GS	GPYD10C165.00	165
GS	GPYP10P165.00	165
GS	GPYB10C160.00	160
GS	GPYN10P160.00	160
GS	GPYB10C165.00	165
GS	GPYN10P165.00	165
GS	GPYB10C155.00	155
GS	GPYN10P155.00	155

I am trying to find a query (if it is possible) to show records where:

Underlying=AAPL and StrikePrice is between 150 to 160 (inclusive)

OR

Underlying=GS and StrikePrice is between 160 and 165 (inclusive)

My actual query will have more Underlying (total of 50) with associated
StrikePrice ranges.

The output would like like this:

Underlying	        ID	       StrikePrice
AAPL	APVA10C155.00	155
AAPL	APVM10P155.00	155
AAPL	APVD10C155.00	155
AAPL	APVP10P155.00	155
AAPL	APVB10C155.00	155
AAPL	APVN10P155.00	155
GS	GPYA10C160.00	160
GS	GPYM10P160.00	160
GS	GPYA10C165.00	165
GS	GPYM10P165.00	165
GS	GPYD10C160.00	160
GS	GPYP10P160.00	160
GS	GPYD10C165.00	165
GS	GPYP10P165.00	165
GS	GPYB10C160.00	160
GS	GPYN10P160.00	160
GS	GPYB10C165.00	165
GS	GPYN10P165.00	165

Thank you in advance.

Hi Carl,

Sounds like you could use a Query By Form (QBF).

Hope that helps...

"carl" wrote:

> A sample of my data table looks as so:
>
> Underlying	     ID	      StrikePrice
> AAPL	APVA10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVM10P155.00	155
> AAPL	APVA10C160.00	160
> AAPL	APVM10P160.00	160
> AAPL	APVA10C165.00	165
> AAPL	APVM10P165.00	165
> AAPL	APVD10C160.00	160
> AAPL	APVP10P160.00	160
> AAPL	APVD10C165.00	165
> AAPL	APVP10P165.00	165
> AAPL	APVD10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVP10P155.00	155
> AAPL	APVB10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVN10P155.00	155
> AAPL	APVB10C160.00	160
> AAPL	APVN10P160.00	160
> AAPL	APVB10C165.00	165
> AAPL	APVN10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYA10C155.00	155
> GS	GPYM10P155.00	155
> GS	GPYA10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYM10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYA10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYM10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYD10C155.00	155
> GS	GPYP10P155.00	155
> GS	GPYD10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYP10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYD10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYP10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYB10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYN10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYB10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYN10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYB10C155.00	155
> GS	GPYN10P155.00	155
>
> I am trying to find a query (if it is possible) to show records where:
>
> Underlying=AAPL and StrikePrice is between 150 to 160 (inclusive)
>
> OR
>
> Underlying=GS and StrikePrice is between 160 and 165 (inclusive)
>
> My actual query will have more Underlying (total of 50) with associated
> StrikePrice ranges.
>
> The output would like like this:
>
> Underlying	        ID	       StrikePrice
> AAPL	APVA10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVM10P155.00	155
> AAPL	APVD10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVP10P155.00	155
> AAPL	APVB10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVN10P155.00	155
> GS	GPYA10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYM10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYA10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYM10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYD10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYP10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYD10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYP10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYB10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYN10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYB10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYN10P165.00	165
>

> Thank you in advance.

Carl,

If I understand the last part of your post correctly, you will eventually
have 50 different values of field [Underlying] with associated ranges.  If
this is the case, I would recommend you create a new table (tbl_Qry_Ranges)
with fields (Underlying, RangeStart, RangeEnd).  Fill in the values of
Underlying, RangeStart and RangeEnd in this table, then write your query
something like:

SELECT *
FROM yourTable as T
INNER JOIN tbl_Qry_Ranges  as Q
ON T.Underlying = Q.Underlying
and T.StrikePrice >= Q.RangeStart
and T.StrikePrice <= Q.RangeEnd

You cannot create this join entirely in the query design grid, but you could
create it with equal joins between all of these fields, then go to the SQL
view and change the equalities to inequalities.

