Parameter Query - 89861

Hi All,
Here's what I have:

TABLE1(tbl_MAIN_DISC) with the following fields:
DISC_ID=PK
DATE
USER_ID
USER
DISC_TYPE_ID
DISC_TYPE

TABLE2(tbl_DISC_TYPE) with the following fields:
DISC_TYPE_ID=PK
DISC_TYPE

The relationship I have is a 1 (tbl_DISC_TYPE) to many (tbl_MAIN_DISC).
I created a form with two combo box that populate two txt fields(USER_ID &
DISC_TYPE_ID).

I created a parameter query based on the txt fields from the form and it
works great on pulling that specific USER_ID and DISC_TYPE_ID

Is there a way to use the same form and only select the USER_ID and pull all
related records?  In other words disable the DISC_TYPE_ID field so that the
parameter query is only using the USER_ID as the criterion?  Is this even
possible?  Or is creating two forms that pull two differnt parameter quries
the eaiset way to get this done?  Is there a way to group all the
DISC_TYPE_ID into an "all" type?

AccessUser777

Well, I'm assuming you currently have a form that shows one record and you
now want a form that shows multiple records. So I dont see how you can use
the same form.
Your design depends on what the users of this system want it to do. Should
you not ask the users what they want? Or are you the user?
Possibly you could have a form with search criteria at the top and a
scrolling list (in a listbox) of matching records at the bottom. You can
change the search criteria and click a button to refresh the search results
list. Then you can click a record in the search results to go to another form
that lists all the details. I use this set-up in many applications I have
designed and it works very well.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

"AccessUser777 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi All,
> Here's what I have:
>
> TABLE1(tbl_MAIN_DISC) with the following fields:
> DISC_ID=PK
> DATE
> USER_ID
> USER
> DISC_TYPE_ID
> DISC_TYPE
>
> TABLE2(tbl_DISC_TYPE) with the following fields:
> DISC_TYPE_ID=PK
> DISC_TYPE
>
> The relationship I have is a 1 (tbl_DISC_TYPE) to many (tbl_MAIN_DISC).
> I created a form with two combo box that populate two txt fields(USER_ID &
> DISC_TYPE_ID).
>
> I created a parameter query based on the txt fields from the form and it
> works great on pulling that specific USER_ID and DISC_TYPE_ID
>
> Is there a way to use the same form and only select the USER_ID and pull all
> related records?  In other words disable the DISC_TYPE_ID field so that the
> parameter query is only using the USER_ID as the criterion?  Is this even
> possible?  Or is creating two forms that pull two differnt parameter quries
> the eaiset way to get this done?  Is there a way to group all the
> DISC_TYPE_ID into an "all" type?

> .

Hi Dorian, thank you for your reply.  I should have mentioned that the form
I'm using for the parameter criteria has a button to open a report based on
the parameter query.  My intention was to see if there was a way to use only
that form and be able to have the user eiter select a specific "DISC_TYPE" or
view all the "all".  Any other ideas?  Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.

Dorian wrote:
>Well, I'm assuming you currently have a form that shows one record and you
>now want a form that shows multiple records. So I dont see how you can use
>the same form.
>Your design depends on what the users of this system want it to do. Should
>you not ask the users what they want? Or are you the user?
>Possibly you could have a form with search criteria at the top and a
>scrolling list (in a listbox) of matching records at the bottom. You can
>change the search criteria and click a button to refresh the search results
>list. Then you can click a record in the search results to go to another form
>that lists all the details. I use this set-up in many applications I have
>designed and it works very well.
>-- Dorian
>"Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they
>eat for a lifetime".
>
>> Hi All,
>> Here's what I have:
>[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]
>> the eaiset way to get this done?  Is there a way to group all the
>> DISC_TYPE_ID into an "all" type?

