query to make a list of products based on delivery history

I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product.  From this
table, I'd like to make a list of all products.  My problem is the products
will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just
want a list showing all the individual products that we offer.
--
TIA

Try something like:

SELECT DISTINCT [our product]
FROM [which list all deliveries made];

If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"tsison7" wrote:

> I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product.  From this
> table, I'd like to make a list of all products.  My problem is the products
> will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just
> want a list showing all the individual products that we offer.
> --
> TIA
Duane,

I tried that but that only generates a single column list showing the one
field.  How can I add additional fields for each of the unique records....for
instance (product description, price)
--
TIA

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Try something like:
>
> SELECT DISTINCT [our product]
> FROM [which list all deliveries made];
>
> If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "tsison7" wrote:
>
> > I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product.  From this
> > table, I'd like to make a list of all products.  My problem is the products
> > will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just
> > want a list showing all the individual products that we offer.
> > --
> > TIA
Duane,

Nevermind, I used the following to solve my problem:

SELECT [our product], last(description), last(customer)
FROM [which list all deliveries made]
GROUP BY [our product]

--
TIA

"tsison7" wrote:

> Duane,
>
> I tried that but that only generates a single column list showing the one
> field.  How can I add additional fields for each of the unique records....for
> instance (product description, price)
> --
> TIA
>

> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Try something like:
> >
> > SELECT DISTINCT [our product]
> > FROM [which list all deliveries made];
> >
> > If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names.
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
> >

> > "tsison7" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product.  From this
> > > table, I'd like to make a list of all products.  My problem is the products
> > > will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just
> > > want a list showing all the individual products that we offer.
> > > --
> > > TIA

How to create a looking based on 3 fields
Hi, Can someone point me in the right direction with what I want to do: I know how to use data validation to create drop downs which is phase 1. How do I cause a result to occur based on what was chosen e.g. Col A = (user chooses ABC) Col B = 80 (because ABC was choosen) Sheet 2 will have the 'list' to choose from, so it's got all the values in a Column for the user to choose from. E.g. Col A = ABC Col B = $90 Let me know if I haven't explained what I want to archive correctly. It sounds like you can use =vlookup() or =index(match()) to retrieve the assocated value. ...

List users with OWA 5.5 enabled
Hello, is it possible to get a list of the users that have OWA 5.5 enabled? Does anybody know how? Thanks in advance With the help of Directory Export. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Iv´┐Żn Sainz wrote: > Hello, > is it possible to get a list of the users that have OWA 5.5 enabled? > Does anybody know how? > > Thanks in advance ...

email report based on unique ID
I need to email reports based on the unique ID in the page header of the report. I have written some code in VB and it's emailing the report but it's emailing the entire report instead of just the one page unique to the employee, it's also prompting me to enter the unique ID for each employee. I just need it to cycle through the query and email the appropriate page to the correct employee. Below is the code I'm using. "Pernr" is the unique ID and the report name is "rptSI". Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks! Private Sub cmdRunRep...

Can I make "Row 1" "Always on Top?"
That would be incredibly convenient when scrolling down a (500 row) spreadsheet that I've put together. The only alternative seems to be copying Row 1 and pasting it in every thirty rows or so, which (frankly) sucks. I ask because I'm doing reasearch and have put together a long list of busninesses to call and a set of questions for all of them. Excel seems to be the best tool I have for sorting the data. Sorry if this question is really basic, I just learned how to do math with Excel last week! I've looked through the properties, help files, searched these forums and the web ...

Adding LDAP entries to the Global Address List
I have two exchange 2003 sp1 servers in a a front end and back end configuration running on windows 2003 sp?. I'm running window 2003 ADS. My organization exist in a bigger network environment that uses LDAP server for directory services. My questions, is there a way that I can include the LDAP server information along with the Global Address List. Sort of like configuring a mail clients to pull information from an LDAP server. Is this even possible? "thutchin" <thutchin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have two exchange 2003 sp1 servers in a a front end...