You could also write it like:

SELECT *
FROM yourTable as T
INNER JOIN tbl_Qry_Ranges  as Q
ON T.Underlying = Q.Underlying
WHERE T.StrikePrice >= Q.RangeStart
AND T.StrikePrice <= Q.RangeEnd

or

SELECT *
FROM yourTable as T
INNER JOIN tbl_Qry_Ranges  as Q
ON T.Underlying = Q.Underlying
WHERE T.StrikePrice between Q.RangeStart AND Q.RangeEnd

----
HTH
Dale

"carl" wrote:

> A sample of my data table looks as so:
>
> Underlying	     ID	      StrikePrice
> AAPL	APVA10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVM10P155.00	155
> AAPL	APVA10C160.00	160
> AAPL	APVM10P160.00	160
> AAPL	APVA10C165.00	165
> AAPL	APVM10P165.00	165
> AAPL	APVD10C160.00	160
> AAPL	APVP10P160.00	160
> AAPL	APVD10C165.00	165
> AAPL	APVP10P165.00	165
> AAPL	APVD10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVP10P155.00	155
> AAPL	APVB10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVN10P155.00	155
> AAPL	APVB10C160.00	160
> AAPL	APVN10P160.00	160
> AAPL	APVB10C165.00	165
> AAPL	APVN10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYA10C155.00	155
> GS	GPYM10P155.00	155
> GS	GPYA10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYM10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYA10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYM10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYD10C155.00	155
> GS	GPYP10P155.00	155
> GS	GPYD10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYP10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYD10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYP10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYB10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYN10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYB10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYN10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYB10C155.00	155
> GS	GPYN10P155.00	155
>
> I am trying to find a query (if it is possible) to show records where:
>
> Underlying=AAPL and StrikePrice is between 150 to 160 (inclusive)
>
> OR
>
> Underlying=GS and StrikePrice is between 160 and 165 (inclusive)
>
> My actual query will have more Underlying (total of 50) with associated
> StrikePrice ranges.
>
> The output would like like this:
>
> Underlying	        ID	       StrikePrice
> AAPL	APVA10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVM10P155.00	155
> AAPL	APVD10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVP10P155.00	155
> AAPL	APVB10C155.00	155
> AAPL	APVN10P155.00	155
> GS	GPYA10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYM10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYA10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYM10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYD10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYP10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYD10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYP10P165.00	165
> GS	GPYB10C160.00	160
> GS	GPYN10P160.00	160
> GS	GPYB10C165.00	165
> GS	GPYN10P165.00	165
>

> Thank you in advance.

You need to create a table of your Underlying with StrikePrice ranges like
this --
   tblWithStrikePriceRange --
Underlying LowPrice HighPrice
AAPL         150        160
GS            160        165

Use this query --
SELECT YourTable.Underlying, ID, StrikePrice
FROM YourTable, tblWithStrikePriceRange
WHERE YourTable.Underlying = tblWithStrikePriceRange.Underlying AND
tblWithStrikePriceRange.StrikePrice Between tblWithStrikePriceRange.LowPrice
AND tblWithStrikePriceRange.HighPrice;

--
Build a little, test a little.

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:08:01 -0800, carl <carl@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>A sample of my data table looks as so:

>I am trying to find a query (if it is possible) to show records where:
>
>Underlying=AAPL and StrikePrice is between 150 to 160 (inclusive)
>
>OR
>
>Underlying=GS and StrikePrice is between 160 and 165 (inclusive)

SELECT Underlying, ID, StrikePrice
FROM yourtable
WHERE (Underlying = "AAPL" AND StrikePrice BETWEEN 150 AND 160)
OR (Underlying = "GS" AND StrikePrice BETWEEN 160 AND 165)

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
carl wrote:

