Highlight keywords in result of perameter query

I have a query perameter "*" & [Keyword Search] & "*" the returns the records
based on the keyword.  Works great.  Is there a way the keyword to be
highlighted or change color in the results?

Not that I know of.  Especially in a query.

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"Ryan Tisserand" <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a query perameter "*" & [Keyword Search] & "*" the returns the
>records
> based on the keyword.  Works great.  Is there a way the keyword to be
> highlighted or change color in the results?

0
John
1/23/2008 4:43:03 PM
What about on a form?

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Not that I know of.  Especially in a query.
>

> --
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> ..
>
> "Ryan Tisserand" <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a query perameter "*" & [Keyword Search] & "*" the returns the
> >records
> > based on the keyword.  Works great.  Is there a way the keyword to be
> > highlighted or change color in the results?

Only if the controls were rich text controls.  Then you could probably do it
for single form display and perhaps for continuous forms.

I'm sure this would require code to handle the HIGHLIGHTING and that you
would also need to have the code turn off the highlighting when you closed
the form.

--

> What about on a form?
>
> "John Spencer" wrote:
>
>> Not that I know of.  Especially in a query.
>>

>> --
>> John Spencer
>> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
>> Center for Health Program Development and Management
>> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>> ..
>>
>> "Ryan Tisserand" <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I have a query perameter "*" & [Keyword Search] & "*" the returns the
>> >records
>> > based on the keyword.  Works great.  Is there a way the keyword to be
>> > highlighted or change color in the results?

0
John

Using a query versus a table for the look up wizard
Hello, I have a field which I would like to use the lookup wizard for to generate a drop down list for the user to select from. My question is whether my databse would run faster if I used: a query from an already established table as the values for the lookup wizard, or to build a new table to hold the information for the lookup wizard to use. I think you'll find few of us recommend the use of the Lookup Wizard. Lookup fields only have a place in tables, and your users should never be working directly with the tables. Create a form, and use a combo box on the form. (See http...

macro results wrong
I recorded marcos in a workbook. I then saved the workbook uder a ne name . Naturauly I had to modify the macro ref file names to the new fil name. I can now run the macros , however I get the wrong results. example: i have this formular =if(data!c5=0,0,data!c5/data!d5) in the orignal workbook it works fine when I copy an autofill the fields in that column. In the new workbook the formular is right but th resutant value is a constant for all the auto filled cells!! eg. if th cell A1 = 3 all the other cells A2 , A3 , A4 are dispalying 3 enven the formula shows otherwise. Please help :co...

how to write condition in a query
If I wan to perform some calculation in the query if the condition meet, how can combine the below statement tgt in one field? Minutes: IIf([start]>DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]![datedaily1]![date] And [end]<[forms]![datedaily1]![date]),DateDiff("n",[start],[end])) Minutes: IIf([start]<DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]![datedaily1]![date] And [end]<[forms]![datedaily1]![date]),DateDiff("n",DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]! [datedaily1]![date],[end])) Minutes: IIf([start]<DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]![datedaily1]![date] And [end]>[forms]![datedaily...

Return Cell formula, not result
I want to return a cells formula string, not the result. Example: A B 1 =B1 20 If I reference cell A1, I want the following result "=B1" NOT "20" Thanks PS. What is the search syntax to search ALL words, not just any word. I tried searching the newsgroups but could not narrow the search. Robert, precede it with a single apostrophe '=B1 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Robert Randolph" <NOSPAAMMrob@KingdomSoftware.com> wrote in message news:00e101c36419$960473a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to return a cells formula string, not the re...

Pass Through Query Translation
How do I translate this into a pass through query? I've been puzzled over this for a day now? SELECT STORET1_TSRFDACT.START_DATE FROM STORET1_TSRFDACT WHERE ((Year([start_Date])=2008)); I keep getting an error '"YEAR": 'Invalid Identifier' Thanks. Kou Kou Vang wrote: > How do I translate this into a pass through query? I've been puzzled over > this for a day now? > > SELECT STORET1_TSRFDACT.START_DATE > FROM STORET1_TSRFDACT > WHERE ((Year([start_Date])=2008)); > > I keep getting an error '"YEAR":...

formatting: highlighting, wrap text, etc.
Hi, I have used Excel for years and in the past couple of days I have not been able to highlight any fields, cannot format an entire document, i.e., Ariel 10 pt I have tried on-line help and can't figure out how to resolve. I have even opened new workbooks and continue to have the same problem HELP!!!!!!!!!! thanks. A few ideas. Check all Excel Tools/Options. Check Windows Display options. Faulty keyboard. Faulty mouse. Scroll lock on. Faulty monitor/screen display settings. Installed/amended any software recently ? Start/Run... Type excel.exe /regserver .... Enter --- Message post...

