query question 12-05-07

Hi all,
I need some help with this one not sure if it even possible. I have a table
that has identifier number, transaction number, status, and comments field.
In the 1st query I look in the comments field to find a specific date (using
Like). That query shows me all that is Postperiod. What I need is for the
preperiod records to show up in a query by themselves. I have tried to use
NOT Like but this doesn't provide me with correct results.
Anyone have any idea how I can do this?
thanks in advance!

angelinarose

The schoolbook solution to this problem is to put the date from the comments
field into a proper date/time field.

What is the date in the comments field? Are you getting it this way from
another system or something like an Excel file.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"angelinarose via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I need some help with this one not sure if it even possible. I have a table
> that has identifier number, transaction number, status, and comments field.
> In the 1st query I look in the comments field to find a specific date (using
> Like). That query shows me all that is Postperiod. What I need is for the
> preperiod records to show up in a query by themselves. I have tried to use
> NOT Like but this doesn't provide me with correct results.
> Anyone have any idea how I can do this?
> thanks in advance!

You might try posting the query that does work.

You should be able to use the query wizard and the unmatched query to get
the results you want using Your table and the query.
--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

"angelinarose via AccessMonster.com" <u37690@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I need some help with this one not sure if it even possible. I have a
> table
> that has identifier number, transaction number, status, and comments
> field.
> In the 1st query I look in the comments field to find a specific date
> (using
> Like). That query shows me all that is Postperiod. What I need is for the
> preperiod records to show up in a query by themselves. I have tried to use
> NOT Like but this doesn't provide me with correct results.
> Anyone have any idea how I can do this?
> thanks in advance!

John

Questions and insight about inventory allocation in Sales Order Processing
My apologies for the novel below, but I'm looking for some insight into automatic inventory allocation. In the past, everything used to be entered as a back order so the automatic allocation would not happen. A series of custom built Access applications by our previous partner would be used to manually fulfill orders. The front line customer service people would tell Purchasing what to order (even if we needed to order or not). Long story short, it was a mess. Now this has all been eliminated. We enter customer orders in SOP as Orders and back order quantities accordingly. Purchasin...

query parameters 12-02-09
Hi I have a stored query in a accdb-database: UPDATE Table SET Field1 = [?] WHERE [Field2]=[?]; Running the query I am just prompted for one parameter. It must be only the second one. Since I type in an existing value for Field2 and then Field1 is updated with this value. Typing in the first parameter at that place, which should be written into the database I get the message: Are you sure, that you want to update 0 records? . . .no chance for the second parameter. Why am I not prompted for both parameters? Patrick Try giving them different names. UPDATE Table SET Fiel...

IE8 problem 12-07-09
I keep getting the following message when I try to use IE8 on my desktop:- "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have used CCleaner to get rid of cookies, temporary files etc with no joy. I have also uninstalled IE8 and returned to IE7 and everything worked fine. I then reinstalled IE8 and and was able to use Internet Explorer until I rebooted the computer. Back to square one, no internet.. I know that I should now return to IE7 but would first like to know whether there is a fix for this problem. As ...

CRM with SBS 2003 12-08-03
IS crm 1.2 out yet? i have a new sbs 2003 installation on a single server (obviously). Can i put crm on a separate server? is it necessary for performance to put on a seperate server? the doc i have read says that crm needs a dual processor and raid 5 with 3 drive minimum. is that true? why? thanks for any help lisa Not sure about 1.2, as I have been out of the MS CRM loop for awhile I highly recommend putting the CRM on a different machine as v1.0 was quite resource intensive. I recently set up a SBS 2000 domain for a customer, and the demands of SQL Server/Exchange/AD would compete w...

Create a form for users to query data. (Access 2003)
This is probably going to be pretty elementary stuff, but I don't think I've done this myself before, so I'm having trouble figuring out how to get started. What I want to do is to be able to let my users see a form that will allow them to enter information and click a button that will run a query and give them data. In other words, they'll basically be running a query without knowing they are doing it. This is for users who don't know how to use Access. For example: A user would be able to select an instructor and get all of the courses they taught. Or they could s...

CmemDc question about ReleaseDC
Hi everybody, I've a problem using CmemDC class, i'm writing text in overlay over a image which is updated every second, in order to avoid flickering I used CmemDC and that works very well, but if I Release the DC I get a blank image, what's wrong with that? The problem is that if I don't release the DC the memory increases. Pseudo-code: bool CImageHandler_Dyn::Draw_IMG_Wri(BYTE* pBuffer) { HDC hDC = ::GetDC( m_hwnd ) ; CMemDC ppDC(CDC::FromHandle(hDC)); m_OCDib->Draw( ppDC , &rcDst , &rcSrc ); //write image on DC ppDC->SetTextColor(RGB(55, 89, 255)); ppDC->Se...

