query 06-07-07

my query is  about studentinfo

0
mail

Updating a database 08-22-07
Hello, I use to work with a database I created; I run this database in a little business of mine and I use to work in the database in my house. Usually I add new tables, forms, queries and reports in my house and then I go to my business and import the new things. But when I make too many changes it becomes complicated. Does anybody know some way to do this updating process in a better way? Thanks and Regards, Ibrahim -- Ibrahim You should be working with a split frontend/backend database. The backend databse has just your tables and would remain at work. The frontend database has al...

Search Function with queries
Hi guys, new user to access 2000 and i am trying to create a search query that will allow me to enter in a value and return that value. The part i am having trouble with is i need to do this for many fields and if i use the method i came up with, when i leave a entry empty using the "AND" function i get nothing and when i use the "OR" function i get all the values for both. maybe you guys can help me get in the right direction. this is the command i am using in SQL: SELECT [Chain Machine prod Machine list].Description, [Chain Machine prod Machine list]...

Can't send or receive 07-27-10
I set up Windows Mail to my gmail account. I've double checked the settings, and they are correct. I got the following message when I tried to send an e-mail: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address ...

Work Hours 10-25-06
Hi there, I want to change the default work hours setting for users of the system. At the moment they are set to work all day everyday of the week. Realistically I want this to be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. Is there any way I can change this using customization and have it apply to all users? Pergaps it is a system setting I can change rather than customize? Many thanks, Mark Mark, Go to Settings | Business Unit Settings | User and select a user (can also go Service calander and then select the user from there as well) Then view the Work Hours, and select Set Up | New Weekly S...

Nz function in query
Hi All, the query below shows an error if any of the date in / date out entries in the table are empty. How can i impiment the Nz function to stop this. SQL from query... SELECT Employees.[First Name], Employees.[Last Name], Format([Normal start Time],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Normal Start Time], Format([Normal End Time],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Normal End Time], Format([scan time in],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Scan Time In], Format([scan time Out],"h:mm AMPM") AS ['Scan Time Out], Format( [Scan Date In],"dddd dd,mm,yyyy") AS ['Scan Date ...

macro query disable download failure
Hello, I have a macro which retrieve different queries from the web. It happens that a resource at that moment isn''t available. If this happens the querie gives a message which said unable to open http://webpage This message i don't want to display (other routines herefor). I use "Application.DisplayAlerts = False" but this won't help. Can anybody help me with this problem. Thanks ...

how do i create subset and union in XPath Query

Access 2003 query to Excel 2007 problem?
I have a query that I'd set up a while back for a user on an Access 2003 db. The main table has keys that point to other tables (schools and departments). She needs the results in Excel, so we have been exporting it directly to an excel file (v97-2003), which has been working just fine. However, the other day when I was working with her on this year's stuff, we'd run it once as a test, it worked fine, then I made a minor change to add a field, and re-ran it, and got quite different results. The first time we ran it, the resulting Excel file had "resolved" the k...

Installing Visio 07 on Vista
I KNOW I'm not the first one to get this but Google doesn't have a lot to get this to work. I've got Office07 Pro Plus on my Vista box, I put the Visio 07 Pro CD in and attempt to run setup only to be greeted by 'The language of this installation package is not supported by your system' error. So....I have the latest OS, Office package and now trying Visio but nooooo....Bill and his boys have to block me from using their own sw. Anyone know the fix/workaround for this? And yes, I've uninstalled/reinstalled Office 07 - though I really shouldn't have had to. ...

Import Access Query to Excel
I am trying to import MS Access Query to Excel. I tried with "Data --> Import External Data --> Import Data" but I found two issues. First, "Select Table" lists only 5 of 15 query tables I made. Second, data range only displays column headings, no record. Both Access and Excel files are on local drive. My computer is on domain network and I heard there is a security issue with Import External Data within domain environment. However, I used to do this on my previous employment within domain environment. I appreciate any help! Thank you! Jonathan Kim Jonathan, wh...

Rank Query With Groups (Array?)
Hello, I have a table of data with grades which are grouped by study. I need to rank the grades relative to all the other grades in the same study. Below is an example the study and grade fields with the desired outcome for the rank. Study Grade Rank 11111 89 1 11111 75 2 11111 65 3 22222 99 1 22222 87 2 Hopefully this can be done with simple SQL in a query and not with code but I am open to anything that works. Many thanks in advance for your time and expertise! Try this -- SELECT Study, Grade, (SELECT Count(*) FROM YourTable AS [XX] WHERE You...

Web Query File Reference
Is there a Web Query File (.IQY) Format Reference anywhere? Thanks, - Vlad ...

Routine to run/export queries
Looking for some links to examples that do the following (or something close): 1. user would create a whole bunch of queries themselves (using Access) 2. form that lets the user runs these queries to display results and/or export 3. Would be good if user could select multiple queries and get multiple resultsets to display or be exported to an excel file with multiple worksheets. Example: user selects 5 queries and wants an excel file made with 5 tabs with the 5 different outputs of the queries, or the outputs of the 5 queries show in a form with multiple tabs in Access (hide...

