IIf Function help with my Query

First some background, I have two tables called 2007 Grid and 2008 Grid, in
these tables I have a field called Census Rec'd.
For my query, I need to create a field called Census Rec'd and I need this
field to do the following - If "Plan Year" ends in 2007 from "AFTAP Table"
then insert Census Rec'd from the 2007 Grid and/or if "Plan Year" ends in
2008 from AFTAP Table then insert Census Rec'd from the 2008 Grid.
Any suggestions?

I suggest you change your database design.  Having a table for each year is
incorrect.  You are starting to see the effects because of this problem.  You
should have only one table and a date field that will identify which year the
record belongs to.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Suzanne" wrote:

> First some background, I have two tables called 2007 Grid and 2008 Grid, in
> these tables I have a field called Census Rec'd.
> For my query, I need to create a field called Census Rec'd and I need this
> field to do the following - If "Plan Year" ends in 2007 from "AFTAP Table"
> then insert Census Rec'd from the 2007 Grid and/or if "Plan Year" ends in
> 2008 from AFTAP Table then insert Census Rec'd from the 2008 Grid.
> Any suggestions?

Unfortunately I cannot change the design of my database in that way because I
am not the only one using it, any other suggestions?

"Klatuu" wrote:

> I suggest you change your database design.  Having a table for each year is
> incorrect.  You are starting to see the effects because of this problem.  You
> should have only one table and a date field that will identify which year the
> record belongs to.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Suzanne" wrote:
>
> > First some background, I have two tables called 2007 Grid and 2008 Grid, in
> > these tables I have a field called Census Rec'd.
> > For my query, I need to create a field called Census Rec'd and I need this
> > field to do the following - If "Plan Year" ends in 2007 from "AFTAP Table"
> > then insert Census Rec'd from the 2007 Grid and/or if "Plan Year" ends in
> > 2008 from AFTAP Table then insert Census Rec'd from the 2008 Grid.
> > Any suggestions?

Excel 97 VBA Help File

Help, I cannot Save!

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help Required

Web query timeout setting.

Qrp Date functions

Need HELP! for Linking data

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

Help with Registration

Using INDIRECT within functions

Date function quit working

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

total group & max function
I am using Access 2003 I created a Db for Machine Mtce. The table consists of 3 tables, (1) Basic Mach Infor (ie Mach#, Mach Name, Mfg etc) - (2) Operations Table - consists of different prev mtce (PM) that need to be completed at various time frames. Ex: "Mach 100" could have 3 different operations; Oper # 100A to change the oil due every 90 days, Oper # 100B to check the belts due every 180 days, Oper # 100C to grease the machine due every 365 days. The 3rd table is the "PM History" table which includes the history of all of the PM's completed with Work Order...

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Function to determine Directory Size
I'd like to be able to determine the size of a directory or group of files. Does anyone know of an add-in that has a function whereby I can specify a path and get the size of directory of groups of files as the return value? Ex: =dirsize("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\School") =dirsize("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\School\*.doc") It would also be helpful if there were an option to include subdirectories. -- Thanks, Bob Chmara Argh.... Make that "get the size of a directory or group of files" Bob "Bob Chmara" fatfing...

Help with simple(?) VBA function

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...

Weekday function
Does VBA have a function which accepts an integer input between 1 and 7, which returns a string value to represent the corresponding day of the week?? For example, if you give the function an integer value of 1, then it should give back a string of "Sunday"... and the number 7 should return "Saturday". I know I can easily write my own function, but I'm curious if VBA provides a function already. No need for me to reinvent the wheel. thank you Don't think so, you would need to write one Function MyWeekDay(DayNum As Long) As String Dim Days A...

Odd e-mail duplication problem