IF ISNUMBER FIND in query design expression

I use the following formula in Excel and it works...I now want to do this in
a query.  Can I add it as an expression in the design grid in a seperate
column and how does the syntax change?  I will also want to use TRUE/FALSE
for the result.
=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("TRANSF",H2)),"*", "")

Try this --
  My_Output:  IIF(InStr([YourFieldName],"TRANSF")>0,"*", "")

--
Build a little, test a little.

"gator" wrote:

> I use the following formula in Excel and it works...I now want to do this in
> a query.  Can I add it as an expression in the design grid in a seperate
> column and how does the syntax change?  I will also want to use TRUE/FALSE
> for the result.
> =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("TRANSF",H2)),"*", "")

pasting excel graph into Outlook Express email...
I got a new version of Excel on my new XP pro machine and now when I try to copy and paste an Excel graph into the email, it doesn't work.... Buuhaaaah haaaaah haaaaaah.... help, groundhog1 Responding to this query doesn't guarantee a satisfactory resolution to your problem, but... What does "it doesn't work" mean? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <ad94aad489aaa0b607d616e1bd607e98 @localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com>, groundhog1rb@excite.com says... &...

Outlook Express #254
I recently bought a new computer and it came loaded with XP, I can receive anything in outlook express but cannot forward anything other than text files.. Help!!!! Joe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently bought a new computer and it came loaded with > XP, I can receive anything in outlook express but cannot > forward anything other than text files.. Help!!!! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

how can you find fonts that are used in publisher
I'm Using Publisher 2000. When I open my publisher document, I get a message box- Load font showing me the fonts that are embedded in my publication or are unavailable. I looked over the thing. I can't find this font. It prints fine, the system subs the font but I would to be able to find this to get ride of this annoying box. Is there some tool for this? There is a button on the inquiry dialogue labeled "Font Substitution", in the next dialogue you have the option of permanently substituting the font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer....

outlook express #193
I have outlook express with IE6. I downloaded new oe security update & now all of a sudden I can't go to my deleted folders bin. Everything just locks up, but I can go to all other folers in OE. What could be wrong? Thanks "gail" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cc601c425d8$ade3d610$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have outlook express with IE6. I downloaded new oe > security update & now all of a sudden I can't go to my > deleted folders bin. Everything just locks up, but I can > go to all other folers in OE. What could be wro...

WLM: Cant find how to minimize...
to the system tray in Windows 7. I minimize the window, but it goes to the taskbar, I want it to go to notification area... help? It is that way in XP, Vista and Win7. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Cuzz" <lucaswiggins@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:417ED6F5-E448-4795-9D47-8A96EF460086@microsoft.com... > to the system tray in Windows 7. I minimize the window, but it goes to > the taskbar, I want it to go to notification area... help? Cuzz;1221175 Wrote: > to the system tray in Windows 7. I...

Exchange 2007
I wonder whether I can get a little clarification ref Client Access Servers within Exchange 2007. I have an implementation with two Active Directory sites. Site 1: single server running mailbox, CAS and Hub Transport roles Site 1: single server running mailbox, CAS and Hub Transport roles All remote access (OWA, Outlook Anywhere, Mobile) will be through the CAS server on Site 1. I believe that the CAS server on Site 1 will then send the request to the CAS on Site 2 for users residing in Site 2. If this is the case, I need to work out how the SSL certs work. >From what I read, I have to p...

How to write parameter query with "or is null" criteria
Excel Office 2003 I am trying to use multiple parameters where the user can leave any given parameter blank and it will return the record-set. When I attempt to use a Or "Like [Enter Year:] is null" and run the query, it returns a syntax error message. I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks, - Vince ...

outlook express won't connect
Last Friday it was working just fine, but now all I get is this silly error message which absolutely nothing to me: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'homemail', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I haven't done a damn thing to the computer in months except installing the periodic Microsoft updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank...

Query. How to add this calculated field?
Add a calculated field for ExitDate, which is when the renter will leave the unit based on the date the rental started + the length of stay * 7 (to convert the total time in unit from weeks into number of days) Hint: StartDate + (Length * 7) ---StartDate, Length are data columns. How can I do this!? I tried: Design View on the Field row typed: [StartDate + (Length * 7)] But it's not working it shows a windows "Enter Parameter Value". Maybe I'm wrong. How can I do this!? *Access 2007 Try this -- [StartDate] + ([Length] * 7) -- Build a little,...

outlook is default but outlook express opens links
Hi, I have outlook 2003 it is set as my default mail, it works fine except for when I'm on a site that has a hyperlink to an email address. When I click the link Outlook express opens instead of Outlook. How can I fix this problem....I've look in tools in both outlook and outlook express and it all seems to be correct. WHat am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help! What do you show as your default mail program under Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the ...

Query help 02-29-08
I have a table with 20 columns and I am looking to add a column that searches the other 20 columns and if all the cells in that row are null enter value in the new column =X and if there is information in any of the other columns make new column's row value = is null? Any help would be appreciated. A B C D NEWCOLUMN 1 A Z B X Q X It is rarely necessary to store "calculated" data, and there are some good reasons not to. What you are asking for sounds like something you...

Query design help requested
hello to all I'm fairly new at this! Here's my situation. qryA and qry B have identical structures. The PKey used in both is EmplID. I need to know how to construct qryC (again with the same fields) so that it contains ALL the data rows in qryA EXCEPT those also in qryB. Help greatly appreciated Victoria Use the unmatched query wizard (first dialog when you create a new query.) Use qryA as the first 'table', and qryB as the one to exclude. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips...

