Multi User Application

Hi to all,

I am new to access develop applications.
I created application for multi user idea I want my application can be
accessed by multi users. So I want to know how to distribute or let them
access from my computer.
I have static ip address 172.28.34.115 and created application in shared the
folder.
Users have access runtime 2007.
Access 2007 used to develop
5 users to connect the database application

Please guide me how multi users can access my application with all rights.

They can do data entry as well as run query/report.
--
Pankaj

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 02:53:01 -0800, Pankaj Michael
<PankajMichael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

You need to split your application in a front-end and a back-end. Then
deploy the back-end to a server (this could be a share on your
machine), and the front-end to each user's machine in your local area
network.
If any of the above terminology is not clear to you, you can search
for it at groups.google.com

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Hi to all,
>
>I am new to access develop applications.
>I created application for multi user idea I want my application can be
>accessed by multi users. So I want to know how to distribute or let them
>access from my computer.
>I have static ip address 172.28.34.115 and created application in shared the
>folder.
>Users have access runtime 2007.
>Access 2007 used to develop
>5 users to connect the database application
>
>Please guide me how multi users can access my application with all rights.
>
>They can do data entry as well as run query/report.
0
Tom

Multi Brand Organizational structure
i have just a simple question. I'm trying to identify the best way to design the organizational structure of my company. My company is a group, made of different brands located in different places. Every brand has to own its own entities (like contacts) but have also to share them with the users of the other brands. I have tried to create differnt roles (like viewer or power user for each brand) and to assign to a user two basic roles: power user for the brand to which he belongs and viewer for the over brands. Actually this is not possible. Have you any suggestion? best regards cla...

Channel management for multi-tier sales distribution model
The current Sales Order Processing Module does not allow for effective sales channel management when End-Customers and Partners are involved in the sales and distribution of products. Would like to be able to select a billing Partner when entering a Sales Order, and attach the End-Customer to this record. Need to be able to report sales data at both of these level for effective sales analysis and sales management. In addition, would need to allow for future sales to be placed through the End-Customer, through the original Partner, or through a different Partner. This model is very commo...

Copy all emails to another user/pub folder automatically
Does anyone know a way to have all email being sent from some specified users CC'd to another user/public folder? I know on the properites of the store I can select the archive all emails option, but that's for loddy-doddy-everybody. Other than relying on the users to CC the other person, is there a way to modify the new mail form or some other way (NATIVE to EXCH2003) to do this? It would also be good if the sender can't remove the CC, but not 100% necessary. TIA -Joel On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:33:43 -0500, "Joel" <nunya@biz.org> wrote: >Does anyone kn...

Help! Look for document
I Can't find the document "Multi-resolution Contrast Amplification In Digital Radiography", anybody, help me! ...

Exchange 2003 with user accounts on isp
Hello , I have a question t o a somewhat problematic situation: My domain mydomain.com has an exchange server 2k3 with recipient policy for user1@mydomain.com and user1@local.mydomain.com. user1 is actually hosted both on my isp as user1@mydomain.com and on my exchange domain under the same name now, if this user1 is sending mail to user2@mydomain.com through the exchange account it is going directly to the user2 in exchange server, while i want it to go to user2@mydomain.com pop mailbox that is hosted on my isp. I tried setting mx records with higher priority to the isp pop server but exch...

Defrag Application for SBS 2003
Hi all, Need advice on a defrag program that can co-exist with ShadowProtect 3.5 and Symantec EndPoint Protection 11. The Server is a Proliant ML 150 G5 with 4 SATA Hotplug Drives with 2 RAID 1 partitions on each ARRAY. Thanks, Dan I've always just used the built-in defrag, not that I do it very often. I would probably pause ShadowProtect while the defrag runs, then do a full instead of incremental when defrag finishes. I assume that SP will have to back up any sectors that have changed anyway, so you'd probably get a full backup or close to it, even if y...

