howto convert a table field from double precision into long integer with a query

I have to convert the source table field to the exact same destination
table with conversion of 1 field double percision into long integer
Can someone help me out?
Thanx
0
Bart

Here's a Data Definition Language (DDL) query example:
    http://allenbrowne.com/func-DDL.html#ModifyFieldDDL

"Bart" <vdb@telenet.be> wrote in message
> I have to convert the source table field to the exact same destination
> table with conversion of 1 field double percision into long integer
> Can someone help me out?
> Thanx

0
Allen

Can't open shared access database with double click from explorer.
While trying to diagnose Access 2007 corrupting Access 2000 databases, I've come across a situation where if I try to double click an MDB file on a shared network drive, nothing happens. Access doesn't start (either with access 2000 or access 2007). However, if I wait til I get the "Open File - Security Warning" on one machine, then double click it on the other, then I can open it on both machines. In addition, I can always open it from the open menu in access. Obviously something to do with the open file warning is going on here. Is there any way to set the regist...

Table format
Hi When I run the code below I get "External table is not in the expected format" error at line rsData.Open sSQL, sConnect, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText Option Explicit Public Sub SelectFromAccess() Dim rsData As ADODB.Recordset Dim sPath As String Dim sConnect As String Dim sSQL As String 'Clear the destination worksheet Sheets(1).UsedRange.Clear 'Get the database path (same as this workbook) sPath = ThisWorkbook.Path If Right$(sPath, 1) <> "\" Then sPath = sPath & "\" 'Create the connection s...

Cancel 'copy' causes long delay after installing KB905756 from MS06-012
If you select a range of cells and COPY, then cancel the copy by pressing ESC, there is a long (10+ second) delay while it clears the copy selection. I'm aware this isn't a major issue, but it is very annoying. I'm interested if anyone else is seeing it. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS06-012.mspx Paul Schwartz I have seen some similar delays in the Outlook patch that came out in the same batch. Strangely only on a few PCs though Did you have any luck fixing this? ...

Problem with converting Quicken to Money.
I am a new user of Money, I just installed it and converted all of my Quicken files over. When I began to enter my recipts I was warned that there was already a weekly "recurring payment" related to that receipt. It ends up that more then half my receipts got the same warning. When I viewed the Bills area most days were filled with recurring payments. What is going on? Anyone else have this problem after converting from Quicken? ...

Can I use a Report expression for queries?
Is it possible to use the following expression that is used in reports on queries? =[Sales]/Sum([Sales])*100 Or some expression to get the result. Thank you. No. In your query, you can refer to text boxes on a form, but not on a report. That's because of the way reports are formatted (sequentially.) Forms have a current record, which identifies which value you want. Reports don't. In the context of a query, there are other ways to get totals, such as DLookup(): http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html or a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html -- Allen Browne ...

modify the Type of Field in a Table From another MDB through a Command button
Hello to all! I hope can help me. By technical questions that would be to me very long to explain, the following necessity arises to me: I need To modify the Type of Field in a Table From another MDB through a Command button. The field at issue would happen to be "Number" to "TEXT". Is this possible one? I wait for alternatives. Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english. Dreamer. - Hi Is it not possible to open the other database and simply open the table in design view and then change the field. It seems very complex to do the codeing what will most pro...

Creating an Excel table from Access
Hi, I have an Access database which I use to log downtime for systems. I have a requirement to produce a monthly report based on this data, however, this needs to be exported to excel in a specific format. Down the left side of the report need to go the names of the services, with the days (numerically like: 1, 2, 3 .. 29, 30 etc) across the top. Then I need to count the number of times each service was down on a give day, and insert that information into the necessary cell - so if intranet services had been down twice on 16th March, for example, there would be a 2 in column 16, whi...

Tables/ queries question
I have a table for recording college attendances, some of the courses are at Campus 1 and some are held at Campus 2. I've got a field for course code, course anme and a check box to show if the student is at campus 1. When I enter the student ID number into the form, at the moment the name of the course comes up automatically in the text book, as I think it's reading the information from another database on the system. At the moment I've got a check box on the Form to enter manually into the table whether the student is at Campus 1 or Campus 2. What I wondered is if...

Filter by Field in Subform
I need to filter a main form based on fields in my subform. For example, my main form has a field [Order Number] and the header contains standard information about the origin of the parts and what is to be done with them, like the PO Number, and Customer information. My subform contains information like the Part Number, Qty, the ID Number for that particular line item, etc. My boss needs to be able to tell how many orders contain Part Number so and so... information that is specific to the underlying table in the subform, but he also needs the associated information in the main form...

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

problem with pivot table
Hello all: I am trying to make a pivot table from my date. My data includes Names, Dates (which I formatted to month, "m" in the format cells option)and Amount due. In designing the pt, I have "Name" in the row field, "Date" in the columnn field and "Amount due" in the Data field. I want my data to be grouped as follows: Month 1 2 3 4 Name $100 $20 $30 $20 Instead I am getting more than 1 month column i.e. Month 1 1 2 2 2 3 Name $80 $20 $30 $20 Do you know why...