AccessUser777
12/16/2009 3:34:02 PM
�ste es un mensaje de varias partes en formato MIME.
------=_NextPart_000_009F_01CA821C.4FBEA5F0

 =20
=20

"AccessUser777 via AccessMonster.com" <u44103@uwe> escribi=C3=B3 en el =
mensaje de noticias:a0a45e831719a@uwe...
> Hi All,
> Here's what I have:
>=20
> TABLE1(tbl_MAIN_DISC) with the following fields:=20
> DISC_ID=3DPK
> DATE
> USER_ID
> USER
> DISC_TYPE_ID
> DISC_TYPE
> ByHostByHostByHost
> TABLE2(tbl_DISC_TYPE) with the following fields:
> DISC_TYPE_ID=3DPK
> DISC_TYPE
>=20
> The relationship I have is a 1 (tbl_DISC_TYPE) to many =
(tbl_MAIN_DISC).
> I created a form with two combo box that populate two txt =
fields(USER_ID &
> DISC_TYPE_ID).=20
>=20
> I created a parameter query based on the txt fields from the form and =
it
> works great on pulling that specific USER_ID and DISC_TYPE_ID
>=20
> Is there a way to use the same form and only select the USER_ID and =
pull all
> related records?  In other words disable the DISC_TYPE_ID field so =
that the
> parameter query is only using the USER_ID as the criterion?  Is this =
even
> possible?  Or is creating two forms that pull two differnt parameter =
quries
> the eaiset way to get this done?  Is there a way to group all the
> DISC_TYPE_ID into an "all" type?
>=20
> --=20
> Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200912/1

------=_NextPart_000_009F_01CA821C.4FBEA5F0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dunicode" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE>.body {
	BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: =
none; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; =
BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
</STYLE>
<BASE=20
href=3D"file://C:\Users\jose\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows =
Mail\Stationery\">
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18865"></HEAD>
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody background=3D"" leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 =
bgColor=3D#00ccff=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">&nbsp;=20
<DIV> <BR><BR>"AccessUser777 via AccessMonster.com" &lt;u44103@uwe&gt; =
escribi=C3=B3=20
en el mensaje de noticias:a0a45e831719a@uwe...<BR>&gt; Hi All,<BR>&gt; =
Here's=20
what I have:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; TABLE1(tbl_MAIN_DISC) with the following =
fields:=20
<BR>&gt; DISC_ID=3DPK<BR>&gt; DATE<BR>&gt; USER_ID<BR>&gt; USER<BR>&gt;=20
DISC_TYPE_ID<BR>&gt; DISC_TYPE<BR>&gt; <A=20
href=3D"onenote://C:/Users/jose/AppData/Roaming/Apple%20Computer/Preferen=
ces/ByHost">ByHost</A><A=20
href=3D"onenote://C:/Users/jose/AppData/Roaming/Apple%20Computer/Preferen=
ces/ByHost">ByHost</A><A=20
href=3D"onenote://C:/Users/jose/AppData/Roaming/Apple%20Computer/Preferen=
ces/ByHost">ByHost</A><BR>&gt;=20
TABLE2(tbl_DISC_TYPE) with the following fields:<BR>&gt; =
DISC_TYPE_ID=3DPK<BR>&gt;=20
DISC_TYPE<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; The relationship I have is a 1 =
(tbl_DISC_TYPE) to=20
many (tbl_MAIN_DISC).<BR>&gt; I created a form with two combo box that =
populate=20
two txt fields(USER_ID &amp;<BR>&gt; DISC_TYPE_ID). <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I =
created=20
a parameter query based on the txt fields from the form and it<BR>&gt; =
works=20
great on pulling that specific USER_ID and DISC_TYPE_ID<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
Is=20
there a way to use the same form and only select the USER_ID and pull=20
all<BR>&gt; related records?&nbsp; In other words disable the =
DISC_TYPE_ID field=20
so that the<BR>&gt; parameter query is only using the USER_ID as the=20
criterion?&nbsp; Is this even<BR>&gt; possible?&nbsp; Or is creating two =
forms=20
that pull two differnt parameter quries<BR>&gt; the eaiset way to get =
this=20
done?&nbsp; Is there a way to group all the<BR>&gt; DISC_TYPE_ID into an =
"all"=20
type?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Message posted via =
AccessMonster.com<BR>&gt;=20
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200912/1<BR>&=
gt;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009F_01CA821C.4FBEA5F0--