Access users
I have an access database stored on a network server. Users use it to enter in data. My questions is, does every users that uses it need to have access installed on their computer or is there another option? We want to upgrade to Office 2007 and we would need to get the Professional version for all users if they need access on their computer. If there is another way to use the database without having the full version of access installed on each computer, we can purchase the standard version and save some money! Any suggestions? Thanks, Jasper Ever since Access 2.0, there's been a ...

User email routing
Can we setup a routing rules in exchange at user level Lets say, I have a user username@remend.com I want to route any incoming emails like username-1@remend.com, username-2@remend.com etc etc to that username It is possible to create few addresses like these as his secondary smtp address. but if I want to create a policy that any email with username-*@remend.com should automatically go to username@remend.com thanks in advance, -Pankaj - If that's your default SMTP domain, you can simply add additional email addresses in user's properties | Email addresses - like username-1@re...

KeyboardProc() hook not called in custom dll from Service Application
Hi, I'm having a very odd problem. Summary: - Keyboard hook in custom dll gets properly called while running our service application through the Visual C++ IDE's debugger. - Keyboard hook in *the same dll* does not get called properly when the service is run as a service (not through the IDE). Note that the build doesn't matter as I've tried both DEBUG and RELEASE builds running outside of the IDE. The DLL is getting loaded properly every time. I even do an explicit check (even though the dll is linked to the app via the .lib file and therefore implicitly linked): HMODULE...

User can not see shared calendar
What setting should I check to enable a user to see a shared calendar?? I'd make sure they have the correct rights to see it first. "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDF51EB7-452E-4DEC-A153-C2672AA42930@microsoft.com... > What setting should I check to enable a user to see a shared calendar?? ...

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

How to tell Exchange to route unknown users to a said server ?
Hello all, We are testing an Exchange solution for some users in a particular configuration (well, not THAT special case but still difficult to understand). One of our clients is willing to upgrade its mail solution to Exchange. The migration process implies a pilot phase, for some users. here are the basis : - production solution (qmail) is using domain name COMPANY.COM. So all users have a mail address looking like user@company.com - pilot population must use their old mail address (user@company.com) but on another mail server (actually, exchange server), with different public address - ...

Restricting the user to make just ONE CHOICE in a set of radio buttons, within an option group
As a newbie I took for granted that by simply defining an option group and place a set of radio buttons inside the group of my form, MS Access 2007 will automatically restrict the user to make just ONE choice (like an old - or retro-designed - radio's buttons would work in real life) This seems not be the case, so I kindly ask you guys for some help here. I have really been spending hours to find a solution (i.e. without bothering you) by scanning through 12 th. messages in the public.access news group, however with result = nil. I guess my question could be too simple, or?...

Help with user-defined fields (OL2002)
I went to add a user-defined field (Type, which would have values like Prospect, Client, Vendor, etc.), but I couldn't find a way to make such fields *automatically* appear in the "All Fields" tab of the Contact data entry window *if* they had *not* yet been filled in. Is there a way to do this? Outlook does not support custom enumerated fields. YOu can, however, add a text field to the Contacts folder and it will appear on the User-defined Fields in Folder list on the All Fields page. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Logging users off
Let me start off by saying Hello, I have this problem that when one of our 8 users goes to log off her machine freeze and the only way to get out of GP is to close the program. As anyone would one once you do that you leave the session open and we then have to close. Has anyone else had this problem. Please Help. Clean the malware and spyware off the computer "Randy Redecker" <r.redeker@accudata.com> wrote in message news:2475101c45f9d$5a53c4c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... : Let me start off by saying Hello, : : I have this problem that when one of our 8 users goes to : log of...

User Defined Function
How would I write a MinIf function that could be used in the spreadshee in the same way the "CountIf" function is used. It would be great to be able to min a range, selecting all values abov zero. Any thoughts greatly appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try something like: In B1: =MIN(IF(A1:A100>0,A1:A100)) Array-enter with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (instead of just ENTER) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "dovrox >" <<dovrox.17tzmb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:...

