Please Help: compare values in two columns present in seperate tab

Hi All,

How can I compare values in two columns (columns are in different tables) ?
I also want to display the values that dont match in a seperate table.

For eg:

If values in Column1 from Table1 does not match Values in Column1 from
Table2 then display those values in a seperate table

Is there a way to do this?

THanks in advance

Under query types, there is one for unmatched data and one for matched.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

"sam" wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> How can I compare values in two columns (columns are in different tables) ?
> I also want to display the values that dont match in a seperate table.
>
> For eg:
>
> If values in Column1 from Table1 does not match Values in Column1 from
> Table2 then display those values in a seperate table
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> THanks in advance

loop through pivottables columns and rows
I have a pivot table that have 2 columns that I need to loop through and read both columns and each items of each columns...the pivotitems only allow reading one column...does anyone know how to programmatically read both columns? Thanks You can loop through the column fields and their items: Sub test() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) For Each pf In pt.ColumnFields For Each pi In pf.PivotItems Debug.Print pf.Name & " - " & pi.Name Next pi Next pf End Sub hpham77 wrote: > I have a pivot ta...

Suppressing categories with 0 values
Hi all I'm trying to build a dynamic chart for sales data. The output file contains two columns, A and B. Column A contains categories, i.e. Apples, Oranges, Pears, etc.,. and B contains sales data, i.e. 5, 0, 10, etc.,. respectively. The ouput data comes out monthly. Some months will contain sales from all categories, some ten, some fifty. I want the chart to only graph categories with non-zero values, i.e. if there are 100 categories and only 30 with sales numbers there is no point in showing the other 70 categories with zero values. I can format column B with zero values to show ...

Creating a chart with varying data value ranges
I have a chart that I want to show home price data with. The chart will have data that has very significantly varying data values. For example, one line graph will be 50-100, one will be 400,000 to 500,000, one will be 90% to 110%. I would like to show these line graphs on one chart. How to I make a chart with differing ranges on the x (vertical) axis? Take a bit of seutp work, but the end result here is impressive: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/PanelUnevenScales.html BTW, the vertical axis is the y-axis. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Anthony Blackburn&quo...

How do I modify the value of a checkbox in a word document using C
Hi all, I am a bit of a newbie at C# and am trying to set up a document that I will be modifying based on values from a database. I am using a word document, because it is the "official" reporting form required by my company. I can open the document, and write to bookmarks that I am setting in each table field, but I need to know how to manipulate a checkbox. Can anyone help me? I have edited this post because I have added some other code. The document file I am using is a document that has everything inside a table. I have bookmarked all the text locations, and...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

Need help converting date time to date only
I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in m attachment. I want to convert this column in to date only. Pleas help. Thanks Geng Attachment filename: sales - open orders test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without looking at your file you could use the following formula in a helper column =INT(A1) and format this cell as 'date' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in ...

How I can print full text bigger than column, in repeat column
When I print statements with repeat columns in excell which have text bigger than repeat columns, complete text is printed on all sheets except first sheet. How I can overcome this problem? I want to print complete text in repeat columns, which is expanded to other columns which are blank. ...

I want a formula to ignore text values in cell references
If text is input into some cells referenced by a formula I want the formula to ignore whatever text it finds and just calculate the result of the numbers in cells. How do i do this? Presently the formula displays #VALUE! where there is text in one or more of the cells referenced. Use ISNUMBER(): In place of A1 use =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,"") -- Gary''s Student "Russellrupert" wrote: > If text is input into some cells referenced by a formula I want the formula > to ignore whatever text it finds and just calculate the result of the numbers > in cells...

PocketPC Outlook help
I am a new user to PocketPCs and I am trying to sync Inbox information from one computer to another. Is there a way to sync inbox information to another computer without having to delete partnerships or not having the inbox sync at all with another computer? Hi - Not sure what you mean by "from one computer to another" - do you mean you're trying to sync your PDA to more than one computer? Note that this can often cause problems and lost data. Probably best to post in m.p.pocketpc for more help.... Frank wrote: > I am a new user to PocketPCs and I am trying to sync &...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

Copying text value based on long (comlex) calculation
I am not sure how to even search for what I want to do, so please forgive me if my first post has been discussed and resolved ad naseum in the past... Here is my situation: - I have a workbook that contains multiple sheets. - Each sheet contains auto parts from different suppliers, sorted by part number. - Some suppliers have parts that overlap with each other and the various sheets are updated as pricing and availabilty of parts change. - I am using a combination of the VLOOKUP and MIN functions to determine which supplier has lowest cost based on a comparison of part numbers and price ac...