0
edward

Query Problem 03-27-10
Hi, I have 2 tables, tbBaby and tbVaccineInjection. tbBaby stores the babies' personal data like Name, BirthDate etc., tbVaccine stores VaccineName, DoseNumber (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and InjectionDate, etc. These 2 tables are one to many in relation, because each baby may have several vaccinations on different dates. I'd like to build a query to retrieve babies with their most recent injection date, i.e. only one record for each baby with latest injection date. my query is as follow SELECT tbBaby.*, tbVaccine.* FROM tbBaby INNER JOIN tbVaccine ON tbBaby.ID=tbVaccine.B...

Append query bloat
I have an access database where I use an append query quite often. I will use this same query over and over by changing the table I'm appending from, then I save the query. During the save process, the database bloats from ~50KB to ~150KB. Our company recently upgraded to 2007 and that is when I noticed the problem. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I can manage it by compacting and repairing after each save, but recently I added 4 tables in one day, so this was a pain. Thanks Don't even worry about it. An Access file can be up to 2 GB in size. 150 KB ...

Does SQL Run Behind Queries?
Access 2007 When I run a query does Access, "go away" and run the SQL for what I see in the GUI? If the answer is, "yes" is there anything that I can switch on to see the SQL that it is running? What I would like to do, if it is possible, is to see the query in the GUI and, at the same time, see the SQL that is being used to select the data from the database; that way I can understand things (exactly what is happening) more clearly and more quickly. TIA for any replies. trip_to_tokyo wrote: > Access 2007 > > When I run a query does...

Database Query #4
I have created a data table in a worksheet and named it “data”. Then I created a separate worksheet, in the same workbook, and created a database query of the data table, by using Data…Import External Data…New Database Query…Excel Files* and defining the database name by browsing to the same workbook. The query worked fine. However, when I moved the workbook (which included the data source) to a different folder and tried to refresh the database query, I got the following error message: “[Microsoft] [ODBC Excel Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object ‘data’...

DNS clients Does not query the secondary DNS
Hi, I have 2 w2003 Dcs - both DNS servers Primary and secondary. I have Clients running XP static Ip and in both DNS servers IP is configured as Primary and Secondary DNS. My Primary DNS server went down, all clients are not quering the secondary! using NSLOOKUP it showed that clients are still querying the primary with a tomeout error !! all name resoultiond stoped in the organization! any idea? tx NsLookup does not automatically fall through to alternate DNS servers, it is not a good way to test server redundancy. If you ping a host, which will use the DNS Cl...

Calculate difference in rows in a query
I have a query that calculates how much revenue is claimed by month per job but then I have to take the new month less the prior month. The problem is the data is in row format. I don't know how to subtract February from January, March from but don't know how. I know how to do it in Excel but not Access. Please help... Example: Order Month JTD Clm Variance 101026521 January $511,525 $0 101026521 February $511,525 $0 101029438 January $1,238 $0 101029438 February $3,713 $2,475 101033168 January $21,465 $0 101033168 February $51,460 $29,995 101034011 Janu...

How to use colmn headings in paramter query
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am not able to locate it if it has. But here is my delima: I need to be able to select the salesperson sales based on the month (1-12) from table 1. I* can create a parameter query, but am not sure hwo to query onlya certain month. table1 ID salesperson 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 joe 12 0 0 2 12 0 1 1 5 7 8 10 2 steve 2 5 6 18 0 0 2 3 4 11 12 1 select * from table1 where salesperson =joe and .... that is where I get stuck. I need to be able to select a column he...

Extracting invoice data from GP 9 using a SQL query (ODBC)
I'm working to extract invoice detail information from a client's GP 9 MSSQL database, with the goal of being able to mock up their invoices in external systems. Just to keep things interesting, they aren't using GP to it's maximum ability - quotes are generated from another software package, and when converted to a sale, minimal data is entered into GP and processed (such as shipping address, job name, job number, PO number, and occasionally a line it of what appears to be free-form text. I have hard copies of several invoices, various web resources, and access to t...

