Need help to find Values after from

This what a snippit of what my field COMMENT looks like.
I would like to be able to get the difference of the from to
Thanks for any help.

00033300718160: from $86.990 to $91.550
033300611072: from $25.650 to $25.450
050545220203: from $4.250 to $4.250

First Value can be calculated with
Val(Mid([Comments],Instr(1,[Comments],"from $",1)+6))

Second value can be calculated with
Val(Mid([Comments],Instr(1,[Comments],"to $",1)+3))

Difference is computed by subtracting the two values.

As long as Comments is not null I think this should work for you.  It does
rely on the data entry being consistent.

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

> This what a snippit of what my field COMMENT looks like.
> I would like to be able to get the difference of the from to
> Thanks for any help.
>
> 00033300718160: from $86.990 to $91.550
> 033300611072: from $25.650 to $25.450
> 050545220203: from $4.250 to $4.250

0
John

Help
I'm using XSLT and .NET Framework 1.1 to try to transform XML to group by multiple values, and I'm not succeeding. I have source XML that looks like the following: <Data> <Flavor> <Name>Vanilla</Name> <StartDate>20070704</StartDate> <EndDate>20071231</EndDate> </Flavor> <Flavor> <Name>Chocolate</Name> <StartDate>20070704</StartDate> <EndDate>20071131</EndDate> </Flavor> <Flavor> <Name>Strawberry</Name> <StartDate>20070804</StartDate>...

Installation of Crystal Reports says that 9.2.0 detected, needs 9.
Hello, I am in the process of installing CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 SBS server. I have gotten to the point of installing the Crystal Reports that comes with CRM onto the server. When I try to install Crystal Reports, it says that it has detected version 9.2.0 on the server and it needs to be upgraded to v9.2.2 before installation of CR can continue. The only copy of CR that I can figure out that is on the server is the copy that came with Visual Studio. I can't figure out how to tell what its version number is.. Its a pretty stripped down copy of CR. Looking at the makers of ...

Help please #10
thank you it works eventhough Ihave to customize it to my specs. Concerning the possibilities my number list is 6 to 9 digits with almost no chance of repeating so it should a little easier. But i can run it overnight. much appreciatted!! -- mik00725 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mik00725's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16169 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275961 ...

adding multiple worksheet values
Hi all, and excuse the ignorance, but I'm asking this on behalf of a friend. He has an Excel file with 12 spreadsheets named January to December. Each spreadsheet has a column of figures which individually tally up on the bottom of each page using a standard formula. Is there any way of setting a formula to add up the 12 totals of each worksheet to give a gross total on the month 12 spreadsheet. Best wishes, John One way =SUM(January:December!A500) where A500 is the cell with the totals on each page -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John Orrett" <johnorrett@blueyonder.co.uk&g...

computer shutting down itself please help
Hi Everyone Few days ago my computer started to shut down itself after entering desktop, as if i unplugged it.That happens randomly not all the time.I checked for errors in the event viewer but their were no errors.I ran a full scan to check for virus or spyware it came out clean.I opened the case checked processor and power supply fan they are spinning and no dust inside since i cleaned it few months ago.Also CPU temperature is 34C so it is not overheating.I removed RAM sticks and tried another pair of RAM still i had the same problem.I checked hard drive for errors using er...

Formula help needed!
I have an amount in cell "A". I want cell "B" to decrease by an amount when cell "A" is increased.I am doing inventory, Cell "A" will be a case a Dr. does. Cell "B" will be an Item in my inventory. If I increase then number in cell "A"(meaning the Dr. did another case) I want 1 subtracted from each item used in my inventory list (Item totals in stock are in cell "B") I hope I explained this good enough. Gene. Hi this is not possible with formulas. This would require VBA (using an event procedure). is this a possible way f...

Need help with complex Lookup formula....
Need a formula that I just can't seem to get. I have a sheet that has a header row "Day 1" to "Day 31" then belo that a section of rows with data. Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 ........ 1 0 -1 2 ........ 0 3 -10 5 ........ What I need to do is write a lookup that takes a day number input (Fo example, 2) and adds all the data from the column that has "Day 2 header to the next 7 days to "Day 9". So it would be 7 coulmns wide an like 20 rows down. I've tried all sorts of stuff bu...

