How to Restrict Users to view/go to Query Design/Sql mode in MDE/M

I want to secure my Access MDE file so that My users can not go to Design /
SQL view of the query. Currently after opening query through command button
provided by me on form , any user can press right click button & Go to
design/Sql view of the query & fiddle with it. I want to keep enable right
click mouse button but disable "Query Design" option. Like for forms &
reports design option is not available after creation of MDE file. I am not
in a position to use Security & group wizard provided by Access. Please
Guide. Thanks . Girish

Disabled the default shortcut menus.  Select Tools ->Startup from the main
menu.  Then uncheck the Allow Default Shortcut Menus.

HTH
Dale

"Girish" <Girish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to secure my Access MDE file so that My users can not go to Design /
> SQL view of the query. Currently after opening query through command
> button
> provided by me on form , any user can press right click button & Go to
> design/Sql view of the query & fiddle with it. I want to keep enable right
> click mouse button but disable "Query Design" option. Like for forms &
> reports design option is not available after creation of MDE file. I am
> not
> in a position to use Security & group wizard provided by Access. Please
> Guide. Thanks . Girish

0
Dale
7/2/2007 2:12:56 AM
Dear Dale,

I can generate Po up window to filter out records in form. Thats a v good
suggestion for less complex project.

Problem is I have nearly 78 Queries for which I dont want to create any form
& on switchboard I am allowing users to access queries directly by
docmd.openquery command. Due to large no of queries I am trying to avoid
creating so many forms as my project may become quite bulky & big.

If i have not understood your suggestion properly please guide me with some
basic instructions. If possible please give me code to disable Query design
option.

Girish
"Dale Fye" wrote:

> Create your own pop-up window with just the functionality you want.  It is
> really pretty easy.  If you don't know how, and would like to learn, post
> back and I'll provide some basic instructions.
>
> Dale
> --
> Email address is not valid.
> Please reply to newsgroup only.
>

> "Girish" wrote:
>
> > Thanks. But This disabled complete context menu. I want to allow my users to
> > use Filter options that are available in Right Click Menu.
> >
> > I want to disable only "Query design" choice from right click menu.
> >
> > Thanks Once Again Dale.
> >
> > Girish
> >
> > "Dale Fye" wrote:
> >
> > > Disabled the default shortcut menus.  Select Tools ->Startup from the main
> > > menu.  Then uncheck the Allow Default Shortcut Menus.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > > Dale
> > >
> > > "Girish" <Girish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Delivery restrictions do not seem to make any difference.
I have created a SMTP connector and have tried to do the following: Selected "By default messages from everyone are Accepted", and then added a list of users who canot send messages Selected "By default messages from everyone are Rejected", and then added one user who can send messages Either way, all messages are going through. Is there anywhere else that I need to bechecking? I only have one connector and i thought that the very existence of a connector would mean that its prpoerties would override anything else. Saira On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:06:23 -0000, "Sai...

apply second domain to all users
My Exchange server 2003 is receiving email for domain mydomain.com. I just assigned the 2nd domain server.mydomain.com to this server. I would like all emails to usera@server.mydomain.com or usera@mydomain.com to be received by the same usera. Any advice is greatly appreciated. DT Hi .. What about updating your recipient policy? That should help .. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;249299 Cheers, KFL <dt1649651@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121061364.006693.16400@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > My Exchange server 2003 is receiving email for domain ...

How do I view two sheets with duel monitors?
I run with duel montiors, and am trying to setup excel so that I can view one spreadsheet one on monitor, and another spreadsheet on the second monitor. How do I set this up? Check out this link by Chip http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MultipleMonitors.aspx -- Jacob "Gorte McGinty" wrote: > I run with duel montiors, and am trying to setup excel so that I can view one > spreadsheet one on monitor, and another spreadsheet on the second monitor. > How do I set this up? You are also able to maximize on two screens and view on two screens by opening up ...

Clipboard....go away forever!!!!!(Excel 2002)
Hello, as you can see by the title, I am pretty annoyed at excel copy/paste clipbaord that keeps popping up everytime I copy a cell. BEFORE YOU ANSWER...please do this quick easy exersice in EXCEL 2002. You need to do this to understand what I am talking about....so try i first. Trust me Do the following in Excel 2002: 1.) On a blank excel sheet or what ever you have open, do a cop (ctrl+C) on lets say cell A1 or whatever cell you want. 2.) Ok now you should see the cell highlited around the boarder right?? 3.) OK now on the same cell do another (ctrl+C) and you should see clipbaord ...