SSRS 2005 questions
Hi, We are trying to have SSRS2005 ready for production and I heard that SSRS2005 upgrade to SSRS2005 is very difficult and SSRS2005 securty is very poor. IS that True? Thanks, Do you mean upgrade from RS 2000 to RS 2005. That upgrade was quite easy. The upgrade to RS 2008 is more difficult because they made major architectural changes that cause the upgrade to be more of an install and migration rather than an upgrade. As far as security you need to be more specific. I am not aware of security issues. BUT, it depends on what you mean by it. The way I look at secu...

Going from Project Server 2007 to Project Server 2010
Right now we have an official Project Server 2007 production instance as well as a little test installation on a VM. However, we are far from a robust multi-environment shop with formal change management procedures in place, data refresh procedures in place, etc. We have two choices: 1) We can do the fancy infrastructure build out now in Project Server 2007 THEN migrate to Project Server 2010 2) Wait until 2010 to do a fancy infrastructure build out. Which is the very best of the two options that has the least pain associated with it? We are running 32-bit Windows Server 2003...

CRM 3.0 installation ERROR 12-24-05
Hi guys, Server 2003, clean install with SharePoint Portal running with MSDE 2000. I tried to run CRM 3.0 Pro setup and I get this error screen: "Failed to find .NET 1.1 setup program." I have Framework 2.0 running and had registered Framework 1.1.4322 with IIS and is running that version, not 2.0. Any ideas??? Off hand it sounds like setup thinks .NET v1.1 is not installed and is trying to launch the installer from the CD. I would attempt to manually reinstall .NET v1.1 SP1 and try setup again. I know .NET v1.1 is supposed to be "built-in" to Server 2003, so I...

Pivot Table for survey data w/ questions as Rows & poss answrs as
Hi, I'm trying to use a Pivot Table to present some survey results, and could use a point in the right direction. Details: -------- - The first question is "what department do you work for?" - The rest of the questions all have the same possible answers (agree, strongly, disagree, strongly disagree). - The questions are the column headings in the source data set. In the Pivot Table, I'm looking to: ----------------------------------- - have the rows be the individual questions (col headings from data set) - have the columns be the four possible answer (col data from data...

Append to Append Query
First of all, my apologies to anyone who read this in the Forms Coding group. I had misposted it there, when it should have been here. Here is my post: Awhile back, I posted about the following: > > Have a main form and sub form. > > When generate a new form, fill in the main form and tab to sub-form, an > append query is executed that populates the questions and possible answers > for the questionnaire selected in the main form. The user then selects > there > response. > > Now, however, additional questions have been added. This means I need to > execu...

Access 2003 Query VBA error under Vista
Any help would be sincerely appreciated, I have an Access 2003 MDB that works fine under fully patched WinXP system. However the same 2003 MDB is throwing an error under an up to date Vista Business OS. I have a UDF written in VBA that displays some data on the main form. On the Vista PC I receive a Run Time Error ... "Function is not available in expressions in query expression 'Left([ccnContainerType], 2)'" Does anyone have any idea as to why Vista is doing this? Thanks in advance Matt Matt Slattery wrote: > >Any help would be sincerely appreciated, > >...

Update query using counts.
Greetings, Im used to using Informix/Ingres SQL so sometimes the syntax in access VBA confuses me. With the tables below the relationship is 1 row (tblStudent) to MANY (tblStudentDeliveryResults) The design query when I switch to update confuses me so not sure where to add to some of the code i.e. Where do I put the Having/Group by? As im used to using the total function which is available for SELECT queries. Does the codes below look easily transferable to access SQL and also logic and well structured? UPDATE tblstudent Set pgc_date = date() Where studentid IN( Select studentid From...

report with 3 sections need a query???
I have an employee database set up to track new hires. its main purpose is to get the new hires into the payroll and security systems. I fill out a form with name address, dept, job,social Insurance Number and wage etc... I click the print button which produces a report with this information. This report is in 3 sections, the new hire section takes up the top third of the page. I want to use the middle section as a "employee status change" section which will let me change the employees dept, job or wage. The bottom third will be for terminating staff, which will show why the...

Excel 2007 minitoolbar turn off question?
Hello, I'm running excel 2007. I went to options and turned off the minitoolbar under popular (unchecked now) but when I right click on a cell it brings up a tiny formatting toolbar. I've saved those settings exited excel - gone back in that box is still unchecked but the box still mini formatting toolbar still appears. How do I turn that feature off please? Excellent question. I don't know what that option does (when does a 'selection' mini-toolbar appear?) but you have to turn off the menu mini-toolbar to affect the right click menu. The only way I know t...

