Help with complex query 05-09-07

Hi all,

I've got a query that I'm not sure how to develop.

My tables:

Quotes - QuoteNo, RaisedBy, Customer
QuoteItems - RecordID, QuoteNo, PartNo, Lifecycle, Value

There's a one-to-many relationship between Quotes and QuoteItems, i.e. one
quote can have many items.

I need to run a query to show a list of quotes with totals from the
QuoteItems table i.e.

QuoteNo, RaisedBy, Customer, List of PartNos, List of Lifecycles, TotalValue

I haven't got a clue how to start this, I know it needs to be nested
queries, but the listing of parts and lifecycles is particularly stumping
me.

Any ideas?

Julia

0
Julia

protecting dpm with dpm 01-07-10
If you are protecting a DPM server with a DPM server, when you create a protection group and drill down into your primary DPM server....what should you choose for protection? If I select the C drive checkbox and system state is that enough? I noticed that even though C is selected, not all things under the DPM\Volumes\DiffArea or DPM\volumes\replica are selected. Seems like the checkboxes stop at dpm\volumes\diffarea\servername\file system. Do i need to select these as well? what happens if you enable secondary protection for client nodes. If the primary server fails, yo...

Help with Macro's
hello, I had recently received a macro that I was needing some help with. it seems to work on columns where there are formula's only. when i tried to modify it to work with FORMATS, it did work on columns with formula's, but would not paste FORMATS down on columns, "without' formula's. Is there a way to modify it so that it will? if ok as a different macro, since using separate macro's anyways... (for paste formula's, formats, all) not sure what the problem is.. thanks in advance macro works on columns where cells are filled with a formula only. ...

Need help converting date time to date only
I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in m attachment. I want to convert this column in to date only. Pleas help. Thanks Geng Attachment filename: sales - open orders test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without looking at your file you could use the following formula in a helper column =INT(A1) and format this cell as 'date' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in ...

Creating CRM Users 02-22-05
HI, Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters, the two names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh. These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is independent of this live version, with out any problems. Cheers Ben can you try add a user through the web interface to see if that works? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Ben Smallwood" <bsmallwo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:de61721b.0502220242.48137f63@posting.google.com... > HI, > Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters...

Workflow Manager 03-07-04
Built-in Administrator can't run Workflow Manager, What do I have to assign for permission to run Workflow Manager? -- Regards Christoffer Andersson No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup ...

PocketPC Outlook help
I am a new user to PocketPCs and I am trying to sync Inbox information from one computer to another. Is there a way to sync inbox information to another computer without having to delete partnerships or not having the inbox sync at all with another computer? Hi - Not sure what you mean by "from one computer to another" - do you mean you're trying to sync your PDA to more than one computer? Note that this can often cause problems and lost data. Probably best to post in m.p.pocketpc for more help.... Frank wrote: > I am a new user to PocketPCs and I am trying to sync &...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

Help with macro #5
The following macro puts the file names on the worksheet that has the command button. How can I put the file names on a different worksheet? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim FN As String ' For File Name Dim ThisRow As Long Dim FileLocation As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False FileLocation = "C:\Documents and Settings\nc1\Desktop\TAS forms\*.xls" FN = Dir(FileLocation) Do Until FN = "" ThisRow = ThisRow + 1 Cells(ThisRow, 1) = FN FN = Dir Loop End Sub ...

Total from a Query to a Form
Hello, I have several queries that have count totals from certain fields in a table. I would like to be able to insert those totals (just the numbers) on certain places in another form for a manager's summary view. How can I make this possible. Thanks in advance. On Sep 25, 8:34 am, Chris <chris.ho...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have several queries that have count totals from certain fields in a > table. I would like to be able to insert those totals (just the > numbers) on certain places in another form for a manager's summary > view. How can I ma...

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

Self Destructing Queries
Hi, I have an Excel spreadsheet into which I pull data from Access qurie using the "Get External Data -> New DB Query" option. I have severa worksheets each pulling data via it's own Excel Query. This works fin when setting it up - problem starts when i try and "Refresh Data sometimes the link is just gone, and there is no query anymore? Sometimes, the refresh option is there, I click it, it htinks, pulls i the latest data, and then just self destructs - i.e. the query is gone and you cannot refresh anymore. Only thing I know to do is to rebukl the whole query from Exce...

PLEASE HELP
Hi, In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes outlook to not respond and closes down. Please Help Me. Kara This is the obv. but have you try to repair OL, its under your help Item on your menu bar my 2 cents "Kara Johnson" wrote: > Hi, > In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes > outlook to not respond and closes down. > Please Help Me. ...

Nested query-based distribution groups?
We are currently trying to implement some query-based distribution groups. Is it possible to create one QBDG that has a couple of rules (for example all people with a certain job title) and then create another dynamic group that will start with all the users in the previous group (all people with a certain title) and further narrow it down with more rules? Basically does exchange 2003 allow for nested query-based groups? If so, how do you go about doing it? Thanks. Yes they can be nested. You would nest them just like you would nest any other group. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=82289...

updatable query 04-03-10
I just ran a query and MS Access shows it is un updatable query. I just wonder are there any query is updatable? If yes, are there any rules that for updatable query? Your information is great appreciated, inungh wrote: > I just ran a query and MS Access shows it is un updatable query. > > I just wonder are there any query is updatable? > If yes, are there any rules that for updatable query? > > There's a wealth of information about this in Access online help if you just type "updatable query" into the search box and look at the topic cal...