Problem importing data via query
When i import data via a webquery from: http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/table.html I get different values than on the webpage.. When the webpage says: American Dollar 1.3601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 1.62633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 2.75284 0.363261 I get these values in Excel: American Dollar 13.601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 162.633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 275.284 0.363261 Some values are ten times to high, some are hunderd times to low. Is this because in my version we use comma to seperate decimals? So i see the value 13601 for the US$, and with the...

I'm SOOO tired of delete queries failing!
running access 2k; I have 2 queries - BOTH should work as far as I can see, and NEITHER does; each reporting "could not delete from specified table". Obviously, they are 2 attempts to complete the same deletion task, which is to delete every record found in the ZQ_delete-dups recordset from the Q_patients recordset. Sounds simple, looks simple, s/b simple, but apparently it's not. I believe either of these would work under sql-server.... Here's the first query: DELETE Q_patients.* FROM Q_patients WHERE (((Q_patients.T_contacts.contact_id) In (select ZQ_delete_dups.contact...

Display table name as field in query
Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a query? I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Craig Craig wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a >query? > >I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different >tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Just use the table name in a calcula...

Display Query from form in Foreground
I have a form upon which the user selects display, filter and sort fields. He then clics the submit button and a query is built and then displayed with the following code: DoCmd.OpenQuery "Queryname", acNormal, acEdit The query works but shows up in the background and cant be clicked on until the form is closed. The idea was to create a form on which the user could do adhoc queries until he gets it right and then click another button to do the Excel extract. Is there a way to show the query in the foreground? On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:54:27 -0800, rmcompute wrote: > I ha...

Help please using a combo box with a query instead of the usual wildcards etc.....
Hi, I have nearly finished my database and I would like to add a query that uses a combo box to get the results, not the usual paramater style input. I suppose it would need a form and a query and a combo box, but where to start !!!!!!!! Any kind soul out there that can give me an example of where to start..........? Many Thanks Joe Joe The generic approach you'd use is: * create a new form, add a combo box that is set to return the value your query would need * create your query ... in the criterion "cell", put a reference to the form's combo box's value: ...

Results of formula vs real numbers
HI. How do you change a formula to read the value as a result of a formula and not necessarily as a real number? Example: In G6, i have the following formula that gives me the hour of a time in F6 =IF(F6>0,MOD(F6-"1:00",1),"") F6 contains 00:30:08, The result is 23 In another cell, I am using this formula, but it doesnt recognize the 23. =SUMPRODUCT(--(B6:B58331="james"),--(G6:G58331="23")) The 23 is actually the HOUR of time so it isn't a whole number or real number persay. It is a rounded time to the hour. Yes, but it isn't a text ...

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

Selecting Maximum Values in a Query with joins to other tables
I'm having difficulty with a query and hope someone can help me out. Basically, I'm looking to select the maximum amounts from a table based on a column in one of the tables named StateID. It works fine when I do this: SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.Bids.StateID, MAX(DISTINCT dbo.Bids.Amount) AS Amount, dbo.States.StateName FROM dbo.Bids INNER JOIN dbo.States ON dbo.Bids.StateID = dbo.States.StateID GROUP BY dbo.Bids.StateID, dbo.States.StateName ORDER BY dbo.States.StateName However, when I start to join fields from other tables in...

Stored Procedure Execution Results (Succeed/Fail)
What is the best way to launch a Stored Procedure in a module to determine its Execution Result? The way that I've been doing it is by Docmd.RunSQL("Exec SP_Name"). I'm not sure if it executes successfully though. Thank you CurrentDb.Execute "....", DAO.DbSeeChanges Debug.Print CurrentDb.RecordsAffected HtH Pieter "S.Clark" <SClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F66B5DE7-BB6D-461E-9DA4-F39734557968@microsoft.com... > Use ADO to create a command object. I think you'll have more granular > control over the executio...