Newbie: Building a data output based on the XSD
Hi I'm new to the XML arena and I have built an XSD (from within Biztalk) and I need to build an XML document with the relevant data conforming to the XSD. Unfortunately I can't use Biztalk as it uses a fixed delimited count. (for example a repeating section contains 10 delimiters, each record represents 2 delimeters therfore that secion incorporates a repeat of 5 rows, unfortunatley the delimiters are of all the same type) I have tried loading the xsd into a project and generated a dataset, but i'm having trouble populating it at complex level. Is this the best way to go...

What's going on here? Listings have gone all wonky.
Started with Irfan view. When I went to view something, the file lists were weird, random. Ok, I've recently done a lot of date searching and that may have left things wonky. So, I closed eveything. opened Windows Explorer, selected Name, and then using options asked everything be like that, rebooted. yet...still not listed right, worse, now Windows Explorer is starting to come up with listings random. What causes this? I finally went to Windows Explorer, selected Name, and close the application with ctrl key held down. Then rebooted. Now eveything is back to the expec...

Add Sender To Blocked Senders List
I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To Blocked Senders List" so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is ignored and I keep getting the same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work? Patrick I don't use WLM but I have some advice for you. Stop using your real email address when you post to a newsgroup and you will reduce the number of spam emails you receive....Maybe. I say "Maybe" because it might be too late due to your address already being on numerous spam lists...

Picking Information from a list #2
Thankyou for that. However, I am wanting to bring these across into separate list which shows all the players registered for a club. Th filter option doesn't help me with the moving of this elsewhere. need the information in a different place as the information is goin to be used to complete a team sheet automatically. ...... here's hoping..... -- eddie8 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eddie84's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thread...

identify highest and lowest number in a list
hi I need to be able to look through a list of numbers and identify the highest and lowest number in the list. The list can vary in length up to 60 or so entries, and not all of the cells will have data in them. I know there's a conditional format in there somewhere but that's about it! Have you tried the MAX() and MIN() functions? Look them up in Help. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "peter terry" <peter.terry63@tiscali.c...

Shop Product ?Search form/query Access
I have a form that is based on a query that shows all the products i sell, onthe form i have a search text feild, so i can type in the product then click a button that requerys and only displays the products with that text in, this works fine, but i the form takes a long time to load the first time, is there a way i can have it the form loads with no data then i type in product name then when i clcik the button it loads the data/query. Just looking at ways to speed it up Put the first search field on a separate form where the 'after update' event for the search field opens...

Querying Excel tables from Microsoft Query
Apologies if this posts twice. Since my posting hasn't shown up in 5 hours, I'm assuming it got lost. I cannot query a Microsoft Excel workbook with Microsoft Query. The error message I get is "the data source contains no visible tables". But the workbook that I am trying to query contains two named tables. Any suggestions on what the problem might be? Thanks. For posterity, here is the fix. If you have a range that has been converted to a table and given a table name, as opposed to simply a named range, Microsoft Query will not recognize it as a database...

Where do I find the Product Identification Number to
The Product Identification Number can be found by going to the Application menu. For example, if you have Word open, choose the Word menu and select About Word. At the bottom you will find the Product ID. Eric Olson [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "lauren" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6fa101c3e770$27b14bf0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Advanced Find on Opportunity Products
Hi I need to advanced find on opportunity products. Is there an add-on or something that I can use to get this functionality. Thanks CRM_2008 On Feb 8, 7:57=A0pm, CRM 2008 <CRM2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > I need to advanced find on opportunity products. Is there an add-on or > something that I can use to get this functionality. > > Thanks > CRM_2008 Hey '08, You don't need an add-on. The reason Opp Prods don't appear in the main list of entities is that is no view (other than associated) that you can get for Opp Prods. You can on...

Form/Query Question
In Access 2007, I have a table that has the following columns: First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Hair Color, Height, Weight, and Current Location. I want to create a form that I can go into and find all of the individuals that were born after 1980 and with brown hair; or possibly all the individuals with brown hair that weigh under 180. Basically I want to be able to search the table based on inserting the specific parameters I want into a form. And then I want to be able to see a report of all the individuals that meet my parameters to print out. How can I go about this? Y...