Help with macro #5
The following macro puts the file names on the worksheet that has the command button. How can I put the file names on a different worksheet? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim FN As String ' For File Name Dim ThisRow As Long Dim FileLocation As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False FileLocation = "C:\Documents and Settings\nc1\Desktop\TAS forms\*.xls" FN = Dir(FileLocation) Do Until FN = "" ThisRow = ThisRow + 1 Cells(ThisRow, 1) = FN FN = Dir Loop End Sub ...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

PLEASE HELP
Hi, In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes outlook to not respond and closes down. Please Help Me. Kara This is the obv. but have you try to repair OL, its under your help Item on your menu bar my 2 cents "Kara Johnson" wrote: > Hi, > In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes > outlook to not respond and closes down. > Please Help Me. ...

how do I get the x-axis to plot values rather than categories in .
how do I get the x-axis to plot values rather than categories in Excel By using an XY rather than a LINE chart -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Boggins" <Boggins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D963E4D-93C3-4E8A-83F1-A51943ED4CAA@microsoft.com... > how do I get the x-axis to plot values rather than categories in Excel ...

rows and columns in spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way, in Excel, that I can merge cells, rows, or columns, like I can in Numbers? Many thanks for your help. ...

Excel Version When Posting Please State Your Excel Version!!!
On Jan 8, 6:58=A0pm, "Tyro" <T...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Subject: Excel Version When Posting Please State Your > Excel Version!!! And Please Include Your Questions and Comments In the Body of Your Posting!!! Not just in the subject line, even if it simply duplicates the subject line. Some news readers truncate the subject line. Some news servers do not permit you to reply to articles with empty bodies. Some news servers seem to reject such articles when they come in from the network, or perhaps the originating news server does not push them into the network. That ...

how can I change the a,b,c, column headers in excel to names
I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated You can only show A,B,C...,IV or numbers: 1,2,3,...,256 But you could put your names in Row 1 and then select A1, then select A2 and click on Window|Freeze panes. espray wrote: > > I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, > etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated -- Dave Peterson ...

Sort Using Different Columns
I am trying to compile a list of sales by customer and total purchases by that customer in a series of months. I have column a as a master list of customer names. Column B is going to be the charges for that customer in lets say may. Column c is going to be the charges for that customer in June. The problem I am having is that not all customers have charged from us in the same months so when I bring my data into this worksheet it contains the customer name in one column and the charges in another. Doing this does not allow the customer names for one month to line up with the next m...

Variable Column Sort
I need to aIphabetize columns with a set start column, but a variable range for the end column. Thanks, Bern ...

Guys i need your help
I dont seem to find the way how i can do this report which i really need . I need to have a report that can print only 3 records , this i was able to achieve but the issue is that i need the report to be able to print either 3 consecutive records where i specify the first record and the others be consecutive or else ( this i also need) be able to chose the 3 different records . Guys i hope i gave a good explanation Thank you -- Access For Fun See if this example helps: http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=48&Number=1028860&Zf=f48&Zw=batch&...

help...on changing the system administrator role.
The system throw me an error for system admin role when i click save. the rest of the roles, i can save. why ?? the trace stack is as below : [COMException (0x8004140b): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004140B.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizSecRoleClass.ReplacePrivileges(CUserAuth& Caller, String RoleId, UInt32 Count, CRolePrivilege[] Privileges) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Role.UpdatePrivileges(String roleId, String privilegeXml, Int32 mode) +387 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Role.InternalUpdateAndRetrieve(String id, String xml, String columnSet) +170 Mi...

Filter data from two worksheets from same excel file
i have a set of account numbers in 2 worksheets( created at diff dates). i want to find out the ones which are not there in the earlier. Both worksheets are saved in a single file. The account numbers are of 11 digits and the each sheet contains hundreds of such account numbers To compare entries in Column A of sheet2 with entries in Column A Sheet1 in your sheet2 (new column G) enter in first data row(say G2)) =COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,Sheet2!G2)=0 and Copy down as far as is needed FALSE = These values are on Both Sheets TRUE = These values Are NOT on Sheet1 "anu" wrote: > i...