how do I setup a subcategory lookup based on category selected?

i'm setting up a table which has categories and subcategories. I want to do
both with lookup listboxes in two seperate fields. I created another table
with category and one of its subcategories for a two field table. There are
records for all categories and their subcategories. I have the first lookup
populated with just the categories. I'm having a problem generating a listbox
with just the subcategories for the select category. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

See:
    Limit content of combo/list boxes
at:
    http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i'm setting up a table which has categories and subcategories. I want to
> do
> both with lookup listboxes in two seperate fields. I created another table
> with category and one of its subcategories for a two field table. There
> are
> records for all categories and their subcategories. I have the first
> lookup
> populated with just the categories. I'm having a problem generating a
> listbox
> with just the subcategories for the select category. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

0
Allen

javascript + onchange + delete value from lookup
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to delete a value in a lookup through javascript. Following scenario: On the contact form I have a picklist with several values and a lookupfield for the accounts. Now I want, when a certain value is selected in that picklist, that the value in the lookup of the account is deleted. Is this possilbe to do with javascript in an onchange event? thank you in advance. In the onchange event, when your picklistvalue is selected, simply put the following line of code : crmForm.all.parentcustomerid.DataValue = null; This will delete the value f...

Setup error installing Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on Vista Ultimate X64
I bought a Money CD from Staples today and get the following error when I try to execute the setup.exe file to ininstall the new Money: 'The autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt'. File is there and appears to be ok. Any workarounds? I have Money 2006 already isntalled and working ok on the same computer partition, bjr <bj-nospam@comcast.net> wrote on 17 Dec 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > The autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt Type that character string into a Google search box, then press <Enter>. Click on the second thing on the list. -- Steve B...

Change formulas in a column based on a selection.
I have checkboxes from the forms toolbar in Column A linked to corresponding Cells in Column B. I have this formula in the corresponding cell in Column E =IF($B2,"Computer 1","") So when checkbox A2 is checked it displays "Computer 1" in Cell E2 I have this formula in the corresponding cell in Column F =IF($B2,I2,"") So when checkbox A2 is checked it displays the value in Cell I2. What I'd like to accomplish is to have a way to select the heading for Column I, J, K, L or M so that all the formulas in column F would change based on tha...

Can't seem to properly disable a menu item (Dialog-based application)...
In a dialog-based MFC application (VS.NET 2003 on WinXP), I want to disable a menu item (e.g. "save") according to some flags (e.g. data modified). Currently, I am implementing OnInitMenu, and making the following call to enable/disable the item: if( HMENU m = GetMenu( window->GetSafeHwnd() ) ) ::EnableMenuItem( m, commandID, MF_BYCOMMAND | (enable ? MF_ENABLED : (MF_DISABLED|MF_GRAYED) ) ); The problem I have is that the item is actually grayed out, but never disabled: the menu item is still 'inverted' (blue highlight) when the mouse moves over it. (...

Where did my exception base class go?
Hello, I have an application that compiles/runs just fine under VS 2003 that I'm migrating to VS 2005. When I try to compile I get the following error repeated quite a few times for different files in my source: 1>z:\scissors\src\imagelib\image.h(163) : error C2504: 'exception' : base class undefined This happens with code like this: struct CError : public exception { ... } where I'm defining structs that use the exception class as a base. This class used to be defined in the header file <stdexcept> but now it apparently isn't and I can no longer find it. Is...

Subreport based on query: Display/print ID number or Full name onl
I have designed a summary report that shows average ratings respondents give for seminar sessions. I have several subreports based on different queries that give me a Respondents ID number, full name, and any verbatim comments the respondent made. Clients and instructors now only want to see the respondents ID number only if there is no name. I just started learning VB so, I'm way out of my comfort zone here! TextBox FullName's control source is =[RspFname]&" "&[RspLname] RspID (PK) visible property is set to true Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer...

count one column based on value in adjacent column
Does anyone know how to count the number of cells in one column based on a value in a second column? Example: Column 1 Column 2 Car Green Car Car Green Boat Green Train Green The empty cell was intentional. I would like to count the number of "Green" in Column 2 only if it coincides with "Car" in Column 1, so the result would = 2. I tried using Dcount but I couldn't get it to work. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide. One way In say, C1: =sumproduct((a1:a100="Car")*(b...

