Prevent the table modification message in action query

--
Wendy

"Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote nothing in message

See:
    Action queries: suppressing dialogs, while knowing result
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-60.html

Allen

errors with form or query acrivated
Just converted from Access 97 to Access 2002. Here's the problem: User defined expressions (may be only text expressions) or fields show errors when a form or query window is activated or deactivated. The query will not refresh. For example, we are having trouble with the SSN in the Grants database. We haven't seen the same problem in other applications, but we haven't specifically looked for it. To be more specific: The Object Form_ParticipantsToProgramCycle has a listbox which contains a last name and a user defined expression that formats the Participants SSN i.e. 1...

Same Email message to recipients
Hi I have to each month send out notification to my customers who use Euros about the exchange rate for the coming months (its about 10 people). I know its not much but what a pain it is to send individual emails. As its each month as well I haev to try and remember who the euro peeps are What also i dont want them to see is each others email addresses as they are competitors. SO my question is, how do I send out one eamil to a group of recipients without them seeing who else it has gone to? If it would be appropriate, keep all of them in "BCC". Otherwise you ...

forwarded messages
I have been using outlook 2007 for many years but recently noticed that when I receive a message that has been forwarded I only receive part of the message in the body of the email. A better part of the message appears in the file attachment box as an ATT000.htm file even though it was part of the body of the original message. (Assume that the previous email which is being forwarded was a series of send and reply messages) Is there a setting to allow me to see the entire message without opening these ATT000.htm files individually???? -- Skippyego http://forums.slipstick.com ...

how do i calculate 10% of a total in an access query
I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!! Increased Price: ([YourField] * .1) + [YourField] -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "confussed student" wrote: > I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a > 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!! On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:13:10 -0800, confussed student wrote: > I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a > 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do...

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Change background color of query results from access in worksheet
Hi, I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an Access DB and selected a query. I chose "Table" view. The query results now appear in my worksheet which is great. However, I want to change the background. Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a darker blue. I want the results to have a white background with black borders but have been unable to change the format. If I go to Home and select No fill for a color background nothing happens. Is there a way to change the query results? Thanks, Could be the r...

When form closes it creates a blank record in the table
I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks in advance <MichaelJohnson168@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f63293f9-caa7-4450-bacf-e844c6d5b9c4@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have a form that links to a table called 'Suppliers'. Whenever that > form closes it automatically adds a blank record to that table. Is > there a way to prevent that from happening? If it only happens when you had the form on a new (blank...

error message exiting outlook 2003
On exiting Outlook 2003, I get a message that says "The instruction at 0x7c910f2b referenced memory at 0x0bcd5c4c. The memory could not be read" Any ideas? -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com Does this also happen when you disable your add-ins? What is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Offic...

Validation rule to prevent overlapping time periods
I have a table: InactID-AutoNumber PreceptorID-Number InactStart-Date/Time InactEnd-Date/Time I don't want records that have overlapping time periods for a PreceptorId. I tried: [InactStart] < (DLookUp("[InactEnd]","tblInactive","[PreceptorID]=" & [PreceptorID] & " and [InactID]=" & [InactID]-1)) but found that the DLOOKUP function was not permitted in a table validation rule. Any suggestions? You won't be able to use a table validation rule here. Instead, use the BeforeUpdate event procedure of the *form* where the data...

Any guess on what is limiting my incoming messages?
Hello, We are running exchange 2003 SP2 enterprise on Windows 2003. I can't seem to get large e-mails through - e.g. 15MB. I have plenty of space free on the server, I have limitations on my mailbox under active directory that I see, I tried disabling any restrictions in recipient policies in exchange system manager and I don't see any under the smtp settings under system manager In the default SMTP virtual server, on the messages tab, make sure the 1st 2 options are not checked or set for a size greater than 15 MB. In the recipient policies, go to the mailbox manager page...

Message Tracking: Client IP
Hello, using message tracking center on my Ex2003 server i found that there is no ability to track originating server from which message has been sent through the GUI. But this information present in the tracking log files. And after saving tracking result in the .xml i can see that there is info about originating server. Could you please tell what is the possible reason of such behaviour? And another question. Is there ability to log events such as connection created/received to/from other smtp hosts to the windows application log like in EX55? When i try to swithc on Diagnostic log...

Preventing CFrameWnd derived resizing
Hello fellow newsgroupies, I have some CFrameWnd derived classes (both child and popup windows) which display various CView derived windows. I want to prevent them from being resized (larger or smaller) but still allow them to be minimized and 'maximized' back to their fixed sizes. How can I do this? Do I have to modify the views, the frames or both? Many thanks in advance, 'Newsgroupie' England There are several ways to do this: (i) handle WM_GETMINMAXINFO .. void CMyFrame::OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO* lpMMI) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call de...

Pivot tables, linking to a named range as a source to a pivot table
I have created a main worksheet within the same workbook of many pivot tables, and I want to use this same worksheet as the source of information to these different pivot table sheets off of which I create charts. I want to use a named range because there are over 4,000 rows in this main worksheet. I am not sure if I need a "=" to start the reference or what to do. I thought I should just use nameofworksheet!database if I name the range "database", but when I point and click to the sheet, it is just inserting the name "database" without the name of the...

