How to get query to return total using wildcard

I have a query that has 3 criterion in it as follows:  Business Unit,
Location, Category.  These criterion are all chosen by the user on a loaded
form.  Currently the results then are based on what is chosen from a drop
down list for each of the 3 criterion.  The user also wants a total option.
Meaning if Business Unit is chosen, and Location and Category are not chosen
(or if a wildcard is chosen) the result returns a total based on that
Business Unit.  How do I write this in the query?

You have to use a union query, one part for details and the other for the
totals.
Use criteria from the 'total option' to determine which part returns results.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"workweek" wrote:

> I have a query that has 3 criterion in it as follows:  Business Unit,
> Location, Category.  These criterion are all chosen by the user on a loaded
> form.  Currently the results then are based on what is chosen from a drop
> down list for each of the 3 criterion.  The user also wants a total option.
> Meaning if Business Unit is chosen, and Location and Category are not chosen
> (or if a wildcard is chosen) the result returns a total based on that
> Business Unit.  How do I write this in the query?

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS
INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS - www.InternetMillionDollars.biz Watch the VIDEO on YOUTUBE... NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQUjk5EGV0 MAKE MONEY INSTANTLY using 2007 featured INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS as a resource. WORK FROM HOME HOMEBASED JOBS AND IDEAS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY Professor James Bradley's "Quick and real way to make BIG MONEY on the Internet!" The Independent Finally you have FOUND IT! Make a FORTUNE each month... .... every month! 100% ON AUTOPILOT Read it NOW and CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Are you fed up with being short of MONEY all the time? Do you DREAM about a...

Queries and Charts

Using scanner in Word97

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Return Receipt
Hi - I received a message with a "return Receipt" and said yes not remebering that I was not at my home computer. My ISP does not allow remote sending - so now everytime I hit send/receive it tries to send the receipt. There is nothing in the outbox or send box. Any ideas on how to get rid of this? Thanks ...

Using later version of microsoft access

Changing query execution sequence

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

getting started
I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? damselindistress <damselindistress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL > address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? When you obtained your packet from SBC, they included all that information. Moreover, it's in the Help section of SBC Yahoo's site. The most likely settings are "pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" for the incoming serv...

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

multiple iterations of same query
Running Access 2003 on Vista. I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this? Post your query SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Nathan" wrote: > Running Access 2003 on Vista. > > I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. > > What I want to do is run the same query fo...

PO Return for uninvoiced item
We're trying to process a return against a PO line that was received in error. The receipt has not been matched to an invoice, and won't be since it was our mistake to receive it in the first place. There has been no further inventory or sales activity on the item since the PO receipt. When I try to enter a 'Return', the specific receipt transaction doesn't show. If I enter 'Return with Credit' then it does show. Since we won't be invoiced I'd rather not create a credit on the vendor account, but there doesn't appear to be an option at this poi...

Can a Component written in VBScript return an array of Objects?
Can a Component written in VBScript return an array of different Object types? In other words the elements of the array are not the same type. -- 100% Accurate Display Screen OCR http://www.OCR4Screen.com Peter Olcott schrieb: > Can a Component written in VBScript return an array of different Object > types? In other words the elements of the array are not the same type. > Yes; all data in VBScript is stored in Variants, so you may even mix plain and oop 'objects'. The retured thingy is just another Variant of subtype array. So just create/fill your array an...

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...

Tricky ComboBox / Filter query
Here's one On Sheet1, from A1:A2931 I have dates, every day from 01.01.02 to 31.12.2009 (A1="01/01/2002", A2="02/01/2002", etc). On a Userform I have 2 ComboBoxes: 1 for month, one for year. Is it possible to use these to filter Sheet1 and leave only those dates chosen in the dropdowns (eg, December 2004 only)? TIA Alan ...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Query question 12-11-07
I have a question that I hope you all can help me with. When I run a query, the results come back with multiple lines of data for an order because of multiple critereas in another field. Here is an example of the data returned to my query: Order Status A In Process A Sent B In Process C In Process I would like to see only the data for orders that have not been shipped, and totally exclude data for orders that have been sent. In the example above, I would like my query results to show Orders B and C, but no data for A since it has al...

How can I count unique values in a query in the report footer 12-16-07
I have a report that gives me the count of the status of individuals . This works fine as long is there is only one record in the query (in my query there is one record per month). When I query 12 months (individuals may appear in various months) it counts each record of an individual. For Example in a query considering 12 months for a widow Jones it may count her 12 times and for a survivor named Smith may count her 8 times: Widows 12 Survivors 8 I would like to add a count in the report footer that will tell me how many unique individuals I have in the report (Example widows: Tot...

How can I get the trial balloon to work?
I've downloaded the Works program trial balloon over and over, but when I try to use the program it tells me to use a product key and the key I was given (every time) doesn't work. ...