Payroll w/h tables
When can we expect new payroll withholding tables for Ohio? In December our gov announced a late year change repealing a prior payroll credit previously announced. We have been told that the withholding tables are not correct yet GP/Microsoft has not released new tables yet. When can these be expected since we are practically done with January now??? Thanks. According the information I have, there are no pending changes for OH. You may need to contact Support about this issue. -- Charles Allen, MVP "INC" wrote: > When can we expect new payroll withh...

Strange problem in BP Portal for GP10 with Queries
I just had a user come to me and tell me he is getting an error on the sales page saying the query does not exist. This is the out of the box query that has not been modified. When I go into query organizer I find the Purchase Order Line Item folder but it now has a (1) beside it with the query inside it. What causes the folders to be renamed. While looking at the queries I multiple folders with the (1) out beside them. Thanks for any information you can shed on this. Robert Fann rfann@nospam.omnipackaging.com ------=_NextPart_0001_BD46EE76 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-...

Querying Excel data without another program
Hello, I'm an intermediate user of Excel, but I have lots of experience using Access. If you can give me clues on how to handle the information below using only Excel, I'd be grateful! I have a spreadsheet in Excel 97 in which there's a Worksheet named, "Datasource" with a column "B" containing repetitive data. I'd like to create a new worksheet in the same Excel file which shows a single instance of each item used in Column "B". If I were writing the query in SQL, I'd say "SELECT DISTINCT [Column B] FROM [MySpreadsheet]![Datasource...

Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table x
Sql Server 2005 9.00.4035. We have a hub and spoke topology which includes 6 tables with identity columns. I need to add a new subscription to a new server (same version/sp). I took backup from another subscriber and restored to new server, ran snapshot, push subscription. To make sure a new record would replicate, I added a record at the publisher with the followig text: Insert into tblicimagefolder (imagefolder) values ('dummy') A conflict occurs with the following: This failure can be caused by a constraint violation. Cannot insert explicit value for identity c...

Unmatch query
-- Thanks ...

converting Access 2000 to Oracle/SQL Server
Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael. "Michael" <mdubin@hotmail.com> wrote: >Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an >article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or >SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do a search at the Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com using the keywords "upsizing" to review the various white papers on upsizing Access to SQL Server as well as to ensure you h...

Security and encryption issues when trying to convert to 2007
I currently have a 2003 database set up with a workgroup and user end securities. I know these won't work in 2007, so I've already followed the suggestions through a few other posts and essentially gotten rid of my securities by changing all the profiles to admin with full access and rights. But my database is still encrypted and I receive an error message when I try to convert it. I could just convert the version of the database I have before the securities were added, but I've made a lot of changes since then and don't want to have to redo all those hours of wo...

Query based on multiple parameters
I would like to create a query where the user can input 2 or more parameters (part numbers), separated by comma and/or space and return information about that part. I already have a query that accepts one parameter. Is there a way to do this with more than one? I have read some posts that say to use a table to serve up the paraments and the user chooses one or more. However, a particular part or parts may not yet be in the table as they are new or unknown. Is there any way to do this without using an existing table but just accept input from the user on the fly? T...

Button to update a field
Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial to do the following I have a continuous form that allows me to choose the supplier for a product product name | supplier 1 | supplier 2 | supplier 3 | supplier 4 | supplier 5 | text box button button button button button There can only be one supplier, all updates will be done to the item information table. Currently I can do this with a combo box, but would prefer to do with with a buttons. Thanks The standard way to select one item among many is a combo box not buttons...

Convert Years to Years/Months/Days
Through a calculation, I get an amount of time in years (ex. 1.31 years). How would I convert that number to years/months/days based on a 360 day year? Thanks! Corey Also, for our purposes, a month is always 30 days. Just multiply your result by 360? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) <coreymartin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136384291.470002.53750@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Also, for our purposes, a month is always 30 days. > Look in HELP for the DAYS360() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten <coreymartin@gma...

Formula to Convert Minutes:Seconds to just seconds
Hi Gang, I will explain best way i can. If Cell A1 contains the time 01:30, thats 1 minute & 30 Seconds, Then need cell B1 to display the value as just seconds so that it looks lik this: 90. Again if a user types 01:00 in Cell A1 then Cell B1 should convert an display this as 120. I know the basic maths behind this, using the 01:30 as an example First excel should take what ever is before the : and multiply by 6 (to convert the minutes into seconds, then it should add the result t the number AFTER the : (which are seconds anyway and the end result i 90, and 90 is what should be displ...

Field Chooser #2
Guys-is it possible that some of the fields in Outlook 2000 (from Field Chooser) can simply disappear or could the problem be that somebody else is accessing my mailbox? It happened to me that the From field and Subject field have simply disappered twice without my action? Could it be a bug or something similar? Is it possible those fields are already in the table view? I've been spooked by that one before. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstar...

Help using Tables
Hi guys! I need some help. I have a table that has a percentage range. Like this. Less than 90% 0 90.0% 90.9% $ 2,625 91.0% 91.9% $ 3,413 92.0% 92.9% $ 4,200 93.0% 93.9% $ 4,988 94.0% 94.9% $ 5,775 95.0% 95.9% $ 6,563 96.0% 96.9% $ 7,350 97.0% 97.9% $ 8,138 98.0% 98.9% $ 8,925 99.0% 99.9% $ 9,713 100.0% 100.9% $ 10,500 101...

league table #4
Sorry peeps email is smurfsix@hotmail.com ...