vlooup will not work correctly if lookup table is on another sheet
i have an XL2003 workbook with mnay sheets. on each sheet i have a look table. i would like to have the tabl eon just 1 sheet, but here is the problem. Vlookup will work fine in most cases, however, column 1 of the table consist of single letters, such a G, C, M, T, g, c. If the lookup table is on the actvie sheet, then if i enter a G, it lookups up the row with G in the 1st column. If I enter g, then it returns the row for g. But, if the lookup table is on another sheet, I will get the row for G when i enter g, instead of the row for g. This happens with no agument, or TRUE, or FALSE. I have ...

Page Setup is Slow
Hi All, Can't honestly say whether this has always been the case or its just started to happen, but configuring anything in the 'Page Setup' dialogue box is incredibly slow at the moment. This is on a corporate network, from a networked laptop to a networked printer. Printing is via IP, I am told, and is working fine. Anyone got any ideas please. Regards. Bill. ...

Export selected contacts
Is there a way to export only selected contacts to a csv file. When I choose File/Export it seems to export all contacts. Thanks. ...

Quick questions on setup of 2003?
Can you install Active Directory Connector after Domain prep and Forest prep have been run? If you have run the Domain Prep and Forest prep for 2000, do need to run it for 2003? "LT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you install Active Directory Connector after Domain >prep and Forest prep have been run? Yes. >If you have run the Domain Prep and Forest prep for 2000, >do need to run it for 2003? Yes. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Updating Two Text Boxes Based on Information Entered into a Third Text Box
I feel a little silly, but I'm just going to come out straight and say it: I play Dungeons & Dragons and I thought that it might be fun to try and build a character sheet database at home so that I could play around with some of the program's features and learn more about Access. Unfortunately, I'm running into a snag. Here's my problem: I have a form which updates a table, called 'Characters Table.' What I want to be able to do is select a race from a second table, called 'Races Table,' using a combo box. Then, based on the race selected, I want to have tw...

setup was unable to find an instance of the microsoft CRM server c
please help 1 domain controller with Exchange, IIS, CRM, and SQL. 1 workstation with winxp sp2. I CAN NOT install CRM Sales for outlook on client. I am administrator of the local box and domain. Both computers are in same domain. NIC NOT firewalled. Everything worked fine in the test environment but not in live network. just like everyone else. i do have SSL on server as well.. i think this may be the problem... First, is the CRM server functional? Be sure to check that the SQL/CRM services are running on the server. Second, are you able to access it via the web interface? If so, w...

XL2007 on XP hangs/crashes when date cells are selected
Hi there Since 2-3 weeks I'm having a very annoying problem with XL2007 on XP. It keeps hanging (the app stops responding) when I select certain cells in certain documents. I tried switching off all macros, all formulas, error-control, all add-ins, but to no avail. I re-installed Office, but it didn't solve anything. I realized today that it occurs all the time I try to select a cell containing a date (formatted as date). Did someone encounter the same problem? Do you have an idea what might be wrong? I'm not a Windows expert, I usually use mac, but at work we use WinXP, ...

Threeway lookup
I found this on David McRitchie�s site on how to do a three way lookup =INDEX(data,MATCH(A10&A11,A3:A8&B3:B8,0),MATCH(A12,2:2,0)) Where A10 contains variable plant (Plant A) and A11 contains variable product (Prod B) and A12 contains the variable month (March) array-enter But I cant seem to make it work. I understand the Index and Match functions but what is data in the beginning after index mean. TIA Ola Hi Ola........... I can't answer your specific question, but if by "Three way lookup" you mean you want to look up a specific combination of values in three dif...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. #4
Is anyone esle getting this message? Help? =?Utf-8?B?a2F0eg==?= <katz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9B3988B5- 8951-4B67-9E8C-A7BCEDB6830A@microsoft.com: > Is anyone esle getting this message? Help? Since the "critical update" last week I get this most of the time. The occasional times I get past this, I get error obres:22063 with "We're sorry. There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time." This happens to all my accounts that normally are updated through Yo...

