I want to send a report to everyone at one address...

I want to send one letter to the client address and list the Beneficiaries
for that address.
Each Beneficiary is attached to its own Client record. that is how the data
was imported.
I want the address once, and each of the Beneficiaries at that address.
The clients are the parents and the Beneficiaries are the children... the
children's last name may or may not be the same as the rest of the
children...

I have a Client table that look something like this:
ClientID
Firstname
Lastname
Address
City
State
Zip

I have a Beneficiaries table that looks something like this:
BeneficiaryID
ClientID
BeneficiariesFirstName
BeneficiariesLastName

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm using Access 2003 if it matters.

Thanks

Kelvin

0
Kelvin

"Kelvin Beaton" <kelvin at mccsa dot com> wrote in

> I want to send one letter to the client address and list the
> Beneficiaries for that address.
> Each Beneficiary is attached to its own Client record. that is
> how the data was imported.
> I want the address once, and each of the Beneficiaries at that
> address. The clients are the parents and the Beneficiaries are
> the children... the children's last name may or may not be the
> same as the rest of the children...
>
> I have a Client table that look something like this:
> ClientID
> Firstname
> Lastname
> Address
> City
> State
> Zip
>
> I have a Beneficiaries table that looks something like this:
> BeneficiaryID
> ClientID
> BeneficiariesFirstName
> BeneficiariesLastName
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> I'm using Access 2003 if it matters.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kelvin

create the letter as a report, based only on the client table.
Create a sub-report using the beneficiaries table, and embed it
in the main report using the ClientID field in both the lin
parent fields property and link child fields property of the
subform control.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Bob
7/13/2007 6:16:02 PM
thanks, I'll give it a try!

Kelvin

"Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message
> "Kelvin Beaton" <kelvin at mccsa dot com> wrote in
>
>> I want to send one letter to the client address and list the
>> Beneficiaries for that address.
>> Each Beneficiary is attached to its own Client record. that is
>> how the data was imported.
>> I want the address once, and each of the Beneficiaries at that
>> address. The clients are the parents and the Beneficiaries are
>> the children... the children's last name may or may not be the
>> same as the rest of the children...
>>
>> I have a Client table that look something like this:
>> ClientID
>> Firstname
>> Lastname
>> Address
>> City
>> State
>> Zip
>>
>> I have a Beneficiaries table that looks something like this:
>> BeneficiaryID
>> ClientID
>> BeneficiariesFirstName
>> BeneficiariesLastName
>>
>> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>
>> I'm using Access 2003 if it matters.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kelvin
>>
> create the letter as a report, based only on the client table.
> Create a sub-report using the beneficiaries table, and embed it
> in the main report using the ClientID field in both the lin
> parent fields property and link child fields property of the
> subform control.
>

> --
> Bob Quintal
>
> PA is y I've altered my email address.

Kelvin

Populate one drop down list based on another
I am working on a workbook to allow our techs to track serial numbers of the equipment on there trucks. The workbook only needs the model of the piece of equipment, the serial number and the phone number of the account it was used on. I have four columns. First one is Model. The cells in it are populated from a Drop Down list I made. The second/third column is the serial number. The serial number is split in to two sections. The first one is a drop down list and the second column they enter the last 7 digits of the serial. The reason I did this is because the first 8 do not change. It&#...

deleted emails were not send to "Deleted Items"
Dear all, I use Outlook 2002 SP2 and WIN XP 5.1 Problem: When I delete an email from my Inbox Outlook asks me to delete the email permanently. There is no chance to teach Outlook, that it should move the email to the "Deleted Items" folder. What I'd like to have is that Outlook sends the deleted emails to the "Deleted Items" folder by default. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks. Best Regards Werner "Werner Rohrmoser" <werner-rohrmoser@hotmail.de> wrote in message news:1135845311.813466.147270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Dear all, > >...

I want my Secondary scale to match the primary scale.
-- Zevets Access Mdb On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 05:28:04 -0800, Zevets <Zevets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please use the big textbox to explain what you mean. Is this a Microsoft Access form you're using? What "scale" do you mean? In what way should they "match"? John W. Vinson [MVP] I have an Access Form!Graph(FG) and I am using a query to created a table which feed data to the FG. The FG has to types of data in it. One uses the Scale on the left and the other the scale on the right, both of which free floats besed upon the range of numbers...

auto fill e-mail address
In Outlook Express I used to be able to enter just the first few letters of an e-mail address in the "To" box and it would automatically fill in the rest. However, now I'm using MS Outlook and I can't figure out how to set it to do the same. Can someone tell me how? Thanks. Only Outlook 2002 and 2003 have this feature and only if you've sent a message to the person before. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Ac...

