Limit number of rows on query

I'm trying to write a query that will return no more than, say, 20 rows. In
some forms of SQL there's a simple LIMIT clause, but this doesn't seem to
exist for Access. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Ed

0
Ed

random number #2
how can i create a normally distributed random number and a random number that has a beta distribution i need these both to be integer outputs thanks for the help Use NORMDIST and BETADIST -- Gary's Student "agw8@kent.ac.uk" wrote: > how can i create a normally distributed random number > and a random number that has a beta distribution > i need these both to be integer outputs > thanks for the help I think you meand NORMINV and BETAINV. See my reply under the OP's repeat of this question. It is generally better to reply to your original thread with fol...

SMTP Server Port Number
Hi all, I have a machine running Outlook 2K and with no user intervention the SMTP Port Number will change within the Account Settings. When I change it back, it will revert within about a 2 day period. Any help is greatly appreciated. What does it change to? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Stephen Hartman asked: | Hi all, | | I have a machine running Outlook 2K and with no user intervention the | SMTP Port Nu...

Best Practices shows 114 GB Database Size limit
I just ran a best practices scan against my Exchange 2003 SP2 Server and it shows that the Mailbox limit is 114 GB. I though the limit was going to be 75 GB in SP2? The value data in the Database Size Limit in GB registry key is 72 hex. DO I have it configured wrong? SHould it read 114 GB in the best practices scan? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- jgarcia 72 Hex is 114 decimal...you need to set it correctly in your registry. "mrjules" <mrjules@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BD7A4CB-DFA0-4485-844F-3BE6A3A56ACE@microsoft.com... >I ju...

Numbers V Text
I want to print out a document but I don't want it all printed out in numbers I want the text printed out. Here is what I don't want it say 223, I want to say =SUM(C7:C11)/15 I am sure it can be done via "Options" but I can't work out how. Jim Ducat Toggle the view to Formula View - Ctrl + ` (that's the same key as the tilde ~) MRO "James Ducat" <jd007f1618@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:x627b.16604$qK6.394@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > I want to print out a document but I don't want it all printed out in > numbers I wan...

Custom number format with colors
Hi, I would like to format my numbers this way: > 0 --> Green = 0 --> Black < 0 --> Red How can I do that? Thanks!! Go to Format->Conditional Formatting... set your specs and click the format button to format the text the way you want. You will do a seperate one for each color. Select the entire sheet first though (CTL-A) -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andre.labonte@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to format my numbers this way: > > > 0 --> Green > = ...

T-SQL query for finding shared user and team records
Hi all, I'm new to CRM and would appreciate any help. I need to find account records that record owners have shared to users or teams in CRM. I've found out that this requires direct query to filtered view tables. Microsoft responded as below by I need actual T-SQL query. Can anyone help with this? You would need to write a query against the PrincipalObjectAccess table and you would need to have joins to the other related tables. If you tried to have it all displayed using one query, it would be a pretty complex query. This is because you would need to join to the FilteredA...

Cross Tab Query
I have a access database with SQL backend. The table labproofs has charges listed by report date, with the below query, I can run a cross tabquery with the end date selected from a form (monthly report), and it gives me the 12 month data from the end date selected. However, the problem I face is for example if the end date selected is feb 28th, I get the data for previous months as Jan 28, Dec 28, Nov 28 ......, I want data for the month end numbers like feb 28, Jan 31, Dec 31....., I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. Please help. Gmen PARAMETERS [Forms]![Monthly Reports]...

SQL Table SOP40500 Sales Master Number Setup
Can some rows be deleted from Sql Table SOP40500 to improve performance? Thank You, Brian ...

Two different queries return same results
I’m calculating average returns for stocks over two time periods; 30-days and 90-days. These two queries always return the same results for different time periods and I have no idea why. PARAMETERS [Forms]![frmMstr]![cboEnd] DateTime; SELECT Avg(SharePrices.StockPrice) AS AvgStockPrice30_Days, SharePrices.StockSymbol FROM tblStocksGroup INNER JOIN SharePrices ON tblStocksGroup.Ticker = SharePrices.StockSymbol WHERE (((SharePrices.DateTime)>=DateAdd("d",-21*(365/250),[Forms]![frmMstr]![cboEnd]))) GROUP BY SharePrices.StockSymbol; PARAMETERS [Forms]![frmMstr]![c...

rgxextract() in a query to extract any one of many possibilities
I am using access 2003. rgxExtract() from http://www.j.nurick.dial.pipex.com/Code/vbRegex/rgxExtract.htm#Code has helped me solve a problem partially but if anyone can tell me how to get rgxextract() to find in a text Field "this or that or the other" heres whats going on; I am pasting information into a Field, and rgxextract in a query looks through the data that can be in any order to find what I ask it to. However the data doesn't cooperate as easily. for example the pasted data will read "a cute 3bdr house for rent" and the following will extract the ...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

Table and query question
I would like to create a table that will relate an account to its parent(s). 1 account can have multiple parents, and 1 parent can have multiple accounts. And, a parent can have a master parent. For ex: Account 1 can have Parent 1. Account 2 can have Parent 1 and Parent 2. Parent 1 can have Parent 2. And, the queries that I will perform will request these data: 1. give me all parents of Account 1. The query should return Parent 1 and Parent 2 (because Parent 2 is the parent of Parent 1) 2. give me all parents of Account 2. The query should return Parent 1 and Parent 2 3. give...

