queries written inside MS-Access are getting deleted

Some of the queries I have written inside MS-Access are getting deleted
automatically. And while I run the queries through code, I get this error

'Query should have one destination field'

Explanation: I created a query in MS-access. Ran it from the code. Closed
the database. Started it again, and now for that particular query, it is
showing 'SELECT ;' only. Strange. I am in panic mode now

What can be the possible reason?

My first thought is that the database file is corrupt. Unfortunately it's a
type of corruption that Compact and Repair probably won't fix.

Open a new database file. Import everything from the problem database into
it. If something refuses to import, it is corrupt and you will need to
rebuild it from scratch. See if that fixes the problem.

Also if you have Compact on Close enabled, disable it. I've seen it cause
similar problems.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

Harish wrote:
> Some of the queries I have written inside MS-Access are getting
> deleted automatically. And while I run the queries through code, I
> get this error
>
> 'Query should have one destination field'
>
> Explanation: I created a query in MS-access. Ran it from the code.
> Closed the database. Started it again, and now for that particular
> query, it is showing 'SELECT ;' only. Strange. I am in panic mode now
>
> What can be the possible reason?

Show us the code used to run it.

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

0
Bob
12/2/2009 4:12:59 PM
If your mdb file is corrupt.You may try Advanced Access Repair at
http://www.datanumen.com/aar/ This tool is rather useful in salvaging
damaged Access MDB files.

Wangdong

0
wangdong
12/10/2009 8:43:50 AM
wangdong <wangdong@datanumen.net> wrote:

>If your mdb file is corrupt.You may try Advanced Access Repair at
>http://www.datanumen.com/aar/ This tool is rather useful in salvaging
>damaged Access MDB files.

1) You are an employee of such a company

2) You should be disclosing that fact more openly.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CFile (delete file)

open two different Access reports

number rounding in MS Excel

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Web query timeout setting.

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Getting the BCC field by default.

compact database in VBA access 2007

Getting rid of selection

LDAP Write access?

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Workplace Queues

MS Access 2007 code not running

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...