New Records Not In Query

Hello All:

I have a query with a very detailed criteria.  I inputted new records
by using forms that meet the criteria of the query.  However, they are
not there.  Can anyone tell me of some type of refresh that I need to
do in order for the records to show up in the query?  The records are
in the main table and the main query.  Any input would be appreciated.

-Anthony Moran
Pension Fund Intern

0
antmorano

Anthony

Queries retrieve records from tables (and other queries).

Tables store data.

Forms are used to display (and enter/edit) data.

If you've added records via your forms, those records should be in the
underlying table.  First confirm that your newly added records are being
stored.

Next, have you re-run the query after adding the records?  Each time a
"Select" query is run, it will look for all records matching the selection
criteria.

If you have confirmed that the new records are in the table, but the query
(re-run) does not find them, then the selection criteria don't match what's
in the new records.  An example of this involves the difference between
searching for a record that matches a specific date (say, #5/1/2007#) vs a
field in the table that stores a date/time value (e.g. noon on 5/1/2007).

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

<antmorano@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All:
>
> I have a query with a very detailed criteria.  I inputted new records
> by using forms that meet the criteria of the query.  However, they are
> not there.  Can anyone tell me of some type of refresh that I need to
> do in order for the records to show up in the query?  The records are
> in the main table and the main query.  Any input would be appreciated.
>
> -Anthony Moran
> Pension Fund Intern

0
Jeff
6/5/2007 4:13:51 PM
Thanks everyone for the efficient response.  Yes the records are in
the table.  There are records already within the query that are
equivalent to that the new records inputted.

Jeff- when you say "re-run" do you mean hitting the exclamation point
on the toolbar at the top?  I'm a novice at access so I am not
familiar with all the lingo.

Thanks.

-Anthony Morano

0
antmorano
6/5/2007 4:22:17 PM
Anthony

How were you "running" the query before?

Two ways, right off the top...

One is to highlight the query name in the database window and press <Enter>.

Another is to open the query in design view and hit the <!> button, as you
mentioned.

(other ways involve using macros or code to run the query)

> Thanks everyone for the efficient response.  Yes the records are in
> the table.  There are records already within the query that are
> equivalent to that the new records inputted.
>
> Jeff- when you say "re-run" do you mean hitting the exclamation point
> on the toolbar at the top?  I'm a novice at access so I am not
> familiar with all the lingo.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Anthony Morano

0
Jeff
6/5/2007 7:43:01 PM
I attempted to run the query again and unfortunately it did not work.
I believe that I have an error in the Criteria.  I have 9 lines of
criteria and I believe that some may contradict each other.  It is
actually very hard to get it right.  I don't understand why when I
delete one field that something else works in its place instead.  For
example I delete <>"CANCELLED" and this brings up records that didn't
have "CANCELLED" in that field.  It is really frustrating.

Anthony Morano
Pension Fund Intern

0
antmorano
6/5/2007 8:17:41 PM
Anthony

When I have a particularly complex set of selection criteria to figure out,
I start out from the beginning.  I'll use a single selection criterion and
make sure that's working, then add a second, and check.  And again, ... and
again, ... and again!

Good luck!

>I attempted to run the query again and unfortunately it did not work.
> I believe that I have an error in the Criteria.  I have 9 lines of
> criteria and I believe that some may contradict each other.  It is
> actually very hard to get it right.  I don't understand why when I
> delete one field that something else works in its place instead.  For
> example I delete <>"CANCELLED" and this brings up records that didn't
> have "CANCELLED" in that field.  It is really frustrating.
>
> Anthony Morano
> Pension Fund Intern

0
Jeff

Write Contents of TextBox to new Workbook
Hi, I am trying to get a macro to write the contents of multiple textboxes to a new workbook. The idea is that the macro would open up a new workbook, write the contents of the textbox to a named cell range and then save the new workbook with the name of say range "A1" in the new workbook. Is this possible. Many thanks as always. -- Andy Tallent ...

Use Save As or Save Query?
I've got an Access Database table with several thousand entries. I applied a filter to get me a sub-set of entries that I want to export into Excel. When I click Save As, it pops up with a box that's totally unfamilar to me. What I think I need to do is save the new table I created with the filter as a different name than the table I started from so I don't accidentally wipe out previous information. But I'm clueless on how to do this. Help! Thanks! On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 11:00:02 -0700, Historian <Historian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've got an Acce...

Reprting serviices error after adding new reports to CRM
After deploying new customized reports to CRM 3.0 users can't view anyone of them. They recive the following error: Reporting Services Error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help Query execution failed for data set 'createdon'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) Get Online Help Invalid object name 'FilteredLead'. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Important information: CRM 3.0 run on SQL 2000 with SP 3 and...

Error Inactivating an Employee Record
We have a customer running GP V 10.0. They are receiving an error message when trying to inactivate an employee record - Unposted transactions exist for this employee- even though nothing is in process or unposted. We have gone through the steps to clear data and still receive the error message. Ran some select scripts and found some records in the UPR19901 table - Payroll Acct. Cache. There are currently no payrolls in process - what does this table hold and is it safe to delete these records? ...

