Largest value

I would like to have my query find the largest number in a field.  I'm sure
it is very simple, but I'm having a "Brain Fart" and can't remember how to
do it.  Any help will be appreciated.......

--
Thanx,

Hanksor
Oregon City, Or

0
Hanksor

SELECT MAX(fieldName)
FROM tableName

should do.

"Hanksor" <nospam@stonergroup.com> wrote in message
>I would like to have my query find the largest number in a field.  I'm sure
>it is very simple, but I'm having a "Brain Fart" and can't remember how to
>do it.  Any help will be appreciated.......
>
> --
> Thanx,
>
> Hanksor
> Oregon City, Or

0
Michel
3/26/2007 3:34:27 PM
Thanks!!!!

"Michel Walsh" <vanderghast@VirusAreFunnierThanSpam> wrote in message
> SELECT MAX(fieldName)
> FROM tableName
>

> should do.
>

> "Hanksor" <nospam@stonergroup.com> wrote in message
>>I would like to have my query find the largest number in a field.  I'm
>>sure it is very simple, but I'm having a "Brain Fart" and can't remember
>>how to do it.  Any help will be appreciated.......
>>
>> --
>> Thanx,
>>
>> Hanksor
>> Oregon City, Or

0
Hanksor

Multiplied Values
Hi, Is it possible to design a VBA Macro to execute the following? I have in C6-C76 currency values. I'd like to have these values to be multiplied automatically by the month of the year located in A2. Ex: C6 = $168.92 Ex: A2 = Nov-04 I'd like to have C6 * 11 or C6*12 (If A2 =Dec-04) Hi if A2 is a real date value try: =C6*MONTH(A2) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to design a VBA Macro to execute the following? > > I have in C6-C76 currency values. > > I'd like to have these values to be multiplied automa...

print values across the page
i have a simple list of values (in a sub-report) that i would like to print across the page instead of down. when i produce a report for 1 project (cost center) at a time, i was using a counter in a query to create a table, then appending 1-20 (the maximum number of values at the time), created a crosstab, then used the fixed values 1 through 20 as the sub-report detail items. now i need to create a report with multiple projects (breaking on project), and the number of values i am trying to print across the page can vary widely, and exceed 20. i can't get the count feature to st...

Error 2147217873 Can not insert NULL value in SupplierList table
I am getting following error at HQ client while running worksheet 250 and 206 (update supplier) "Error 2147217873 Can not insert NULL value in to column ID, table tbspmst.dbo.supplierlist…" Any help would be appreciated. Sagar Lipare wrote: > I am getting following error at HQ client while running worksheet 250 and 206 > (update supplier) > "Error 2147217873 Can not insert NULL value in to column ID, table > tbspmst.dbo.supplierlist…" > Any help would be appreciated. Do You insert into SupplierList records with sql statement ? Antonio No. No SQL statem...

Data Range
I am trying to set my graph range to be variable, however, I kee getting the error message at the ############### "Run time erro "1004"" Is it simply the format of the text or is the code wrong? Thanks For your help. Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro made by NVK Dim iLeadtime As Integer Dim dDate As Date Dim iUsage As Integer Dim iCurrentStock Dim iRange As Integer Dim i As Integer 'get vars iLeadtime = (Range("C2").Value) dDate = CDate(Range("B2").Value2) iUsage = Range("D2").Value iCurrentStock = Range("A2&quo...

How to modify a attribute's value of a specific node in an xml fil
Hi, I have to modify the xml document which is present in the local disc when user changes the values in the form. I have to modify the attribute value of a specific node and then save the xml file. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks: Rakesh * Rakesh wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >I have to modify the xml document which is present in the local disc when >user changes the values in the form. I have to modify the attribute value of >a specific node and then save the xml file. Please let me know how this can >be done. There are a number of ways to do thi...

Can I set up a formula to lookup a value for a condition
I am trying to set up a formula for a vendor list. Each vendor has its own individual number in column C.Some of vendors are grouped together. If vendor is not grouped Column D has same number as of C. If Vendor is grouped, first vendor number in Column C is assigned to all the group members. I need to set up a formula so that col. E will look for vendor number in col. D and add data for one group. Please help. Below is an example of my data list Vendor name vendor number grouping number Purchases Sales Profit abcd 251 251 $$$ ...

combine "category labels" & "values" in legend
I'm creating a pie chart, and in the legend I want not JUST the "category labels," but both them AND the associated "values." Can't find any Legend formatting except font/pattern/color etc.... I think this may be an option with your data labels, but not with the legend itself. If you can't find it under Format/Legend, it can't be done. On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:51:02 -0800, "danielo" <danielo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm creating a pie chart, and in the legend I want not JUST the "category >labels," but both ...