' in a query?
I have this SQL in a query: sSql = "SELECT *" & vbCrLf & _ "FROM tblTest4" & vbCrLf & _ "WHERE tblTest4.Caption_Name LIKE '%" & qryAuthor & "%';" But I would like to do a query on the character ' But as you can see when qryAuthor = ' I have a problem. If I try one ' then the query hangs. If I use '' I get an error . I have tried Chr(39) and &#39; none of which work. Any ideas how to query on this character? Thanks. -- George Hester _________________________________ Hi George, Replace...

Find an unknown x coordinate from know y coordinate of curved line
I have drawn a number of (x,y) charts and i was wondering if there is a way of locating an unknown x coordinate with a known y coordinate directly without having to manually interpolate the data. For one option see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:41:01 -0800, Deane <Deane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have drawn a number of (x,y) charts and i was wondering if there is a way >of locating an unknown x coordinate with a known y coordinate directly >without having to m...

Help needed re: parameter query
I create a parameter query to allow users to check records with interview dates that fall between a specific time window on a timely basis. To do so, I first create 2 fields as: start_date: [On! or AFTER (m/d/yyyy):] end_date: [On or BEFORE (m/d/yyyy):] Then for the "interview date" field, I put in the criteria: >=[On or AFTER (m/d/yyyy):] And <=[On or BEFORE (m/d/yyyy):] This way when opening/running the query, the user will be prompted to enter a start date and an end date. However, the test run picks up one record that falls outside the range (along with all other r...

How do i make a Query for a certain Date Range?
Is it possible to create a query to pick out certain year ranges? I have a column for birthdate - this shows as 01-jun-82. I would like to create a query for seperate age ranges such as 15 - 19 years, 20 to 29 years, 30 - 39 years, 40 - 49 years, 50 - 59 years and 60 and over. I would then create a report to view the data. I am hoping that the person would automatically go into the next year once they had their brithday if they went up an age bracket. (e.g if they are 29, and turn 30, next time the report opens, they are in the 30 - 39 section automatically). What would i type in the crite...

Find & Replace formating
Any suggestions? Problem with Find & Replace and formating. Sally tried to do a find and replace with the following: find "US", replace with "United States." Instead of replacing it as she has indicated, it replaced it with UNITED STATES. When she undid this and tried to do it again, she looked at the more specific find/replace options (where you can search for a certain format)--in that section, all of the format boxes under "effects" were checked. (I'm not ever sure how that is possible. Superscript AND subscript?) She unchecked them, ran the find rep...

problems with VC# 2008 express, after instralling dot net framewor
hi, recently i've upgraded the dot net framework to v4 , and then i noticed some annoying bugs on VC# . from some reason, i can't see anything in the properties menu anymore(no matter what i select with the mouse , unless it's a file) ,and the toolbox is always empty.here's a picture: http://yfrog.com/j620100427213537p i've also noticed that some menus on the options window are empty . here's a picture: http://yfrog.com/ju20100427213453p i've decided to re-install VC# , but i always get the same errors , and i cannot succeed with it. here's...

Outlook Express generating extra address when sending
Help please! If I send a test e-mail to myself, my Vaio PCG-GRX 316MP laptop is generating an additional mailing address which is fictitious and is being returned to me by my ISP postmaster. I use my laptop when in S.Africa and my ISP there is mweb.co.za. The additional sending address generated is gordon.higginbotham@mweb.co.za. I receive the test message at the correct address ok.I have deleted from my account the mweb set up and the problem still occurs. No doubt I am doing something stupid but would very much appreciate some help. It seems that people replying to my e-mails a...

Non-stop LDAP queries from Exchange server 2003
Hi, I have a problem with my exchange server 2003. It is making the same LDAP queries to my DC server at a rate of >1000 LDAP queries per second. My DC server has enough power to handle the load, but this has to stop soon. I have used packet sniffer to look at the traffic. Every query ask for the same info. The DC replies also give same answer. In Attribute: cn, the value is: public folder store. I have tried dismounting the public folder; and the queries stopped. Has you seen this problem before? Can you give me any suggestions? I can provide the sniffed packets for investigation. ...

find out what processes have a file opened
How can I write a PowerShell script to find out what processes have a file opened? And can a script be written to forceably close out access to any process found to have a file open? (with a consequence sort of like losing network connectivity to an open remote file). - Larry Hello Larry__Weiss, > How can I write a PowerShell script to find out what processes have a > file opened? > > And can a script be written to forceably close out access to any > process found to have a file open? (with a consequence sort of like > losing network connectivity to a...

finding appointments in outlook 2007
in outlook 2003 there is a find button to locate appointments in outlook 2007 I am unable to find this. there is a search field at the top right of the calendar screen. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.com...

Where can I find a template for application report specifications.
I have some report specifications to write for programmers to build application reports from, where can I find a Excel template to get me going? ...

macro help on find and replace
Hi all, original text in cell c4: Out of total dues of Rs.855.8k bills for INR 651.2k were rebilled and resubmitted for payment and the balance of Rs 204,600 are under process. required text in cell d4: Out of total dues of INR 855.8k (SGD 25,365) bills for INR 651.2k (SGD 19,308) were rebilled and resubmitted for payment and the balance of INR 204.6k (SGD 6,066) are under process. that is, multiply by 1000 and divide by 33.7272 (value at d1 cell), there could be more numbers in the same cell. Except numbers all the other text should be same in d4. Third numbe is very typica...

Outlook multiple send query
Hi to the group, I am a relatively new outlook user (used to use OE) and am just wondering if it is a normal function of outlook that when you send a large Email e.g. one with a large attachment if outlook "splits" it into several sends. this seems to happen to me up to 25 sends will come up in send/receive details and I only have one mail in the outbox. TIA, RickO'Shay. ...