HOWTO query by passing a parameter from Infopath 20007 to a Microsoft Access 2007 database?

Hello,

I have a Microsoft Access 2007 database foobar.accdb with two tables
Student(ID|FirstName|LastName) and Scores(ID|ScoreA|ScoreB) with a
primary-foreign key relation on the field 'ID'.

I want to create an Infopath form that can submit new students to the
'Student' table and also be able to retreive information from the
'Scores' table. The Infopath form should be able to take 'ID' field as
user input and then query based on it. I created a data connection to
the database using the wizard. I created a submit connection first to
the 'Student' table. Now I want a secondary data connection, which
would query the 'Scores' table based on a given 'ID'.

I am not sure how to accomplish this, as I do not see an option to
perform parameteric querying via Infopath query wizard(?) Are there
any other ways I can achieve this. Can you please point me to any
resource or example that will help me accomplish this?

I do not have access to an IIS server and cannot use Web Services.
0
UNL

How to return parameters in an ATL COM component event function?
I am trying to create a COM component in VC++ that has an event method that passes parameters to the client application, but that also the application passes parameters back to the component on that event call. I am going to use parameters of the type long and BSTR (both in and out of the event). Thanks for your help. Christian Christian Berczely <berczely@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to create a COM component in VC++ that has an event method > that passes parameters to the client application, but that also the > application passes parameters back to the component on th...

access 2000 converting text to number format
a database in my office was created and the person who designed it put every field in a table as a text field. the numbers that are in those fields need to be change to a number to related to other tables. is there VB code or script to change it? or any other waY? Can you change the data type of the field to be Number? ...

passing values to other sheets
hi i am having the columns in the sheet1 date no company amount 01/01/01 1 a 120 01/02/01 2 a 240 01/03/01 3 b 250 in the sheet2 i like to have the values of the company a with the following columns date,no,amount You would need code to bring across just the rows containing Company a, but you can do a few things to show just Company a results 1) Copy the data to Sheet 2 and filter it (Data>Filter>Auto Filter) 2) Build a pivot ...

HELP! Outlook 2007: 'Out of memory or system resources' Issue
I am desperately trying to locate Diane Poremsky [MVP] who responded to another user re making a new profile, or another MVP, or anyone that can help with my original post as follows! Diane-- Your suggestion re making a new profile as I have a different issue in that I'm using OL 2007 on Vista Ultimate, not Win 7, & have encountered out of the blue the dreaded 'out of memory or system resources' issue. I saw you respond to someone using Win 7 & had my issue via Google but I couldn't find the thread here. Anyway, can you provide me wth specific stepwise ...

Spellchecker in word 2007
why does microsoft word 2007 spell checker recognize the word "Osama" but not "Obama?" It does recognize it here. Is your copy of Word 2007 fully updated? If not, you can download the needed updates, or you can add Obama to your custom dictionary. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "cg" <cg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7C2676C-4841-49C9-9C03-444F43415A96@microsoft.com... > why does microsoft word 2007 spell checker recognize the word "...

microsoft.public.access not subscribed group
microsoft.public.access not subscribed groupmicrosoft.public.access not subscribed groupmicrosoft.public.access not subscribed group ...

user access deny
i forgot to say the error message in the internet when i was trying to login to the CRM server. It is "User access Error". Please help me, it is urgent case...... thanks Hi Jerry, Please double check if the user has a licence assigned and is member of a security group. I hope this helps, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "jerry" wrote: > i forgot to say the error message in the internet when i was trying to login > to the CRM server. It is "User access Error". > Please help me, it is urgent case...... > > thanks ...

Should I be developing my own database at all?
Dear Group, I would call myself a moderate user of Microsoft access. I am fairly confident of my ability to design and implement an effective database for our company. However my concern is whether I should at all? Our company manufactures custom made shower doors. As with any business that offers customization to its customer's loose threads need to be constantly tied up. A perfect job might take 3 weeks and collect a mere handful of important numbers along the way (i.e. purchase orders, invoice numbers, installation dates etc.). However, a complicated job that's gone wrong way requ...

To close database automatically
Hi all, I am using MsAccess database in my program. But I need to automatch shut down or closing the database . How I can close the database through my program Please help With many thanks Pol DoCmd.Quit is a line of code that will shut down the database. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "pol" <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CFBD727-252D-400D-923B-DE083F215113@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I am using MsAccess database in my program. But I need to automatch shut > down or closing ...

If statement to export query if record count is not null
Greetings, thank you very much to all who are reading this. Basically I have an automated email that goes out every Monday. Very simply it uses sendobject to email a query. I would like to add some logic that basically looks at the record count and if it isn't null...sends teh email as is...if the record count is empty I would like to have it send an email that basically says "The record set this week is empty." Below is the module converted from the original macro. I was having trouble modifying the module so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in ...

color printing in office 2003 microsoft word
The colors are wrong when I print documents in Word. Colors are ok in other applications. Any suggestions or easy fixes? Ensure your printer driver is updated from your printer site "chev48rob" <chev48rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC68D46-9CB7-4265-BC52-12DF26BE6CFE@microsoft.com... > The colors are wrong when I print documents in Word. Colors are ok in > other > applications. Any suggestions or easy fixes? ...

snapshot in Access 2007
Hi have moved to Access 2007 and now I dont seem to be able to open or read any Snapshot format documents. has it been changed? thanks A I'm not seeing this problem. I saved a query with its properties set to Snapshot, and used it as the source for a report. The report opened as expected. Something else must be going on. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Alexey" <alexdeletethisgates@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:%236Z...

