Pivot Table view of Union Query

Dear All,

I can see what I need at the Pivot Table view of a Union Query.
However, this cannot be correctly exported to Excel.

Although there is a function of "Export to Microsoft Excel",
however, all "detail data" in Access was gone - leaving only the count of the
data in Excel.
How can I show all these detail data in the data area of the Pivot Table?

Alternatively, is it possible to copy the Pivot Table in Access
and then paste in Excel? I cannot see any Select Rows commands in the pull
down menu.

Thank you very much.

Hong

hongluen

Pivot tables in Excel
Yippee, I am so happy, I finally figured out how to trick excel into not showing the blank cell in a pivot table without limiting my data set! In the Pivot table layout move the field from row to page. Then double click on the field and click on the "blank" to hide it. Move the field back to row and hit finish. It seems like you always have to "trick" MS software to do what you want. ...

Build Dynamic Query from Form
I am trying to build a dynamic Query from a Form. I keep getting an error that reads ‘Object qryFilter already exists’ I suspect it has something to do with the string of dates being passed to the Query; strDateCondition = "([Trades].[TDATE] Between [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboFrom] And [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboTo])" I am trying to add a means for a user to Query by Customer and Trader AND all records between two dates. This was working fine for Customer and Trader; when I added in the code to filter by dates I started having problems. I know the SQL will be li...

Form for table
Here's the problem: Access 2003, XP Pro- I have three tables that are related by primary keys. I have a table[Table QC] that has the field [EmployeeID], the data type is number--that field is linked to the autonumber primary key of the Employees Table. So far so good. I am trying to make a form that has a combo box that looks to the Employee Table to get me the drop down of the employees (Last Name, First Name). The SQL statement builds out okay, and I get the correct name config., but because the data type is a number it won't accept the data. I looked at the Northwind example and i...

outlook contact view
Normally while viewing inbox window in the left hand lower area I have a contacts list. Somehow it got deleted from view and I cannot find where to open it again. thanks for the help You must be using Outlook Express, as Outlook does not have this option. In Outlook Express, go to View | Layout and check the Contacts box. For future reference, please note that this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as...

Pivot Table formatting #6
When I format my pivot tables I have "preserve formatting" checked under "PivotTable Options", and "Autoformat Table" unchecked. Even so, I either lose portions of my formatting, or different formatting is applied when I refresh. Does anyone know what I am doing incorrectly or have any other suggestions? Thanks, Phil Other things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. --Instead of selecting the cells to format the numbers, right-click the field but...

Count unique values
Hi, I've some problems to count unique items (Invoice #) in a pivot table. There is the default solution "Add-a-new-calculated-column" as mentioned on http://contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique, but in my case, it doesn't works. My problem is, that these values aren't in a Excel worksheet; it's a external data source - a SQL-Select via DAO/ADO. Because of that, I don't have the possibility to add a new column. Another reason is, that the pivot table should always be dynamic: Group over this field, group over another field - and always show the number of unique...

Subform in Datasheet View
Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not* show the "button-like" row that shows the field names? -- Thanks, tbl No there isn't. If you create a continuous style form, you can eliminate the headings. You can modify a continuous form so that it looks like a 'datasheet'. -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "tbl" <hateThatSpam@invalid.net> wrote in message news:4gqs13dds31nhu1bsmbrm5tt86adbfea1m@4ax.com... > Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not* > show the "button-like" row that shows the field n...

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

pivot
How to take a copy of data on the web to a pivot tabel? ex. take a copy of ford and fiat cars in bilbasen.dk... HOW!? Import the data onto a worksheet (Data>Import External Data> New Web Query) Then, create a pivot table from the imported data Louise wrote: > How to take a copy of data on the web to a pivot tabel? ex. take a copy of > ford and fiat cars in bilbasen.dk... HOW!? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi. thanks.. but I already tried it. when I click the import button, to my selected "zone&qu...

From temporary table to master table and then join this in junction table
Hello, I have imported two spreadsheets from excel to two temporary tables called "import_tbl_contract" and "import_tbl_products". I do this on daily basis and import many spreadsheets. I end up with these data: [import_tbl_contract] contract_number contract_title start_date end_date [import_tbl_products] product_number product_text price I now append these data to the following two tables: [tbl_contract] contract_id (PK) contract_title start_date end_date e.g. 1; Syringes and needles; 01-01-2010; 31-12-2010 [tbl_products] product_id ...

Can I set my custom views on Pivot table
I want to get Pivot table data on my invoice, is it possible to set custom views so that I can get Pivot table results on invoice format, I've tried views that offer excel but it doesn't offer custom views please help Thanks ...

please help with this query

List Running Horizontally-Pivot Table Possible?
I just had a customer ask this one and I'm not so sure about it. 1) The customer has setup a list of information that is running horizontally instead of the typical list running vertically. 2) I just taught him how to do pivot tables and he wants to generate a pivot table with his "horizontal" list. 3) I know he can copy and paste special and use the Transpose feature to change the list from horizontally oriented to vertically oriented. 4) the question is: can he leave the table in its original orientation and still generate Pivot tables? I can't seem to make it work ...

How do I view all Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory
Guys, Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. -- Buchi On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Guys, >Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active >Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result wi...

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Pivot table and organizing data
This one is really making me scratch my head. Here is the story. I have a list of information which I am pulling in via a query from SQL. Data is good and it correctly comes into Excel (03 or 07). I have five columns with data: Date, Time, AccountID , Status. First two are self-explanatory; third is a 3-letter ID, forth is a status (pass/fail). Ok, now that you have an idea, here is what I need: 1. List the account IDs as a column 2. List the dates as rows 3. Place the alert into the location that corresponds to the appropriate data and account I know this 'sounds' like a strai...

Update Query
Access 2003 XP SP2 I am having a problem with an update query. Table is in a one-to-one relationship, referentail integrity and cascading data are checked. (The fileds I want to update are not in both tables) Table name= payForward Has 15 fields ie: ID, Name, MemID, Oct , Nov, Dec, etc Oct-Sep fields are yes/no type I want to "select" a field (Oct-Sep) via a query parameter and repalce "yes" with "no". Here is my query: UPDATE payForward SET [Enter month]=No The messages I get is 'operation must use an updateable query' Wh...

Crosstab Query 04-06-07
I have a crosstab query that shows the products i sale with the number i have sold for each day. instead of showing the sales for each day i would like to show sales dor each months. How do i show it my month Thanks In query design view, enter this into a fresh column in the Field row: TheYear: Year([SaleDate]) Replace SaleDate with your actual field name. In the next column: TheMonth: Month([SaleDate]) You can now group on these fields instead of on each date. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html ...

Bug in Grid Lines in CListCtrl Report View
Hi, This thing is again annoying me! whenever I display the grid lines using LVS_EX_GRIDLINES , there are problems when scrolling the CListCtrl at once , the grid lines seem to loose their position and thus generating a blurred view or sometimes just disappear temporarily. Have anyone else faced the same thing ? Thanks >whenever I display the grid lines using LVS_EX_GRIDLINES , there are >problems when scrolling the CListCtrl at once , the grid lines seem to loose >their position and thus generating a blurred view or sometimes just disappear > temporarily...

Need to have more Columns available in advanced view
I know how to add columns in advanced view but i can't add all the columns I'd like to add. I can choose more fields (attributs) as search attributes than as result columns. Is there somewhere a switch to turn a field (attribute) into not only beeing searchable but selectable as a column in advanced search? Example: "Invoice Product": Is there a way to make an advanced search or view which delivers field (attributes) of "Invoice Product" as a result? Marko ...

Option for fields to show up in datasheet view
Hello, Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users prefer to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone can help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in the form. I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not know where is it now. Please help. Thanks in advance, Frank -- Frank Situmorang Simplest solution might be to set the Visible property of the controls on the form, based on the fields the user wants to see. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

how to set up a query
I am using sql server 2005 express and have 3 tables Table1 Dept_Id (primary key) Dept_Name Table2 Employee_Id (primary key) Dept_Id (foreign key with table1) Employee_Name Table3 WorkSchedule_Id (primary key) Employee_Id (foreing key with table 2) Date_To_Work (date type) I want to list all the Departments (Dept_Name) that do not have anyone scheduled to work on a particular date (ie '1/20/2010' ) Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance, RABMissouri2010 Try this: SELECT dept_name FROM Table1 AS D WHERE NOT EXISTS(SELECT * ...

Excel comparative query
I'm respectfully requesting assistance with the correct formula to use for the following query: I'd searching all of column A on spreadsheet 1 to see if a value in column A of spreadsheet 2 is there, and placing a result X (or another) next to (adjacent cell) the confirmed value on spreadsheet 2. Please help if you can. Chris Hi Chris see your answer in puclic.excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Chris wrote: > I'm respectfully requesting assistance with the correct formula > to use for the following query: > > I'd searching all of column A on ...

Currency Format Lost in Union Query
Thanks to John Spencer, I resolved one problem in my union query (Thank you, John). But I have another problem. Some of my fields in my union query are currencies and others percents. I see both formats are lost. I am sure it is a union query problem, because when I ran an individual query, none of the formats were lost. Is there any way I can keep currency and percent formats without writing, FORMATCURRENCY, etc for each field? Thank you. What data types are these fields? The field in a UNION query will normally take on the data type of the field in the first SELECT. So, if ...