HOW TO FIX A VIEW GLOBALLY
lots of answers but none of them work.. here is the actual solution.. works like a charm.. http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270_11-5243615.html ...

Restricting users
Hi, I have googled extensively but I cannot find whether it is possible to lock up the outlook 2003 client (or OWA for exchange 2003) so that a user can only send e-mail to addresses already in their contacts list, and they cannot add new entrie to that list. Is this possible? (Scenario is that we have a head office and 20 stores at remote sites. We want stores to be able to send internal e-mail between themselves and our head office, but not to send external e-mail) Thanks Brian You can restrict to what domains can be send mail to on the SMTP connector. For more assistance ask in a...

Outlook 2003 can't view public calendar appointments
Here is the situation. We recently upgraded from exchange 5.5 to 2003 enterprise. Additionally, we are in the process of updgrading from office 2000 to office 2003. Now, here is the problem. In Outlook 2000, I can see a public calendar's appointments. When I upgrade to 2003, I can no longer see those appointments. Looking at the system manager for exchange, I can't see the appointments either but, I know it has them because there are numerous items in it (per the system manager). Any ideas? ...

Tricky Accounting query
Hi All, Sorry for the 'not so descriptive' subject - but there wasn't enough room to write "Need help with Financial data from multiple tables to follow where a transaction went". :-D I have 8 tables - all identical - for 8 different 'accounts' (not bank accounts, but accounting 'accounts'). I have been asked if I can pull data from the 8 to try and follow a 'transaction' through these accounts. I had thought a crosstab query might do the trick, but was having difficulties in putting it together. So I then started by creating a...

Explorer Sales View
I am using Explorer to try to get all Unpaid Invoices. I am able to get all invoices using a restriction on the search criteria, but am unable to find the field to use to specify unpaid or open invoices. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Payables or Sales? Try "Current Trx Amount" is greater than 0.00. "woodsdarren" <woodsdarren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C769FFF-6A10-482C-B986-C13CC62C608F@microsoft.com... >I am using Explorer to try to get all Unpaid Invoices. I am able to get >all > invoices using a restriction on th...

Calendar views change
Hi running Exchange 5.5. We have different computers running different clients. Problem is some clients are viewing events as all day while some are viewing it as having a start time and end time. So the event could expand into another day. The problem is not client specific and has nothing to do with how it was created. For ex. PersonA (running Outlook 2003) creates an All day event. She views it and it looks like an all day event. PersonB (running Outlook 2003) opens it up and the event has a start time of 1:00 am to 1:00am the next day. Any ideas on why this is happening? ...

View of Excel form is different on different computers.
A common form being shared on the network displays differently on different computers. We have varying versions of Office with different windows operating systems. The form views fine on the Windows 98 system with Excel 2000. All of the other systems are newer with Windows 2000 or XP using equal or newer versions of Excel. They show the form displayed with all of the columns squeezed together. Is there a way to make the form view the same on all computers regardless of operating system and Excel version? You've partially answered your own question - the more disparity between ...

User defined system power state
In WinCE5, it was said user can define OEM specified system power state, except the states that predefined such as On, UserIdle, SystemIdle and Suspend ... But when I try to define system power state named "WifiOn' in registery liking: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\WifiOn] "Default"=dword:0 ; D0 "WIF1:"=dword:4 "Flags"=dword:10000 ; but I always failed when I call SetSystemPowerState(TEXT("WifiOn"),NULL,POWER_FORCE), And I use GetLastError(), found the error code...

Quick view...redux
In Live Mail, my Quick View folder has totally disappeared. <I suspect that a certain little relative of mine was messing around on the computer and deleted it but the reason that it happened is neither here nor there.> After reviewing and implementing the regedit "fix", that hasn't restored the folder. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Live Mail. That only takes me back to the way that it was with all of my email accounts still in place as they were before the uninstall/reinstall. It isn't doing a wipe of the program and "clean" ins...

