Query Problem 03-27-10

Hi,
I have 2 tables, tbBaby and tbVaccineInjection. tbBaby stores the babies'
personal data like Name, BirthDate etc., tbVaccine stores VaccineName,
DoseNumber (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and InjectionDate, etc. These 2 tables are
one to many in relation, because each baby may have several vaccinations on
different dates.

I'd like to build a query to retrieve babies with their most recent
injection date, i.e. only one record for each baby with latest injection date.

my query is as follow
SELECT tbBaby.*, tbVaccine.*
FROM tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccine ON tbBaby.ID=tbVaccine.BabyID
WHERE tbBaby.BirthDate Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate
ORDER BY tbVaccine.InjectDate DESC;

With this query, each baby may have more than one record. I tried to use
DISTINCT or DISTINCTROW, but still unable to get it work. Your help will be
apprecited.
--
Jeff

hi Jeff,

On 27.03.2010 13:07, Jeff wrote:
> I have 2 tables, tbBaby and tbVaccineInjection. tbBaby stores the babies'
> personal data like Name, BirthDate etc., tbVaccine stores VaccineName,
> DoseNumber (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and InjectionDate, etc. These 2 tables are
> one to many in relation, because each baby may have several vaccinations on
> different dates.
I think your mixing two things into your tbVaccine:

1) the vaccine itself

and

2) the application/medication of it.

So I would store in tbVaccine onle the name.
Use a third table tbMedication for the InjectionDate:

tbMedication:
ID AutoNumber,
idBaby,
idVaccine,
InjectionDate,
DoseNumber

All fields must be not null. btw, is the dose number not calculable from
the InjectionDate? If so, you don't need to store it.

> I'd like to build a query to retrieve babies with their most recent
> injection date, i.e. only one record for each baby with latest injection date.
To get the latest date you simply need an aggregate query on your table
storing the injection date, in your case this should work:

SELECT idBaby, MAX(InjectionDate)
FROM tbVaccine
GROUP BY idBaby;

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/27/2010 12:26:09 PM
Hi Stefan,

I am sorry I use tbVaccine in stead of tbVaccineInjection in the 2nd line of
my last post. I do have tbVaccine that stores the names, company, lot number
for each vaccine. My tbVaccineInjection is like your tbMedication that stores
BabyID, VaccineName (I need to change this to VaccineID), DoseNo,
InjectionDate...., I also have a tbBaby that stores babies' personal data
like ChartNo, BabyName, BirthDate, Address etc.

I'd like to build a query to retrieve babies' personal date with their most
recent injection date, i.e. only one record for each baby with latest
injection date. My codes are as follow:

SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID, Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate)
FROM tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection ON tbBaby.ID =
tbVaccineInjection.BabyID
WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate
GROUP BY tbVaccineInjection.BabyID;

This will retrieve babies' BabyID from tbVaccineInjection who were born
within a period of days. Can you help me to retreive those babies' personal
data from tbBaby? Thank you.
--
Jeff

"Stefan Hoffmann" 來函:

> hi Jeff,
>
> On 27.03.2010 13:07, Jeff wrote:
> > I have 2 tables, tbBaby and tbVaccineInjection. tbBaby stores the babies'
> > personal data like Name, BirthDate etc., tbVaccine stores VaccineName,
> > DoseNumber (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and InjectionDate, etc. These 2 tables are
> > one to many in relation, because each baby may have several vaccinations on
> > different dates.
> I think your mixing two things into your tbVaccine:
>
> 1) the vaccine itself
>
> and
>
> 2) the application/medication of it.
>
> So I would store in tbVaccine onle the name.
> Use a third table tbMedication for the InjectionDate:
>
> tbMedication:
> ID AutoNumber,
> idBaby,
> idVaccine,
> InjectionDate,
> DoseNumber
>
> All fields must be not null. btw, is the dose number not calculable from
> the InjectionDate? If so, you don't need to store it.
>
> > I'd like to build a query to retrieve babies with their most recent
> > injection date, i.e. only one record for each baby with latest injection date.
> To get the latest date you simply need an aggregate query on your table
> storing the injection date, in your case this should work:
>
> SELECT idBaby, MAX(InjectionDate)
> FROM tbVaccine
> GROUP BY idBaby;
>

> mfG
> --> stefan <--
> .

hi Jeff,

On 27.03.2010 16:05, Jeff wrote:
> This will retrieve babies' BabyID from tbVaccineInjection who were born
> within a period of days. Can you help me to retreive those babies' personal
> data from tbBaby? Thank you.
Create a query using the simple aggregat query and use this stored query
to retrieve your data.

btw, what does your query returns? It looks quite well.

