Hide connection string in SQL pass through

Hi,

We are using MS access front end to a Oracle back end database. A
number of the forms use pass-through queries. We are using a global
user name and password to create the pass-throughs so that all users
can access the data. However that user name and password is visible in
the pass-through. Is there any way to hide login information in the
connection string ? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Thangam

0
Tangz

Microsoft SQL Analysis Services

How to Restrict Users to view/go to Query Design/Sql mode in MDE/M
I want to secure my Access MDE file so that My users can not go to Design / SQL view of the query. Currently after opening query through command button provided by me on form , any user can press right click button & Go to design/Sql view of the query & fiddle with it. I want to keep enable right click mouse button but disable "Query Design" option. Like for forms & reports design option is not available after creation of MDE file. I am not in a position to use Security & group wizard provided by Access. Please Guide. Thanks . Girish Disabled the default short...

small error with sql connection
"Reporting Services Error An error has occured during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Login failed for user '(null)'. reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Any idea on how to establish this trust connection? CRM and SQL Reporting Services, Domain controller (2k3) are on Server1, Server2 (2k3) houses SQL 2000 Hi Chase! You can check this documentation... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;909588 Hope this helps... "Chase D&qu...

Convert String Output to Number
I am trying to calculate the a average number number and I get the following error [rsAggregateOfNonNumericData] The Value expression for the textbox ‘textbox20’ uses a numeric aggregate function on data that is not numeric. Numeric aggregate functions (Sum, Avg, StDev, Var, StDevP, and VarP) can only aggregate numeric data. The expression I am using is =IIF(IsNothing(Fields!DaysOpen.Value),0,AVG(Fields!DaysOpen.Value)) The expression for the fiel days open is =IIF(IsNothing(Fields!UDReportDateClose.Value),0, Fields!DaysOpen.Value) Try this....addint CINT IIF(IsN...

remove blanks from a string of chars within a cell?
trim -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "rayhollidge" <rayhollidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:846DD838-1EA5-42F3-BD8B-D1AD481D181F@microsoft.com... > All the blanks? =SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","") Lots of cells and permanently - Select range and use Edit / Replace, replacing space with nothing. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to ...

Can you synch Outlook via a bluetooth connection?
I have a new computer and want to transmit my outlook files from my phone. What phone do you have and is there a sync program available for it? "guggy" <guggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFCE3BB9-74EC-480D-80F1-6DBD48A87018@microsoft.com... >I have a new computer and want to transmit my outlook files from my phone. I have a Treo 650. Both the computer and phone have bluetooth. I follwed all directions but when I try to hotsync I get a message saying the port is being used by another application. The port indicated in my computer for bluetoot...

GP 8.0 and SQL 2000 SP4?
We're humming along on SQL2000 SP3a and my server, users, and network administrator are very happy. Today I realized SP4 has been available for over 6 months (usually I'm on top of these things)! I know that 9.0 is just around the corner and will support SQL 2005, but we're probably gonna put off this upgrade until late 2006. Soo...in the meantime I'm trying to decide is I should upgrade to SP4. I found a document on CustomerSource that tells me GP 8.0 works fine with SP4....anyone had any problems with this? ANY suggestions / comments are much appreciated.....just ...

hide columns on a protected sheet
When using MS Excel 2003: I have turned on "Protect Sheet" to protect some formulas/Cells from being deleted/changed. Prior to turning on protection I unlocked the cells that I wanted users to be able to edit. What I don't see on the "Protect Sheet" menu is an option to "Hide Columns" Do you know of any way that I can allow users to do this, without turning off the protection in MS Excel 2003? aww i figured it out.... "Rose" wrote: > When using MS Excel 2003: I have turned on "Protect Sheet" to protect some &...

How do I serialize an object to a string instead of a stream?
This is the example from MSDN where an object is serialized to a filestream: MySerializableClass myObject = new MySerializableClass(); // Insert code to set properties and fields of the object. XmlSerializer mySerializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(MySerializableClass)); // To write to a file, create a StreamWriter object. StreamWriter myWriter = new StreamWriter("myFileName.xml"); mySerializer.Serialize(myWriter, myObject); How do I make a similar code that would give me a string or an XML Document that contains the XML-serialized object? Kristian Kjems wrote: > This is...

Get a connect to server error -- help!
When users log on to their outlook/exchange they will get a connect to server error pop up that exchange is running in recovery mode. They just click the connect button and all seems to run fine. We recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and can not get rid of this error. Please Help -Will Name resolution on your network is not working properly. Make sure local DNS server is specified on clients and domain suffix on clients and on server match. MS Newbie wrote: > When users log on to their outlook/exchange they will get a connect to server error pop up that exchange is running ...

Hiding rows based on a value
I am looking for a way to hide a row based on the value in a cell. EG: a price list which hides rows where the quantity column is '0' so that when you print it / view it on screen you only see relevant rows. Thanks. Menu Data>Filter>Autofilter and select a value of 0. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:132DD4F9-06F2-4434-97DB-78E5CC4D3505@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a way to hide a row based on the value in a cell. > > EG: a price list which hi...

IIS hangs when accessing SQL Reports
Hello, we have a strange issue at customer site. We are using SQL 2005 Service pack 2 reporting services, OS is: Windows 2003 server Some times IIS/web requests hangs when accessing reports. once this is hanged, i can't event browse: http://localhost/Reports. Nothing can be done. I need to restart to start accessing/running reports. Whenever this happens, i can see one DCOM error in event viewer: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account does not have permission on NETMAN I am not sure how Network Service account and Netman and Reports are related together. can any one help m...

