row I can see all the right values including the right date. the table is: 10000 1.11.2009 10000 3.11.2009 50000 10.11.2009 (in fact todate() function All the dates are displayed as 9.02.1900 if I try to dis...

Select Statement in query to append to a table
Hello, I have a table with the following Master Stock Code Header ID and I want to append this information to a table, kind of ike a cross tab query but I want the value of the header ID to be in the column not as a column name. I have a max of 12 header id's, so I have 12 column names in the table i want to append to (ie. Hdr1, Hdr2 etc) There could be more than one Header ID per stock code. WHat is the proper syntax for the select statement in my query so I don't get duplicate rows per stock code. ...

Challenge with Time Formatting
Hi! Column A displays like this: 11:48:52. Column B displays AM. When I try to get column A to display with am or pm it converts the time to 12:00:00. I am not sure where the data is coming from, but it is being imported with this data as two seperate fields. Any suggestions?? Thanks! Hi normally a format like hh:mm:ss am should work -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Val B. wrote: > Hi! Column A displays like this: 11:48:52. Column B > displays AM. When I try to get column A to display with > am or pm it converts the time to 12:00:00. I am not sure > wher...

formatting series
hi am lost here i want to format my pie chart data series but i can't seem to get it how is it done on excel 2003 Try right-clicking* on the pie chart > Format data series *point your cursor anywhere inside the pie Then tinker with the settings say in, the Data Labels tab -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:20,500 Files:363 Subscribers:64 xdemechanik --- "Amin" wrote: > hi am lost here i want to format my pie chart data series but i can't seem to > get it how is it done on excel 2003 ...

Run-time Error 7
Hi: Every time that I open Microsoft Excel 2002 (opening a blank spreadsheet), I get a Visual Basic dialog box that says "Run-Time Error 7". It does not seem to be a problem, really. I just press the "End" button in this VBA dialogue box and Excel opens just fine. It's more of a nuisance than a problem. Does anyone know how to get rid of this box so that it doesn't pop-up? Thanks! childofthe1980s Hi There's a poorly written addin residing either in Excel's startup folder (see Tools > Options for location) or installed (See Tools > Addin for...

LDAP Query needed
I need an ldap query to find all users with an exchange mailbox where the users alias does not equal the nickname of the smtp email address(s). Thanks! "MrRAlan" <MrRAlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need an ldap query to find all users with an exchange mailbox where the >users alias does not equal the nickname of the smtp email address(s). Thanks! I don't believe LDAP supports what you want to do. You'll have to write a small program (vbs or perl) that creates a mail address and then queries the AD for a match. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange ...

Do you want to replace the contents of
When my macro runs, it stops after this procdure and asks "Do you want to replace the contents ofthe destination cells" is there something I can add that will automatically tell it yes? Here is the part of the macro that it stops on. Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _ TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _ Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _ :="/", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1)) Thanks H...

Printing calendar in Weekly Style, want subject to word wrap.
I'm printing my calendar in weekly style, and if the subject is long enough to reach the end of the box, it just cuts off. How do I set it to wrap instead? "Rypick" <Rypick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFC41584-C3D8-4666-B17A-07931596AD90@microsoft.com... > I'm printing my calendar in weekly style, and if the subject is long enough > to reach the end of the box, it just cuts off. How do I set it to wrap > instead? Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Rypick, this is a common complaint. Two options are: 1)...

Want chart to display total of values
Hello, I have 7 worksheets of credit card charges that I want to graph by date. My data is in two columns in each sheet: Date Balance 1/1/1998 $432.11 etc. What I want is to have the total debt of all the cards charted along with the debt of each card individually. The problem is that the dates of the transactions varies widely. I've tried to setup a pivottable and pivotchart to display this, but I am not familiar enough with them to make it work right. Help! I want to track how well I'm paying off my debt! :) Thanks in advance, -John ...

financial series table gl10001
The distribution accounts on several receiving transactions has been lost on its way to post to the general ledger. When you do a Purchase Order inquiry on the receipt number, the distributions show up but not at the gl transactions side. I'm trying to track down the gl distribution lines in sql but cannot figure out which table they are stored in. I think it's gl10001 but I don't know for sure because I'm looking for something that probably isn't there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ameen Ameen, If they are not in GL, your queries will return no re...

Still confused about queries to similate vlookup
Normally I would just dump this into excel, but the file that I am dealing with has over 1.5 million rows so excel can't stomach it. Here is what I have done. I have one table (MAIN) that is my main table. It contains all the raw data. I need to convert a city code to a city name. I have another table (CITY) with the conversions from city code to city name. Both tables contain all the city codes. All I want to do is put the city names into my MAIN table next to their corresponding city code (there are about 4000 different cities). I have related the tables relating th...

Please Help! How to enable cell overwrite AFTER the query is created
How do I check and/or change to overwrite the target cell? I've already created the query and I can't find where to edit the overwrite option (Excel 2002) Select a cell in the external data range. Choose Data>Import External Data> Data Range Properties Change the setting for 'If the number of rows in the data range changes' Click OK Kipp wrote: > How do I check and/or change to overwrite the target cell? I've already created the query and I can't find where to edit the overwrite option (Excel 2002) -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://...

Fire Code after Preceding Events Run
I'm trying to add some functionality to a workbook that is updated through an export process from a web application. Although I cannot access the code behind the export process, at a bare minimum, I believe the process asks the user to select a workbook to update, then opens the workbook, loads VBA which in turn refreshes data, and then formats as needed. I'd like to activate a specific worksheet (that I've added) within the workbook once the export process completes. In attempt to do so, I've added a Before Workbook_Open event (listed below) to the ThisWorkbook ...