Need help with Access report

I designed an access report with a facility and a buch of contacts for that.
I created a group on the facility ID. I want only a certain type of contact
to show up in the facility group header and rest of the contact types in the
details sectio.

Before some takes a wag at answering this, could you provide a little better
description? Individual contacts normally would display in the detail
section, not "in the facility group header". Maybe you should type in some
significant records/fields and how and why they should display in your report.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"AccessUser" wrote:

> I designed an access report with a facility and a buch of contacts for that.
> I created a group on the facility ID. I want only a certain type of contact
> to show up in the facility group header and rest of the contact types in the
> details sectio.

Custom report sample error when upload
I was trying to recreate the sample Account Activities Report from one of the CRM training guides. It works correctly in SQL Server BI, the preview works, etc. But when I go to upload the report to CRM, I get the following unhandled error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? -Melissa Hi Are you running your MSCRM Application Pool as Netowrk Service or a domain account? Goto Reports Manager and check that either the Domain Account or NT...

use CSV as Database Files to generate Crystal Report
Hi all, I am trying to use CSV file as Database Files to generate Crystal Report. However, I am always prompted for user and password, which does not make sense. However, it works well with XML file. Could someone please help me on how to get the CSV file to work? Thank you very much. regards, Sean You'd be better of posting to a newsgroup regarding Crystal. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:44:26 -0800, "Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi al...

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

CRM 4.0 Report Deployment
Hi When I deploy a custom report (through Web UI) and run it, no data is displayed. The report header, footer, etc, display, but there is no data. To simplify the problem I created a very simple report with no parameters, which selects all from filteredsystemuser, and the problem was the same. This is in a test VPC, the whole environment is contained in the VPC. I am developing/publishing/viewing as the CRM administrator. The steps I took were: - Created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio using Wizard (installed in VPC) - Created a new DataSet called dsTest with a new D...

Custom reports/queries across multiple companies in Business Porta
Is there any way to create a custom query or report that can be run inside Business Portal and which pulls figures from multiple Great Plains companies. Thank you. A View can be constructed in one database that pulls data from other databases. This view can then be used as the source for reports in tools like Crystal etc -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "KT" wrote: > Is there any way to create a custom query or report th...

Tips and tutorials needed
Hi. I've posted a couple of times already in the past couple of days, so accept my apologies for bugging you if you've seen my request already, but I'm putting together a blog or Excel tips, tricks and tutorials and need some more input. The site is http://teachr.blogspot.com . If you have any tutorials of your own on Excel then please email your ideas or your tutorials to me at mattyboy150279@gmail.com and I'll consider adding them. Also if you have any ideas for tutorials that would be good on the site, please also drop me a line or respond to this topic. Ideas include:- ...

clicking TOOLS/OPTIONS gives me error msg "cannot access dir D:/"
I need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. But when I click on any tab in the OPTIONS menu it gives me the error message "cannot access dir D:/documents" I may have changed the name of that directory at some point and I suspect that is the problem. However I still need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. How do I fix it? Hi Lori Close Excel Add this directory D:/documents and try again And try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori Rossi" <Lori Rossi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A25E1A-D...

tab in access
-- I added a tab control to a form what do i do so it should be from right to left? Gal On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 02:57:01 -0700, Gal <Gal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: That is currently not supported. Why do you need it? -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP > >-- I added a tab control to a form what do i do so it should be from right >to left? >Gal I am programing for a company in Israel and they write in hebrew plz help me if u can -- Gal "Gal" wrote: > > -- I added a tab control to a form what do i do so it should be from right ...

Outlook failure to send Access reports
I email reports from Access using Outlook. At times, the email will hang up in my outbox and will not send even if I open it and try to send it manually. Any of you fine folks know what's going on and how to fix this? Thanks - Ken Smith -- KMS Technical Solutions ...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

HELP: Excel userform version control issue
Hi All, I have an excel userform that is posted on my companys intranet. The issue I am having is, users are saving this form to their hard drive and then using it(Instead of launching it everytime from intranet), SO basically when I have a new version of form on intranet they still use the old version as they have a habbit of saving it on their hard drive. Is there a way to resove this? something like they would see a popup message saying that "This is an older version that you are using, Please launch the form from Intranet for newer version". Thanks in advan...

