Parameter Query Problem 12-21-07

Hi, I'm creating a Paramater Query based on the date of a payment and receipt
number for a record which includes 1st payment, second payment, and 3rd
payment and 1st receipt number, 2nd receipt number, and 3rd receipt number
fields. How do I retrieve only the field results which match the parameter
criteria without pulling up other field values of that record which may not
fit the search criteria? Thank you for any suggestions.

I suggest that you change you table structure to something like this ---
     Payments ---
PayID - autonumber
Invoice - (could be SalesID - relates to sale & customer)
Payment - number - integer
Receipt - number - integer
PayDate - DateTime

The above table layout lets you pull record data as you might need it.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"aponnezhan" wrote:

> Hi, I'm creating a Paramater Query based on the date of a payment and receipt
> number for a record which includes 1st payment, second payment, and 3rd
> payment and 1st receipt number, 2nd receipt number, and 3rd receipt number
> fields. How do I retrieve only the field results which match the parameter
> criteria without pulling up other field values of that record which may not
> fit the search criteria? Thank you for any suggestions.
Thanks for the input, with some restructuring I'll be more selective in my
queries and can make this work.

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> I suggest that you change you table structure to something like this ---
>      Payments ---
> PayID - autonumber
> Invoice - (could be SalesID - relates to sale & customer)
> Payment - number - integer
> Receipt - number - integer
> PayDate - DateTime
>
> The above table layout lets you pull record data as you might need it.
>
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "aponnezhan" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm creating a Paramater Query based on the date of a payment and receipt
> > number for a record which includes 1st payment, second payment, and 3rd
> > payment and 1st receipt number, 2nd receipt number, and 3rd receipt number
> > fields. How do I retrieve only the field results which match the parameter
> > criteria without pulling up other field values of that record which may not
> > fit the search criteria? Thank you for any suggestions.

Access 2003 Developer Extensions 06-04-07
It doesn't seem to be available anymore. I can read about VSTO 2005, but get an error if I try to buy it. Is it possible to get this still? I know Access 2007 Developer Extensions are supposed to be free, but they don't seem to have been released yet. Will I be able to package and distribute an application built in Access 2003 with the 2007 Developer Extensions? Jennifer "Toxalot" <toxalot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180969603.769483.240500@q19g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > It doesn't seem to be available anymore. I can read about VSTO 2005, > but g...

Excel Web Queries
I know how to setup Excel 2002 web queries from sites that are publicl available. The question is: *can you setup web queries linked to a we site that is private (i.e. you need a password to access it) such a your private portfolio in Morningstar or similar sites? -- rpensott ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rpensotti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26267 ...

Problem on sending emails

Problem starting different http connections from the same application
Hi, I have a multithreaded application in which one thread sends a request to a web server -and reads the response for a while (which is why its a separate thread). The other thread needs to send data periodically to the server - but this is where I run into problems. In the method that the second thread uses makes a new session , gets a new connection, creates a new http file - but fails to send the data. Looking at the ethereal captures, it seems that the second thread is sending requests through the same tcp connection that the very first request (that hasn't returned yet) we...

GP10 Smartlist problem output to Excel 2010
When we see the listing in the Smartlist, we click the button with Excel logo, to export the listing to Excel, but GP prompt with error message :Unable to start Microsoft Excel http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4100/errorw.png This is the newly purchased workstation. This is the first computer that is come with Microsoft Office 2010 version, the rest are still using Office 2007. And this new computer has never been successfully launched Excel from the Smartlist. We are wondering if the Office 2010 STARTER edition can work work with Dynamics GP 10 with FP1 SP4. Please advice ...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Append query?
Hello Experts,I have an Append query that takes data from one table and puts it intoanother.I only want the query to insert rows, however, where two records aredistinct.I've tried using the QBE and writing some SQL code.Something like this:Insert into Table_ASelect Table_B.*>From Table_BWhereTable_A.cust_no <> Table_B.cust_noAndTable_A.empl_no <> Table_B.empl_noDoes anyone have any ideas?I'm basically trying to use an Append query to back up a table. Ionly want the query, however, to append new records.alex...