Run query or report from multiple tables
I have three tables: Equipment Instruments System Numbers Each record in the tables 'equipment' and 'instruments' has three lookup fields that link to fields to the 'system numbers' table.' How can I create a query or report that lists all records contained within the equipment and instruments tables that are linked to the system numbers table? On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:20:01 -0800, Sim <Sim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three tables: > >Equipment >Instruments >System Numbers > >Each record in the tables 'equipment'...

Adding data in Queries
I am at loss. I created a query from 2 tables. Tables have some common field names. I joined the date field and a BlockT field. I have entered some criteria to limit the data dispaly for one date and now I cannot update the data. Why not? These tables are propagated by 2 uppend queries and have a unique field to prevent duplicate records [Date]&[ID]&[StartTime]&[BlockT] These are not the fields that I want to enter data. Thanks in advance for any help. Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 see if ...

Guys i need your help
I dont seem to find the way how i can do this report which i really need . I need to have a report that can print only 3 records , this i was able to achieve but the issue is that i need the report to be able to print either 3 consecutive records where i specify the first record and the others be consecutive or else ( this i also need) be able to chose the 3 different records . Guys i hope i gave a good explanation Thank you -- Access For Fun See if this example helps: http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=48&Number=1028860&Zf=f48&Zw=batch&...

Workday function query
Hi there. I'm trying to find a way of forcing the output of a formula to be a workday. i.e. If the outcome of the formula is a Saturday or Sunday, to deliver the prior Friday's date I know I could add an IF statement, but the formula is messy enough as it is, and I'd rather not confuse the poor souls who will inherit the spreadsheet from me. Many thanks Hi The following will add -1 day and -2 days respectively, to the date derived from your calculation =your_calc+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(your_calc,2),0,0,0,0,0,-1,-2) -- Regards Roger Govier <MrIainMacleod@gmail.com> wrote in m...

help...on changing the system administrator role.
The system throw me an error for system admin role when i click save. the rest of the roles, i can save. why ?? the trace stack is as below : [COMException (0x8004140b): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004140B.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizSecRoleClass.ReplacePrivileges(CUserAuth& Caller, String RoleId, UInt32 Count, CRolePrivilege[] Privileges) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Role.UpdatePrivileges(String roleId, String privilegeXml, Int32 mode) +387 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Role.InternalUpdateAndRetrieve(String id, String xml, String columnSet) +170 Mi...

Different counts on same query
Good afternoon, I need help on finding out how to run three different counts on one query. I have a table set up to show Date Within this query I have the following fields: Date | Method | AgedDays ... taken from TotalInventoryTable my goal is to say the following in one query. Date Method CountofAge CountofAge>30 CountofAge>60 Date Calls ## ## ## Date Corr ## ## ## etc. etc. All on one query... Is this possible. Thank you everyone. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://w...

help of setting the distance between 2 markers
Hi, In the chart of excel, there is one type called line with markers displayed at each data value. Because my data values are lots, in my chart, markers are close to each other even overlapped. I don't want this. So I want to know if Excel has the function that can set the position of markers. For example, I want to put markers at 100th data value, 200th data value, 300th data value and so on. Ye This code sets a marker at every 100th point of your first series: Sub SetMarkerDistance() Dim mychart As Chart Set mychart = Application.Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjec...

Query on Group field in Pivot Table
I have a large database wherein under Date column, data is in the format "Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". When I use Pivot Table Under OPTIONS->GROUP-> Group Field is disabled. I used this to group Date field to either present data by Month, quarter at one click. Can anybody guide me why this seems to be disabled here. I want to present my data only by Monthwithout changing the format ""Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". Thanks Hi Shewta Check you Data Source of your Pivot. it should come up like "Sheet6!$G$1:$I$821" and not like "'\Documents and...

Please help with Form
I have a database that I copied for another user. However, the other user's database main form which consists of main form and subform in datasheet view. As the user scrolls through records, there are duplicates. I have checked the table and the records are only listed once. Not all records are displayed twice or three times, as you scroll through there are records that just show once but duplicates will display at random. What would cause this? Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:29:01 -0800, TotallyConfused <T...

Trouble with a union Query
Below is a union query which gathers up shipment and returns to give data representing quality (total returned/total shipped). The query works fine without the WHERE statement for all customers. But I want to filter it out for a specific Account Manager's customer's only. I tried the WHERE statement below, but it doesn't work. WHERE (((qryQualityRGA.AcctmgrID)=getmyvariable())); Interesting to me is using that last statement brings up a parameter box asking for the value of qryQualityRGA.AcctmgrID???? SELECT qryQualityRGA.plant, qryQualityRGA.AcctmgrID, qryQualityRGA.Tr...

Macro to import external data from Access query to Excel
I have tried to post this a couple times, but don't see it after I post it... so if it out here three times, I am sorry! I am trying to write code that will allow me to pull in information for different areas depending on the file that I am creating. For example, I will create a file for US006 and want the external information for US006 and then create a file for US007 and want the information for US007. I created the code below. The fourth line from the bottom references US006. I would like that to be a variable dependent on the file I am creating. I cannot seem to g...