Parameter Criteria Date Picker

I have some queries that give Start and End Dates in separate criteria text
boxes to select a range of dates. Can these text boxes be replaced by Date
Picker control or have the Date Picker appear in the text Box?

Bruister

If you are using Access 2007, there's a built in date picker that should
fire if you set the Format property of the text box to General Date, and
leave the Input Mask blank.

For any version, there's a simple little Access form here:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-51.html
Copy into your database.

"Bruister via AccessMonster.com" <u50445@uwe> wrote in message
> I have some queries that give Start and End Dates in separate criteria
> text
> boxes to select a range of dates. Can these text boxes be replaced by Date
> Picker control or have the Date Picker appear in the text Box?

0
Allen
3/27/2010 11:35:02 AM
Allen Browne wrote:
>If you are using Access 2007, there's a built in date picker that should
>fire if you set the Format property of the text box to General Date, and
>leave the Input Mask blank.
>
>For any version, there's a simple little Access form here:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-51.html
>Copy into your database.
>
>> I have some queries that give Start and End Dates in separate criteria
>> text
>> boxes to select a range of dates. Can these text boxes be replaced by Date
>> Picker control or have the Date Picker appear in the text Box?

Sorry but I didnt make my request clear enough. I meant the boxes that are
titled 'Enter Parameter Value' that appear. At present I type a date, hit
enter and the second box appears, also waiting for a date to be typed. Can
the date picker be used instead? Thanks

Bruister
3/27/2010 2:17:39 PM
No, there is no ability to do this directly in the query.  You have to create
a form to gather the values and then reference the OPEN form's controls as
criteria in the query.

Check out this article for a detailed discussion.
     http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm

Or check out this from MS
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA011730581033.aspx

Or for another example
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

The following talks about comboboxes, but you can apply the same technique to
a text control on the form and the calendar control.

A brief quote from a John Vinson (Access MVP) posting.

You'll need to create a small unbound Form (let's call it frmCriteria) with a
Combo Box control (cboCrit) on it. Use the combo box wizard to select the
table for the selections, and be sure that the bound field of the combo is the
value you want to use as a criterion. Save this form.

Now use

=[Forms]![frmCriteria]![cboCrit]

as the criterion in your Query.

It's convenient to base a second Form or Report on the resulting query to
display the results; if you put a button on frmCriteria to launch that form or
report, the user can enter the criterion and view the results in one simple
operation!

End quote

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Bruister via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> Allen Browne wrote:
>> If you are using Access 2007, there's a built in date picker that should
>> fire if you set the Format property of the text box to General Date, and
>> leave the Input Mask blank.
>>
>> For any version, there's a simple little Access form here:
>>    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-51.html
>> Copy into your database.
>>
>>> I have some queries that give Start and End Dates in separate criteria
>>> text
>>> boxes to select a range of dates. Can these text boxes be replaced by Date
>>> Picker control or have the Date Picker appear in the text Box?
>
> Sorry but I didnt make my request clear enough. I meant the boxes that are
> titled 'Enter Parameter Value' that appear. At present I type a date, hit
> enter and the second box appears, also waiting for a date to be typed. Can
> the date picker be used instead? Thanks

0
John

formula to count matching days between two date ranges (for large list of names)
I have two sheets. Sheet 1 and sheet 2. Sheet1: has a list of Social Security Numbers, followed by a date Range (i.e., start date field and end date field). The date ranges are discrete (i.e., do not overlap) with each other for any given name. SHEET 1 Name A Start Date A End Date SSN1 1/1/09 1/5/09 SSN2 4/1/09 4/15/09 SSN1 3/2/10 3/15/10 SSN3 ETC... Sheet 2 has the same information (i.e., multiple records with SSNs, followed by date ranges Name B Start Date B End Date RESULT NEEDED SSN1 1/1/09 1/31/09 5 SSN2 4...

Outlook 2007 I want to create a search folder that contains compound criteria (search for x AND y). In the Search Folder Criteria dialog box, on the Advanced tab, there is a "More Advanced..." button, but it is grayed out. How do I enable that button, and is there a way to create a search folder with compound criteria? --Tom Hello Tom, You need to enable the query builder, see this microsoft Knowledgebase article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307922 On Dec 17 2008, 3:52=A0pm, "Thomas M." <NoEmailRepl...@Please.com> wrote: > Outlook 2007 > &g...

excel putting random cells into date format
I opened a new spreadsheetand started inputting data. About 100 lines into a very simple sheet of only 3 columns the numbers started turning inot dates all by them selves. I highlighted the cells and reformatted to the general formatting and it immediately went back to the date format. Additionally, when I printede the spreadsheet it printed pages and pages of blank gridlined sheets until I realized it and turned off the printer. THen when I saved the file it was 7meg! This file had 5 pages, 3 colums each and no more than 300 rows each. I cut and pasted the data into a spreadsh...