Cleaner way to query for negatives?
Access 2000, Win XP SP2 Hi all, I'm looking for a cleaner way to determine whether or not an entry in one table has a specific field checked yes or no in another table. Table 1: fldVendorID (Primary key, no dupes) fldVendorName Table 2: fldVendorID (dupes allowed) fldContact fldAllowed Table 2 can have many fldContacts per each fldVendorID from Table 1. fldAllowed is a yes/no field. I want to query for any VendorID which has NO fldAllowed=yes. I've done it this way: Query 1 counts all contacts from Table 2, grouped by fldVendorID Query 2 counts all fldAllowed="No"...

return all records in crosstab query
I have a combo box on user pick form where users can choose one Operator and leave the box blank to return all records. How do I revise my below code to allow users to leave the [frm_Pick_Operation_Emp_Chart]![Operationcmb] field on my pick form blank? Thank you! PARAMETERS [forms]![frm_Pick_Operation_Emp_Chart]![BegDatetxt] DateTime, [forms]![frm_Pick_Operation_Emp_Chart]![EndDatetxt] DateTime, [forms]![frm_Pick_Operation_Emp_Chart]![Operationcmb] Text ( 255 ); TRANSFORM Sum(qry_Defect_by_Operation_Emp_Chart.[SumOfDef Qnty]) AS [SumOfSumOfDef Qnty] SELECT qry_Defect_by_Operation_Emp_...

Combo Box problem 02-15-10
Hi I have 3 tables and 3 associated forms in an 2007 access database. On each form is a combo box "Name Search" so that one can input 2 or 3 letters of a surname and get a drop down list of names matching the input. All three Combo Boxes were set up in an identical manner using the wizard. The Main Menu has three buttons where you choose which table (or dbase) you wish to query. I now have a situation where 2 of the 3 combo boxes will not accept input (i.e. do not work) If I copy the Row Source from the one combo box that always works to one of the other two...

Problem in Microsoft Outlook Express
Dear, I have a problem in Microsoft Outlook Exprees, the problem is that when i want to see the attachment attached with my receiving mails, the paper clip sign shows but when i tried to open it the attached file is not highlighted another thing is that when i tried to forward that attachment, the attachment is glow and it can be open what can i do? Hi Ahmer - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert an...

Problems with printing booklet
My printer stopped after printing page 1 & 4 of a booklet (outside and back cover). I tried to print the inside of the booklet (page 2 & 3), but it does not print it correctly. Does any one have an idea of what to do? Thanks. Hi Glenn Thomas (glennt@jam.rr.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || My printer stopped after printing page 1 & 4 of a booklet || (outside and back cover). I tried to print the inside of || the booklet (page 2 & 3), but it does not print it || correctly. Does any one have an idea of what to do? Thanks. Can you tell us what doesn't pri...

Outlook XP and Windows ME Problem
Hi, I am running Outlook XP on Windows ME. All of a sudden when I try to download mail, the progress bar comes and says receiving 0 of 97 messages and just hangs there. After a while the whole outllok and my computer is not responding. Any ideas on why it is happening or how it can be resolved? ...

Problem with Instantiating classes
I converted an Access MDB multi-user application to a client/server application. The classes are no longer working. I checked to see if a variable was declared using the class name and then I checked to make sure that the class is instaniated by setting it equal to a New Class Instance. I keep getting an Error 91. If I set the instantiation in a loop for two to three times to instantiate the class it works fine. Has anyone run into this type of problem? ...

Strange problem about register window class
I want to register two window class in winmain.But when registering the second window class,VC7.0 reports an error.The error code is 87 - parameter error.But the parameters of both WINCLASSEX are the same except the wndproc and wndclass name. When compiling with bcc55,it's OK.When compiling with cygwin-g++-4.1.2 it's the same as VC7.0. If assign wc.hInstance with reinterpret_cast<HINSTANCE>(&hInstance) ,it's OK.Why?What does &hInstance mean? Below is the code: // cl register.cpp -link gdi32.lib user32.lib // g++ -o register.exe register.cpp -mwindows #include <...

problem Adding new user on server 2003
I can't not add any user the program is giving me a masege: Windows unable to update the password. The Value provided for the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history requirement of domain. please help.. I can not add any users becouse of this message. You have complex passwords enabled, so the users password must be a certain length and contain upper-case, lower-case and numerical values. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "oscar" <oscar@tvpromofl.com> wrote in message news:098701c3d3b4$3dfa3e50...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Monday, May 31, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 138 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consider...