Query Does Not Count "2" Records
Good Evening Everyone... I have a bit of a logical puzzle that I need to solve. I have various queries which have various criteria for them. One query involves retirees or spouses being under the age of 65 and the other involves retirees or spouses being over the age of 65. Both the retiree and spouse are listen in the same records and on one line of the master table and queries. The situation that I am running into is that I can have a retiree who is over 65 and a spouse under 65 and the record comes up twice in the two different queries b/c it meets the criteria, which is perfect. What...

Web Query Help...
If I try and use a web query with the following site http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/stats/playersort/regularseason/yearly/MLB/P I get a message that says the web query returned no data. I click on the arrow right by player and it highlights all the players names and their stats. Anyone know why it doesn't import the data into excel? Is there too much data? Thanks Works fine for me, although one have to do some editing since it imports some trash as well (I would import it, then select the table itself from the import and copy and paste into a new sheet, then import the next 50 and...

Fetch XML to Query Expression

Query Output
Help, I am working with make table queries. I have a A make table query and a B make table query each with various information that the query has preformed. I am trying to get the following output into a text file. A Make Table Information B Make Table Information A Make Table Information B Make Table Information etc. There are over 300 items in each table. Each A Corresponds with a B. I need to keep the 2 records separate for where i have to upload them. I tried having a common identifier for the two tables and creating a big query with all the information on, but i ...

ActiveX custom Method, with custom parameter type
Hi, I am building my own ActiveX and I want to implement a custom Method. The Wizard proposed a choice of type for the parameters type, so I can't use my own type. Avoiding using the wizard causes problems as it do not recognize the method after...Say I want a Method "Add(MyClass& m_my)" . Once creating the Method with the wizard, those lines are added to the .h : //{{AFX_DISPATCH(CMonGrapheCtrl) .... afx_msg void Add(short m_my); //here I am forced to use a proposed type, so I select "short" for the example, this should be MyClass& //}}AFX_DISPATCH and the l...

Query-Based E-mail Groups
I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users. When I send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message. I as the owner of the group get an undeliverable stating: The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. For all 350 users. So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM. I have my "Recipient Limits" set to 2,000. I double checked the query-based email group to make sure it was under 2,000 recipients and ...

Suggestions for table or query to track movement
I have a table for employees that includes the usual description fields for employees. This is one of my master tables with the employee ID being the primary key. Then I have another table that stores all employee hours that I add on to monthly via an import from Excel (emplID is foreign key). I want to keep track of all of the employees that are new or terminate. I’d like Access to recognize if an employee is missing or new and later be able to create a report for recent new hires or terminations. I may be expecting too much and if so please give me your opinion on this. ...

Calculating the Difference in a Query
I need to calculate the difference between two fields in a query. The query is called “qryRemote” and within the query are the fields “10-8Time” and “10- 97Time”. The data entered into these fields are in the format “0000” through to “2400”. I need to subtract the “10-8Time from the “10-97Time” and then sum the results and display the result in a report. For example, after the query is run the results are: 10-8Time 10-97Time --------------------------------- 1307 1331 1858 1909 2018 2023 First the difference is determined: 10-8Time is subtracted form t...

Outlook 2000 Calendar Text Entry query. Help!
Husband and I are both retired and have never used Outlook before, even though it's installed on our home computer. Now that we have more time on our hands, we're using the Outlook monthly calendar: we print out a "blank" month at a time, pop the page into a ring bind folder, and then write (by hand) notes on the various days. We would like to be able to do this on-screen though, rather than with a pen! We're planning a day-by-day schedule for a holiday next February but we cannot work out how to "write" timetable notes into the squares for each separate...

Moving queries
hello! I need help! I am trying to copy a long list of queries from one access database to another. I tried "get external data", but it brought the actual data from the old database with the queries. Export will only allow me to move one query at a time... How do I move a whole list of queries? Thank you! Go to the other database and import them. "Amanda P" <Amanda P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74881BCB-09D3-44A6-9A06-198EB1486E69@microsoft.com... > hello! > I need help! > I am trying to copy a long list of queries from one ac...