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/27/2010 3:27:18 PM
My query returns BabyID and InjectionDate, but I want it returns babies'
personal data and InjectionDate. I rewrite it as :

SELECT tbBaby.*, tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate
FROM (tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection ON tbBaby.ID =
tbVaccineInjection.BabyID) INNER JOIN [SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID,
Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate) FROM tbVaccineInjection GROUP BY
tbVaccineInjection.BabyID]. AS MaxInjectionDate ON tbBaby.ID =
MaxInjectionDate.BabyID
WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate;

It works, but the number of records it returns are many more than the number
of records as using the first query. Access doesn't GROUP BY
tbVaccineInjection.BabyID with Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate), becuase
it still returns several record for each baby.

I really get very confused with INNER JOIN, LEFT JOIN & RIGHT JOIN. Thank
you.
--
Jeff

"Stefan Hoffmann" 來函:

> hi Jeff,
>
> On 27.03.2010 16:05, Jeff wrote:
> > This will retrieve babies' BabyID from tbVaccineInjection who were born
> > within a period of days. Can you help me to retreive those babies' personal
> > data from tbBaby? Thank you.
> Create a query using the simple aggregat query and use this stored query
> to retrieve your data.
>
> btw, what does your query returns? It looks quite well.
>
> mfG
> --> stefan <--
> .

hi Jeff,

On 28.03.2010 01:01, Jeff wrote:
> It works, but the number of records it returns are many more than the number
> of records as using the first query. Access doesn't GROUP BY
> tbVaccineInjection.BabyID with Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate), becuase
> it still returns several record for each baby.
You have included tbVaccineInjection, which is the cause. This should be
sufficient:

SELECT B.*, MVI.InjectionDate
FROM tbBaby B
INNER JOIN
(
SELECT VI.BabyID, Max(VI.InjectionDate)
FROM tbVaccineInjection VI
GROUP BY VI.BabyID
) AS MVI
ON B.ID = MVI.BabyID
WHERE B.BabyBirth BETWEEN Me!StartDate AND Me!EndDate;

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/28/2010 10:54:12 AM
The query should look more like the following. You join tbVaccineInjection to
the results from the subquery on both BabyID and the Injectiondate.  That
limits the records returned for tbVaccineInjection to just those that match
the babyid and the last injectionDate for each babyid.

SELECT tbBaby.*
, tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate
FROM (tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection
ON tbBaby.ID = tbVaccineInjection.BabyID)
INNER JOIN
    [SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID,
    Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate) as LastInjected
    FROM tbVaccineInjection
    GROUP BY tbVaccineInjection.BabyID]. AS MaxInjectionDate
ON tbVaccineInjection.BabyID = MaxInjectionDate.BabyID
AND tbVaccineInjection = MaxInjectionDate.LastInjected
WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate;

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Jeff wrote:
> My query returns BabyID and InjectionDate, but I want it returns babies'
> personal data and InjectionDate. I rewrite it as :
>
> SELECT tbBaby.*, tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate
> FROM (tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection ON tbBaby.ID =
> tbVaccineInjection.BabyID) INNER JOIN [SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID,
> Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate) FROM tbVaccineInjection GROUP BY
> tbVaccineInjection.BabyID]. AS MaxInjectionDate ON tbBaby.ID =
> MaxInjectionDate.BabyID
> WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate;
>
> It works, but the number of records it returns are many more than the number
> of records as using the first query. Access doesn't GROUP BY
> tbVaccineInjection.BabyID with Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate), becuase
> it still returns several record for each baby.
>
> I really get very confused with INNER JOIN, LEFT JOIN & RIGHT JOIN. Thank
> you.
0
John
3/28/2010 4:07:41 PM
Hi Stefan,