How to prevent breaks in sentences within a paragraph when email
When I type a paragraph within an email, it looks great, even after I've added words to the sentence, or changed the sentence structure. Then I send the email, and sometimes send it to myself, but the sentences and paragraph are chopped up, and the idea doesn't "flow" like I wanted it to. Any suggestions on how I can keep the sentences together so they make more sense? I have looked at every option in "Tools", but haven't found a solution. Thanks. Are you using HTML or plain text? HTML will generally keep the same formatting while plain text ...

outlook 2000 error message with roadrunner
Can some one please help.... I just signed up for road runner and I am not able to send or recieve emails through outlook. The message that I get is ... a time out occured while communicating with the server. (Account: pop-server.houston.rr.com, SMTP Server;'smtp- server.houston.rr.com', Error Number 0x800ccc19) Have you called Roadrunner support to make sure your settings are correct? lynn wrote: > Can some one please help.... I just signed up for road > runner and I am not able to send or recieve emails through > outlook. The message that I get is ... > a time o...

Query
How could I force the query results to output to a specific format/template? The reason for this is that certain values don't exist in certain date ranges within the data pool. I need those values to be included in the query results anyway. I have tried linking another query(tried a table also) with the template to the query that calculated the results. Is there something I should consider when doing this? A better way? Thank you Erik Create a new query that includes the table that contains the domain of values you want to appear in the output and join that table to the existin...

Receivables Error Messages
I have the following error messages; can anyone help? 1. An open operation on table 'GL_DP_Distribution_Temp'failed because the path does not exist. 2. Unhandled database exception; A save operation on table 'ASI_SQL_Info' has caused an unknown error (48) Hi Tony, We received #1 error today for the first time. Looking forward to resolution. "Tony F" wrote: > I have the following error messages; can anyone help? > > 1. An open operation on table 'GL_DP_Distribution_Temp'failed because the > path does not exist. > > 2. Unhandled ...

Error message 646
I've been trying for MONTHS to get 4 security upgrades for Office 2007 to install. They are: KB978832 KB978380 KB976416 KB974561 I get this same error code EVERY time. Other updates install, it is just these 4 that are stuck. Can anyone help? I've tried installing them all together, one at a time, two at a time - all to no avail. "Kaz" wrote: > I've been trying for MONTHS to get 4 security upgrades for Office 2007 to > install. They are: > KB978832 > KB978380 > KB976416 > KB974561 > > I get this same error code E...

Messages Recovery Miscrosoft Outlook 2000
How Can I do recover a messages deleted permanent ? The messages was sent to delete messages and then this folder was empty You can try the following; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c8a01c49202$c2b9e890$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How Can I do recover a messages deleted permanent ? The > mes...

Sorting table automatically
I have a set of results which are collected into a table B3:AB23. The data is then sorted by the following macro below. I would like the table to be automatically sorted without me having to use the Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+y 30-50 times a day. Can this be done? Sub League() ' ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+y ' Range("B3:AB23").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C4"), Order1:=xlDescending, Key2:=Range("J4") _ , Order2:=xlDescending, Key3:=Range("H4"), Order3:=xlDescending, Header _ :=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, Mat...

Problem with "New Message to Contact"
I've created an Exchange public folder, which contains 50 contact folders. (This allows us to allow different regions access to just their customers.) I want to send a mail message to a group of customers. So I highlight all the contacts with e-mail addresses, go to the Actions menu and choose "New Message to Contact". I get the following error: "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." I am the owner of the folder! This method works in a different Exchange public folder, just not in our customer folders. It does...

Form that changes dafualt value in a table
Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value in field “price” is $2.00 I want to be able to change it to $3.00 by typing it in my form without have to going to the table design view. So if you got some code for my command button please reply. Thank You! On Dec 13, 8:44 am, Jone <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be > able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value i...

Blank Email messages are being received
(1) When the attachments go missing on replied messages,I hope the client settings were set to include attachments in replies This setting was set to include the attachments in the replies. (2) Are there any error messages in the application event log of exchange? I've looked for events that might indicate a problem, but I don't really see anything relevant. (3) How often does this happen ? The frequency is very random and not wide spread, initially, I thought that this was a user error until I witnessed a couple of users experience this problem first hand. 4) Is there an...

SBS2003, Exhange2003
Jus tint he middle of setting up mailbox limits, but i was wondering if there was a way to change the message that is sent to users if they go over there limit. I have a list of instructions that may make my life easier, showing the users what they have to do. Any help would be appreciated Regards Adrian Fairhurst On 08 Oct 2004 09:34:26 GMT, Adrian Fairhurst <adrian.fairhurst@pcc.uk.net> wrote: >Jus tint he middle of setting up mailbox limits, but i was wondering if >there was a way to change the message that is sent to users if they go over >there limit. > >I ...

lookup table
I have a workbook with two worksheets in it. the first is a list of items a description and a purchase month, the other is a table by month. I an looking to create a method where I can select from a dropdown a product and it will populate the table on the second sheet. Any suggestions? Hi Without getting too complicated, I would suggest using a pivot table, which is designed to summarise data. You can find it under the Data heading. An introduction can be found here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm Andy. "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...