Send/Receive 2003
I have a group set up for addresses I only to use to "send" mail out. In my basic group for active send/receive, I have these accounts unchecked for include, send, and receive options. Yet when I do a send/receive for this basic group, these unselected accounts are processed anyway! (as sending only) I was assuming that by using the groups, I could exclude these "send only" accounts from the frequent send/receive Outlook performs, yet this is not happening Have I missed a setting somewhere, or is this normal behavior Cheers Gary ...

Copy a sheet contained formulas from one workbook to another and remove file links
Hello, in our company we use a special excel file with more sheets. Every user copies first this file from the server to his own computer and then he/she can customize the workbook. Usually the user only makes his own new sheets where there are formulas which contain cells from the original sheets. Occasionally a new release of the original excel file appears and the user must make a new copy of this file. Commonly the user wants to have in the new file all of his own created sheets from the first workbook. If he normally copies the sheets from the first workbook to the new one, the f...

CRM Report Wizard problem
seems that the CRM Report Wizard when you use seondary records hard-codes a "ModifiedOn" column filter range that limits access to these records to only within the last 30 days and the only way to make it work is to edit the xml of the report and delete the filter..... it that true? any solution? Hi Paolo, The Reports have a Edit Default Filter option available. You can change the default filter from the Modified on to any other atribute you wish. The revised filter settings are then stored with the report. HTH Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions...

Initiated by...... reports
OK - so 500+ contacts later, I've figured I've entered these all wrong. We have a business where people come enjoy our services in 'groups'. I have entered every person as a business contact and in the initiated by..... field have entered the 'leader' of the party that I wanted to 'link' them to. I NOW want to run a report to see who the most business has come from and who they are. Help? Thanks! "JitterbugJenn" <JitterbugJenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1894D172-1013-4DC2-938D-8CE6AE26338A@microsoft.com....

Emails being sent from spoofed address
Please can some assit. Running SBS 2003 Every 15 miniute our Exchange server is sending out a blank email to about 20 people and it is addressing it from an address and domain name that do not reside on the server. I have scanned every computer and the server with an up to date virus checker and come up with nothing. I don't believe that the server is being used to send spam as the mail is being sent to the same people every time, and they are all addresses that the company might have contact with. I have set logging and you can see that the mail is coming from our server. Please...

Report containing multiple critera/filters
This is what I need done, I've tried everything I know how, but it's not enough. I run departmental audits, of which contain multiple employees, and make multiples purchases against their accounts. I run these reports monthly, and sometimes need to revisit monthly reports where data has changed. I have theses fields, with the needed criteria for the reports next to them. department - name # of employees reviewed per dept - count employees reviewed - names listed, list preceded by "(C)" review date - none review type - if more than one, list them separated ...

Multi level BOM report in sql
I want to write a script to generate the multi level BOM report outside of Great Plains report writer. I dont know to get the components at all levels with their correct position and levels. If anyone has worked on this, I will appreciate the help. Thanks in advance haribhagat@hotmail.com ...

Sending a large attachment using Windows Mail
Dear Chums, I have a need to send a large attachment to a colleague. What is the largest attachment size that Windows Mail can handle? Is it possible to send it in smaller parts which are combined at the other end? Please advise. Alex McF Windows Mail can handle any size message. Your server can't. What is the actual size? Add 35~40% to that for encoding. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced. Check: "Break apart messages........". The recipient will need an e-mail client that has the option to put it back together. -- Bruce Hagen...