Sending emailes from Access
Once i week i would like an easy way from access to send out a a email to some customer that query will find. Whats the eaasyest wasy to send a email to about 20- 30 people, the email will be the same to every one, I know i could go throught outlook and do a mail merge but is there a way i can just have a button on a access form that will automatical send out an email to lots of people Thanks very much Any help would be great Best Regards Simon Dickson Poke around the Access EMail FAQ that Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm. There's likely something there...

Outlook Web Access error
Got this error message when trying to access my mailbox from Outlook Web Access. "Unable to get renderer" This happened on a particular machine but work fine on other machine. Anyone know what going on? ...

Outlook attachment problems
Dear Our oversea office sender using Outlook Sending message (HTML) insert a picture sending message to my office, when I have received the attachment auto duplicate one set in the message. I have asked the sender try remove the picture and FORWARD to my e-mail, but the attachment sill in the message and auto duplicate one set attachment. Out overseas office using MS SBS , user setup WG mode for outlook download message. I am not sure which part problems or virus effect. Please advice how to solve out the problems ASAP. JACKIE ...

Access Reports Disappear
I had a database that I had used for years with no problem. Lately I've noticed that some of the reports are disappearing. Yet, if I try to create a new report with the same name, Access says "Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library." So, I created a new database. The only thing I imported was the tables from the old database. Yet, I'm having the same problem. Has anyone seen this before? Make sure you have SHOW HIDDEN OBJECTS set to YES. Then take a look around for those "missing" reports... "JG" wrote: > I had a da...

need age in future year
I'm a new user and need help. I have a column with dates of birth (xx/xx/xx) and want to know the age (in years only) that each person will be by the end of 2010. Then I want to indicate "yes" if they will be 65 or older by that time. Thanks! -- MEJ Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1) Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below To calculate the age of the person on line 2, enter the formula D$1-D2 in Cell E2 Format Cell E2 to be Custom and use the masking of YY Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1) Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below To calculate the age of ...

How to add summary fields to Group Footer in Access Reports?
How do you add a Summary fields to Group Footers in Access? I have a Detail field I want to Sum in the Group Footer in my report. -- Pat Dools ...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Help with Inbox repair tool please
I have a problem with my outlook 2000 and have been advised to use the inbox repair tool. I have opened the inbox repair tool, and I am asked to enter the folder name or to browse and enter the location of the folder, I need to enter the delete items folder but do not know where to find it. Any help appreciated. John The Inbox Repair Tool works against Personal Folders Files (.PST files), not against individual folders within the .PST file. If you don't know where your .PST file is located, you can find it this way: In Outlook, make sure the Folder List is visible (View | Folder...

Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item
Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with an Investment account with the investment account. For investment accounts, 2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such as below. I want only one amount reported. Account Name X $x Account Name X (cash) $Y Using Money 2004. Thx Probably not. Money really does think these are two accounts. You could always copy the report to Excel where you could make it say anything you want. "Bill Toupee" <billtupea@domain.com> wrote in message news:hmnXf.210000$H%4.1...

Help; how do i change the waiting circle (in IE tab) to anything e
I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side pages to do their work. The waiting circle icon gives me a headache so I would like to change that to something else please. I remember IE6 had a great Microsoft Flag logo that would wave while a page would load. Could I get IE8 to use this logo? Sorry Trozza, you can't. "Trozza Mited" <Trozza Mited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C401644-2391-4317-92BD-D7F3DFD2B06C@microsoft.com... > I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side > p...

Help With Problem: Nested IF Function, Office2K v Office2003
Hello Group, I'm looking for some help with a nested IF worksheet function. Shown below is a formula that I'm using in a model. =SUM(IF(worksheet!$A$3:$A$54=DATEVALUE("9/1/2005"),IF(worksheet!$B$3:$B$54="<90",worksheet!$C$3:$C$54,0),0)) If short, what I'm trying to do is scan the data in two columns and for any cells which meet the TRUE case in both columns, then sum the third numbers for all cases returning TRUE-TRUE. If either cell returns a FALSE, then enter 0. I created the original formulas and model in Office2000 and have used the model for more tha...

Please help with New Database Query
Newbie to New Database Query - Can you change a spreadsheet to a table if so how? I have a lot of spreadsheets that I would like to work with in New Database Query. Can this be done. Any help will be greatly appreciated. In general, if you select a range and give it a name....MS Query will recognize it as a data source: Example for data in Cells A1:Z500, with column headings (EmpID, FName, Lname, etc): Select A1:Z500 In the Names box (just above the Col_A heading) type rngMyData1 Press [Enter] Next, save your workbook. Then...Data>Import External Data>New Database Query When y...