I rewrite your query in a complete form as:
SELECT tbBaby.*, MaxInjectionDate.InjectionDate
FROM tbBaby
INNER JOIN [SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID,
Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate)
FROM tbVaccineInjection
GROUP BY tbVaccineInjection.BabyID]. AS MaxInjectionDate
ON tbBaby.ID = MaxInjectionDate.BabyID
WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth BETWEEN Me!StartDate AND Me!EndDate;

It works and returns the same number of records as using the original simple
one:

SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID, Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate)
FROM tbBaby
INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection ON tbBaby.ID = tbVaccineInjection.BabyID
WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate
GROUP BY tbVaccineInjection.BabyID;

But Access pop up and request me to eneter MaxInjectionDate, we must have
missed something.
--
Jeff

"Stefan Hoffmann" 來函:

> hi Jeff,
>
> On 28.03.2010 01:01, Jeff wrote:
> > It works, but the number of records it returns are many more than the number
> > of records as using the first query. Access doesn't GROUP BY
> > tbVaccineInjection.BabyID with Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate), becuase
> > it still returns several record for each baby.
> You have included tbVaccineInjection, which is the cause. This should be
> sufficient:
>
> SELECT B.*, MVI.InjectionDate
> FROM tbBaby B
> INNER JOIN
> (
> SELECT VI.BabyID, Max(VI.InjectionDate)
> FROM tbVaccineInjection VI
> GROUP BY VI.BabyID
> ) AS MVI
> ON B.ID = MVI.BabyID
> WHERE B.BabyBirth BETWEEN Me!StartDate AND Me!EndDate;
>

> mfG
> --> stefan <--
> .

Hi John,

Your query works after I correct tbVaccineInjection to
tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate in line 11, but Access returns more records
as using the original simple one:

SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID, Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate)
FROM tbBaby
INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection ON tbBaby.ID = tbVaccineInjection.BabyID
WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate
GROUP BY tbVaccineInjection.BabyID;

I have to checked into it.

--
Jeff

"John Spencer" 來函:

> The query should look more like the following. You join tbVaccineInjection to
> the results from the subquery on both BabyID and the Injectiondate.  That
> limits the records returned for tbVaccineInjection to just those that match
> the babyid and the last injectionDate for each babyid.
>
> SELECT tbBaby.*
> , tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate
> FROM (tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection
> ON tbBaby.ID = tbVaccineInjection.BabyID)
> INNER JOIN
>     [SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID,
>     Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate) as LastInjected
>     FROM tbVaccineInjection
>     GROUP BY tbVaccineInjection.BabyID]. AS MaxInjectionDate
> ON tbVaccineInjection.BabyID = MaxInjectionDate.BabyID
> AND tbVaccineInjection = MaxInjectionDate.LastInjected
> WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate;
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> Jeff wrote:
> > My query returns BabyID and InjectionDate, but I want it returns babies'
> > personal data and InjectionDate. I rewrite it as :
> >
> > SELECT tbBaby.*, tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate
> > FROM (tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection ON tbBaby.ID =
> > tbVaccineInjection.BabyID) INNER JOIN [SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID,
> > Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate) FROM tbVaccineInjection GROUP BY
> > tbVaccineInjection.BabyID]. AS MaxInjectionDate ON tbBaby.ID =
> > MaxInjectionDate.BabyID
> > WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate;
> >
> > It works, but the number of records it returns are many more than the number
> > of records as using the first query. Access doesn't GROUP BY
> > tbVaccineInjection.BabyID with Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate), becuase
> > it still returns several record for each baby.
> >
> > I really get very confused with INNER JOIN, LEFT JOIN & RIGHT JOIN. Thank
> > you.
> .

hi Jeff,

On 30.03.2010 02:10, Jeff wrote:
> But Access pop up and request me to eneter MaxInjectionDate, we must have
> missed something.
I think the problem is the missing alias name:

SELECT B.*, MVI.LastInjectionDate
FROM tbBaby B
INNER JOIN
(
SELECT VI.BabyID, Max(VI.InjectionDate) AS LastInjectionDate
FROM tbVaccineInjection VI
GROUP BY VI.BabyID
) AS MVI
ON B.ID = MVI.BabyID
WHERE B.BabyBirth BETWEEN Me!StartDate AND Me!EndDate;

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/30/2010 9:56:25 AM
Hi Stefan,

Access still pops up and requests me to eneter MaxInjectionDate.InjectionDate.
--
Jeff

"Stefan Hoffmann" 來函:

> hi Jeff,
>
> On 30.03.2010 02:10, Jeff wrote:
> > But Access pop up and request me to eneter MaxInjectionDate, we must have
> > missed something.
> I think the problem is the missing alias name:
>
> SELECT B.*, MVI.LastInjectionDate
> FROM tbBaby B
> INNER JOIN
> (
> SELECT VI.BabyID, Max(VI.InjectionDate) AS LastInjectionDate
> FROM tbVaccineInjection VI
> GROUP BY VI.BabyID
> ) AS MVI
> ON B.ID = MVI.BabyID
> WHERE B.BabyBirth BETWEEN Me!StartDate AND Me!EndDate;
>

> mfG
> --> stefan <--
> .

hi Jeff,

On 30.03.2010 13:38, Jeff wrote:
> Access still pops up and requests me to eneter MaxInjectionDate.InjectionDate.
It must be a typo. Check the spelling of your field and table names
carefully.

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/30/2010 12:00:23 PM
Hi Stefan,
Yes, it's a typo. I finally get it work as follow:

SELECT tbBaby.*, MaxInjectionDate.LastInjectionDate
FROM tbBaby
INNER JOIN [SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID,
Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate) As LastInjectionDate
FROM tbVaccineInjection
GROUP BY tbVaccineInjection.BabyID]. AS MaxInjectionDate
ON tbBaby.ID = MaxInjectionDate.BabyID
WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth BETWEEN Me!StartDate AND Me!EndDate;

Thank you so much.
--
Jeff

"Stefan Hoffmann" 來函:

> hi Jeff,
>
> On 30.03.2010 13:38, Jeff wrote:
> > Access still pops up and requests me to eneter MaxInjectionDate.InjectionDate.
> It must be a typo. Check the spelling of your field and table names
> carefully.
>

> mfG
> --> stefan <--
> .

Thank you, John.
--
Jeff

"Jeff" 來函:

> Hi John,
>
> Your query works after I correct tbVaccineInjection to
> tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate in line 11, but Access returns more records
> as using the original simple one:
>
> SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID, Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate)
> FROM tbBaby
> INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection ON tbBaby.ID = tbVaccineInjection.BabyID
> WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate
> GROUP BY tbVaccineInjection.BabyID;
>
> I have to checked into it.
>
> --
> Jeff
>

> "John Spencer" 來函:
>
> > The query should look more like the following. You join tbVaccineInjection to
> > the results from the subquery on both BabyID and the Injectiondate.  That
> > limits the records returned for tbVaccineInjection to just those that match
> > the babyid and the last injectionDate for each babyid.
> >
> > SELECT tbBaby.*
> > , tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate
> > FROM (tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection
> > ON tbBaby.ID = tbVaccineInjection.BabyID)
> > INNER JOIN
> >     [SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID,
> >     Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate) as LastInjected
> >     FROM tbVaccineInjection
> >     GROUP BY tbVaccineInjection.BabyID]. AS MaxInjectionDate
> > ON tbVaccineInjection.BabyID = MaxInjectionDate.BabyID
> > AND tbVaccineInjection = MaxInjectionDate.LastInjected
> > WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate;
> >
> > John Spencer
> > Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> > The Hilltop Institute
> > University of Maryland Baltimore County
> >
> > Jeff wrote:
> > > My query returns BabyID and InjectionDate, but I want it returns babies'
> > > personal data and InjectionDate. I rewrite it as :
> > >
> > > SELECT tbBaby.*, tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate
> > > FROM (tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccineInjection ON tbBaby.ID =
> > > tbVaccineInjection.BabyID) INNER JOIN [SELECT tbVaccineInjection.BabyID,
> > > Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate) FROM tbVaccineInjection GROUP BY
> > > tbVaccineInjection.BabyID]. AS MaxInjectionDate ON tbBaby.ID =
> > > MaxInjectionDate.BabyID
> > > WHERE tbBaby.BabyBirth Between Me!StartDate And Me!EndDate;
> > >
> > > It works, but the number of records it returns are many more than the number
> > > of records as using the first query. Access doesn't GROUP BY
> > > tbVaccineInjection.BabyID with Max(tbVaccineInjection.InjectionDate), becuase
> > > it still returns several record for each baby.
> > >
> > > I really get very confused with INNER JOIN, LEFT JOIN & RIGHT JOIN. Thank
> > > you.
> > .