>A sample of my data table looks as so:
>
>Underlying	     ID	      StrikePrice
>AAPL	APVA10C155.00	155
>AAPL	APVM10P155.00	155
>AAPL	APVA10C160.00	160
>AAPL	APVM10P160.00	160
>AAPL	APVA10C165.00	165
>AAPL	APVM10P165.00	165
>AAPL	APVD10C160.00	160
>AAPL	APVP10P160.00	160
>AAPL	APVD10C165.00	165
>AAPL	APVP10P165.00	165
>AAPL	APVD10C155.00	155
>AAPL	APVP10P155.00	155
>AAPL	APVB10C155.00	155
>AAPL	APVN10P155.00	155
>AAPL	APVB10C160.00	160
>AAPL	APVN10P160.00	160
>AAPL	APVB10C165.00	165
>AAPL	APVN10P165.00	165
>GS	GPYA10C155.00	155
>GS	GPYM10P155.00	155
>GS	GPYA10C160.00	160
>GS	GPYM10P160.00	160
>GS	GPYA10C165.00	165
>GS	GPYM10P165.00	165
>GS	GPYD10C155.00	155
>GS	GPYP10P155.00	155
>GS	GPYD10C160.00	160
>GS	GPYP10P160.00	160
>GS	GPYD10C165.00	165
>GS	GPYP10P165.00	165
>GS	GPYB10C160.00	160
>GS	GPYN10P160.00	160
>GS	GPYB10C165.00	165
>GS	GPYN10P165.00	165
>GS	GPYB10C155.00	155
>GS	GPYN10P155.00	155
>
>I am trying to find a query (if it is possible) to show records where:
>
>Underlying=AAPL and StrikePrice is between 150 to 160 (inclusive)
>
>OR
>
>Underlying=GS and StrikePrice is between 160 and 165 (inclusive)
>
>My actual query will have more Underlying (total of 50) with associated
>StrikePrice ranges.
>
>The output would like like this:
>
>Underlying	        ID	       StrikePrice
>AAPL	APVA10C155.00	155
>AAPL	APVM10P155.00	155
>AAPL	APVD10C155.00	155
>AAPL	APVP10P155.00	155
>AAPL	APVB10C155.00	155
>AAPL	APVN10P155.00	155
>GS	GPYA10C160.00	160
>GS	GPYM10P160.00	160
>GS	GPYA10C165.00	165
>GS	GPYM10P165.00	165
>GS	GPYD10C160.00	160
>GS	GPYP10P160.00	160
>GS	GPYD10C165.00	165
>GS	GPYP10P165.00	165
>GS	GPYB10C160.00	160
>GS	GPYN10P160.00	160
>GS	GPYB10C165.00	165
>GS	GPYN10P165.00	165

You need another table with fields for the Underlying, its
low strike price and high strike price.  Then you can use
SQL view to create a query like

SELECT Underlying, ID, StrikePrice
FROM yourtable As T INNER JOIN StrikePriceRange As R
		ON T.Underlying = R.Underlying
			And T.StrikePrice >= R.LowStrikePrice
			And T.StrikePrice < R.HighStrikePrice

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

restoring GP 10.0 32-bit into GP 10.0 64-bit
Hello: We are going to install GP 8.0 on a 32-bit server in-house and restore a client's 8.0 data into these SQL databases. Pretty cut and dry. Next, we will upgrade this in-house server from 8.0 to 10.0. Continuing, we will install GP 10.0 on the client's new 64-bit server. Finally, we will restore the upgraded 10.0 databases from our in-house 32-bit server to the client's 64-bit server. Here's the question. Is there anything "wrong", from a technical standpoint, in restoring SQL databases from a 32-bit environment into a 64-bit environment? Thanks! chil...

Query Problems
I have a table of ecards that is populated from a website and includes receiver, sender, and Team leader. The problem I am having is names can be entered into the table like this "Tom Thumb", but Team leader is a dropdown menu that is constant and lists name like this: "Tom S. Thumb". When I make a query to find all the members of Tom S. Thumb's team, I get everyone except Tom Thumb, who is member too. Tom Thumb has his own higher team leader, so I can't change that. How do I get Tom Thumb to be included when I enter "Tom S. Thumb" as Team Leader? ...

