Query works-Export fails "...you and another user are attempting to change the same data..."

Can't figure this out.

I am the only user in the database. The file (RealProperty) can be
queried using a select query that includes just the fields in the
table. I get the above error, however, if I try to export the
resulting table/query in any of the following fashions:

mdb (in a new db designed to store this one table)
..xls (get the same error)
..csv (get the same error)

If it simply try to copy the results, I get the same error.

I have checked: there are no dependencies that are missing; there was
an export errors table, but the three records that had data issues
have been fixed.

The table is a linked table, but the data in the original table
exhibits the same issues, with the execption that the error I receive
when I try to export the table as a comma-delimited, first row
contains field names, quoted strings, saved as ETACRealProperty.txt
file to the same folder gives me an error:

"The MS Jet Database engine could not find the object ''. ..."

I have looked at other posts in this forum and the message always
displays an object name in the quotes. In this case, it doesn't--so
where do I look--or what is this pointing to...

Save me before the few grey hairs I have come out...

Thanks,

0
jeff

Try:

1.  Compact & Repair the database.

2.  Try doing the same thing on another Access installation and see if you
get the same error.

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

<jeff@excedere.com> wrote in message
> Can't figure this out.
>
> I am the only user in the database. The file (RealProperty) can be
> queried using a select query that includes just the fields in the
> table. I get the above error, however, if I try to export the
> resulting table/query in any of the following fashions:
>
> mdb (in a new db designed to store this one table)
> .xls (get the same error)
> .csv (get the same error)
>
> If it simply try to copy the results, I get the same error.
>
> I have checked: there are no dependencies that are missing; there was
> an export errors table, but the three records that had data issues
> have been fixed.
>
> The table is a linked table, but the data in the original table
> exhibits the same issues, with the execption that the error I receive
> when I try to export the table as a comma-delimited, first row
> contains field names, quoted strings, saved as ETACRealProperty.txt
> file to the same folder gives me an error:
>
> "The MS Jet Database engine could not find the object ''. ..."
>
> I have looked at other posts in this forum and the message always
> displays an object name in the quotes. In this case, it doesn't--so
> where do I look--or what is this pointing to...
>
> Save me before the few grey hairs I have come out...
>
> Thanks,

0
Van
10/9/2007 1:21:16 AM
On Oct 8, 9:21 pm, "Van T. Dinh"
<VanThien.D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Try:
>
> 1.  Compact & Repair the database.
>
> 2.  Try doing the same thing on another Access installation and see if you
> get the same error.
>
> --
> HTH
> Van T. Dinh
> MVP (Access)
>
> <j...@excedere.com> wrote in message

> > Can't figure this out.
>
> > I am the only user in the database. The file (RealProperty) can be
> > queried using a select query that includes just the fields in the
> > table. I get the above error, however, if I try to export the
> > resulting table/query in any of the following fashions:
>
> > mdb (in a new db designed to store this one table)
> > .xls (get the same error)
> > .csv (get the same error)
>
> > If it simply try to copy the results, I get the same error.
>
> > I have checked: there are no dependencies that are missing; there was
> > an export errors table, but the three records that had data issues
> > have been fixed.
>
> > The table is a linked table, but the data in the original table
> > exhibits the same issues, with the execption that the error I receive
> > when I try to export the table as a comma-delimited, first row
> > contains field names, quoted strings, saved as ETACRealProperty.txt
> > file to the same folder gives me an error:
>
> > "The MS Jet Database engine could not find the object ''. ..."
>
> > I have looked at other posts in this forum and the message always
> > displays an object name in the quotes. In this case, it doesn't--so
> > where do I look--or what is this pointing to...
>
> > Save me before the few grey hairs I have come out...
>
> > Thanks,- Hide quoted text -

I tried Compact and Repair - same issue. Unfortunately, I was unable
to copy the db to another workstation (from the server) to test it.
The error was in Windows Exploere and simply statned that it was
"unable to copy"--any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

0
jeff
10/9/2007 4:39:27 AM
Do you see a file with the same name plus extension LDB in the same
directory?

If you do, delete this LDB file and try again.
--

> I tried Compact and Repair - same issue. Unfortunately, I was unable
> to copy the db to another workstation (from the server) to test it.
> The error was in Windows Exploere and simply statned that it was
> "unable to copy"--any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

0
Van
10/9/2007 5:02:18 AM
On Oct 9, 1:02 am, "Van T. Dinh"
<VanThien.D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Do you see a file with the same name plus extension LDB in the same
> directory?
>
> If you do, delete this LDB file and try again.
> --
> HTH
> Van T. Dinh
> MVP (Access)
>
> <j...@excedere.com> wrote in message

> > I tried Compact and Repair - same issue. Unfortunately, I was unable
> > to copy the db to another workstation (from the server) to test it.
> > The error was in Windows Exploere and simply statned that it was
> > "unable to copy"--any ideas?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff- Hide quoted text -

File isn't there...

Jeff

0
jeff
10/9/2007 5:30:30 AM
It doesn't sound too good that you can't even copy the file: it means that
even the Windows Explorer thinks something wrong with the file.

1.  Try posting in a Windows newsgroup and see if you can copy the file.  It
may be bad sectors on your hard-disk.

2.  Do you perform hard-disk clean-up and defrag regularly?

3.  Do you have a good recent back-up?  It is likely that you will have to
resort to the back-up ...

--

> File isn't there...
>
> Jeff