Need to Change Column of Telephone numbers to just 10 characters
Hi I imported data from another program into excel. The telephone numbers are in the following format 333 333-3333. How do I change it to just having 10 digits without spaces of hyhens. I need it in this format to export to another system Jen Edit>replace find what -, leave replace with blank, then replace again and this time put a space in the find what and replace with nothing -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jennifer Leen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7923E5C4-B199-464F-B34D-9B3B2C726376@microsoft.com... > Hi , > > I imported d...

Problem in Notes and article.
When I open Notes and Article in a case I often experience that the text is gone. If I close the case and reopen it the text written in Notes and Article is shown again. Any suggestion why this is happening and how I resolve this problem? Best regards Niels Weldingh ...

mde 05-21-10
Hi Everybody, Does anyone know if there is a way of saving an access mdb as a .mde file using code, if there is I would be very grateful of some pointers in the right direction on how it is done. Kind regards, Nick Nick 'The Database Guy' schrieb: > Does anyone know if there is a way of saving an access mdb as a .mde > file using code, if there is I would be very grateful of some pointers > in the right direction on how it is done. http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1031/utility.asp?ItemID=8#8 or SysCmd 603 , "YourMdb", "YourMde" may...

Problems With Excel Spreadsheet
Hello, I am having problems with an Excel 2000 spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is very large, and when I leave the spreadsheet open for about 10 minutes, 12 of the rows, accross the page of the spreadsheet will collapse or overlap. I will close the spreadsheet, making no changes and reopen the spreadsheet and the spreadsheet look normal. What could be causing the collapse or overlapping of the rows? Thank You Video driver up to date? Check the manufacurers web site for more current version. Possible the system is attempting to start the screen saver and failing? tompenn wrote: > Hell...

Money 2005 rounding problem on IRA's
Hi, When I set up my Roth IRA on Money 2005, my $2,000 investment becomes $1999.99. Is this a rounding problem, and how do I fix it? Thanks, Gary You don't really give enough information to answer for sure. (Was it one investment or multiple? What was it invested in? Is it an Investment Account? Etc.) Probably the way you fix it--given my guess of what your issue is--would be to edit the buy transaction and delete the share price and reenter the total value. You may have to delete all four of shares, share price, total value and commission and then go back and re-enter everyth...

Moving spreadsheet rows with photos Problems in Excel 2007
I have an inventory worksheet in Excel 2002. There is a photo in one cell in each row that needs to move with the row. I formatted each photo to move and size with cell, and had no problems. Have just had to change to Excel 2007. I can move the row by cut and insert cut cells, and the photo moves with it. BUT the problem comes with the rows above the cut cells - the photos move down into the blank row left by the cut row when moving to another sheet- so the photos left are not with their original rows and descriptions. I have looked at all the options that I can find (steep learning...

MFC based client server application query?
Hi experts I have developed an client server application using MFC sockets support. The server is a dialog based application & the client is an SDI application. I am having problem with sending data from client to server. After starting the server application, i start the client and try to connect & send data to server using the following code. void CMainFrame::OnConnect() { CSimpleSDIsockclientApp *pApp = (CSimpleSDIsockclientApp*)AfxGetApp(); int res = pApp->ClientSocket.Create(40000); if(res) { MessageBox("Client Socket at port no. 40000 Successf...