Displaying multi-select parameter on report?
Hi, I have a report where I use a multi-select parameter to filter the report by the user's initials who entered the record. I typically like to print the paramters selected for a report in the header of the report. However, when I put this parameter.value on the report I only get the first option selected. How can I list all the selected entries? SQL Server 2005. Thanks in advance, Linn Linn, To take care of this you can use the Join Function to deplay a delimited list. Here is an example: =Join(Parameters!ReportParameter1.Value,",") The sec...

Offset Formula Query
I am using an offset formula to bring back data. I am trying to bring back the cell next to the one that has a label that matches the file name e.g. the file name is Place and then column a contains a list of places and column b contains text about those places. I am using the following formula: =OFFSET(Data!A15,MATCH(MID(CELL("filename"),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename"))+1, SEARCH("]",CELL("filename"))-SEARCH("[",CELL("filename"))-5),Data!$A$15:Data!$A$37,0),1) Where Data! refers to the sheet which contains the data and t...

Query assistance 10-18-07
I have 2 tables and I am looking to create a query that will display the data only if it exists in both tables. I have been doing this in the past by running 2 unmatched queries, but I am assuming that there must be a faster, better way and I am hopeful that someone here could help. IF the data has to exist in both tables you could just join the tables on the relevant field(s). With an inner join the data would have to be in both tables to return any record. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore...

Fail to create IXSSO.Query object
I'm moving classic asp sites from Windows 2000 / IIS 5 to Windows 2008 R2 / IIS 7. * We have the "Indexing Service" started. * I have forced IIS to run application pool in 32 bit mode. * IXSSO.DLL is present in System32 directory. (dated 7/13/2009 it is from W2k8, I assume it is 64 bits) * Catalogs were created and looked OK. However, I am unable to create an ixsso.Query object. Get the following error message : Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' ActiveX component can't create object /HC/ECO/Announcements/Headlines/SearchResul...

report parameter
I have a report ( FixtureSchedule-Xtra ) that used to work fine, but now, when it opens, asks for a parameter ( reports!FixtureSchedule-classic.Type) (it had not previously); The parameter is incorrect: There is no reason for a report FixtureSchedule-classic to be included or referenced in this report ( FixtureSchedule-Xtra ) I recently did create a report FixtureSchedule-classic and may have erroneously entered a value into the report in question... in any event, I need to get rid of the reference, and am running out of places to look (or I don't know where to look) any ...

Update label and record query steps
Hi, I have a time consuming import code which has multiple steps. I amend the label caption to show which step the import is on but would like to show all steps and if possible place these steps in an archive table as the process is run by several users. At the moment I have: 1 - Preparing import...... which is replaced by 2 - Importing cust table 114,240 records (est. dur. 1 min)......... which is replaced by 3 - Importing sales table 842,600 records (est. dur. 4 mins)....... etc etc What I would like is: Query steps...... 18/02/2010 23:30:30 - Step 1 - Pre...

Pick up values by parameters
Hi, How can I create following function which collects the information from sheets 2-4 to sheet1? After I have activated Sheets 2,3 and 4, I will give two parameters on Sheet1. A3 is the header and E3 is the value. It will pick up the values on Sheet1 on line 2 (green, 6, 76, 2). Sheet 1 A,B,C,D,E A3,E3 Green,6,32,11 Sheet 2 A,B,C,D,E Red,2,3,7,8 Yellow,4,5,9,6 Green,2,1,1,6 Blue,3,7,9,8 Sheet 3 A,B,C,D,E Red,2,3,7,8 Yellow,4,5,9,7 Green,2,1,22,32 Blue,3,7,9,8 Sheet 4 A,B,C,D,E Red,2,3,7,8 Yellow,4,5,9,6 Green,2,1,1,11 Blue,3,7,9,8 Thank you, Matti >It will pick up the value...