Outside users
I have some users that are not on site. Ever. They sometimes VPN in to get some files, but beside that, they are on their own. I am about to implement an exchange server, but if I do, I'm going to have to get the outside users on exhange as well, and it would be simpler to leave them be. I will be using the pop3 connector to retrieve the mail, and was wondering if there is a way to tell exchange to send the mail outside the server if mail from someone with an exchange account internally send mail to the external users. They are all using the same domain, so right not exchange l...

My POP3 users are VERY slow
hi i hav exch2003 and xp pro clients. Some of my users connect from remote offices to my exchange via a POP3 account via the Internet(broad band connection) to my exchange. The connection to my exchange when they try to send and receive is VERY slow.Their internet connection seems fine after i thought it is the internet connection that is the problem. My question: is there a setting in exchnge 2003 where the amount of POP3 users connecting to the exchange is limited OR the speed of them.... This is quite frustrating as the users keeps on phoning and then i must delete the bigger messa...

Capture, modify and redisplay of graphic user interface
Hello I am try to capture graphical user interface of any program running on Windows (or for whole desktop) then to do something with it and display it back on the screen directed by my "program". My "program" will capture the user interface (like mouse and keyboard) and will redirect it to the appropriate running program. I have worries about first part of that idea – How I can capture all graphical information. After researching in last days I come to conclusion that I have to develop my custom video driver (with DDK/WDK) where all drawings from other pr...

CC Incoming/Outgoing mail to another user
Hey everyone, I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 enviornment and would like to know if the following can be done, if so, how? I would like to know if Exchange can copy all outgoing and incoming mail of a certain user to another users mailbox? For example, all email sent and received from userA@domain.com, userB@domain.com will also get it all. Cheers, Matt "OzPacific" wrote: > Hey everyone, > > I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 enviornment and > would like to know if the following can be done, if so, how? I would > like to know ...

How do you transfer User Defined Task Fields/Columns in Outlook??
I've have a user that has just had a new computer. I transferred their Outlook data from their old system to the new one. Everything has transferred except the custom columns from Tasks and the associated data he'd entered into the columns. The user had a large amount of data held within the custom columns he'd created and I need to get this data back for him. Is there a file that holds this information? Presumably I can transfer this file from the old system to the new one? thanks in advance. "BadBoy House" <mrchrishouse@googlemail.com> wrote in message n...

Update Sub form as user enters data in main form
I have a mainform that uses an unbound combo box to populate a subform. This works great. This will display all of the existing data for my contracts. If however they want to add more contracts, they enter the data on the main form and after continueing on to the next record and selecting that company from the combo box, they will see that their contract has been added to the list. I would like to be able to show the user the data they are entering into the main form is also going directly into the subform as a new record without the need of a command button or advancing a record. At one p...

combo box for new excel user
how do i add a drop down list from a combo box? You can use Data Validation to create a dropdown list in a cell. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could provide a few more details, and someone may be able to help. Lilydog7 wrote: > how do i add a drop down list from a combo box? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html It is easy once you create your Combo Box in excel. Stay in design mode and Right Click...

some users can't authenticate in OWA but pop3 and smtp is fine
I added a user on SBS 2003. The only thing unique about this user is the first and last name happened to be the same as another user. The login name was different. Ever since, neither of the two users have been able to successfully log in to OWA. They can both use pop3 and smtp just fine. Any ideas what happened here, where to look for junk, and how to resolve? if the user has the same alias in the exchange general tab it won't be able to access owa. Did you check that? "robrich" <robrich@community.nospam> wrote in message news:6EF711F1-19E6-4F91-84AF-C255F9424...

user and query criteria
Hi All, I want to be able to switch of the query criteria of my form record source, depending on the user name.May be On Load even of my form wee need to write some code but I always fail. Please help: If the user is A then the query's criteria is : WHERE ((([Inspection result_tbl].Model)=[Forms]![Find data_frm]![list_Model]) AND (([Inspection result_tbl].[Lot no])=[Forms]![Find data_frm]![list_Lotno])) And if the user is B the query's criteria is : WHERE ((([Inspection result_tbl].Model)=[Forms]![Find data_frm]![list_Model]) AND (([Inspection result_tbl].[Lot no])...