Problem enabling a button in a toolbar
Hi all.. First of all, this is a MDI application in Visual C++ 6.0. I have a docking control bar that contains a dialog. I placed a toolbar on that dialog with one button at the moment. The problem I have is that I could never enable the button. I tried WM_KICKIDLE message but even when it is received correctly by the dialog, and enabling the button there, it continues appearing disabled. The button has its handler in the dialog (since it is the parent) To make another try, I placed the button handler in the child frame, and the button appears finally enabled, and when I press it, the hand...

Calling Excel from Word with parameters
Hi. I'm posting this here after not having had a reply in the Office_Developer>Automation forum for 4 days. I need to call Excel from within Word with parameters. Can you help with the syntax for the call and where (and how) I should declare and therefore "receive" and handle these parameters in Excel??? Is there a default auto start procedure which accepts parameters? Please specify the call with 3 parameters : 1 text/string, 1 numeric (integer) and 1 date. Thanks in advance I saw Ann Troy's response further down in the list, so I guess that the Workbook_Open pr...

Outlook XP SP3 and Winmail.dat problem
Hi, any news about RTF editor and Winmail.dat attachment files ? The problem is that if you use RTF or WORD to write emails and you attach some file, the receiver has a Winmail.dat file instead of the original file attached. thanks regards Davide This is normal since RTF is a proprietary format for Microsoft Outlook. Internet Email programs like Pine, Outlook Express, Eudora, The Bat!, .etc can't unwrap the binary stream in order to display the message as it was original formatted. Best option is to switch your message format to plain text or html and consider disabling Word 2002 as ...

Warning Startup form problem
I recently asked a question about using a form to give a warning msg if an event was happening on the day my db was opened. I believe 'Allen' kindly supplied me with the necessary info and the form works fine if there is an event on that day however if there are no events I get nothing at all and would actually like another form/the switchboard to startup?/ I have tried various if statements to no avail can anyone help please. It would really help to see the code you're using to pop up this warning form. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/pos...

Getting external data problem
Hi In the External Data Range Properties, there are 3 options for 'If the number of rows in the data range changes upon refresh:' I want it to stay on option 3 - Overwrite existing cells with new data, clear unused cells. but it keeps defaulting to option2 - Insert entire rows for new data, clear unused cells. I am using Excel 2000 and my data is from Access 97. Any ideas?? Steve ...

Command Line Parameter
I have a problem with the following code. When showing the Command Line Parameters passed in the AfxMessageBox displays -install as dest but it does not get pass the comparison. I am running c:\projects\mac.exe -install as the command line. Any help would be appreciated Thank you int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nShowCmd) { int argCount = 0; char *dest=""; WinVer PlatForm; WinService ServiceApp; /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //Determine the command line paramters that ...

WM_MOUSEWHEEL problem!
I created a window as following /////////////////////code m_pSecondWnd = new CWnd; m_pSecondWnd->Create (m_lpszSecondClassName, NULL,WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_HSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL, CRect (0,0,0,0),this, 1005); OldProc = (WNDPROC)::GetWindowLong(m_pSecondWnd->m_hWnd, GWL_WNDPROC); ::SetWindowLong (m_pSecondWnd->m_hWnd, GWL_WNDPROC, (long)ScrollProc); /////////////////////code ends However, I cannot catch the WM_MOUSEWHEEL message in the ScrollProc. Why? No one know this? Please google the 100,000 or so web pages on making good newsgroup posts. -- - Mark...

Problem syncing MS Messaging Library to iDisk
Version: 2004 Processor: Intel Since installation of Snow Leopard I get the following message iDisk error message several times per day. I don't know what it means, or what I have to do to correct the problem. The message is:"There is a problem syncing the file 'MicrosoftMessaging Library.bundle1' The destination does not support symlinks. Try compressing the file first." This message is always followed by a nearly identical message that references MicrosoftMessagingLibrary.bundle2. Thannks in advance. Any <Driver_Dude@officeformac.com> wrote: > Since install...