JavaScript Error 07-06-05
We just installed the CRM to evaluate it and we are getting the JavaScript error "Permission Denied" on the bottom toobar. It works with the Windows 2000 machines, but not our Win XP SP2 machines? Is there some sort of security setting we need to set? Any help would be appreciated. For anyone else who is looking I finally found it on MSDN. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870635 "Brian Linden" <brian@ineedadip.com> wrote in message news:uauICYlgFHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We just installed the CRM to evaluate it and we are g...

windows media player 02-07-10
when trying to play a dvd this message appears. windows media player cannot dvd video. I have installed decoders. How can i get it to play my dvds On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:29:01 -0800, lmorris <lmorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when trying to play a dvd this message appears. >windows media player cannot dvd video. >I have installed decoders. >How can i get it to play my dvds Do you have suitable DVD decoders ? Only a subset are media center compatible (the feature you need to look out for) DecCheck for XP, and the Vista VMCD utility can help here : ...

Still unable to run successful query
I've used the IFF suggestions given but it returns only Not Active results. I'm working on a case problem that reads: Create a query to display all matching records from the tblProgram and tblMember tables, selecting the ProgramType and MonthlyFee fields from the tblProgram table, and the FirstName and LastName fields from the tblMember table. Add a calculated field named MonthlyFeeStatus as the last column that equals Active if the MembershipStatus field is equal to Active and equals Not Active otherwise. -- jj Assuming MembershipStatus is a string (varchar) data field,...

Can't receive mail 07-29-10
I have problems receiving mail. I've worked through the trouble shooting guidelines and nothing works. I get a Windows Security box requesting user name and password but entering the details doesn't fix the problem The strange thing is that sometimes after I have gone in and reentered details in the Accounts Properties - Server tab it will down load them BUT NOT EVERY TIME. The Error message below is the most common one that I get. Account: 'mail.bigpond.com', Server: 'mail.bigpond.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] account is...

Query Help Please
I have a relational db with a Client Table and a Project Table. The Client table holds general info that usually doesn't change. The Project table has a record for each project we've done for the client, and contains a Manager field. The manager could change from year to year. I want to show by current manager all the other projects for that client (regardless of who previous manager was). Current manager is just the manager on the latest project. I'm guessing I need a query of a query, but I'm stumped. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Do you hav...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 07-05-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:15:20 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:26:44 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:03:30 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 606 Total No. of Characters...: 1707259 Total Volume..............: 1667 Messages Per Day..........: 86.6 Characters Per Day........: 243894.1 Average Daily Volume......: 238 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Help Using APPEND Query
Hi, I'm looking to create a "LOG" table. This table will contain 4 fields; 1. SessionID - AutoNumber 2. DateTime - Text 3. User - Text 4. AccessLevel - Text Very simple. Purpose: I can eventually (6months or more from now) create a report to see if more staff/users/admin are accessing the system and what times they are accessing the system, am/pm etc. I have created a public function which determines and returns the username I have created a public function which determines and returns a string identifying their access level. "Student" "Staff" "Adm...

Reinstalled Office 07: Now can't do merge to email
Hi guys, every Friday I send out a message to about 100 emails. This week I had to reinstall Vista and Office 07 and now I can't get emails to go out. The merge happens in that I can see the names being filled in but basically the messages don't get sent. They are not appearing in my outbox or sent mail. I'm on an Exchange server, but that's not new. Grateful for advice so I can get this message out urgently. Thanks in advance Jo On Jul 24, 1:48=A0pm, Boppy <therealbo...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi guys, every Friday I send out a message to about 100 emails. This > ...

Activity Report/Query Questions
Im trying to get a report out of CRM (whether Crystal or Advanced Find) that will pull all of the contacts that have not had an activity associated with them in the past year. Maybe it's me but i just cannot seem to find a way to do this. This must be a common thing that most companies use so Im figuring it must be possible. Has anyone done a data pull like this before and if so what did you do? Thanks for any help Robert Both advanced find and Crystal reports using the Crystal Enhancements for CRM use fetch XML for queries -- and this is the limiting factor in the type of quer...

Partial match for query criteria
Hello, I am trying to create a query that will deliver results based on matching only a part of the text in a table field. For example, if I have a table that contains the names, address and phone numbers of 10,000 businesses but I only want my query to show me businesses that have the word "National" in their name, how would I do that? I'm not sure how to set up the criteria. Thanks for your help! Use the Like operator with wildcards. In the 'criteria' row of the business name column in query design view enter: Like "*National*" Or you can use a ...

Customization 06-23-06
Hi, I have a CRM 1.2 version, i need make some modifications: 1. Sum 2 fields(textbox's) and show in another textbox in the oportunnity form. 2. change textbox field "Probability" in Read-only status. How i do this???? Please, help me... a friend said, "create a Calculated fields", How i do this?? or what is the real solution for this problem?? CRM 1.2 only supported client side code for the onchange event in picklists. You could sum the two fields behind the scenes using a callout. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery....

Query
I have crated a parameter query where I have a last name field and a first name field from the same table, and want them strung together to be shown like this Doe, John. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? In query design view enter this is an empty field "block": FullName: [Last Name] & ", " & [First Name] In SQL view SELECT [Last Name] & ", " & [First Name] as FullName FROM SomeTable John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County OceanBreeze wrote...