Outlook 2003 News Reader problems
I'm having problems getting the news reader to work with Outlook 2003 Professional.... It works once and then fails and seems to point to this directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 That is when it shows up in the Go menu... most of the time the link is not there... Any ideas... I hate having to use OX to view newsgroups... sort of defeats the purpose... Steve You hate "having to use OX to view newsgroups?" What did you think you were using before? OE has always been the news reader for Outlook. Configure it as such in Control Panel > Internet option...

Interesting problem encountered (Restore)
Hello all Running exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003. I recently restored an online backup from last night to a RSG on the exchange box. This all went well. I then had to recover a mailbox from the RSG that had been purged from the original DB, (this mailbox is on the tape) To recover this mailbox I created a new storage group, and a maibox store in the storage group. Once this was done i copied the RSG databse to the newly created storage group and mailbox store. I waited a few minutes for replication, and then mounted the store. I could see the milbox that i need to recover, i right c...

Money 2005 & Gainskeeper Problem
I upgraded to Money 2005 Small Business Edition. I also signed up for the 1 year free Grainskeeper offer. A probelm exits when trying to import mutual fund activity from Money 2005 into Gainskeeper. The Gainskeeper program only recognizes stock equity transactions and not mutual fund transactions. Any and all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks--JJ ...

Convert datatype using query
I have create a query which combines two tables; ASSETS and UNITINFO. The UNITINFO table is linked from another database and the ASSETS table has a field that looks up a field called UNIT # from the UNITINFO table. Both fields are called UNIT # but the datatype on the UNITINFO table is set to Text and the UNIT # field on the ASSETS table is set to Number since it is a lookup field. I cannot change the datatype on the UNITINFO table to Number as the field contains both numbers and text. So when I ran my query that I created to pull data from both tables it gave me an error bec...

NDR Problem #2
Hi All, I have a problem. In my installation of Exchange in SBS 2003 whe I use Outlook such as client everything is ok. If I use Outlook Express (or different client using standard SMTP) when I mistake the email address I do not receive the NDR from the server. Some suggestions? Thanks Bonato Pierantonio P.S. I use the same windows account for outlook and express Hi, by default exchange SMTP service is deliver a NDR, you can check under the SMTP Virtual Server or the routing group (Delivery Advanced), if something changed from the defaults you can see it over there. Cheers, N. -- ...

help with crazy problem
Hi, I'm building an application using MFC in Visual Studio 2003 on an XP machine. I am building the executable to use MFC as a static library. I use API calls somewhat liberally in the app. When I copy the app over to a Win98SE test system and attempt to run it, a call to CreateFile fails with the error code 87 (ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER). I have tried every combination of flags that I can think of, and it still fails. I put Visual C++ 6.0 on the 98SE test system (wouldn't let me put VS2003 on there), and created a test app and I'm hard pressed to find a combination of flag...

Problems viewing the Address Book using Outlook Express
Hello, I'm using OE6 and I would like my address book to be displayed in the lower left hand side of the window. I'm not having any luck trying to get it back. I go into the "View" menu, but there is no option for that. Can someone help? Thank you. This is not an Outlook group, not OE. The programs are not related. As I recall, you'd need to use View > Layout to display your Contacts, but I haven't seen OE in years. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108C5F33-DE91-4B36-A227-1...

Problem Accessing Service Calendar & Knowledge Base
Hi, I'm having a problem accessing the service calendar & Knowledge Base. I have CRM version 3.0, I also recently reformatted my PC to a fresh install of XP Pro SP2. I has not worked on my PC since, however all the other users can acces these fine. I would appreciate some help. This problem can occur if you have the Outlook CRM client running. Try closing Outlook and all web browser windows, then opening the web browser and connecting to CRM. If this still doesn't work, try deleting all cookies on the machine -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

Memory Problem
I have a macro that runs many iterations, but after what I think is relatively few iterations, I get an "Out of Memory" message. Using the application.memory property in a macro, I find that I have 1 Mb of free memory out of 2.3 Mb total. Is there any way I can increase my memory? Lionel Lionel Fridjhon wrote... > I have a macro that runs many iterations, but after what > I think is relatively few iterations, I get an "Out of > Memory" message. > Using the application.memory property in a macro, I find > that I have 1 Mb of free memory out of 2.3 Mb tota...

