Grouping reports and subreports

I am trying to generate a report that is built on four separate
reports based on two tables. I would like to run the report so it
groups everything into one report based on Class Names.

Report 1:  class name, professor, exam time, room
Report 2: same as above plus four other unique fields
Report 3: same as above plus 2 other unique fields
Report 4: same as above plus 6 other unique fields

As of now, when I add them as subreports, the data is correct but
instead of grouping by class name it is multiplying the results
infinitely. Any insight on what I may have done wrong would be great.
0
OlyOil

Base the parent report on a query which returns one row per class name, e.g.

SELECT ClassName
FROM Classes;

Link each subreport to the parent report by setting the subreport controls'
LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields  properties to ClassName.  The four
subreports will then run once per class name and be restricted to the parent
report's current class name each time.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

OlyOil wrote:
>I am trying to generate a report that is built on four separate
>reports based on two tables. I would like to run the report so it
>groups everything into one report based on Class Names.
>
>Report 1:  class name, professor, exam time, room
>Report 2: same as above plus four other unique fields
>Report 3: same as above plus 2 other unique fields
>Report 4: same as above plus 6 other unique fields
>
>As of now, when I add them as subreports, the data is correct but
>instead of grouping by class name it is multiplying the results
>infinitely. Any insight on what I may have done wrong would be great.

KenSheridan

Problem with new Report
I have a new crystal report but I need to see in Headquarters Manager Reports. In the Headquarters Manager menu Utilities > Crystal Report, When I select the new report, the system display a screen "Crystal Reports File" but I cannot see my report criteria because I don't have *.def file. If I press Generate Button, the system send a error and close Headquarters Manager. Somebody help with this? How create I "*.def" file"? What version was the report created in? RMS only supports up to version 8.5. "Joaquín" wrote: > I have a new crys...

using discussion group
Is there other information, then "help", on how to generally use the discussion group? The problem is I searched and found my posted message last week, but it seems to have vanished now and I do not see a place to review my posted messages. thanks for the help AN user wrote: > Is there other information, then "help", on how to generally use the > discussion group? > The problem is I searched and found my posted message last week, but > it seems to have vanished now and I do not see a place to review my > posted messages. > thanks for the help My advi...

Set the Source of the Report at Runtime
Hi I wonder how can I set the source of the report at runtime so when I call the report the correct query will be called Thank you, Samuel Samuel wrote: > Hi > > I wonder how can I set the source of the report at runtime so when I > call the report the correct query will be called That would usually be done in the Open event of the report. That code would examine *something* and from that decide what the RecordSource should be. The something could be controls on an open form, a global variable, values in a table, etc.. The key line of code would be... Me.RecordSource...

'Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A)
Please help with the following error when my Outlook sends and receives email. Is there something I can do to eliminate this error? Thank you! Task 'Cari - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' ...

Dividends report
Using Money 2004, how do I get a report on dividends I received from each of my mutual funds? Steve In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >Using Money 2004, how do I get a report on dividends I received from >each of my mutual funds? It depends on the fund family. Start by trying to set up the account for online access. Start with Accounts&Bills->AccountSetup->SetUpOnlineServices in case download is available. Cal, My investment accounts are set up for online access and I could look through the registers to determine dividends received. I was wondering if there is a...

Exchange 2003 reporting
What reporting tools are available for Exchange 2003? We used to use Crystal Reports to access our old 5.5. server to get reports on mailboxes sizes, but we can't get that report to work with the 2003 server. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any tools? Thanks! Promodag and NetIQ are two. Promodag is much less expensive. "Sumner Paine" <sumnerp@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2qs05jF12ettaU1@uni-berlin.de... > What reporting tools are available for Exchange 2003? We used to use > Crystal Reports to access our old 5.5. server to get reports on > m...

SRS Report automatic update data?
the report make in Visual Studio.NET for CRM, automatic updated data??? or have a property?? And how i add my report to reports menu in the opportunity form? Thanks. ...