DATA LABEL HELP
I have a regular area chart and my data labels are several points away from where the value crosses the X axix.....in other words I need my data labels to move up each time the graph is drawn. I am using VBA to draw the graphs automatically - I know I can move the labels manually but since I have this fully automated, I need to automatically have the data labels sit on top of the value where the top of my area graph crosses the X axis...... PLEASE HELP! If the points have data labels, and you've used one of the standard positions for the labels (above, left, etc.), the data labels mov...

Combine Two Fields Values for Totals Report
Hi Folks - I am tracking criminal cases. Each case has two combo-box disposition fields: DISP1 and DISP2. Both dispositions "lookup" the same list of dispositions, such as guilty, not guilty, waived and dismissed. I need to run a report that counts the COMBINED values of both disposition fields. So, for 4 cases, if the DISP1 field contained: Guilty Guilty Dismissed Waived and the DISP2 field contained: Guilty Dismissed Not Guilty Waived then I would need a query/report that counted the total dispositions. So the final report would be: Guilty 3 Dismissed 2 Waived 2 No...

how to find records based on three sets of criteria
Hey gang - Access 2003 I have a table that displays the something similar to the following: PatientID____F1____F2____F3____F4____F5 A101_______yes___392___45____121___300 A102_______no____312___57____324___100 A103_______yes___203___213___242___192 What I want to do is a query to find those patients who meet THREE specific sets of criteria in combination. Sounds easy enough. But here's the catch...that criteria could be all over the place. For example, criteria could be any combination of the following (and these aren't all of the possible combinations, just a ha...

Y Axis : Dynamically Hardcode Min/Max Values?
I have a number of data tables in a summary topsheet. I have added a dynamic table that uses the indirect function to populate this grid and generate a graph for only the data our execs want to see. If I choose the "Auto" feature to assign the Min/Max Value of the Y Axis, some of the lines in the chart appear too flat... I need to be able to assign Min/Max Values for the Y-Axis based on my criteria, not Excel's default selcetions (i.e. the min value should almost never be 0 on these graphs, but from chart to chart, some are 10 some would be 10,000). I am using Excel 2003 ...

Can I have more than 255 characters in Chart "Values" of Excel 2k?
Basically put, when I'm trying to graph specific values from a very large and complex spreadsheet, I can't use all the cells I need to use because the X Values: and Y Values: are truncated at 255 characters. Is there any sort of fix for this? Excel has a specification limit of 255 data series in a chart Not sure I could read with much more than 10! -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lloyd Benson" <Lloyd Benson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E197374-9397-4B23-9F3C-9D79F75E04FB@microsoft.com... > Basicall...

Please help I'm in the middle of a activating the Exchange 2000 mailboxes
Hi everyone: It's Saturday argh!!.. and I'm activating the Exchange 2000 mailboxes on each computer 4 computers are working so far with Outlook 2002 and 2003. But there are bunches of pc's Outlook 2000, 2002 who can send emails to people within our domain and to email addresses outside our domain, I can confirm that all the messages are being delivered, but when I reply to the user using an outside account ex. from yahoo.com the message is never downloaded to the user. When I try send and receive from the Exchange user mailbox I don't see the reply message from my yahoo acco...

Help with automatic dates
Hello: I have craeted a spreadsheet with names and dates which have due date for each name. My spreadsheet has the names in the first column; the type of follow u eg. 30 days, 60 days etc. and the last column has the date that th individual follow ups are due. How do I program Excel so that the du dates for each customer is automatically updated every 30 days, 60 day etc. Also, how do I link the cells with the dates to the individua columns. I hope that someone can help. Thanks -- foxx6 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- foxx60's Profile: http://www...

How to get value out of formulae
I'm having problems with formulae. I type a formula into a cell and I get the formula; I can't get the value. When I copy a cell with a formula, the value is copied not the relative formula. Frustrating. This hasn't happened to me before until I moved the spreadsheet to a machine using another version of Excel 2000. sometimes I get it to work with a combination of format changes of the reference cells and the formula cell but I can't fix it consistently. Any ideas? Kozmo First check under tools>options>calculations and see if you have manual calculation, if so set...

