Queries in Replicated Database

I have a database that is replicated.  It has been working fine.  I designed
5 new queries.  When I right click and bring up the properties, the option to
make the queries replicable is no longer lit.  I have not had any problem
before adn all other queries are replicable.  What have I done that resulted
in these new queries not being replicable?

Realistically, the other ones shouldn't have been replicated.

Replication is only intended for data in tables, nothing else. Your
application should be split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms,
reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables
and relationships). You can replicate the back-end, and simply give everyone
a new copy of the front-end.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"CAMaslin" <CAMaslin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a database that is replicated.  It has been working fine.  I
>designed
> 5 new queries.  When I right click and bring up the properties, the option
> make the queries replicable is no longer lit.  I have not had any problem
> before adn all other queries are replicable.  What have I done that
> resulted
> in these new queries not being replicable?

0
Douglas
2/11/2008 10:25:16 PM
"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in

> Realistically, the other ones shouldn't have been replicated.
>
> Replication is only intended for data in tables, nothing else.
> Your application should be split into a front-end (containing the
> queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end
> (containing the tables and relationships). You can replicate the
> back-end, and simply give everyone a new copy of the front-end.

Queries are pure Jet objects, so can be safely replicated.

But the vast majority of your queries should be in the front end, of
course, not the back end, so your basic point is correct.

It sounds like the queries are being created in a replica, instead
of in the DM.

David

Calculating time in query
Hi there, I'm searching for some help with my query. I'm making access to be my administration program for my freelance job. I've made a table with a row 'starttime' and a row 'endtime'. Now in my query I want to calculate the difference between these two rows. And then I want to make another query to calculate the totals of these differences. Is this a logic way to do this? And I'm trying to make a expression to calculate the difference but with no luck. The result is something like this: 3,2515785. I've found a kb article but I still can't figu...

Connect CRM to other databases
Hi I'm working on a customization on the 1.2 RTM version. I have created a ..NET web application and deployed it into the CRM system. I access my app through the Opportunity object where I've added a link to my custom app in the left menubar on the Opportunity form. My custom app retrieves data from the CRM database but I also need to retrieve data from other databases located on different machines( but within the same domain). Testing my project on my local machine works fine whereas I can successfully retrieve data from CRM and other databases. But when running the custom a...

Query File As
My Table Fields First Middle Last Suffix Need the new field in the qurey Will be FileAs: What is the expression so that FileAs displays Last (space) Suffix (if not null) then a (,) and a (space) then Fist (space) Middle Can anyone give me the correct expression for this so I can copy and paste from your reply Thank You from Marsman Try this -- IIF([Last] Is Not Null, [Last] & IIF([Suffix] Is Not Null, " " & [Suffix], "") & ", " & [First], & " " & [Middle], "") -- Build a little, test a little...

Query based DL ?
Upgrading from E2K to E2K3. By default there is a All Groups Address List were all of the Dl are nested. When you create a new Query Based DL it does not show up in the All groups List but does under the GAL. The reason is the filter string for the All Groups DL does not contain the (objectCategory=msExchDynamicDistributionList) attribute. I wanted to add this additional filter to the default All groups Address List but it is greyed out. Sure if I create a new All goups I can edit to my hearts desire. Is there a way to edit the default All Groups Address List??? ...

Converting Access 2000 database to Access 2007
Hello, I converted Access2000 database to Access2007. And it does not work properly at all. There are windows XP and, Ms office2007 loaded on my computer. The directory with Database is Trusted. Activated is option "Show message bar in all applications where content has been blocked". Activated is option “Enable all macros” Activated is Show all actions in macro Design. First I cannot get rid of yellow triangles (with exclamation) in the beginning of macro rows for some actions like: Echo, SetValue, Close…… SetValue row (with yellow triangle) is not executed. The ...

RMS 1.2 database size
I just checked the database size in my POS (we use MSDE) and found that the size is 41 MB, available 1.74 MB and usage is 96%. I check the help file and MS customer source if this is a problem but did not find any hits. Is this something that I need to monitor and increase when the usage is this high? Also is there an option to tell SQL how much memory it could/should use (like in SQL server)? I have enough free disk space and a total of 2GB of memory on my 2.66GHz system. It just appears that my POS application should be a bit faster on this hardware. Gerd wrote: > I just chec...

Sample Database Installation
Hello I am trying to install the sample database in a testing environment. When I open the wizard, I select "Install the sample data from: Default path" and I get this message: The wizard could not retrieve the list of organizations. Verify that the organization exist in the Microsoft CRM server. What does this mean? how do I fix this? Thanks, S.R. ...