Daily Market Report for Nifty: Tuesday (Oct 6, 2009): The Afternoon Newspaper
Daily Market Report for Nifty: Tuesday (Oct 6, 2009): The Afternoon Newspaper NSE India : S&P CNX Nifty (Based on the activity of the previous trading day) By Dominic Rebello Review of the Previous day: The Nifty fell substantially on Monday (October 05, 2009) a net 80.20 points (1.58%) and closed at 5003 point level. The market opened down with a gap and continued so throughout the day until closing near the day low. The market moved in a range of 84 points. Sentiment was bearish and amongst the 50 Nifty stocks, 11 were gainers and 39 were losers. Barring FMCG, all the sectoral indic...

difference between plan a meeting and group schedule?
Hi - I would like to plan a meeting using the meeting facility (2007) but am very confused! (new to Outlook). What is the difference please between 'plan a meeting' and 'group schedule'? In both I seem to be able to see the diary of everyone I want to attend and whether they are free/busy. Does the 'schedule assistant' work out for me when everyone is free on the date I propose? Do I then need to invite everyone via email or will the schedule assistant put the meeting automatically in everyones diary if they are free? Many thanks for any help - I could just do wi...

Opening Report Closes Database
I have a report with a subreport that closes the database every time I try to Preview it or open it in Design View. The subreport will also do this if I try to open it independently. The queries work fine. The report wasn't doing this for the last couple of days, then this morning it started doing it if the window was maximized. If I clicked to restore the view to a smaller size and then closed the report this didn't happen. Now it happens every time. I have tried to compact and repair with no luck. Is there anything I can do besides recreate these? Thanks in adva...

Financial Statements as My Reports on Home Page
We recently upgraded to GP 9.0 and I would like to add some financial statements written with Advanced Financial to "My Reports" section. I have security clearance for everything in GP but none of the financial statements appear in my report list when I veiw all reports or financial reports. Am I doing something incorrectly? How can I add financial staterments to the "My Reports" section of my GP 9.0 home page? Thanks for your help. I don't believe the functionality works for AFA. "Don Johnson" wrote: > We recently upgraded to GP 9.0 and I would li...

Restoring to Recovery Storage Group with Arcserve
Does anyone here have experience restoring to the Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Group using the Arcserve Exchange Agent? None of our consultants have experience with Arcserve, and there doesn't appear to be a way to tell the agent which storage group to restore the database to. CA says the agent is smart enough to restore to the recovery storage group, but I'd rather not take their word for it and screw up my production database. Thanks, Joe haven't used ArcServe, but I use Tivoli...when there is a recovery storage group configured on the server I'm performing a restore ...

Mixing Query Based Distribution groups with a Universal Group
Ran into a small problem. I have several distribution groups based on the names of departments. Sort of like; All IT/Hosting Dept All Service Desk Dept All Hosting Dept I built each of these wth queries like Field Department - Is Exactly "IT/Hosting", etc. I would like to have this groups all in a separate, manually maintained distribution group like; IT. The purpose is that while the above Query-Based distribution groups cover most of the people on our IT group, there are others who would like their names to be included in this group, but they belong in a different departm...

Reports 03-19-08
Good afternoon I want to create in Access 2003 a report that will have MTD data on the left and YTD data on the right side. Example: Cust ID Customer Name March 2008 January-March 2008 1234 Kim $125.00 $250.00 3456 Bill $50.00 $130.00 I would like to create a lot of reports with the following problems. ?? Do I create two queries, one for MTD, one for YTD Do I create a report with sub report? Any help would be greatly appreciated Kim Movesian Can you show us your table layout, please? It would help decide where and how to do this. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Acces...

How do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook Express?
Gurus, How do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook Express? You know, how each additional message comes in beneath and just a little to the right of the message immediately above it? -- Spin Use F1 help and type "group by conversation." --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Spin asked: | Gurus, |=20 | How do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook | Express?...

Customer List Report
Is there any way to add to customer address to this report. hi Justin, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\Reports and open the Customer - Customer List.grp file remember this file is default read only so set the property to write also. Open this in notepad and the go below add the following: Begin Column FieldName = "Customer.Address" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" Title = "Address" VBDataType = vbString Formula = "" ColHidden = False ColNotDisplayable = Fa...

