Retrieve date from different tables

I want to retrieve data from different tables in a single query based on a
input given by user.

Example. Product A sold for different price in different markets at
different dates.

Tables - Market 1, Market 2, Market 3
Fields - Product Name, Date, Price

I want to retrieve the price in all markets in a single query. Condition -
The latest price, based on the date, given by the user in the input box.

note: Dates will not be the same in all markets.

It is not possible to have all markets in one table, as the fields may
differ in my actual database. It is only a example.

thanks
maran

Hi Maran,
I can see the names of your tables from your post. Would you post back with
the following:
For each table say its Primary Key and Foreign Key (for all tables with
foreign keys)
Explain the relationships between the tables - the one-to-many or the
many-to-many bits.
The above will help us to help you with this query.
Jeanette Cunningham

"Maran" <Maran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to retrieve data from different tables in a single query based on a
> input given by user.
>
> Example. Product A sold for different price in different markets at
> different dates.
>
> Tables - Market 1, Market 2, Market 3
> Fields - Product Name, Date, Price
>
> I want to retrieve the price in all markets in a single query. Condition -
> The latest price, based on the date, given by the user in the input box.
>
> note: Dates will not be the same in all markets.
>
> It is not possible to have all markets in one table, as the fields may
> differ in my actual database. It is only a example.
>
> thanks
> maran

0
Jeanette
1/8/2008 10:17:13 AM
The only way I see to handle this would be to have multiple queries that you
then combine into one using a UNION query.

To get the latest Date for each product in each of the tables - you would
need a query like

Parameters [Enter Cutoff Date] DateTime;
SELECT "Market1" as TheSource, [Product Name], Market1.Date, Market1.Price
FROM Market1
WHERE Market1.Date =
    (SELECT Max([Tmp.Date]
     FROM Market1 as Tmp
     WHERE Tmp.[Product Name] = Market1.[Product Name]
     AND Tmp.[Date] <= [Enter Cutoff Date])
UNION ALL
SELECT "Market2" as TheSource, [Product Name], Market1.Date, Market1.Price
FROM Market2
WHERE Market2.Date =
    (SELECT Max([Tmp.Date]
     FROM Market2 as Tmp
     WHERE Tmp.[Product Name] = Market2.[Product Name]
     AND Tmp.[Date] <= [Enter Cutoff Date])
UNION ALL
SELECT "Market3" as TheSource, [Product Name], Market3.Date, Market1.Price
FROM Market3
WHERE Market3.Date =
    (SELECT Max([Tmp.Date]
     FROM Market3 as Tmp
     WHERE Tmp.[Product Name] = Market3.[Product Name]
     AND Tmp.[Date] <= [Enter Cutoff Date])

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"Maran" <Maran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to retrieve data from different tables in a single query based on a
> input given by user.
>
> Example. Product A sold for different price in different markets at
> different dates.
>
> Tables - Market 1, Market 2, Market 3
> Fields - Product Name, Date, Price
>
> I want to retrieve the price in all markets in a single query. Condition -
> The latest price, based on the date, given by the user in the input box.
>
> note: Dates will not be the same in all markets.
>
> It is not possible to have all markets in one table, as the fields may
> differ in my actual database. It is only a example.
>
> thanks
> maran

0
John

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

1 Chart

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Percentage difference calc that knows the largest figure
I have a calculation in cell A3 which looks at the content of Cell A1 and Cell A2 and then works out the difference between both as a percentage For instance Cell A1 = 100 Cell A2 = 10 Cell A3 returns the difference as being 90% My simple calculation in Cell A3 is as follows =(A1-A2)/A1 Cell A3 is formatted to give the answer as a percentage to 2 decimal places The above works fine as long as the number in Cell A1 is greater than the number in Cell A2 If the number in A2 is greater than the number in A1 then my calculated answer is incorrect For instance Cell A1 = 10...

Update one table from another

Finding all queries which use a table

Too many different cell formats #6

Retrieving Current User Information from JScript (OnChange)
I am adding functionality to one of my client's OnChange scripts to append the Current User Name into a memo field with date and action information. I scoured the web but can not find a way to properly retrieve the Current User information. Any information would be incredibly appreciated. ...

date/time formatting

FP: Couldnt close table
We have been receiving this error on two separate PCs after a recent upgrade to 7.5. Our version is 7.50g43 (service pack 5). At first we thought it was isolated to one PC now a second PC is having the same error. On the first PC, I ran new network cable, installed a different network card with no help. This PC is Win98, 64MB RAM, 600Mhz. The second PC has 128MB RAM also Win98. I don't believe switching to XP is an option right now. This message has appeared in the payables module on both machines. But it has also appeared in receivables as well. Not in GL or Payroll. I...

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

Need to retrieve a deleted Excel File
On Saturday I hide an excel sheet and then protected the workbook. When I got into work today to open the file it was non-existent. What do I have to do to retrieve the file? Does it make a difference if the file extension ended with .csv? Thanks in advance! Search in Windows to make sure it's still on your compute -or go to the folder the file is in and look to make sure it's still ther -or If you didn't do this, you might need to to text, which includes *.cs Excel is not set to open this type of file by defaul tj Did you (try to) open the file with Excel. If so : did ...

Pivot Table in Excel
hi, I have a problem using the pivot Table in excel 2000. Earlier the location of the pivot table in excel was pointing to say c:\sales.mdb. Now the location has changed to D:\Sales.mdb. someone please tell me the place to change in the excel to reflect the same. So that upon refreshing the document i can see the latest data. Currently i am getting a error message when i try to refresh, but its not prompting to change to alternative location. If i edit the excel file in a notepad...i can see the location pointing to c:\sales.mdb. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this..expect...