Replicating a Chart with new data
I have formatted a chart using a specific data set referring to one enterprise. I want to duplicate / replicate that same chart for a second and third etc enterprise from different data on the same worksheet. I want to have a series of separate cgarts within the workbook all dynamically linked to the data sheet. I hope this is clear - I amtrying to save time by not having to reformat every new chart as there are 47 of them! Hi Patrick, You could copy the chart, then select the data series and change the range that is referred to. Or you could build a chart that refers to a range in th...

Can't edit SQL question in MS Excel/Query
Hello, I'm running Win2k SP3, Excel 2000 SP-1 and have created SQL questions that fetch data from an Oracle 8i DB via ODBC. Sometimes (or actually quite often) I can't edit the SQL questions in MS Query. The MS Query icon just flashes in the taskbar and disappears. Any wiz got any idea what can be done about it? Regards Hans Hans I'm not sure about the MS Query icon you are talking about in the taskbar but the way I can get to MS Query using Excel 2000 and connectiong to Oracle database is choosing 'Data' followed by 'Get External Data', and then choosing '...

Writing an IF statement in Microsoft Query
I'm querying our Oracle data to Excel and can't seem to get a formula return as a new field. I need the proper way to write this sequence: IF(RM.RM_STD= "LOCKER",50,RM.RM_AREA*RMSTD.COST_OF_SPACE) Which would basically say that if the room standard is a locker, we charge $50 - otherwise, take the room area and multiply it by the cost per square foot. But it doesn't matter how I write it...it's not working! HELP??!!! hi MS Query uses SQL and in SQL, you have to use the SQL IIf instead of the vb IF. and the IIf statement goes in the MSQ SQL stateme...

Users write to database
Im using visio viewer to allow users who dont have visio to view my docs. Can i allow users to update the database though using this method? there is a reason they call it a viewer and not visio.... al "Shazza" <Shazza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81D75466-8C50-467A-843E-F6A60B8D2ABE@microsoft.com... > Im using visio viewer to allow users who dont have visio to view my docs. > Can > i allow users to update the database though using this method? ...

Simple Access Query/Form Question
Hello all, I know this may be a stupid question but i'm a newbie to Access. Here the background on what I'm designing. I'm creating a database to track special orders for our store customers. Employees enter information about the order including customers name, contact information, item to be ordered and etc. The main form has multiple check box to note if the customer has paid, the order has been placed, arrived, when the customer was notified and when the customer picks up the item. I'm looking to create a query that checks the field to see if a specific check box is checke...

2nd Posting
Haven't had an answer to this one, so I'll try again, I really need some pointers: I've got a query that I'm not sure how to develop. My tables: Quotes - QuoteNo, RaisedBy, Customer QuoteItems - RecordID, QuoteNo, PartNo, Lifecycle, Value There's a one-to-many relationship between Quotes and QuoteItems, i.e. one quote can have many items. I need to run a query to show a list of quotes with totals from the QuoteItems table i.e. QuoteNo, RaisedBy, Customer, List of PartNos, List of Lifecycles, TotalValue I haven't got a clue how to start this, I know it needs to b...

2 questions about connectors and replication
We are currently running an exchange server that replicates to another exchange server in Frankfurt, Germany. It has been setup in Exchange and the DNS records so that anyone sending or receiving email goes through the german server first and our server second. What we would like to do is sever the replication and host our own email without going through them first. My first question is whether or not there is anything I need to do as far as our exchange server goes, besides removing the "frankfurt" connector and adding a new local connector? The second question is what is ...

Difference between sum and groupby in query time
Can you help with this one? SUM fails - Data type mismatch in criteria expretion SELECT [Time Keeping Base Report].[First Name], [Time Keeping Base Report]. [Last Name], Sum([Time Keeping Base Report].[Total Hours]) AS [SumOfTotal Hours] FROM [Time Keeping Base Report] GROUP BY [Time Keeping Base Report].[First Name], [Time Keeping Base Report]. [Last Name]; works ok SELECT [Time Keeping Base Report].[First Name], [Time Keeping Base Report]. [Last Name], [Time Keeping Base Report].[Total Hours] FROM [Time Keeping Base Report] GROUP BY [Time Keeping Base Report].[First Name], ...

Which reporting (other) database table/view for determining which projects a resource has been made a team member?
Given that I have an the resource uid, I want to know which projects this person is team member on (regardless of whether they are assigned tasks or not). Which database? Which view/table? Which columns? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Andy: Have you downloaded the SDK which contains the data dictionary for the RDB? -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com <anovak@unt.edu> wrote in message news:4e084587-ea85-4fa1-b349-dea3dbed037d@e27g200...