Excel web query returns no data
When I enter a web addreess into IE it shows the page When I set up a web query in Excel it allows me to select the relevant tables, but then returns no data The same Excel query worked on previuous versions of Excel Web address for query http://www.bmreports.com/servlet/com.logica.neta.bwp_PanBM DataServlet?param1=T_CNQPS- 4&param2=&param3=&param4=&param5=2001-04-01&param6=* Any help appreciated ...

Query to Mail Merge issue
I am running Access2003 on WinXP SP2. I send out dues letters for members of a retiree group. When I try to do a mail merge to my Dues Query all goes fine except the telephone number in the query which is (555)555-1234 comes out 5555551234. If I copy the query into an excel spreadsheet and use that as the datasource for the mail merge it works fine. Is there something I need to do to format the query so it merges with the right format. Thanks Billa In the query format the field to include the parentheses and dash. In query design view, instead of the field name put an expression alo...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Export query to Excel with formated heading
When export from query to Excel, I'd like to turn some columns into heading row on top of Excel sheets how to turn this: LastName FirstName SID Section Instructor Doe John 1234 0545 Su Doe Jane 2345 0545 Su into this? Class Roster Instructor: Su Section: 0545 LastName FirstName SID Doe John 1234 Doe Jane 2345 I think one way of achieving this would be to create a report in Access where you would group under instructor with the students in the detail section. From the report you can then use the analyze with Ex...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

Need to convert point on screen to various screen resolutions
Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X 768 and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the screen. Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will tell me the TWIPS to find that button? I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X 480 etc. http://www.applecore99.com/api/api012.asp -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Donna YaWanna" <diy@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:%23HMLEWW2...

Test 04-05-07
Test -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ...

Sales for Outlook Installation 10-24-05
I'm having trouble installing CRM sales for outlook. The installation errors literally on the point of finishing. The message is "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for microsoft crm sales for outlook". I have searched the knowledge base and newsgroups to find any info on this matter but at the moment I have struggled to find any signifcant information. The pc used is running XP pro SP2. Thanks for any assistance in advance ...

Query Criteria issue
Access 2003: Trying to create a demographics report that will allow the following. Gender example On the form "frmStudentDemographics" is a drop down field named "cboGender" When the user makes a selection "Male" a report is generated for only Males. But in some cases the user will want to run a report for both (all) genders. So I added a check box next to the drop down named "ckAllGender" My idea is that if that box is checked then the report will show information on Both (all) genders. So in the query that generates the report, in the c...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

Spontaneous 'Compile Error' In Queries
I've got a half-dozen queries that contain this expression: IssuerName: IIf(IsNull([tblIssuer].[IssuerID]),"[Issuer Unknown]",[tblIssuer].[IssuerName]) Haven't touched any of them, but suddenly they were all throwing "Compile error. in query expression 'IssuerName: IIf(IsNull([tblIssuer].[IssuerID]),"[Issuer Unknown]",[tblIssuer].[IssuerName])'." tblIssuer.IssuerID is still there in a link. My kneejerk was to somehow force recompiles of all the queries, so I did a Compact/Repair. After the compact/repair, all was well: the errors went away. C...

installing GP 10.0 on workstations only
Hello: I understand that you can install GP 10.0 and forego installation of the application on the server. If you choose to go that route, then how do you path to SQL during the first-time run of GP Utilities when you create the company databases? I mean, if you install GP on the first workstation without installing GP on the server at all, you have to tell GP the path to the database (in the Database Setup window). Can you use UNC pathing in that window or do you have to use mapped drives? Also, what sort of security do you need to create the databases from the workstation? Domai...

Macro Question #10
Hi, I am working with a text file that I imported into Excel. It is a transactional report of sales by customer. The data will have the customer number and name spread out over three cells. What I want to do is to create a macro that will contatenate all three cell and then perform a paste special and paste them into another cell in another column. Since the number of transactions by customer can vary the customer name and number can appear anywhere on the page. I created a macro to do this using the first customer which appears in cell B5 through D5. The next customer appears...