Reporting Question
Good afternoon group, I am trying to create a competitor matrix type report using Crystal Reports. I have added some 40 picklist schema items that I would like to pull into a grid. I would like to report on the Yes/No/Null values for each of our competitors. So far I have not been able to find a way to accolmpish this with Crystal. Idea? Has anyone done something similar and if so how was this accomplished? with the right paper size you you could do this line by line with the competitor name on the left then the 40 fields alongside. you do not need a specific grid for this, simply report on...

moving from excel 11 to excel 12
Excel 2007, wXP New XP computer with Excel 2007 (Excel 12) and leave my old computer with Excel 2003. I had a bunch of macros in the old computer, but I believe they were not all attached to specific spreadsheets and I could see a list of all macros and invoke the one I wanted. With the Excel 2007 computer it seems that the macros were imported attached to the workbooks to which they pertained, but I had a few macros in the old system that could be used anywhere, such as one that caused a "comment" to be written without my initials embedded in it, and it could be used in any ...

Chart Question
I need to create a chart that has two stacked columns(side by side) i the same period - Is this possible? There would be four rows of data two data points in each stack. Thanks, gabb -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Start by having a look here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html There is loads of useful information and lots of sample charts - along with tips and tricks. -- Andy. "Gabriella T >" <<Gabriella.T.14rhwc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Gabriella.T.14rhwc@excelforum-nospam.com... > I need to create a chart...

Problem with Outlook 2007 and RSS feeds from Firefox 2.0.0.12
I can not get this to work correctly. In IE 7 if I click on an RSS feed icon, IE will ask if I want to subscribe to the feed and if I do it adds the feed to the Outlook bar (just like Outlook 2007's directions say it should work). Using the same technique in Firefox, Outlook shows me the HTML behind the feed OR in the case of any RSS from the NY Times - it comes up as a page not found error. If I do a copy/paste into the account setup tab for RSS in Outlook I can make this work but I don't understand why there is such a hassle to get this done in Firefox EXPECIALLY when Firefox asks ...

Ranking in Access Query by Dates
I have db that holds tables that record employee production numbers. It has all the associates, what jobprocesses they did and what date they did them, along with standard productivity information (units processed, time on task,....). Then I have another table that holds productivity goals. We keep track of a learning curve for the first 2 weeks an associate is in a jobprocess. So i have my goals set up for each day (day 1 they should be here, day 2 they should be at here, day 3 they should be here....) What I need to do is rank the days in productivity by jobprocess for each ...

Can't receive emails 05-25-10
Hi, everything appeared fine when I clicked on the Receive/Send All button to update my emails. However, the emails from my account were not uploaded to Windows Mail after the process was successfully completed. You mean 'downloaded' rather than 'uploaded'. Did you look in all the Windows Mail folders including Junk E-mail? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:09F1463B-DCF3-41A0-9AC3-D08AF186FF06@microsoft.com... &...

Reports 04-15-07
I have a query that contains fields Bin Number, Quantity and Date. In the month of March Bin Number 1 was used 5 times i.e. 5 different entries, Bun Number 2 was used 6 times and Bin Number 3 was used 10 times. Now I've created a report based on this information where when the user opens the report a dialog box opens up saying specificy which month you want to view. When they select March the report opens up for march but all the entries are shown and I only want the total being shown for each bin number Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong of if i'm not explaining clearly let me kno...

Quick Question
I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2010? Michael On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:59:26 +0000 (UTC), Rev. Michael L. Burns <sdbpastor@charter.bet> wrote: > >I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently >set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a >way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2...

Study test questions for MSCRM implementation exam?
Hi there, Any one know where i could get hold of study test questions and books for the MSCRM implementation exam. I found plenty of test question website etc for MCSE but Not for CRM as yet. Regards, JE it does not exist, on great plains site you can get a guide to the exam. all i can say you need to know not only features but also functionality as well ie which option would you click to achieve option x etc "Jo E" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d05001c39437$5750c890$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > Any one know where i could g...

ADO: Help build this query in MS Access
Hello I have a very large table in a MS Access database. It has various fields in it. (Eg. Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4, Field5) All I'm trying to do is to run a query that concatenates the values in 3 fields and returns a recordset. In other words, I want a recordset which has only one field and that field contains the values as follows field2+field3+field4. Example: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 1 AA XX PQR 112 2 BB XX STS 234 3 CC XX QQQ 234...