Money 2007 fails install on Vista RTM
Howdy! I would love some advice on this. On Friday I tried to reinstall Money 2007 on my freshly built Vista RTM machine, and the installation fails. Tried about 8 times.. always fails about 98% of the way through the install, and this is after a warning screen at initial install launch saying that this application has known issues. The bummer is that I had 2007 running on my machine on the Vista beta's but the key there was likely that I installed 2007 on XP and the vista's were upgrades. Any hope, any suggestions? I *need* to get this running as I am now daily dependant o...

Updating a SQL database using Excel 2007
Hello, I have created a pivot table in Excel using the data from a SQL 2005 database. Is it possible to make changes to the data and save it back to the SQL database? Thanks David I know you can do this in Access depending on your connection settings. I would be curious to find out if it can be done in Excel also. Is there a resource where I can find more info on creating a pivot table in Excel using SQL data? The excel help doesn't tell me what I want to know. If there is an existing pivot table how can I tell the data source? I know it is external data and suspect it is ...

Excel 2007 Display Issues
Hello everyone. I have a issue with data displaying in Excel. I work for a company that has been updating from Office 2000 to 2007. When people click a workbook that has been made to a desktop shortcut they have to minimize the workbook to get data to display. My computer does not do it because I did not ever have 2000 on mine I went straight to 2007. Any idea on how to fix this? ...

Use Form Modules from exterior database
I have a database MyDb that have a reference with MyLibrary.mda. MyDb contains a form MyForm MyLibrary.mda contains a form MyDialogForm that have a form module form_MyDialogForm If I compile the following code in MyForm: Private WithEvents dlg As MyLibrary.form_MyDialogForm I receive an error:< User-defined type not defined> How can I do to use form_MyDialogForm from an exterior database? Thank you ...

Where are the Forms and Queries in 2007
In Access 2003 if you wanted to open your existing Forms and Queries you clicked on the Forms button. In Access 2007 this option seems to be missing. My question is how do I access the Forms,Tables and queries. The only forms button I have found creates new forms, I want to access my existing forms. Many thanks for any advice. This is one of those times when a picture paints a thousand words, so here's a picture ... http://brenreyn.brinkster.net/navpane.jpg -- Brendan Reynolds "Ernmander" <Ernmander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CDA479B-BFA6...

Microsoft Office Keyboard Problems
Last month my hard drive failed. I have replaced it with another Maxtor but since reinstalling my software I cannot get my Microsoft Keyboard to work properly. It is okay for typing but any of the special keys (scroll, cut, paste, copy, open various apps) will not work. I have no idea what the problem is but I did reformat the hard drive with the Drive Genius program. I have tried reinstalling the latest intellitype software but still no results and microsoft has not been very helpful. The mactopia site states that this should work with my OS and G4. I am using Tiger. Any ideas? Brian M...

Parameters in waveinproc
Hello. The documentation for WaveInProc, the callback function for waveform audio, defines 5 parameters, including an instance and a handle. Using that definition works in debug but crashes in release mode. Digging around in the assembler reveals that in fact this function (and its sister function for output) needs only two parameters (It does a RET 8 - hence two parameters). The second param usefully points to the relevant wavehdr structure. Fixing this to two parameters produces code that no longer crashes in Release mode. But this all seems very strange - why on earth does the documen...

Outlook 2007 #15
When I "Create Mail" there is no "send". "PCalvin8919" <PCalvin8919@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EBB28B6-35DA-4EB1-A958-0B83C9B61D86@microsoft.com... > When I "Create Mail" there is no "send". Have you set up an email account? ...

access violation caused by cstring
We are working on a project where we need to migrate some code of an old application to a new application.The old app is an MFC app,which have some functions in the application class and document class which is required by the new app also.We created a dll project which is derived from the old app(Instead of directly deriving from CWinApp).So the hierarchy is as follows CWinApp<-Old app(COldApp)<-CNewDLLApp When the CNewDLLApp object is created(When LoadLibrary() is called),an access violation error is happening.It is caused in the constructor of COldApp where it is initialising a CStr...

Queries
I have the following query (for example): countofstates color 3 red 8 blue 7 orange 2 purple 9 yellow I would like to display this table on a report, but when I do it repeats 6 times. How do I only get this information to appear once? Thanks in advance. Try a Totals query... Color States GroupBy Count -- hth Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.ne...

Excel 2007
Another formula creates the value of D18. In cell E18 I want to write a formula. In that formula, if the value of cell D18 is between a set of numbers, like between 60 & 70 then display "TEXT" in E18. If the value of cell D18 is between 0 & 59 or between 71 & infinty, then I want "DIFFERENTTEXT" displayed in E18. I can get this to work on one specific # with the If formula in this example. =If(D18=60,"TEXT",DIFFERENTTEXT") The value of Cell D18 will be in tenths and I do not want to keep adding If formulas for ever tenth between 60.0...

Query results in Business Portal
Is there any way in a query on the Business Portal to show words as a result instead of the 0 or 1? I want to display a query on one of the Sales pages showing if the customer is on hold. But I don't want to just have it show 0 or 1. I would like it to say "Customer is on credit hold" or something to that extent. Is that possible? I'm running version 3 of the Portal. Thanks. -Joe Is this a query you are working on? If so you can do the following: case @result_variable when 1 then 'Customer On Hold' when 0 then 'Customer Good to Go' else 'Not sure...

Microsoft Releases Dynamics CRM 3.0, for Medical Network Development on 10.May 2007.
Redmond, Washington - May 10, 2007 - The new Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 has been developed, to assist medical device companies, in building a worldwide network of trainers, doctors and customers with integrated CRM, as well as other Microsoft technology. http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/ ...