Need Help
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

corrupted PST file
Hi, I have Outlook 98, running on XP, on a PII 400Mghz Dell desktop. My PST file is about 1.95GB. It has been running extremely slow, and has had to be restarted a bunch of times in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it gave an error that the PST file was corrupted, and that PST file need to have the Inbox Repair Tool run on the file, and then the system restarted. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST, and it did not work. I am totally unable to use the file, which has all my critical contacts and emails. If someone could help out, I would be MOST grateful.... I pulling my friggin ...

Extender problem with GP 10
Hi all, I setup a Dynamics GP 10 system for a customer. The system is used from HRM staff. I used Extender to add a number of extender windows and detail windows. On the Sever all users can access the extender windows but when they login on a separate terminal server (with a client installation) the Extender windows are not accessible. Only the Extender Detail Windows can be seen. When trying to go to the windows all users including sa get the following message: "Not all required fields have been entered for the window <window name>." I went in the extender and opened ...

Do you need MS Access to query on an Access table?
I'm asking these questions because I have looked at a lot of stuff in the discussion groups and still confused. I am fairly good at Excel programming but haven't been able to get Excel and Access to talk. First, I have Office 2003 Professional at work and Office 2003 without Access at home. I want to work on developing Excel programming at home which will get data from Access to Excel with either MS Query or with programming. Is it possible to just have the .mdb files on the home computer for Excel to work with, or do I need the Access program too? The info I want ...

bug in Excel 2003; need to install Excel 2002
I have Office 2003, and I found a bug in Excel 2003. The linear regression results using Excel 2003 differs with that of Excel 2002 for some cases. How do I can uninstall Excel 2003 (and install Excel 2002) without affecting the other Office apps (like Word 2003 and Powerpt2003)? Hi Excel 2003 has solved some bugs/errors with statsitical functions. So I would guess the 'new' result are more correct than the old ones -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Speqter" <Speqter@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:451EE055-7023-4C3B-B816-829BA9FC6E...

Combining two types of functions. Select Query and DLookup
I would like to write a code that performs the following action: 1. If the value in a comboBox Project Number is 19912 2. Perform a select query on comboBox Task Number and comboBox National Site ID 3. If the value in a comboBox Project Number is not 19912 4. Perform a select query on comboBox Task Number and a DLookup () on comboBox National Site ID I tried the code below but it's not working. Any ideas on how to do this? If Me.cmbProjectNumber.Value="19912" then cmbNationalSiteID.RowSource = "SELECT DISTINCT [National Site ID] FROM [InScope Table] WHERE [Proje...

Need help in generating a report.
I have a spreadsheet (Sheet1) that summarizes all of my contracts. Column A contains the name of my clients for whom I do several jobs for. Column B contains the name of the contract. Column C contains a flag to indicate the job has been completed. Column F contains the profit/loss amount for that job. I only have a handful of clients but several contracts with each. On Sheet 2, I would like to have a report that sorts all of my contracts by clients, along with the name, amount each one made or lost, and then have a total for each client. The report should look something similar to this.....

NEED HELP/SQL UPGRADE/PLEASE!
Tried to upgrade to 2.0 last night, and am running into a major difficulty getting SO Admin to talk to SQL Server 2005. My error message is "SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Connection open (Connect())" I have been on the phone with Microsoft Tech Support for most of the day (and we have been running the store without a computer, which is no mean feat). Have installed and removed SQL 2005 several times, checked to make sure everything is running and started, that everything that is supposed to be is enabled.....any insights out there? By the way, it would be a goo...

Macro help needed #3
I'm learning macros at the moment and thought I'd venture to write one which I needed myself but I could do with some help, since I spent hours today trying everything that occured to me and searching the internet when I should be studying since I've an exam on macros tomorrow. I import an list of people from the internet by using a web query in excel (labelled provisions) I selected a group using the first letter of the last name and used record macro to copy the selection and paste the values into another worksheet labelled with that letter, eg labelled A. At the end of the m...