Access Deleting a Query SQL
Hi all, I am working with a multiple parameter search query. The form I am using to conduct the search displays the results in a subform. I have gone through and really combed through the SQL to make sure there are no blatant spelling errors or incorrect references within the code. Anyways when I open the form that it is attached to, I keep getting the boxes described in this website http://allenbrowne.com/bug-13.html .. The form is open, and I even changed names of fields in the table in case SQL was choosing to be picky about what I named my fields. Is there anything else that would cau...

problems with receiving email with outlook 2003
I have outlook 2003 with business manager contact. I can send my email but I can not receive. Can anyone help me? I have all of the updates so far. When did this start happening? Have you ever been able to receive email? What error messages (if any) are you receiving? What service (ISP) are you using? Have you contacted them concerning this problem? These are some question we need to know in order to point you in the correct direction. Michael D. Alligood MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc., CIW Certified Instructor "bigmouth44@hotmail.com" <bigmouth44@ho...

Member already exists problem
Hello, I'm having a problem with a database where I get the member already exists issue that has been talked about in other posts. I have <REM> out the code and it still gets me the error so its probably an issue with the sub naming, but I am at my wits end with this. I have changed the name of the combo box, Deleted the procedure and re-entered it again, made sure that it said events procedure in the box, have done a search for similarly named subs and only found the one that is giving me the error. My code is as follows, but like i said i have disabled the code with just the cli...

Problem 02-01-08
Ive got gmail(google mail) and ive thried to use pop3 be in vista on outlook express it don't work help!! Hi Jamie, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. I suggest post your question to the applicable Vista newsgroups available below: Windows Vista discussion groups: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/ http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html ______...

Problem in opening OL2007
I have Office 2007 (Enterprise Edition) installed on a netbook, running Windows 7. Outlook was working fine until suddenly, upon trying to start OL, I get an error message saying "Cannot start MS Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window". I have tried to repair the installation (from the Control Panel, using the Repair Function in the Programs section) but the problem persists. Does anybody have a clue what could be done? I would hate to have to completely remove Office and reinstall it. An uninstall/reinstall is unlikely to cure a configeration problem Tr...

Clip and paste problems in 2007
I've had Pub. 2007 for about 2 mos. now. When I clip and paste from Word to put in a Pub document, I would do it like I always did and it would appear automatically in my Pub. document. Starting yesterday, I see nothing. So I go to up to EDIT>Office Clipboard and there it is waiting nicely. I then hit paste and get what I want. This is an uncessary step I don't want as I do a lot of transferring from one program into another. I have rebooted, and all that stuff to no avail. Any ideas why this new step suddenly popped up? May I add that when I copy a new item and try to direct...

Re-installation of RPC HTTP proxy feature leads to big problem in
SBS 2008, being the odd duck that it is, moves certain virtual directories from the Default Web Site to the SBS Web Applications site during installation. Among the vdirs moved are the RPC and RPCwithCert vdirs that are critical to Outlook Anywhere. These vdirs are associated with the RPC HTTP proxy feature. Now, if the RPC HTTP proxy feature is removed and then added again in SBS 2008 using Windows Server Manager (which the last time I looked was part of SBS 2008), the RPC and RPCwithCert vdirs are put in the Default Web Site and Outlook Anywhere in a one cert installation is br...

Problems with Microsoft Office templates
I have trying for several days to download the Personal Budgeting template from Miccrosoft Office Excel. Each time I attempt to do this I receive a message from Microsoft saying that there is a problem with the Microsoft Office server and I am asked to try later. How long is this problem likely to last? Is it an indication that I have a problem with my computer? I have Microsoft Office 2000 installed. Any advice from someone who has had a similar problem would be appreciated. Make sure your computer is not blocking cookies from the website. I had a similar problem and allowing cookies ...

Ms
I've been struggling with this for some time now and hope that I'm missing something simple. Is it possible to switch the source of a table in MS-Query. The situation. I've created large excel data tapes (150+ fields) which are populated from a SQL Server view via MS-Query. My company has decided to move these views onto a different server. The view I will be using will be the exact same only coming from a different location. Is there an easy way to modify the source of data in MS-Query without rebuilding the entire thing? Please tell me yes. ;) Any help will greatly be ...