Cash Flow Reports
Not exactly sure how to word this, but I am trying to determine how Project assigns the time period to its Cash Flow reports. If you have an activity that starts Feb 10, 2010 and finish April 11, 2010 which monthly (or weekly) time bucket is the cost reported in? February or April? Week 6 or Week 15? Thanks, Ray -- Unless you changed the default Accrue At value for the resources assigned to the task, the system applies the Cost to the task evenly over the Duration of the task. You can see this in the Task Usage view with the Cost details applied in the timephased gri...

Problem with report
I tried to ask this on the reports area but got zero response. Is this to easy or is there no answer? I have tried everything to eliminate the problem but nothing seems to work. It now does not work in Access 2003 either. Interesting, it has work at client site for three years or more until they installed Access 2007. ANY ideas??? I have a report that I created with Access 2003 that is 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. It worked great in Access 2003, but in Access 2007 it prints the 1st page ok (info centered where I want it), but prints the info on the 2nd page moved to the top of the page (almost l...

FILENAME [GROUP]
How can I remove the word [group] or [grupo]because i can not make subtotals!!! Can you help me? Right click any sheet tab and select ungroup Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Roberto" wrote: > How can I remove the word [group] or [grupo]because i can not make > subtotals!!! Can you help me? > When in [group] mode whatever you do to one sheet will be done to all. Depending upon how long you have been in [group] mode, it might be wise to check all sheets which were grouped. You could have done some damage if you were not aware of the grouped sheets behaviour. Gord Dibben Ex...

reports not opening in Multiuser MsAccess2003
I have 3 tables, and I split them to a central PC , so the users are using only the front end via MDE. These tables are being updated from the end-user using a form that logs them in and then update their daily tasks (what they achieved every day) For me as administrator I have a problem in opening the Reports, if the users are working at the same time, i cannot open the reports it gives me the following message: "The database engine could not lock table 'LoginTable" because it si already in use by another person or process." The reports would never work unl...

Option Groups Shading
Hi, I am using Access 2003 and have had problems seeing which tab button is pressed in an option group. The shading is such that it is very difficult to tell the difference between the button pressed and the button that is not pressed -- they are both shades of gray. I did not have this problem when using previous versions of Access. I have had users complain and have tried to play around with the shading, but Access doesn't seem to give that much control over it. Is there any way to change the color of tab buttons from the default gray or to make the text on a chosen tab button appea...

machine local group access rights
Hi all; I have a question regarding the access rights of machine local groups. Actually, I searched on the net for a long time, but could not find any relevant questions or answers. 1) I would like to add domain users to a local group on a remote machine (owned by somebody else). In order to do this, what kind of rights do I need to have on that machine? Do I need to be an administrator, or is it possible to define rights only on that local group basis? 2) Is it possible to restrict the visibility of a local group and its contents (member users) only to a subset of domain use...

Reports - Customization - Add new Columns
I have a few questions regarding customizing the active reports. For example, in detailed sales report, we want to add columns like Average Selling Price (ASP), Average Units Sold/Transaction etc. How do we go about it? What needs to be done? Any documentation available? Regards. ...

Show in Groups option
I like to store my saved messages using the above option. By using this (View / Arrange By / From) I can quickly refer to an e-mail without having to search back through dozens of others filed chronologically. The problem I have is that Outlook seems to store the messages under several different headings. For instance, a message from John Smith can appear under any of: John Smith Smith, John 'John Smith' This is compunded when the same individual has more than one e-mail address - this can double the number of options. Is there any way around this? Thanks. Names do vary...

Errors with Distribution Group Wizard and link to Public Folder Ar
I'm having a problem with setting up a Distribution Group with the Public Folder. My objective is to create a number of Distribution Groups that will archive the e-mail to them to a public folder. The DG and PF are both being created, but the link between the two is not. My objective is to use the PF as the store where a team will go to view general e-mail addresses that are being sent (webmaster@mycompany.com, for example). I am using the Add Distribution Group Wizard (ADGW, Server Management\Standard Management\Distribution Groups\Add a Distribution Group) to add the DG. I am...