Locking a Text Box

Hi all, hope someone can help with a text box locking problem.  I need
to lock a text box on a switchboard so that it can not be deleted by
someone else.  I am designing a database for a friend's work but want
my name and address in a text box as the designer on the switchboard
to remain.  I know that my friend will make changes and there is
little I can do, but I don't want my name and phone number deleted
from the switchboard.  Is there anything that I can do.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Maurita Searcy
0
Maurita

I'm afraid there is no way to allow someone to change some aspects of a
form's design but not others; if he/she can design the form then he/she can
design *anything* on the form.

"Maurita" <maurita56@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, hope someone can help with a text box locking problem.  I need
> to lock a text box on a switchboard so that it can not be deleted by
> someone else.  I am designing a database for a friend's work but want
> my name and address in a text box as the designer on the switchboard
> to remain.  I know that my friend will make changes and there is
> little I can do, but I don't want my name and phone number deleted
> from the switchboard.  Is there anything that I can do.
>
> Thank you for any help you can give.
>
> Maurita Searcy

0
Baz

List Box Size....
I've created a list box in a cell Data - Data Validation - Allow List The resulting list box containing many values is teeny tiny weeny small. Is there any way the listed information can be shown larger when the user selects this cell? Thanks Inadvance You can't change the font size for a Data Validation dropdown list. However, you can use programming to adjust the zoom setting when the cell is selected. There's some sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Wayne wrote: > I've created a list box in a cell > > Data - Data...

In Box Not Responding
I am getting the message "In Box Not Responding". What does it mean and how do I fix it TA ...

Importing large tab-delimited text files?
I deal with very large data sets that are in tab-delimited .txt format. Many times, there are more than 256 columns of data. The Microsoft Knowledge Base had an article titled "Sample Macro to Import Data with More Than 256 Fields or Columns". This could do the trick for me if I could modify the macro to accomodate tab-delimited formats. Q1: Could anyone tell me how to modify the macro described above for tab-delimited .txt files? Q2: Does anyone know of a bulk file conversion utility that would change a tab-delimited text file to a CSV format? Thanks a bunch, Mark R-S Ma...

How do I print a text file ?
Hi, I am new to the group and wonder if any of you could offer any advice. I am trying to print a text file directly from my visual c++ application to the default printer without displaying the print dialog What is the best way of doing this ? If it is not possible to print directly from a text file, what commands to I use in between CDC::StartPage () To print the following Hello, my name is Joe Bloggs How are you I hope you can help with this problem etc..... CDC::EndPage () Thanks in advance Paul Paul, More info on printing than you can comfortably shake a stick at: http://www....

Excel 2002 Comments Box
How do I change the size of the comments box? Thanks If you're asking about the Insert - Comment comment box, you can drag each side to wherever you want. HTH Otto "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1189sshps7cmu8f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I change the size of the comments box? > > Thanks > ...

PROBLEM SIZING A TEXT BOX IN A FORM
Access 2007/vista I have a form in which I cannot adjust the text boxes INDIVIDUALLY. I click on a text box and it becomes surrounded by an orange border, indicating it is selected. But when I size it smaller or larger, all the other text boxes in the form move in tandem. I have not encountered this before and am baffled. Ideas? -- William ...

record and print amounts in multiple boxes on 1099 forms
We have had several clients that have been very disappointed to learn that they can only do 1 amount box per 1099. For instance, they might need an amount for rents and one for non-employee compensation. I think it would need to be settable at time of transaction entry. One of our clients said they could do that in Quickbooks and was very surprised to learn that GP won't do it. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Multiple report filter using combo box on form
I need to be able to filter a report by multiple fields. First by the Cost Center number and then once that is done - then a further filter by Expense Account Number. I currently have a form that successfully filters the report by either Cost Center, Expense Acct Number or SubAccount using a Option Grp/Combo Box set up. The user selects one of the 3 fields mentioned which populates the combo box and then they hit a command button (Filter Report). This is the code I used. Dim iFilterBy As Integer Dim iReportType As Integer Dim iFilterValue As Integer If IsNull(cmbFilterBy) Then M...

I get 2 message boxes
Hi I have the following code which runs when I open a second form... it works great but unfortunately I get a second system message box as well as my own custom box what have I missed out? can anyone help many thanks in advance : Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If Me.Recordset.RecordCount = 0 Then Cancel = True MsgBox "There are no records to display." End If End Sub What system message are you getting? What version of Access are you using? "Dic_nutana" <Dicnutana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C862326-FCDF-45C8-BEFB-7333227C61B...

text to date..!!
if i am having a date in a cell as 30/11/2005 but formatted in text, what's the procedure to change the same to date format as "30-Mar-2005"? thks & regds! via135 -- via135 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495816 sorry! a small correction! if i am having a date in a cell as 30/11/2005 but formatted in text, what's the procedure to change the same to date format as &q...

Problem in showing dialog boxes from a regular dll
Hi, I had a MFC application to be used as icon window (hidden). Also I had a regular MFC DLL exporting functions that will show MFC dll. All these functions are calling the AFX_MANAGE_STATE macro and PreTRansalte message is implemented. If the functions are called from any exe they work as expected even calling from my tray icon app is alright. Now I have merged some the resources (dialogs and string) of tray icon into my dll. Still tray icon works fine. There is another console application that calls my resouce dll to display dialog boxes as well and it also works fine. Now if my ...