Help Needed Badly
I have idea either it was virus or the power failure. my system crashed and when it was re-started the database file is gone and am left with a file named "Database" I have tried to open the file and am getting the following errors ID IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE and another error I get is PARENT ID NAME IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE Pls pls pls someone help me recover the data. Help needed extreemly urgent Thank You aamer Please Also Note Am Using Access 2007 "Aamer" wrote: > I have idea either it was virus or the power failure. &...

MS QUERY COL HEADINGS
I have a query from Excel into a SQL2000 Database. I have some calculated fields like datepart and also some combined fields. The resultant query is retrieved without headings on calculated Columns. Also using a field with AS statement does not work and after saving the query and accessing again, the AS portion is gone. Example: I enter: ihead.invoice_no AS 'Invoice', save query, query returns column with heading of invoice_no. Look at SQL again and it shows ihead.invoice_no , Just putting a space where the AS 'Invoice' was. Probably a flag or setting, can't fin...

Grouping and Renaming Fields in Crosstab Queries
Hello, I have built a crosstab query showing counts by crew numbers for a basis of a graph that will be shown by only 'Inside' and 'Outside'. I would like to group together in the crosstab all the 'outside' crews i.e. Crew 1,2,3 and show them all together in the crosstab as 'Outside'; conversely, I would like to group together 4,5,6 and show them all together as 'Inside'. Is anyone able to provide me with the expression to do this. Thank you It surely might help if you post your crosstab SQL. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little &quo...

Countif Query
Hi All. I got a query today. I really hope you'll be able to help. I have a list of ages, and i want to count how many people are between the ages of 29 and 40. I though that the countif function would work but to my despare i couldn't get it to work. could someone please help me. It would be much appreciated. Thanks Dewald dewald Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A250>=29)*(A2:A250<=40)) Andy. "dewald" <loverboy_04@msn.com> wrote in message news:blea50$3ls$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Hi All. > > I got a query today. I really hope you'll be able to help...

Number records in a query
Hi everyone - I am hoping someone can help me out with a problem that I am having. I have a table that contains customer account information, basically what securities they own. I am trying to create a query that will number (from 1 to n) the records belonging to each account number, basically giving me the following: (New Field) Account # Security Number 1 1 1 1 2 2 1 3 3 2 1 ...

The existing databases are not compatible
All, I am unable to install MS CRM with my SQL DB backups. I have setup a new MS CRM Test Server with following things: Windows 2003 (with SP2) Installed AD (its a different domain) SQL 2000 (with SP4) Restored Old database (mdf and ldf backups) to the new SQL Database. I am getting below error message while installing MS CRM as i am connecting my existing database which i had restored from my live (Production) CRM. Error message: The existing databases are not compatible with this installation of Microsoft CRM. I will highly appriciate for your early response. Thanks, Syed. SQL &am...

Massive Date Replication (Probably Easy)
Hi guys, probably basic question but, this is what I need. I have 50 rows of a date in Column A, for example, 1/1. I need 50 rows of each day in the year, so 50 rows of 1/2, 50 rows below that of 1/3. What formula would I use to pull this off? Thanks! T -- tgilbreath ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tgilbreath's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24083 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376892 One way: =DATE(2005,1,1+INT((ROW()-1)/50)) Copy down. Alternatively: A...

This database size has exceeded the size limit of 18 GB.
Hi All, I recieved the message above in the Event Viewer on Exchange server 2003. Updated to SP2, added an entry to the registry "Database Size Limit in GB" = 80 to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\EXCHANGE\Private-78c1025c-3e2a-4396-baf7-a7bd0f0e0079 Key. But I am still getting the above error. Any suggestions will be apreciated. Thanks, Doug On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:16:03 -0800, DotNet <DotNet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, >I recieved the message above in the Event Viewer on Exchange server 2003. >Updated to SP2...

Sum Query
My table name is trade - it has 5,000,000 records. I would like all fields in the table to be displayed in the qury result. For each Date and c=Customer, I need to sum Qty. I think this is easy but cannot get it to work. Thank you in advance. SELECT Trade.Customer, Trade.[Date], Sum(Trade.Qty) AS SumOfQty FROM Trade GROUP BY Trade.Customer, Trade.[Date], ORDER BY Trade.Customer, Trade.[Date]; You may need to plug in the correct table and field names. Also if the Date field include time, or it isn't an actual Date/Time datatype, you may get some strange results. With 5 milli...