Report showing address for undelivered mail
Hi I am trying to find out if there is some kind of report I can run in Outlook that will provide me with the mail address of emails that were not able to be delivered or are bouncebacks. Can anyone help please Thanks Outlook is not responsible for delivering the messages but the mail server is. If a message cannot be delivered, the mail server will send you this report. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real Wor...

reporting document amount
I have the following SQL working in SQL Reporting Services, however I need to also add in the document amount (amount of check). This data is stored on the Payables Payments Zoom screen. I just need to know the name of the underlying table and field name that stores this information. Thanks!! select CompanyID, DOCNUMBR, Checks.DOCNUMBR CheckNumber, Checks.CHEKBKID , DOCDATE CheckDate, Vendor.VENDORID, VENDNAME, VNDCHKNM,ADDRESS1, CITY, STATE, ZIPCODE, PHNUMBR1,USERDEF1, PT_UD_Key PaymentID, DATE1 CheckDeliveryDate from ECFCA.dbo.PM00400 Checks join ECFCA.dbo.PM00200 Vendor on Vendor...

Access 2007 Report Export To TXT Line Wrapping...
Hi, I have a very simple problem to describe to which I cannot find a solution: I have a report with each field EXACTLY 120 characters long, which I need to export to a TXT file to then import into a bank software... In Access, I can play with the font size and have each field on one line but, when I export it to the TXT file, the fields break down to the next line around 70/80 characters... Is there a way to force the field to stay on one line in the resulting TXT file? Thank you in advance for any help you may provide, Lupo What application are you using to view the data i...

How to import more than one text file into Excel ?
How to import more than one text file into Excel ? I am trying to combine a few text files into one Excel file. When I import the second text file the first one disappears..what happens to the first file ? Please let me know. Where is the cell pointer when you attempt to import the second file? Try making sure its below the lowest occupied cell. "tina SPEILBERG" <tinaspeilberg1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1cbcf789.0307130722.4e364bd1@posting.google.com... > How to import more than one text file into Excel ? > > I am trying to combine a few text files into o...

Categories on a public address book

SRS Reports
Hi there I have installed SQL 2005 with the default Reporting services configuration. I also loaded Business Portal and Webservices. I then installed the SRS_Reports from Microsoft for each of my companies including the TWO company, and all worked fine. I could run all the reports for each company for each series about a month ago. In the last week I cannot run any report for any company, only TWO. All the other company reports show a page stating it "Cannot access the remote server". I uninstalled the SRS Reporting application and reinstalled it successfully. I then tr...

Management Report
Hi, Please can you explain to me why if MR is run on IIS why it cannot be accessed as a website and instead seems to need a MR client installed? If it is possible to run \ view reports via Internet - how do I go about doing this please? I ask as my client wishes to have MR incorporated into their Sharepoint website - please advise if this is possible and if so then how? Thank you Neil ...

Sales Analysis Report Last year VS this year
Does anyone have a sales analysis reports that they would be willing to share. I would like to do sales compares form last year to this year in a single report. Thanks, TomT Me Too lane.dj (at) gmail.com "TomT" <ttaylor@cherrybrook.com> wrote in message news:uK$OaQmPIHA.6036@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Does anyone have a sales analysis reports that they would be willing to > share. > > I would like to do sales compares form last year to this year in a single > report. > > Thanks, > > TomT > hi Guys, I have one which I did for one co...

I want to merge two workbooks but the option is greyed out. Why?
Any ideas? The Merge Workbooks option is made available when tour workbook is shared. Then you may merge the changes from one workbook into another workbook but both workbooks must meet the following requirements: Both workbooks must be copies of the same workbook. (extract from help file) BTW could you ask questions in the body of the message not in the subject line. "MOC" wrote: > Any ideas? > ...

I want to...
I want to transfer my account from this email q8-z4@hotmail.com to This email address q8y.coool@coolq8y.com because it Stolen and password for the account 71083016 ...

Filling in Sende
Is there a way to set a Email account as the default sender and have it filled in when clicking 'new message? I am new to Outlook having only used it for a couple of weeks. I had been using OE and have pretty much gotten Outlook working to my satisfaction. The one thing that I can not figure out is how to set up a default 'sender' on a new message. I use two mail accounts, and in OE while I could always choose which account to send from, the Default account was filled in and simply had to be changed to the secondary account. Outlook always has it blank and I have to page through my...

send email workflow error.

Find mail from one user?
Situation is a user currently has several emails in their inbox or subfolders under the inbox from a particular internet mail account. The mail is dated September 1st, 2004. Message Tracker only goes back to September 6th. From Exchange 5.5, how can I search ALL MAILBOXES in Organization for this one sender? If you know the subject, you can use exmerge. On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:30:00 -0700, "ehoffman@harborfreight.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Situation is a user currently has several emails in their >inbox or subfolders under the inbox from...