Formula reads date as number
I have a formula that reads a list of dates in cells K5 through K20 an compares these dates to 1 date in cell M3. Cell M3 shows a date bu when I run the evaluate formula auditing tool on the formula, M3 date shows as a number, thus the formula fails. Any hel -- pete576 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pete5761's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49423 Dates are stored as number of days since 1-1-1900. So today (dec 16,2005) is stored as...

Consolidation if a least one criteria is met
Dear all, I have the follwoing Name Value Criteria Aby 7 #N/A Oby 9 #N/A Ubi 1 #N/A Orbi 9 Yes Aby 6 Yes Oby 2 Yes and I would like to consolidate the data if "yes" is present at least once for the name e.g. Aby = 13, Oby = 11, Orbi = 9. I tried this formula in column D =SUMIFS(B2:B6,A2:A6,A2,C2:C6,OR(C2:C6="Yes",C2:C6)) and remove the duplicates but the formula does not add value with criteria = "Yes" any idea? Thank you HI Look at this: =IF(COUNTIFS($C$2:$C$7,"Y...

Sum cells using criteria from a row and a column
I am trying to sum cells in a sheet based on matching criteria in a row and matching criteria in a column. The data that I am working with is represented as: Resource: Resource1 JAN JAN JAN JAN FEB Project Project Description 12/19 12/26 1/2 1/9 1/16 Admin Administration 10 10 10 10 10 Holiday Holiday 8 8 Other Other time Off Training Training 20 Vacation Vacation 22 30 10 30 22 I ...

in access databse the function date() returns #name
i have created an access data base at access 2003 profisonal and used the function date() it worked properly . but when i have coped my data base at another computer at the same office , the funtion retuned (name#) aW4gQWNjZXNzOyB0aGUgRGF0ZSBmdW5jdGlvbiBkb2Vzbid0IHdvcmsgc29tZXRpbWVzLgoKaXQgd29ya3MgYWxsIHRoZSB0aW1lIGluIFNRTCBTZXJ2ZXI7IGJ1dCB5b3UndmUgZ290IHRvIGNhbGwgaXQKR0VUREFURSgpCgoKCk9uIE1hciA3LCAxMToyNMKgcG0sINmF2K3ZhdivINiq2KfYrCDYp9mE2KPYtdmB2YrYp9ihINin2YTYqNiu2YrYqiDZhdit2YXYryDYp9mE2LPZitivCjxAZGlzY3Vzc2lvbnMubWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbT4gd3JvdGU6Cj4gaSBoYXZlIGNyZWF0ZWQgYW4gYWNjZXNzIGRhdGEgYmFzZ...

Converting Date to Work Week...
Hello, I'm trying to convert a colum of entry dates to work weeks. I have a helper row for month and year but I do not know if there is a quick way (or a built in formula in excel) to determine the "work week" (within a month). For example: ENTRY DATE: Month: Work Week: 8/26/05 August 4 8/19/05 August 3 etc. Is there a formula that I can drag down this list of about 1,800 rows with all different months? Thanks, PZan -- PokerZan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PokerZan's Profile: ...

Date and time calculations
Hello, I have a problem with a formula in wich I like to add up an amount of hours to a date/time value. Please find below an example of what I am trying to do. Value A1: 15/03/2005 22:00 (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm) Value A2: 5 (hours) In cel A3 I would like to get the value of A1+A2 (result 16/03/2005 03:00) Can someone suggest what formula I must use? Thanx very much! Robert =a1+(a2/24) Format the way you like. (5 hours is 5/24ths of a day.) Robert wrote: > > Hello, > > I have a problem with a formula in wich I like to add up an amount of > hours to a date/time value. >...

Persisting kernel driver parameters
Hi, Can anyone tell me what is the method of persisting data for kernel parameters? Is it the registry? Is it based on normal files? Thx, Nuno Use the registry, unless you are talkig very big data files, putting it in the registry under the driver's services key beneath a Parameters key is the default approach. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr "sinosoidal" <sinosoidal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A45EB006-372...

Crystal XI will not show all possible values in a parameter field
Hello: We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static" rather than "dynamic". It works fine and, when you type in a value upon refreshing the report, the data is correct. We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the parameter value is dynamic rather than static. We do not want a range, but we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values. For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic parameter field...

How attach data in a row so it can be sorted by the date column?
I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted into one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. When I select the date column and hit the tool bar a-z button only the dates sort and not other information in the adjacent columns. What can I do? Hi! Select the entire range that you want to sort. Goto Data>Sort. Sort by the column that contain the dates. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted into >one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. W...

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

Difference criteria from different forms
I have messed with this for a while now and can get it to work. I have two different tabs (in a tab control) that have basically the same combo box which is a "Job#". There is a report button next to each of the combo box's that will run the same report. So if someone chose Job# ABC in tab 1 then navigated over to tab 2 and chose Job # 123 then clicks the report button on next to job# 123 the query criteria for "Job#" should use 123. however if they went back to tab 1 and hit the report button next to Job ABC then the query criteria for job# should use ABC. S...