Pls Help with SetCapture()...
Hi, I'm trying to use the SetCapture() API and am having a few problems with it. It has worked fine for me in the past, so I'm not quite sure what the problem is and whether its in MFC or Win32. Here is the scenario: I'm trying to implement "full drag" MFC control bars. For the sake of argument a CToolBar. By "full drag" I mean Office 2003 style where the toolbar is moved around in real time and you can see it completely rather then the lame stock MFC "outline style drag". I've got this part all working. Here is the problem: I can drag th...

Why do I get a runtime error when I am using online help?
When I click on online help I am getting runtime errors ...

HELP! I did an Office 2003 repair and now all my e-mail is GONE!!
Ok, so with hopes of getting rid of an annoying message instructing me something to the effect a the file Normal.dot already existed everytime I closed Outlook I did an Office repair using the "Detect and Repair" option. When all was done and I opened Outlook again all my e-mails had dissapeared and it asked to set up an account for the program. So far I've only configured it for my Hotmail account, not my other one just in case the e-mails associated with that account are hidden in a folder somewhere and adding said account, would delete it. If I go to AppData...

Formula Help #27
Hi there, Bit of a complex one here ..I think ! But here's an example of what i have anyway A B C D E F 93 Afghanistan Afghanistan 17.22 17.22 17.22 9370 Afghanistan-Mobile Afghanistan-Mobile 16.40 16.40 16.40 9371 Afghanistan-Mobile Albania 6.04 6.04 6.04 9372 Afghanistan-Mobile Albania-Mobile 11.30 11.30 11.30 9379 Afghanistan-Mobile Albania-Tirana 3.47 3.47 3.47 Basically what i need it to do , is check column B against column C and if ...

Pivot Table Help
I was wondering if it was possible to link an existing pivot table to a worksheet in an external workbook. If so, would anyone know how to do this? Thank you all so much for any information you have! Mandi ...

Need Help regarding "send AS"
Hey all. I'm trying to give a user "send As" permission. But it does not work. I have done all the right thin. Gave the acount i want to access, send as permision. The only user that seems to be working, is the Administrator. If i want to send a massage as the Administrator, it works, but not with a user. Any ideas ? Regards Henrik ps. Sory for my bad english :D How are you doing it? How long are you waiting before panicking? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:115938...

Pivot Table Refresh Data
Hi everone. This is really urgent for me. I have this spreadsheet and when I open it. It has a pivot table and I normally update the data by right click -> Refresh data. Q: How do I find out where it is pulling the data to update from? Your help will be most appreciated!!! Regards James James8309 wrote: > Hi everone. > > This is really urgent for me. I have this spreadsheet and when I open > it. It has a pivot table and I normally update the data by right click > -> Refresh data. > > Q: How do I find out where it is pulling the data to update from? > >...

Help about LARGE_INTEGER
Hi, I need to use a LARGE_INTEGER variable for API call. But I found that LARGE_INTEGER is not __int64. It's a struct. So, my questions is, how to get dwTestRst1 and dwTestRst2 as below? Thanks in advance. =================================================================== LARGE_INTEGER hugeTest; DWORD dwTest; DWORD dwTestRst1; DWORD dwTestRst2; dwTestRst1 = hugeTest / dwTest; dwTestRst2 = hugeTest % dwTest; David wrote: > I need to use a LARGE_INTEGER variable for API call. > But I found that LARGE_INTEGER is not __int64. It's a struct. > So, my questions is, how to g...

Help Moving Controls (SDI)
There must be an easier way to do all of this! Please help. I have an editing application that allows the user to create and edit custom buttons, listboxes, etc... I can allow the user to resize the objects (no problem), but when the user tries to move the objects to a different location in the View I have issues. I found one way to allow the user to move a CButton type (yes, I have a pointer to the current CView object): void CustomButton::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { if(nFlags & MK_LBUTTON) { ClientToScreen(&point); RECT tmpRect; _view->GetWindowRect(&...

how to test if attribute in sibling nodes have same value
I bit new to this. My xml files contains the following nodes: <root> <WI Title="Test1"> <Role Name="Legal"/> <Role Name="PM"/> </WI> <WI Title="Test1"> <Role Name="Legal"/> <Role Name="Legal"/> </WI> <WI Title="Test1"> <Role Name="PM"/> <Role Name="PM"/> </WI> I need to return the Title attribute of the WI where there is duplicate <Role> elements with the same Name attribute. I...