Outlook
Hi there, I wonder if someone can help me out with this problem!!\ I got a Win2K machine running Office 2000 on a NT4 Network. When the client opens outlook he gets the "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable". This is the only person on-site who cannot connect. I can ping the exchange server from the PC, I can connect to all network shares except for getting emails. THe client recently upgraded the machine - new motherboards, cpu and memory. If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this please help!!!! I am desperate and my call is now out of SLA!! Dhillan Ha...

Combining string values
Hello, in my project I have a couple of strings that function as a counter. The count the number of loops that have been made Now I want to make a total counter that adds the values of the seperate counters eg. Dim strCounter1 as String 'eg value = 5 Dim strCounter2 as String 'eg value = 5 Dim strCounterTotal as String 'I want this counter to show 10 strCounterTotal = strCounter1 + strCounter2 The last line now returns 55 instead of 10 How do I do this trick Thanx in advance If you look up the use of the + operator in vba help, you will see th...

Great Plains and SQL Server Clustering
Does anyone have any experience with Great Plains and SQL server clustering - either a Server cluster or Network Load Balance cluster? It is something we may start looking at, but it would be helpful to know if there are any deal breaking issues before diving in and spending a bunch of time on it. I have a couple of documents I can send you regarding this subject. Just send me a message. "YCI" wrote: > Does anyone have any experience with Great Plains and SQL server clustering - > either a Server cluster or Network Load Balance cluster? It is something we > may st...

Scope issue? Variables passed from form to report with OpenArgs
Access 2003. I'm trying to pass values for two variables to a report from a form but the controls on the report are giving me "#Name?" errors wherever the passed variables are used. Here's the code on the form Private Sub cmdPreviewClaim_Click() Dim strOpenArgs As String strOpenArgs = Forms!frmMain.Form.cboxPlanYear & "|" & Forms! frmMain.Form.currSetAside DoCmd.OpenReport "rptClaim", acViewPreview, , , , strOpenArgs End Sub Here's the Open event of the report (ParseText() is a module level function to parse strings with a "|" d...

convert string to mathematical expression
Hello, what's wrong with below code ? I want to get result of equation. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ firstnumber = InputBox("Please, give me first number") secondnumber = InputBox("Please, give me second number") Myoperator = InputBox("Please give me an operator, for example + or - ") Myresult = Val(firstnumber) & Myoperator & Val(secondnumber) wiersz = Range("A1").Row Myresult = Val(Myresult) Cells(wiersz, 1).Value = firstnumber Cells(wiersz, 2).Value = Myoperator Cells(wiersz, 3).Value = secondnumber Cells(wiersz, 4).Value = &quo...

Importing access db into sql
Hello, I am new to this. I am not sure to post here or sql so I am starting here first. I am hoping someone can tell me on how to best handle a current access db (2007) and import to lastest sql 2005. There is no current sql database except to run Moss2K7. Are there any known issues or is it not a good idea to import. Please help. The database is growing and I am afraid that it will slow down performance of access. Infopath forms are pulling data from access as well. "Kerri" <kerri@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OB9fp$AcIHA.1376@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

Pass Mark Performance Test 7.0 any good?
Has anyone any comments on the Pass Mark Performance test 7.0 for Windows 7? Intel Q8200, 6 GB RAM. To test overall system? ...

The trials of relocating both the SQL and the CRM frontend server (1.2)
Just thought I'd share a few of my recent experiences with the group. Past situation: CRM 1.2 installed on a server with SQL on the same system. Running on W2k server, in a native mode AD. this was running reasonably, but the server was at the end of its service contract and performance lagging, with the upcoming rollout of CRM for support as well as sales the active user base was about to double so we needed better performance. The plan was to move the db's to a dedicated SQL server and shift the front end to a new dual 2.8 xeon system (overkill but it does other roles too). so th...

I need to have another connection string then the one in machine.config
Hello! Suppose I need to have a different connectionstring that the one that exist in machine.config. What is the best practice to do this ? Two alternative. 1. Change in machine.config not so good I suppose. 2. Create a web.config where you made your modifications. I would guess that alternative 2 is the best one. One more question. Should the machine.config file never be changed ? //Tony On Jan 4, 9:17=A0pm, "Tony Johansson" <johansson.anders...@telia.com> wrote: > Hello! > > Suppose I need to have a different connectionstring that the on...

Great Plains should use Transaction Processing in SQL Server
This concerns Great Plains version 7.5 on MS SQL Server 2000 SP3. Day before yesterday a brief electric power outage occurred exactly while a user was posting a batch of invoices in PM. The database server and other network components were on UPS and did not fail in any way, but the workstation PC doing the posting was not on a UPS and it rebooted. This left the invoice batch in a sort of "half posted" state. In fact there was resulting damage in both the PM and GL areas of the database, because we have the system set up to post through in detail to GL. We first attempted...

Updating an MS-SQL 2K table directly from Excel 2K
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C3510B.D3F64C90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can any one suggest how I can populate a 2 column table in range = a2:b2000 to a 2 filed table in MS-SQL 2K? TIA, AlanN ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C3510B.D3F64C90 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type c...

using UDL to connect to Foxpro database
Hi all, It seems that microsoft is no longer supporting ODBC connection to Visual Foxpro 9. Instead, it is recommended to use OLE database provider. I have created the connection information to be used with the OLE driver (UDL file) but I can't find how to use it from within the pivot table "get data" wizard. I can only see the ODBC connections. Can anybody help? Thanks ...

SQL Excel Conversion
I am having trouble converting excel to SQL. The columns i am having trouble with are Text columns, but most of the data is dropped and only data that is alphanumeric is converted. I would like to know how to fix this. If i change the alphanumeric data to numeric, that is the only column converted, all the other numberic fields are null. On May 14, 10:45=A0am, NJ Excel <NJ Ex...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having trouble converting excel to SQL. =A0The columns i am having tr= ouble > with are Text columns, but most of the data is dropped and only data that = is...