CRM 3.0 -> CRM 4.0 Subquery returned more than 1 value
Does anyone have a resolution for below error message when migrating from CRM 3.0 -> CRM 4.0 17:01:11| Info| Upgrading setup user data, and locale IDs 17:01:11| Info| Upgrading setup user data, and locale IDs 17:01:12| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the s...

Using Defined Names for Column Values?
I want to create a spreadsheet model that uses defined names, but then I would like to duplicate the model in one column across several columns and call each of those a scenario. For example, you might run a stock option model and see how it changes as you vary some input like the stock option strike price. Is there any way in any version of Excel to have a defined name and then qualify that by the column? For example, if I had a Defined Name "Strike_Price" it would be so nice to be able to refer to column values as: Strike_Price.E Strike_Price.F Strike...

Grabbing the next column value in a pivot table
Hey i am currently using the following code, and I would like to sum the values which are in the second column, i am currently evaluating the first column, ==> Sub PivotShowItemAllVisible() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False On Error Resume Next Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables("months_to_incorp_pivot") Dim ECWI3Months As Integer ECWI3Months = 0 For Each pf In pt.RowFields pf.AutoSort xlManual, pf.SourceName For Each pi In pf.PivotItems Application.St...

FRUSTRATED: Enable field depending on value of another
Hi, I have the following three subs (amongst others): Private Sub Form_Current() If Trim(Title.Value) = "Other" Then TitleOther.Enabled = True TitleOther.SetFocus Else TitleOther.Enabled = False End If If MedicalAid = "OTHER" Then MedicalAidOther.Enabled = True MedicalAidOther.SetFocus Else MedicalAidOther.Enabled = False End If End Sub Private Sub Title_AfterUpdate() If Trim(Title.Value) = "Other" Then TitleOther.Enabled = True TitleOther.SetFo...

import null values as zeros in microsft query
I want to be able to add null values to total in a query column as zero or import nulls as zero so I can perfom calculations on them ...

Giving Values to Letters
I am doing some coursework and I wan't to be able to set up a spreadsheet that will automatically detect if pupils are underacheiving. I had the idea that i could have four Columns, The pupil name,the predicted grade, and the grade they are currently working at. and then a final fourth column with a formula to work out underacheivement. I Think this will work but i need to be able to assign a value to the letters e.g if A grade was 1 and B grade was 2 and so on, i could work out a formula to calculate the final column e.g. A+E/2= Grade 1+5/2=3 3=C so if the predicted grade was A and the...

Proposals can't be created
I've been working with a client who has had an error, with which I'm having difficulties with finding a solution. When users try to create a new proposal or activity they get the following error :- "Invalid value specified for a custom field. Please correct the values and try saving again". The customer has 30 odd custom fields, which I've tried populating with correct values and the error still occurs, none of the fields are set as mandatory. I checked the ULS logs and get this entry whenever I try and reproduce the issue, however I can't garne...

I need to change from "=E7" to (equals the current value of E7)
I have a macro which is recording entries from several cells to to a table which will be used for a Run Chart. (see code below) In my Code, I use "=E7, =G7, =F36..." When all data is filled into my Cells I click a Form Button and the data is saved into the table. After the machining operation on my next part, I enter data into the same cells. But since I am using the "=Cell?" formula, the data is chaning in all the subsequent rows of my table. Is there a function for the "current value of a cell" (if I do a Special Paste, I have the option to pas...

Obtaining the minimum of values which have been generated by a for
I have a list of values that have been generated by a formula (IMSUB). I want to be able to show the minimum of these values in a cell but using the MIN and MINA functions, these just come back with 0. There isn't a 0 in the list of numbers. Please help - I am a bit of a "noddy" with Excel unfortunately...... The problem is that the IMSUB function returns text values (and text has a numerical value of 0). Since you are dealing with imaginary numbers, it is a bit harder for XL to clearly define what is the "minimum". A possibility would be to use either t...

