query question 12-05-07

Hi all,
I need some help with this one not sure if it even possible. I have a table
that has identifier number, transaction number, status, and comments field.
In the 1st query I look in the comments field to find a specific date (using
Like). That query shows me all that is Postperiod. What I need is for the
preperiod records to show up in a query by themselves. I have tried to use
NOT Like but this doesn't provide me with correct results.
Anyone have any idea how I can do this?
thanks in advance!

angelinarose

The schoolbook solution to this problem is to put the date from the comments
field into a proper date/time field.

What is the date in the comments field? Are you getting it this way from
another system or something like an Excel file.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"angelinarose via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I need some help with this one not sure if it even possible. I have a table
> that has identifier number, transaction number, status, and comments field.
> In the 1st query I look in the comments field to find a specific date (using
> Like). That query shows me all that is Postperiod. What I need is for the
> preperiod records to show up in a query by themselves. I have tried to use
> NOT Like but this doesn't provide me with correct results.
> Anyone have any idea how I can do this?
> thanks in advance!

You might try posting the query that does work.

You should be able to use the query wizard and the unmatched query to get
the results you want using Your table and the query.
--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

"angelinarose via AccessMonster.com" <u37690@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I need some help with this one not sure if it even possible. I have a
> table
> that has identifier number, transaction number, status, and comments
> field.
> In the 1st query I look in the comments field to find a specific date
> (using
> Like). That query shows me all that is Postperiod. What I need is for the
> preperiod records to show up in a query by themselves. I have tried to use
> NOT Like but this doesn't provide me with correct results.
> Anyone have any idea how I can do this?
> thanks in advance!

John

Have a Question About Replicating Public Folders
Hello-- I am moving Exchange 2003 servers and am in the middle of moving the default public folders. When I go to check the status of the replication via the folders' properties, replication details, the source server is saying, "in sync" but the destination server is saying, "local modify" These are not mailed enabled and they are default public folders. I have left them to replicate for about 14 hours and the status is not changing on the destination server. Is it OK to end the replication and move on with removing the source Exchange server or is there some...

Query Result Incorrect
I have a query based on a membership table in which I need to pull out all the people who do not have an email address. When I design the query and put "is null" in the criteria field for email address, it still returns names with email addresses. How can I get this query to pull out only the members who do not have an email address? Well what do you have in the columns with no email address? You should have a null but its possible your code puts either an empty string or a space in there. Since an email address should contain an '@' character you could try WHE...

Joining 3 Queries That Count
I am trying to decipher the “status” of records in my table based on two date fields and the name of the agent assigned to each record. The fields are as follows: SUPPORT MGR (Name) DC (Date Completed) Follow-up Date I have 3 separate queries based on these fields that work as follows: a) Completed SELECT [Master Table].[SUPPORT MGR], Count([Master Table].[MERCHANT ID]) AS [# COMPLETED] FROM [Master Table] WHERE ((([Master Table].DC) Between [Start Date] And [End Date])) GROUP BY [Master Table].[SUPPORT MGR]; b) In Follow-Up SELECT [Master Table].[SUPPORT MGR], Count(...

Program unable to link "PSAPI.lib" Query?
Hi Guys I have a downloaded a win32 API program that works for Win 95/98/NT. The download archive contained a project workspace for VC++ 6.0 When i opened the program with VC++ 6.0 & tried to compile the program it gave me the following error: LINK: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "psapi.lib". Going through the Project settings i found out that in the Project Settings->Link Tab - General Category. In the Object/library modules following libraries were listed: comctl32.lib psapi.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell3...

Questions on copying from one sheet to the other and coping every other cell.
I need to change a formula on sheet two reading... =OFFSET($B$1,0,ROW()-2) which I drag down the column and it copies text like this =B1 =C1 =D1 etc. I need to make it every other cell in the row instead of every cell. For instance now when I drag it, it will go down the column and copy text from =B1 =D1 =F1 +H1 Etc.... Second, first time ever but the columns in first row in sheet 2 is full, so I also need to continue same formula on the next sheet, sheet 3 but have it continue copying to same column on Sheet 2. How do i make this possible? Thanks! TKL -- KatyLady ---------------...

Set Focus 05-22-07
I have a command button that displays and filters 2 forms. I would like to set the focus to a specific field on another form when these are opened. TIA In news:1179848189.605344.149570@r3g2000prh.googlegroups.com, myxmaster@hotmail.com <myxmaster@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a command button that displays and filters 2 forms. I would > like to set the focus to a specific field on another form when these > are opened. Something along the lines of: DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", WhereCondition:="[SomeField]=1" DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2", WhereConditi...

Color seps question
Hi Everyone still lurking here in the background..picking up whatever i can. today i am stumped... pub2000 document contains 1 eps and text- 2color separations needed i formatted eps to pantone process black and process cyan (both cvu),then changed the text to thier corresponding (cvu) colors in the pub doc commecial printing tools: cmyk or spot colors produce the same results; when i print to file and distill to a pdf the eps separates fine, the black text separates ok, but the cvu cyan text when printed to postscript output device separates wit cyan, magenta and yellow. I am using Mac...

Installation Question 02-18-05
Can you implement MS CRM in a multi forest Active Directory structure? From what I've been reading, yes you can. However, I've never done it and I don't know how the cross-forest authentication would work. Anyone else try this? "Goodway" wrote: > Can you implement MS CRM in a multi forest Active Directory structure? > answered in other group Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 06:03:05 -0800, "Goodway" <Goodway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

more about Application Domain 05-01-10
Hi! Here in this example I run Main located in assembly named DomainTest. I load three assembly called AssemblyA, AssemblyB and AssemblyC by using the process DomainTest where I create the Application Domain. There will only be one process because the three assemblies will be running in the process of DomainTest. Now to my question how will the switching between these three loaded assemblies be done ??? Will it be something similar to when the OS is swithing between processes. When you use Application Domain is't the responsibility of the .NET Framework to handle all ...

How do I find and replace a question mark in Excel?
I have a range of cells with a single question mark ?, Y or N. I can't filter with the question mark since Excel thinks it's a wild card. I wasn't aware of this when I set up the spreadsheet. So I would like to replace the question marks with something else, but this still presents the same problem. How can I specify that I mean a question mark and not a wild card? Thanks. use ~? instead and this will tell Excel to look for a ? as a ? and not as a wildcard. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 9...

OWA Config Question
I have 1 Windows 2003 domain in 2 separate sites. One site is in California and the other site is in NYC. There is an Exchange 2003 server in each site. The site in NYC is the only Exchange server connected to the internet, so all inbound and outbound smtp traffic goes through the NYC Exchange server. We have OWA setup (No front end servers), and it works for the NYC site, but it does not work for the Cal site. Whenever the Cal people try to access owa, the server returns the AD address of the Cal exchange server and that is blocked by the firewall so naturally, it does not work. OWA w...

Attachment removal 12-15-09
After removing attachments from e-mails, I find no “evidence” to show the names of the attachments that have been removed. Is there any means of identifying the names of any such removed attachments? There're tools available for that: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en> Am Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:52:01 -0800 schrieb Al: > After removing attachments from e-mails, I find no “evidence” to show the > names of the ...

In query how to write group into the same minute? Export to text file?
Hi How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the same minute compressed into that minute (and the analysis will be done in other fields, like: first, high, low, last, sum). And how can I export the result from a query into a testfile? Regards Rolf On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:05:00 +0100, "Rolf" <rolfe@algonet.se> wrote: >Hi >How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from >witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the ...

vlookup question #7
When I get a #N/A return from a vlookup, how can I change that to a statement like "Sorry"? Thanks in advance Gus Try it like this: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(........)),"Sorry",VLOOKUP(.........)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Gus" <stoomfiets@ketting.co.ut> wrote in message news:u0WoShU6IHA.2060@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I get a #N/A return from a vlookup, how can I change that to a > statement like "Sorry"? > Thanks in advance > Gus > Using If() and ISNA(): =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A8,B2:C6,2,0)),"Sorry, I can't do tha...

Pivot Table question #6
Hi I have a pivot table with some data. When I put in the one of the fields "Costs" in the data area , excel does a count of the costs or if I go in options( Summary) it gives me choices for Sum, % of and etc. But I just want the values of the costs to show up in the pivot table data area but it does not give me that option .. I dont want any summarizing ( COunt, SUm, Min, Max ..etc) It seems I cannot find how to do that. Please help . Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks Yusuf. .. Yusuf, Without knowing the specifics, it's hard to tell whether a pivot tabl...

Money 2005 start-up error 12-13-09
After the most recent update, I am now getting an error message from 2005 standard, that it encountered an internal error and has to close. There no re-store function to previous install/update. Any idea what to do? I am receiving the same exact problem on two different PC's here. One PC has Vista and one has XP, so I am assuming this is a Microsoft problem and not one of either of the individual PC's I'm working on. Any guidance would be extremely helpful. "squirrel" wrote: > After the most recent update, I am now getting an error message from 2005...

Passing an argument from a query to a command
I am trying to send a report using an email address in a DB. I wrote the following code for it. Private Sub Reminder_Letter_Command_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Reminder_Letter_Command_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim SendTO As String stDocName = "BG Reminder Letter" RunQuery MsgBox "This is After RunQuery " & SendTO SendTO = [Queries]![BG email only from email from ae code].EmailAddress MsgBox "This is SendTO 2 Value ==== " & SendTO DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal DoCmd.SendObject acSend...

Question about CreateProcess
I have an application (SDI) that can launch a small DOS program using CreateProcess(). This program returns an errorlevel to DOS of '0' on success or '1' on error. Is it possible for the SDI app to get this errorlevel when the DOS app terminates? (For user notification purposes). Thanks. Mark F. wrote: >I have an application (SDI) that can launch a small DOS program using >CreateProcess(). This program returns an errorlevel to DOS of '0' on >success or '1' on error. Is it possible for the SDI app to get this >errorlevel when the DOS app terminat...

Excel 2002 parameter query returns some blanks instead of data
Hello and thanks up front... (I'm going bonkers), It's invoice time, so in my "Job Records" file, I'm using a parameter query (Excel 02, Microsoft Query) to return only those records that occur in one specified month. In the original Excel "Job Records" file on which the query is based, one column of data, labeled "PO", lists purchase order names (e.g. "VBL" for a verbal Purchase Order) or numbers (e.g. "102509"). The column is automatically formatted by Excel as "General", and I just let it ride. A second co...

Dual Display Question
All, I have an application that I am building, which will use dual displays. The primary screen (or laptop display) would be used by the person running the application and entering data, etc. The other display is a form that would be displayed on a projector to provides information to a group of people in a room. My question is this. How do I programatically determine there are multiple displays, and then how do I open a form on the secondary display when I want to? Thanks, Steve On Jan 14, 12:21=A0pm, Steve Haack <SteveHa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Importing data 05-16-07
Hello, We have an address list that someone in the office has compiled over the years. It is currently in excel consisting of name address city state name address city state name address city state name address city state Yes, all in a single column. I would like to get this into a database for all future entries, but can this be done? Thanks for any guidance. chaz On May 16, 4:24 pm, Tom Wickerath <AOS168b AT comcast DOT net> wrote: > Hi Chaz, > > Is the address and city/state information entered into the same cell as the > name by using the <Alt> <Ente...

Combining query and table
Well, I have a table with fields like Quantity Borrowed and Quantity Returned. I have a query with a field QuantityAvailable which is calculated based on some formula... So, problem is I want to build a subform consists of this table and query together yet user can enter themselves the QuantityReturned and next field is the QuantityAvailable showed... How? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hey! Thanks for the idea... But, I have created the query and appended it in my form. It can works but it cannot automatically update as I enter the value in other fields.Any solution f...

Printing question vba
I have a workbook with several worksheets , when the workbook is ready for printing I want to print out 1 page with 3 copies of three of the worksheets and 1 to 10 pages with three copies of another sheet, depending of how much data it is in that sheet. My question is. How to find out how many pages that has data in it and then just print those pages. I have data in columns A-G. I know how to record a macro to do the first thing and then go to the next sheet and do the same thing again. ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=3 Sheets("Page2").Select One ...

lll 11-15-07
lkjdfxg�xoj.xzfgv�zugf.z.jxj�igjzrsdk ...

exchange 5.5 #12
I am getting an EventID: 246 An Internal MTA error has occured EventID: 246 Source: MSExchangeMTA Type: Error Category: Internal Processing An internal MTA error occurred. An attempt has been made to read beyond the end of an object. Attribute ID: 30. Object at fault: 060000NN. Offset reached: 1. Contact Microsoft Product Support Services. [MTA DISP:FANOUT 12 223] (14) in my event viewer - it is constantly coming up The knowledge base says this is for Exchange v5.0 although i have getting this on Exchange 5.5 Any offers of help would be g...