VBA and Formula for Lottery Random Number Selection
Require VBA and Formula to perform the following: 1. Choose two Random numbers between 1-34 2. The lowest number of the two must be subtracted from the highest number to be within a predetermined Range. 3. The predetermined Ranges that can be selected are: 5-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30 and 31-34. This is the difference between the two numbers - the highest and lowest Randomly selected numbers. 4. Formula to check that Randomly selected numbers meet criteria. Example: Predetermined Range required 5-10 Numbers Randomly Selected 18 and 28 28-18=10 therefore within predetermined Rang...

Change Vaule of main form field based on subform field
I have a datsheet main form for mortgage folders with a field called File Location which defaults to "Basement Vault" at the table level. I have a datasheet subform called fileoutsubfrm which contains fields SentDate, SentBy, Sent To Whom (Cmbobox) and ReturnedDate. The master/child link is the ACCTNBR field. I am attempting to have the file location field update to the value of the Sent to Whom from the subform if the Sent to Whom is not null and the ReturnedDate is Null. This is my attempt at coding the On Current event of the main form - I am getting an invalid reference to ...

Filling Out Cells Based on Data Validation
I have created a drop down list using data validation. What I need to do now is have cells filled out based on the value selected. In this case, the list has three values (Cell A1), and I need to have a range of cells (C7 to C54) populate data based on the specific value in A1. The other data is on a sheet named "Data Entry." Is this enough information or would I need to provide more? VLOOKUP or INDEX and MATCH Where are the data to pull over located on Data Entry sheet? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 14:33:01 -0700, Ericc = <Ericc@discussi...

requisition Lookups
I agree that when creating a requisition, the user needs to "find" inventory items by filters in addition to ITEM ID and ITEM Description such as SHORT DESCRIPTION, GENERIC and VENDOR -- Mike ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

How to use "Print_Area" to select my range.
I'm currently using this structure to define my range: Dim myRng As Range With Worksheets("Education") Set myRng = .Range("A4", "A74") End With However, the last cell in the range I need (A74 in this case), changes depending on the size of my print area. Is there a way to change the above so that the last cell in the range is 16 cells above the last row in my print area? Many Thanks. Tom Morris Tom, Use the following function to get the last row for all print areas on the sheet. Substract 16 from the result. The function returns 0 if an error occurs. &...

Conditional Lookup
I am trying to develop a file for budgets/costs in a publishing environment. The main variables are: title (any one of 7), print run (a range from 3,000 to 20,000) and pagination (ranges from 24 + cover to 120 + cover). Currently the summary worksheet allows the user to select ‘title’, ‘print run’ and ‘pagination’ data from 3 drop-down lists. I need to now use the data selected from the lists to extract various costs from ranges on other worksheets and put the figures into the appropriate budget item cells. For example, the ‘Printing & Binding’ cost item for a specific title would ...

User Lookup
Can anyone tell me how I can add a user lookup to a form? When I add a field using createdby or modifiedby on the Lead Form. The lookup is disabled. -- Thanks in advance, Rick They are disabled because they are filled automatically depending on who created the lead or last modified it. Unfortunately, there is no way to add custom lookup fields. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Rick" wrote: > Can anyone tell me how I can add a user lookup to a form? When I add a field > using createdby or modifiedby on the Lead Form. The lookup is disabled. > &g...

A Print Button macro that is based on Checkbox macros
I created an Excel spreadsheet (Windows XP) which contains a macro Print Button from the forms toolbar that prints a hidden worksheet. However, I was wondering if it's possible to incorporate checkbox macros in the active window that will dictate which range of cells to be printed when the Print Button macro pressed. This will allow the user to print various sections (range of cells) of the hidden worksheet depending on which checkbox is checked. Thank you, Mstr G. If you're careful with the setup, it should be fairly straight forward. I created 3 checkboxes (also from the forms ...

page setup landscape, but print footer in portrait mode
I have several pages that are being compiled. Most of them are printed in a portrait mode, but several are in landscape. I would like to print page numbers on all of them in the lower right hand corner. The landscaped pages will be turned facing the right of course, so the page number needs to print in the left hand margin turned 90 degrees. Hi not possible without VBA. You may record a macro while - set the page layout for the first pages - print these pages - change the page layout (landscape) - print these pages -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany msvflyhigh wrote: > I...