Does batch recovery result in different transaction source values?
We have a situation that we can't explain. Here are the facts: 1. User posted a Receivings transaction batch comprised of 37 different receipt transactions. 2. In the G/L, transactions #1-32 have a ORTRXSRC value of 'RECVG00001854', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037046' and an ORGNTSRC of 'RECVG00001854'. 3. In the G/L, transactions #33-37 have an ORTRXSRC value of 'GLTRX037046', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037047', and an ORGNTSRC of 'GLTRX037046'. Note the slight difference (one less zero) in the TRXSORCE and ORGNTSRC values compared to transacti...

LDAP Query #5
I want to setup an Address list (filter) with multiple addresses... This works for one: (&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com))) this does NOT work for multiple: (&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com)(mail=*@123.com))) Does anyone know the correct syntax? Thank you for any help! "JHP" <goawayspam@GFY.com> wrote: >I want to setup an Address list (filter) with multiple addresses... > >This works for one: > >(&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com))) > >this does NOT work for multiple: > >(&(&(objectCategory=*)(ma...

Pass Through query with criteria on a form
I have a Pass Through query that looks like this. select Location,City,State,Country,Pings from (select sd_term_name_loc as 'Location', sd_term_city as 'City', sd_term_st as 'State', sd_term_cntry as 'Country', count(sd_key)as 'Pings' from detail (nolock) where -- ***** The dates below refer to the date and time at which the transaction was loaded to PRM. -- ***** -- ***** The number of pings which have occurred BETWEEN those dates/times will be counted. -- ***** -- ***** Enter the date/time in the format '09/16/2007 14:00:00.000...

Search and replace query

charting pivot table results by month
I am trying to create a chart that shows monthly totals from pivot table results. Each record has a date in the first field in the format, 01/01/2004. I have been using the Month function on the date field to change it to a number corresponding to the month before creating the pivot chart. This gives me the monthly totals that I need but I think there must be an easier way. Any suggestions? Thanks. Ken Ken - If you use a custom number format of m or mm, your date will appear as just the month's number, 2 or 02 for February. mmm would give you Feb, and mmmm February. This wouldn'...

Queries Versus Views
I have written many Access reports I would now like to make available via MS SS RS. Many of my reports rely on queries that relies on 2-3-4 other queries. Nested queries, sub-queries, whatever you want to call them. Often this is because of differences between the ways I need the data (one row, many columns) and the way it is stored (many rows, one column). What is the most efficient way to deal with nested queries, sub- queries, or whatever in MS SS RS? Create views instead of queries? I don't seem to be able to create one data set based on another... Thanks, Patr...

highlight consecutive duplicate rows (re-sending)
My apologies if anyone responded to this when I originally posted. I didn't download enough headers and I can't recapture the original.... I want to highlight any row that has the same data as the previous row. For example, if A:3=A:2 and B:3=B:2 and C:3=C:2, I want to highlight Row 3. I also want to repeat this logic throughout the spreadsheet. Can I do with this with Conditional Formatting? Or, would I need to use VBA...in which case, how would I code this? Thanks in advance. I have no idea if anyone responded to your earlier post, but you could check yourself: You can ...

Calculations, Queries and making it all come together in my table
hello, I am trying to create a very simple database (I'm pretty new to Access). In my main table it have a field call % Safe which is to show the results a calculation. I understand I should create a query. I have two issues - one, the calculation I created doesn't seem to work. I created a simple query based on the fields in my main table, in the query field called % Safe, under Criteria I entered = [# Safe]-[# Unsafe]/[# Safe]. now, I assumed it would look at the data entered in the main table, perform the calculation and BAM present me with answer in this field. ...

Work with web query file
How can i get data from a iqy file?? [PS] E:\>dir *.iqy Directory: E:\ Mode LastWriteTime Length Name ---- ------------- ------ ---- -a--- 10-May-10 10:07 AM 758 owssvr.iqy [PS] E:\>$a = New-Object -ComObject excel.application [PS] E:\>$iqy = $a.Workbooks.Open(".\owssvr.iqy") Exception calling "Open" with "1" argument(s): "'.\owssvr.iqy' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying t...