Query re: Incoming messages
I want to setup a filter on my exchange 5.5 server so that incoming email from once particular external source can be re-directed to my mailbox, regardless who it is addressed to. Is this possible?? I do not believe this is possible, with Exchange natively...you would need some sort of third party application to implement this... "Ben Hymas" <ben.hymas@rochford.gov.uk> wrote in message news:cd1001c3ef2c$d02aa100$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to setup a filter on my exchange 5.5 server so that > incoming email from once particular external source can be > re-direct...

yet another: which is faster table or query ?
using A2k; seen LOTS of posts about this topic, but none seem to address the heart of my question. Let's break this into 2 parts: queries (stand-alone); and form data sources (and control data sources) queries - stand alone: Let's say I have a query (#1) that relates information in 3 tables. Now I want another query (#2) that uses that same information, and relates it to more tables. Would query #2 be faster if it uses query #1, and relates that to more tables; OR would it be faster if it had all the table relations in query #1 built into it (not use a query inside a query) ? --- ...

Footer to list Directory & Filename
I can get the Filename to list in the foot. But, I need the Directory information to also print. How can this be done? Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = ThisWorkbook.FullName End With End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the code -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "...

Appending to Sharepoint List From Access
Hey guys, I have 2 lists each on their own Sharepoint Site. I have them both linked to my Access Frontend. They both have the same permissions. I'm able to write an append query to one of the lists but not the other. What happens is when I go to select 'Append Query' from the tool bar, the name of the linked sharepoint list is not an option in the "Append To" drop down menu. Does anyone know what the culprit could be and sorry if I didn't write this in the correct forum. ...

LDAP query for hidden mailboxes
Hi I have Exchange 5.5 server . When I try to do a LDAP query for hidden receipients or public folders which are hidden, I do not get a responce. Can anyone tell me how to enable this on Exchange without changing the hidden attribute. I would really appreciate it. Shekhar ...

Landed Costs-freight allocations based on cubic volume of product
We have a prospect that is requesting landed costs to be calculated based on cubic volume (instead of by weight). Are there any 3rd party addon's which use cubic volume as a calculation method? Thanks, Glen ...

Difference Between Custom Address List and Global Address List
Any one could able to tell me exactly the difference between Custom Address list (which can be created under All Address List) and Gloab Address List on Exchange Server 2003??? On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:48:33 -0800, N.Raja <NRaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Any one could able to tell me exactly the difference between Custom Address >list (which can be created under All Address List) and Gloab Address List on >Exchange Server 2003??? Custom lists allow you to filter and create views based upon specific attributes. ...

List Box Options
I'm designing a form that's used for tracking training for various individuals, and their names were added to the simple list box. My question is how do I show the selected names from the list box in the database column marked "Names"? All I wnt to accomplish when I'm done is a report that shows how many trainings each individual attended the date of the trainings an it's topic. -- Scott Scott: Your going to have to have a criteria in order to tell it what you want done. "Scott" wrote: > I'm designing a form that's used for tracking ...

Drop down list in Microsoft Word 2007
I have added a drop down list to my form in Word 2007 but there is no arrow for the user to click to see the options. How can I fix this? The arrow button appears only when you have protected the document for forms. You can go through the pain of clicking Protect Document > Allow only this type of editing > Filling in forms > Start Enforcing Protection. Or you can add the Lock command to the Quick Access Toolbar and only need one click. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups ...

Make all number values BOLD that meet criteria ?
New to the board ! I'm sure my question is easy for all you gurus ! I've read around and it looks like I will need to use VBA to do what want but I want to make sure. I am working with lotto numbers so you have five columns x about 150 rows , each cell with one number value . I would like to make BOLD only the prime numbers. THEN...I want to have excel count how many prime numbers in each row. suppose you could just have excel count the number of bold values afte you have excel turn all prime bold. Anyway, conditional formating gives me only 3 filters. There are 1 prime number...