Counting Text Entries #2
Fantastic, thank you so much -- JackJJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JackJJW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1625 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27655 ...

selecting a query from a combo box
HELP! Need to design a DB for my boss and I am lost! I have a database which lists students who have went on exchange over the last 17 years to over 20 countries and numerous institutions.. I have set up 3 queries/reports using parameters so the user can enter: 1) the year 2) the country or 3) the insitution. Now the problem is the insitution query as the name of the institution can get spelt various ways so I would prefer the user to select the institution from the drop down box which they use to enter the data into the table under the field "institution". My f...

check box
hi all i am a beginner. i've created four check boxes, how to validate that atleast one check box is selected using DDV function. thanks & regards mani ...

creating text box dynamically in ms access
can any body please tell me the code to create text boxes dynamically or else please give me the link abt that information Thanq See help on CreateControl In general, this is only useful if you are creating some kind of wizard form that creates whole forms for end users. You don't want to be creating text boxes on the fly for a normal form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "ravindar thati" <ravindarjobs@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Can you change the way quick parts and/or auto text displays?
Is there a way to change the look of the drop down menu for quick parts and auto text so it does not take up so much space? Something like it looked in 2003? Assuming that you have discovered the building block organizer - see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Buiild_Employ_Custom_BB_Gallery.htm Like 2003 it ain't! -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<&...

Drop Down box
How can I make a drop down box in a cell so to choose either of 3 selections? Does this require a macro or can it be done without? -- Thank you! Data Validation with List Option and in the source, either reference a range or type: Item1,Item2,Item3 http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/data-validation.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A645AC-3754-444E-B376-E869C4D4A3E3@microsoft.com... > How can I make a drop down box in a cell so to choose either of 3 > selections? > Does this ...

text conversion to number on select query
Hi, In a Select Query I'm joining 2 tables by Item ID (unique value, similar to Social Security Number) but 1 table created by IT has Item ID as a "number" value and the other table has it as a "text" value. How can I in a Select Query, create a formula that can either have the text as a number value and vice versa so i can link the 2 without getting "type mismatch in expression." I think I can use Cdbl Value or something like that in the formula but not sure. Thanks! "inspirz" wrote:subed going to jail > Hi, > ...

non-duplicate combo box
I have about 1000 rows of data. There are anywhere from 3 to 5 categories among the data (it changes weekly) I want to set up a combo box that displays only the appropriate categories based on the available data that the user can select to apply a filter. How can I do that? Glen With a pivot-table ? Bas Hartkamp <glen.e.mettler@lmco.com> schreef in bericht news:1133191693.081689.241520@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have about 1000 rows of data. > There are anywhere from 3 to 5 categories among the data (it changes > weekly) > I want to set up a combo box that di...

Locked out Completely
I created a database with a FE and BE. The FE is totally locked out to prevent changes. The bypass key is disabled by code which can only be enabled via the logon on form. The logon form is the first form to open, however there is a version form that checks the db's current version. So from startup, the db is trying to take data from the BE. The directories I placed the BE into, has been substatially changed. I need to access the FE linked table manager, but without the FE's bypass key enabled, I cannot get in to do it. Is there any way to get to the Linked Table Mana...

html or plain text in email
Using MS Outlook 2000, when I want to reply to or forward an email, how do I get that reply or forward to be in html rather than plain text. When I create a new email it defaults to html, but when I reply or forward, it defaults to plain text. Thank you. using the forward or reply/all from menu the message will take on the config of the original sender. So the sender of the this message has txt as default editor. If you want to use your default (html) you will have to create new message and copy all text out of original past in your new message. Hope this helps. >-----Original ...

Update table with Multi-select list box
I have a database with a tab control that has several pages in it (my boss loves tabs for navigation). Each page has a list box based on a category of training events that members of my office attend and the box is based on a query that selects the training events for the tab page's respective category. I select an item from the list, click a button, and go to a form with a text box showing the name of the training event I previously selected. On that form, I want to select mutiple names of office members from a list box (already created and source is the Office Roster table) and then c...

Office 07 locking up in Win7
I have just purchased two new HP computers with Windows 7 on them. I am running office suite pro 07. Office keeps locking up after. Sometimes task mgr will restart the program, sometimes I have to power off. Either way, work is lost! I have done system restore twice but have seen no improvements. Office worked fine the first two days then 34+ updates and now it doesn't. It also locks up if monitor goes to sleep and will not recover without a power down. -- Chris & Sam "Chris&Sam" <ChrisSam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30...

adding Text to the beginning of a control source
I want to say ="HELP"&Format([Session Start Date 2],"yyyy\:mm") & [ID] I want the word HELP then the start date 2 and finally the ID ie: HELP2010:12430 How do I put the text at the beginning? Where are you putting this? In the Control Source of control on a form/report? Then it should work as posted provided that [Session Start Date 2] and [ID] are in the object's record source. In a query? Then you just need a field alias and drop the = sign; MyHelpText: "HELP" & Format([Session Start Date 2],"yyyy\:mm") & [ID] ...

Don't change text to numbers
I want to replace the character "-" into "." in cells formatted as text eg 0060-1003 must become 0060.1003 i already unchecked in error checking : numbers stored as text if i do it manually it is ok but because i want to do it by replace to . and then it becomes 601003 How can i prevent this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use a temporary "helper-column (a new inserted column)" let's say Column B: and in Cell B1 enter =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",".") where A1 has your 0060-1003. Copy B1 down, then Copy B:B to B:B & u...