Copy Specific Values from Table to Report
I don't know if this is the proper group to post this message into, but I'll start here and see what happens. To try and "simply" explain my request...... I know this can be done, as I've seen the results, but I can't figure out how to do it. I want to use the Report function of Access to create printed forms. I would have different reports, named A, B, C, D, and E for this example. The information I want to have printed on the report(s) comes from one specific table. On report "A" I want to have the values printed that are in rows 2,3, and 5 of "col...

Lookup 2 values to return 1
Does anyone know if you can combine and IF, AND, and VLOOKUP. I need to lookup 2 different dates in a table and if both of those dates appear on one sheet, I need the associated value to be returned. If this is possible, how would I do this? Hi, An example will help but assuming that you want to extract a value from column C if the dates in column D and E match your dates entered in cells A1 and B1 and put the value in A2 use in A2 =sumproduct(--(A1=$D$1:$D$1000),--(B1=$E$1:$E$1000),$C$1:$C$1000) "Sarah" wrote: > Does anyone know if you can combine and ...

Help with Finding Highest value
Can anyone advise best way to search through a number of rows, some wit the same heading to find the row with the highest value for example 1 Apples 10 2 Apples 22 3 Orange 19 4 Pears 23 5 Mangoe 33 6 Apples 90 I need a formula that return the value '90' when searched agains Apples. Hope that makes sense. Simo -- spgprivat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- spgprivate's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3586 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=5565...

how to lookup a value within a range and return a label
Wrecking my head this one: For example if the Label A is from 1 to 200 B from 201 to 1000 C from 1001 and above How can I lookup and return the correct label for a value. Is there a function for this, or does it require programming Put these values in cells A1:B3 1 A 201 B 1001 C put the value to look up in C1, and use this formula =VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B3,2) "jocmccoy" wrote: > Wrecking my head this one: > > For example if the Label > A is from 1 to 200 > B from 201 to 1000 > C from 1001 and above > > How can I lookup and return the correct label for a...

Use formatted text instead of number value...
Hi, I have a column with formatted leading zero integer values like this: 12345678910 00123456789 and I need to insert a space in this string like this: 123456 78910 001234 56789 I tried to use this function, =MID(F1;1;6)&" "&MID(F1;7;5) however it interprets cells as integer values and not the cells' formatted text values. How can I in my formula use the cells' actual displayed formatted text instead of the integer value? Thanks a lot for hints on this regards Rod If column F was formatted like Text, your formula worked for me! Regards, Stefi „Rod...

how do I setup a pie chart that does not plot zero values ?
I have a set of rows and columns were column 1 is the description and column 2 is the value (in percentage). I have setup a pie chart linked to these data to display these categories and their respective percentage. Howver, when a cell from column 2 has a zero value, I would like this whole row (description + zero percentage), not to be displayed on the pie chart as it is meaningless. Can you please suggest to me how to do it ? Thanks, Dimmy. Hi, Have a look here. http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm Cheers Andy Dimmy wrote: > I have a set of rows and columns were column...

Select value and return table with corresponding values
Hi, I have a large table which lists different cities for a region. I want to be able to look up a region, and for the list of cities to be returned. With VLOOKUP, I am only able to return the first city listed in the region for example. Is there a way of returning the total list instead? Thanks. Hi, You might consider Auto Filter or a Pivot Table, but if you want to use a formula: =INDEX(C$1:C$100,LARGE((B$1:B$100=A$19)*ROW(B$1:B$100),ROW(A1))) This fomula is array entered - Press Shift+Ctr+Enter to enter it. I am looking up the item in A19 in the range B1:B100 and then bringing ba...

XML/XSD: Show available attribute values from XSD in Intellisense
Hi: I want to limit the values that can be entered for particular attributes. 1) I have created an XSD from my XML document. 2) I dropped that XSD file into the following directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Packages\schemas\xml 3) When I use VS.NET to create a new XML document, I do get the intellisense working (all attributes and elements show up). However, I want the intellisense also show the list of possible values that can be used for particular attributes. How do I do this? Thanks, Don I dont think intellisense would perform this for you. You ...

Cannot retrieve attribute value
An application I'm helping develop transmits XML to an ERP and receives an XML statement showing the result of the transmittal to the ERP. I've pasted a copy of one of the response XML statements. I have no trouble retrieving the statement "Environment 'DEV' could not be initialized for user; check user, pwd and environment attribute values", which we're storing in our SQL Server. However, I also need to retrieve the value for the code attribute, which is 12 in this case, to pass back up to the user; retrieving that value is the sticking point. How do I...