Exract Records with Nul value
I need a report to pull out records from a table that have not had and entry recorded against them in a certain date range ie from 1st May to 30th June show only blade numbers with no record for that time period. Fiona Presumably you have 2 tables: - a Blade table, with a unique BladeID primary key. - the table you describe, that may or may not have had an entry for a particular BladeID in May/June. We will call this one Table2. So, Table2 has a BladeID field that related to the BladeID of your Blade table. If that's the idea, you can create a query using Table2, selecting the dist...

WMC Audio garbled when playing back recorded tv show
When I play back some recorded TV shows the audio is garbled on some recordings and not others. I can view those channels and they sound fine. But the recorded shows from those channels are garbled. I have Time Warner cable and a strong signal going to the TV card. My audio card is fine on all other media so I do not think its that. These files sound bad on other pc's. I'm at a loss, can anyone help? Win 7 pro 64 bit all updates. Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo TV card with latest drivers. Motherboard: CPU Type ...

Code for "OK" in Dialog Box to lead to selected records in Form Vi
Let's say that I have a "United States" Database with 50 records - each record contains information about each state (i.e. population, state bird, sports teams, governor's name, etc.) Once the database is opened, the user will go to a switchboard, that contains several search for lists (i.e search by state bird, search by governor's name) Pressing any "search for" button will run a macro that will lead them to a drop down menu for that category. Now let's say that the user wants to see all records where the governor's name is John Smi...

How to add another field to a max query result without grouping
I am trying to create a query to find the most recent locationID for each item with a TrkID but i can only seem to get it with two queries then join it back on lochist date and TRKiD Is this the best way?? Here is the query to get the max date for each TRKID isnt there a clean way to add in one more field "LocationID" ?? SELECT TRKID, Max(T_LocationHistory.LocHistDate) AS MaxOfLocHistDate FROM T_LocationHistory GROUP BY TRKID; if i do i get the max date for each unique TrkID and LocationID combo Thanks Why does it seem you cant find the answer till you post a...

Re: New Beta Release Of Windows Live -- Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810) 08-18-10
Cute little bright red toolbox at Maintenance and Troubleshooting. <g> Nancy Jackman ...

Query, linked tables
I have a table called tblPA where all personal data of Personal Assistants (PA) is recorded, being PaID the primary key. The second table linked by PaID as foreign key, is called tblavailabilitytowork, it has a y/n field for each time frame they can work, e.g.: on MondayAM, MondayPM, MondayOvernight, etc. When a client asks for a PA for certain hours of work, let’s say e.g. Tuesdays and Wednesdays PM, I should be able to create a query with the list of PAs that are able to work in such time frame. How can I do it? Thank you Ioia You will need to create a large, slow Union que...

Exclude all records based on null value
I have a database which I want to calculate vehicle monthly usage. I also need to be able to show daily which vehicles should be used based on that usage and not show vehicles which have already been signed out, so I need a query(s) that will exclude any vehicle that has an "ending mileage" that is null; i.e. Vehicle#1 has been sign out and returned several times during the month, but has not been returned yet today, so it should not appear on the list of available vehicles. Fields I think I need to use are "Vehicle#", "Returned Y/N", "Endin...

Query-based DG's
Hi there, I need to create some DG's for departmental staff, which I have no problem in doing. However, i'm getting stuck when someone belongs to more than 1 department, and someone else only belongs to only 1 department. I'm using the Department field in the user property to set this, using the format; Singe Department: Department 1 Double Department: Department 1, Department 2 So I create a DG with a custom filter which looks at the Department Filed, via the following condition(s); Field Condition Value...

Commit/Save Record
I have a form where users enter data. Once the record is edited a picture of a pencil appears to indicate that the record has been edited. I want to commit the record to the database/save the record immediately after the record is edited. How would I do this? Thanks, Manuel On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:26:26 -0700, Manuel <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form where users enter data. Once the record is edited a picture of >a pencil appears to indicate that the record has been edited. I want to >commit the record to the database/save the r...

Losing New Mail Merge Template
I'm trying to create a new mail merge template from a word doc. I get to the window: "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mail Merge for Microsoft Office Word". I've tried the "Organization" and "Personal" mail merge template options and go through the process of creating new, picking the doc (xml), uploading, picking data fields. After I "save and close", I never see the new template on the list. What am I missing here? My goal is to have a template that users can easily access to do mail merges based on a contact record or a report or view of con...

Query Question 10-24-07
I have a table with the following values: Date StaffName ExpenseType Amount Details 10/10/2007 Staff1 Medical $50.00 Attached medical cretificate 10/10/2007 Staff1 Entertainment $100.00 Cleint entertainment 10/10/2007 Staff1 Local Transport $3.50 Train Cahrges 10/10/2007 Staff2 Stationery $12.00 Stationeries for admin work I want a result fas follows: Date StaffName Details Medical Entertainment Local Transport Stationery 10/10/2007 Staff1 Attached Medical $50 $100 $3.50 ...

Inbox shows new items that can't be seen
I have a user that keeps getting the alert that there are new items in his inbox(Outlook 2002) but when he opens his inbox they do not show up. He has to do an advanced search to see the new email. Also today when that happened when he closed the email it just went away. Another odd part of this is we have web access to there inbox and if we look there they all show up. Any help would be great!! ...

Query Active Directory for OWA users
Can anyone tell me if it possible to query active directory to resolve all users with access to outlook web access enabled? and if so, how? this is making me crazy. By default all mailbox enable users have access to outlook web access. You can query the AD for the attribute protocolSettings to find user that have OWA disable. Good article on OWA in the link below. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Securing-Exchange-Server-2003-Outlook-Web-Access-Chapter5.html <rob@robnles.com> wrote in message news:1110916531.628512.237870@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone tell me...

Set subform record enable/no enabled
Hi Guys, I have a subform bound to a query. As part of that query is a checkbox, [chkSelect] to allow users to select or de-select items on the subform, what I am looking to do is, if the checkbox is selected I want the record to be set as enabled = no if the record is not selected I want enabled = yes The subform is layout out as a form not datasheet. Thanks On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 14:02:32 -0000, "EddWood" <Edd_nospam_@Wood\hotmail.co.uk> wrote: Try this: in the Form_Current event write: Me.AllowEdits = Not Me!chkSelect -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP ...

public view which displays all the records under a business unit?
Hi we have a requirement where a user should be able to see all the records created under his business unit by selecting a public view. He must be able to see all the records created by other users belonging to his business unit. If any one has worked on this or faced the similar requirement, please revert back. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

Record Count Help
I have a form to track Dispute Calls that come into our call center. Each call is an individual record saved to a table. However, there are instances where I'll need multile records to count as 1 dispute. This way if a client calls 5 times about the same dispute, the query or report will count it at 1 and not 5. I thought about making a seperate textbox to manually input a number and have the query or report search for unique instances of records. But I'm not sure how to do that either. Assistance please? Thanks. You might want to include a field "DisputeID&quo...

how to use this to query my table?
I have a table with 30,000 records. I'd like to use this http://www.regular-expressions.info/email.html to query my email fields (show invalid emails). I'd like to use the first expression listed on that site. How do I proceed? On Sun, 16 May 2010 18:52:30 -0700 (PDT), Song <song.usa@gmail.com> wrote: Write a public function in a standard module: Public Function TestEmail(myEmailField as string) as Boolean Dim pattern As String pattern = "\b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b" Dim r As RegExp 'Requires a reference to Microsoft VBScr...

I cannot retrieve my new and old email from my exchange server using
I cannot retrieve my new and old email from my exchange server using web outlook. Only email that I haven't open using office outlook. Once I open the mail using office outlook, web outlook does not show the email anymore. Is this a problem with the settings of the office outlook or I need to make changes in the server? Thank you jesusde@gmail.com <jesusde@gmail.com> wrote: > I cannot retrieve my new and old email from my exchange server using > web outlook. Only email that I haven't open using office outlook. Once > I open the mail using office outlook, web outlo...

Slow opening of new tabs in IE 8
A couple of days ago I posted a question about new tabs opening very slowly, either by selecting a new tab near the top of the page, or by ctrl-click on a hyperlink. It was taking upwards of 15 seconds for new tabs to load! My query didn't draw any responses, and I was getting so exasperated that I was ready to download and use a different browser. A search finally yielded a suggestion to disable Java Plug-In SSV Helper add-on. I followed that suggestion and my problem resolved completely. Just an FYI to anyone else who may be experiencing this problem. -- Bill Cowa...

Create a new chart in C#
I would like to create a new chart in c#, with each series coming from a different range. I have an array of Excel.Range - ranges... Here's what I have so far: Excel.Range range = ranges[0]; Excel.Worksheet ws = (Excel.Worksheet)range.Worksheet; Excel.ChartObjects charts = (Excel.ChartObjects)ws.ChartObjects(Type.Missing); Excel.Chart c = ((Excel.ChartObject)charts.Add((double)range.Left, (double)range.Top, 500, 300)).Chart; chart = c; Excel.SeriesCollection sc = (Excel.SeriesCollection)ch...

New SBS Install is Open Relay
I won't say I'm 100% sure I didn't change a setting, but I really don't think I did. I have a user who just had an email bounce because we are aparently listed at dnsbl.theotherend.com and I ran the Exchange Best Practice Analyzer and it also says I am an open relay. I don't need users to be able to login with POP3 or IMAP. If they want their mail I'll make them go through OWA. Where do I start to fix this? Many Thanks! 324958 How to block open SMTP relaying and clean up Exchange Server SMTP queues http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324958 -- Michael Barta [M...