No data returned from query
I can't seem to figure out why this query will not return any data. SELECT AsiaContracts.AsiaContractShipper, AsiaContracts.AsiaContractShipLine, AsiaContracts.AsiaContractNumber, OceanFreightRate.OceanFreigthRateOriginPort, OceanFreightRate.OceanFreightRateDischargePort, OceanFreightRate. OceanFreightCharge, OceanFreightRate.OceanFreightAdditionalFees, EuropeContracts.EuropeContractShipLine, EuropeContracts.EuropeContractShipper FROM OceanFreightRate INNER JOIN (EuropeContracts INNER JOIN (AsiaContracts INNER JOIN ContractJunction ON AsiaContracts.AsiaContractID = ContractJunc...

append query to table with autonumber pk
Hi, I know this is probably really simple but I just can't get it at this time. I have an append query that is supposed to append data to a table. The table has a pk autonumber. It is set to no index. When I run the query it appends the same data over causing numerous duplicates. I have thought maybe if I set the date <> the date of the table to be appended that it would work but then the access errored and said 0 records appended. Do you know how to get this working? INSERT INTO AbsenceRecordHR ( [Date], Employee_Name, Absence_Code, Comment ) SELECT [AbTable].Date, [AbTable].Empl...

need to add large amount of selected users to a distribution group
Is there an easy way to create a distribution group by importing a list of users into it using a .csv? This is on Exchange 5.5. I'm not ready to sit here, choose and select 900 users! "dude" <dude@aol.com> wrote: >Is there an easy way to create a distribution group by importing a list of >users into it using a .csv? This is on Exchange 5.5. I'm not ready to sit >here, choose and select 900 users! You can use the directory import tool. The details are in the maintenance and troubleshooting guide you'll find in the the online docs. You'll still h...

When Using a PropertySheet in Wizard Mode Can we Change the Order of sheets at runtime
Hey Friends I am creating a Wizard Using Property Sheet According to User Selection of Data in First Page I want that only one of the PropertySheet should be visible with a Fnish Button But I have added 4 More Property Pages Whereas i want only one of them to appear. Take a look at the CPropertySheet::SetActivePage() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OaKnxZauDHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hey Friends > > I am creating a Wizard Using Prop...

User and Organization in the upper right corner
Hello all! Is there a way to change the Organization the logged in user is belonging to? I'm referring to the informations displayed in the very upper right corer of the CRM browser window. I've modified all the entries I could find but it still displays the old information. Thank you in advance, Hrvoje ...

Display Query from form in Foreground
I have a form upon which the user selects display, filter and sort fields. He then clics the submit button and a query is built and then displayed with the following code: DoCmd.OpenQuery "Queryname", acNormal, acEdit The query works but shows up in the background and cant be clicked on until the form is closed. The idea was to create a form on which the user could do adhoc queries until he gets it right and then click another button to do the Excel extract. Is there a way to show the query in the foreground? On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:54:27 -0800, rmcompute wrote: > I ha...

Display table name as field in query
Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a query? I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Craig Craig wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a >query? > >I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different >tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Just use the table name in a calcula...

GAL with mMobile Users
Hi All My main office running EX 5.5(NT 4.0) and Windows 2000 domain (PDC). We got 3 Intersate offices but at the moment i just install mailenabel mail server for those 3 office and running seperatly. We got lots of mobile users as well I just want to Share and update GAL with all the Interstate offices and mobile users If someone recommend proper way or how to start much appriciate ...

Is there a way to go through all the controls on a MFC dialog?
hi, I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing their ID at design time. That mean that the program must get the id and then get the control. Is there a better solution? One thing is for sure, I have to get the CWnd* of all of the controls on a dialog. How do I do this? thanks ThunderMusic > I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing > their ID at design time. CWnd* pChild = MyDialog.GetWindow(GW_CHILD); while (pChild) { // your code... pChild = pChild->GetWindow(GW_HWNDNEXT); } thanks, it works... I had the GetWin...

Blank reply in emails but can view them in "auto preview"
When recieving a reply to some emails, I see nothing but the original email text without the reply text. The only way that I can see the reply text is if I set Outlook to use "auto preview", but there's nothing there if the message is opened. We are using Outlook 2000 sp3 internet mail (POP3) through a Verizon DSL connection (SMC Barricade router). It also seems to only happen when correxponding to people that are using Exchange Server. I've seen a few posts regarding this issue but I have not seen any resolution. I think it may also have to do with messages th...

Array formula
{=SUM((F45=10)*(H45={1,2,3})*{20,10,5})+((F45=20)*(H45={1, 2,3})*{42,21,11})} This formula works fine, up until the separated part, then it just does nothing(I put the spaces in just to clarify the problem area for this discussion). No matter what order put the arguments in, it only works up to the same point. Is this just a case of to much info? How do I extend this formula (I need it to be even longer the above example). thanks. Hi Atom, Try replacing SUM by SUMPRODUCT and do a normal completion with just ENTER since it is not an array formula Bernard "atom" <hmm@hmm.com...