Grouping dates on a chart
I have a workbook with 12 sheets in it, one for each month of the year. Each sheet has the day of the week in column B, several other values in columns C -- J and a transaction value in column K. What I want to do is create a chart that groups the dates into days of the week and then displays a bar showing the sum of all transactions on each of those days in the month. So, for example, the sheet for March would show: 1 x x x x x x x x 1250.00 2 x x x x x x x x 80.00 3 x x x x x x x x 3000.00 4 x x x x x x x...

Can I set date reminders in MS Excel?
I need to have date reminders in MS Excel. Is there a way out? do, what do you mean by a date reminder? Do you mean, like, how many days left till a project is do?? or maybe like a a schedule program to remind you of an appoinment??? "do" wrote: > I need to have date reminders in MS Excel. Is there a way out? I read this reply message and I would like to know the same thing. A message to pop up if a project is due in a day. "Lizzieope" wrote: > do, > what do you mean by a date reminder? Do you mean, like, how many days > left till a project ...

multiple criteria selection
i have a query with ten different fields. all fields contain vehicles, e.g. alfa romeo,fiat,chrysler,etc. i have created a form with check boxes for each vehicle. i aim for my query to return data according to the check boxes (usually more than one check box is selected) if the check box values are in any of the ten fields of my query. can i achieve that with only one query and if yes how? or do i have to use more than one query to filter my data? On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:18:03 -0800, angie <angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have a query with ten different fields. all...

date and time formatting
I have a formula in which the date and time are present in cells, bu when the destination cell returns them, they are in their numerica value. I need them to appear in the destination cell the same way the do in their home cells. here is the formula: ="p-v-w-"&B154&" ph "&E154&" fax "&H154&" ** "&X154&" * "&Y154&" "&AA154&" * "&" * "&AB154&" "&(Y4)&" - "&(Y5) y4 and y5 are the date and time cell refs Thanks and Happy ...

Partial match for query criteria
Hello, I am trying to create a query that will deliver results based on matching only a part of the text in a table field. For example, if I have a table that contains the names, address and phone numbers of 10,000 businesses but I only want my query to show me businesses that have the word "National" in their name, how would I do that? I'm not sure how to set up the criteria. Thanks for your help! Use the Like operator with wildcards. In the 'criteria' row of the business name column in query design view enter: Like "*National*" Or you can use a ...

Date Code
Here is my code that I'm having a problem with. I want the programming to start evaluating from cell I2 through the rest of the column. Is there a different way to write the code. Well the workbook opens, I get a message that says 'Type Mismatch' and highlights the boolean section of the if statement. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim Target As Range Application.Workbooks(1).Worksheets(5).Activate ActiveSheet.Range("I2").Select For Each Target In Range("I2:I20") If Target.Value <> "" And DateValue(Target.Value) - DateValue(Now)...

calculate dates in Excel 2000
I have a spreadsheet with two date columns, a holiday start date and a holiday finish date. I need to calculate the amount of holidays taken but if I subtract one from the other, I get the wrong answer. Eg 01/01/05 and 10/01/05, would be 10 days taken, however the formula returns only 9. Any ideas please. -- Trainer Look at the NETWORKDAYS() function: will that do it for you? Your Jan 1 through Jan 10 example includes two weekends, so NETWORKDAYS will not be your best choice if you count weekend days as holidays. If you say "I'll be on holiday from the 7th through the 10th&...

Inser the current date into a field in a Table
Hi, I want to insert the current date into "LastUpdateCost" field fromthe "CYCLETICKETNUMBER" table. I have the following code but is notcomplete. Can you help me????? strSql = "INSERT INTO CYCLETICKETNUMBER (LastCostUpdate) Date ;" db.Execute strSql, dbFailOnErrorThe code is incomplete because I don't know the what code I need to dowhat I want. Thanks for your help. Hope you have a nice day.JC jeanhurtado@gmail.com wrote:> Hi, I want to insert the current date into "LastUpdateCost" field from> the "CYCLETICKETNUMBER" table. I h...

word document date
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to create an invoice for last month + I cannot stop word from automatically inserting today's date. This occurs in a template I downloaded from microsoft. Go to Insert menu choose Date and time choose desired format and make sure that automatically update is unchecked. > Go to Insert menu choose Date and time choose desired format and make sure that automatically update is unchecked. <br><br>Thank you. ...

Creating a Report with Multi Criteria
I would like to create a report that will allow for multi criteria. More than one Parameter. For example, I want to print a report for more than one company name. Have it come up as a list box and then allow them to mulit-select the companies I want the report to print. I was able to create a list box allowing for multi-criteria select but how do I get it to a report? You need to step through the list box's ItemsSelected collection and build a value list which can be used to filter the report. Set up the list box like this: For its RowSource property: SELECT CompanyID...

Why is date accessed and date modified different?(Excel 2000)
Hi, I am puzzled by the fact that one of my excel documents shows a different modified time than the the accessed time. I do not remember saving(i wrote down the last time I saved and the time modified) and this time is changed. I don't share computers with anyone. Does the system modify these files sometimes? Thanks, Ed Some functions such as NOW and TODAY are "volatile" meaning that they will cause a calculation of those cells when any calculation is mode, including updating those values when the workbook is open. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Profe...