Conditional hiding / unhiding of rows ?
1.) I want to know whether there exists a possibility (other than with macros) to hide or unhide with the help of a condition, as in: if(C38="blab"; unhide(rows 38:52); keep them hidden) Is that possible or is the conditional formating just limited to nice colors of certain cells if they fulfill some kind of condition regarding another cell? 2.) I want to know how I could insert in my worksheets, left to column A, two columns 1 & 2 with a little "+" in order to display, when clicking on it, the hidden rows? Does anyone understand what I mean? I am not sure if I do...

Import and Export from/to Excel query
I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. When I try and do it I am told I don't have the correct translator and do I want to install it - when I say yes it tells me to put in the CD - when I put in the CD it doesn't install but just freezes up and I have to cancel - the file it tells me I need is L4561403.CAB How and where do I install L4561403.CAB which I assume that I can find on the CD?? TIA for any help. Brian Tozer KiwiBrian <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. > When ...

Counting number of rows based on mutiple criteria
Does anyone know how to count the number of rows based on mutiple criteria on other columns? For example I want to count the number row that meet the criteria of "Yes" in Col 2 and "Yes" in Col 3. The result would be 2 in the example below. I tried different combinations of Vlookup, Countif and Sumif and could not come up with anything that worked. Col 1 Col2 Col3 A Yes No B Yes Yes C No No D No Yes E Yes Yes Your help is greatly appreciated! Hi, =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B10=&qu...

queries written inside MS-Access are getting deleted
Some of the queries I have written inside MS-Access are getting deleted automatically. And while I run the queries through code, I get this error 'Query should have one destination field' Explanation: I created a query in MS-access. Ran it from the code. Closed the database. Started it again, and now for that particular query, it is showing 'SELECT ;' only. Strange. I am in panic mode now What can be the possible reason? My first thought is that the database file is corrupt. Unfortunately it's a type of corruption that Compact and Repair probably won...

Doubts about number of licences to acquire
Hello, we are planning to acquire MSCRM and we have some doubts about licensing posibilities. We have a 20 persons call center department with 2 differents schedule, so never 20 persons is connected at the same time, also some The question is: Will we need to buy 20 user licences althought only 10 users are connected to server at the same time? or there is any possibility to use 10 licences for our call center department. Thanks! ...

Outlook total number of emails bottom of blue pane how?
I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's gone! E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emails on the bottom of the blue navigation pane. All the help boxes say right click on folder - properties and display number but that gives it after each folder name. I don't want that Its ok - View and status bar fixed it - thanks "cstanley" wrote: > I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's > gone! > E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emai...

BP Inventory Item number
The field length of the item number in business portal is shorter than what is in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Any sales inventory item that is entered into great plains and is longer than the field requirements of Business Portal, you will have problems with. This may be why the system does weird stuff, like not filling in or saving correctly. Make sure you change it in the purchase order, since it will come across as a non-sales inventory item. This is a problem with Requisition Manager. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wi...

Find Value; Return Row number
Goodmorning everybody! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following problem: "I wanted to make a macro which would find the first value (counting from a1) that matches the value stated in C14 of "FORM". When it gives a match I want to return the row number to "Sheet2". I tested it with dates of which I was certain it had to find a match (as I entered them myself in "Sheet1") Still it returns: "Named Argument not Found" (Runtime error 448)" I hope someon sees my mistake(s). Thanks in Advance!! Sub TestDelete() l = Sheet...

Extract numbers from cells
I have 2 columns of numbers in a sheet called "Fill up Records". I wish to copy the data in the 2nd to last cell before a blank in one column ( L) and the last number before a blank in the other column (C) and divide the first by the second and put the answer on a different sheet. The blank cells only occur after the first blank cell. What formula would I use in the second sheet to do this? Assume data in sheet: Fill up Records in col L is within rows 1 - 100 (say) in col C is within rows 1 - 200 (say) Then in the other sheet, Try this expression, array-entered (press CTRL+SHIF...

Unhide rows?
In Excel 2002, rows that were previously hidden will not "unhide." Rows that are hidden now will only unhide by using the undo command. Columns hide and unhide successfully, but rows do not. Protection is not on for either worksheet or workbook. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and how to fix it? Nevermind. I forgot that I had a column with instructions to filter certain rows, the rows I couldn't unhide -- gee, what a coincidence. "Scot" <greatscotinla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9Ea4f.1079$fc7.1027@newsread3.news.pas.earthli...

Crosstab Query
I've created a crosstab query that counts the number of calls per month. The call field only contains a date. I've used that field as the column header and chose to group it by month, but can't get it to seperate the months by year. For instance all of March is grouped together whether it's March, 2009 or March, 2010. I'm pretty new to Access so I'm not familiar with SQL or VBA. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nate Access 2003 "Nate" <Nate@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:CAC55303-3AA4-4057...

Using Queries in Excel
What are the best practices for using database-like queries in Excel. Let's say you wish to join to sheets together och view a subset of columns in a third sheet. I've tried several different methods, but I dont think any of them are completely good. I've used VLookup, Index, MS Query. (MS Query must be the must forgotten MS product in history. It's like a time machine back to Windows 3.11) I've also tried alot of different methods for searching a range, based on more than one criteria, and display the result, either a single value or a sum based on several rows. Here i&#...

Date query 08-03-07
Hi I'm trying to write a query that selects records based on a date range and Uses the Date of Birth if the Date entered is blank (null) or uses the date entered if that date is filled in. My query works fine for the first condition where I say if "date entered is null" and DOB between the 2 dates. My problem comes in when I put in the second line in the criteria and say if the date entered is between the 2 dates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff ...