Getting total sales by customer

Hi,

I need to find the total sales for a customer, I have tried the Group by
function but it just groups the company name in ascending order.  My fields
are: Client_Name, Rep, InvoicePeriod, InvoiceYear, Total
I will also need to group by Invoice Period in relevant year.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte

You can't group by customer since you don't list a customer field.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

"Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to find the total sales for a customer, I have tried the Group by
> function but it just groups the company name in ascending order.  My
> fields
> are: Client_Name, Rep, InvoicePeriod, InvoiceYear, Total
> I will also need to group by Invoice Period in relevant year.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Charlotte

0
Duane
3/11/2010 9:39:31 PM
Hi Charlie,

I think you want to Group by Client_Name, InvoiceYear and InvoicePeriod and
then
sum your Total.

Regards

Kevin

"Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to find the total sales for a customer, I have tried the Group by
> function but it just groups the company name in ascending order.  My
> fields
> are: Client_Name, Rep, InvoicePeriod, InvoiceYear, Total
> I will also need to group by Invoice Period in relevant year.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Charlotte

0
kc
3/12/2010 3:35:50 AM
Thank you for coming back to me, I am running Access 2002 at work and it
just was not doing it, however running the query at home on a 2007 version
gave me the exact results I was looking for.

Charlotte

"kc-mass" wrote:

> Hi Charlie,
>
> I think you want to Group by Client_Name, InvoiceYear and InvoicePeriod and
> then
> sum your Total.
>
> Regards
>
> Kevin
>

> "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to find the total sales for a customer, I have tried the Group by
> > function but it just groups the company name in ascending order.  My
> > fields
> > are: Client_Name, Rep, InvoicePeriod, InvoiceYear, Total
> > I will also need to group by Invoice Period in relevant year.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated,
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Charlotte
>

> .

How do page numbers get printed in a booklet?
When I print out my 4"x5.5" booklet, the top pages print the page numbers, but the bottom ones do not have page numbers. I have my layout set to all zero margins in Word Pad and under Arrange Page Layout in Microsoft Publisher 2003. Help! Can your printer print to the edge? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Betty" <Betty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52CB13F8-CEB6-4ED1-98AE-C51FCBC98863@microsoft.com... > When I print out my 4"x5.5" booklet, the top pages p...

reset sale pricing
Have the ability to remove sale pricing using a headquarters worksheet. ie. revert back to regular pricing. This worksheet would turn off the "on sale" indicator and remove sale dates, and set sale price to 0 or null. It should also reset any sales schedule specified. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

getting data from a text file
i have an access 2003 database. i have a text file which has loads of instances of the below text. i want to be able to this data into a table so for every instance of the word 'description', plance the description text into the description field. Any help would be great... many thanks... USER_ALARM NAME="_OAR ALARM" user="PCSD_TEAM" time=1177594986/* "26-Apr-2007 14:43:06" */ { DESCRIPTION="Operator Action Request" ALARM_WORD="OAR" MESSAGE="%P1 %P2" CATEGORY="PROCESS" SUMMARY_NO=7 DEFAU...

How do I get the money sighn $ on my sums in Excel?
I can do sums in the cells but I want to show the cash value and although it adds I wont do it with money sighn $. hi format as currency' right click the cell. from the popup, click format cells on the number tab, in catagory box, click currency. regards FSt1 "Mel5612" wrote: > I can do sums in the cells but I want to show the cash value and although it > adds I wont do it with money sighn $. Go to the required cell; click the currency tool on the toolbar in Excel 2003; in Excel 2007 it it on the Home tab best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsof...

Get the max value of a column given the current date (this is hard!!!) #2
It's nice that it was able to recognize its reason code and its ma value for the date located at B2, but what if the date at a1 wa changed, let's say the value of a1 is 11/2/04? How can it locate the column of the current date located at a1? an find its max value and its reason code? the value of a1 is the current date. I hope that you can still help me with this one, thanks! Grac -- Shadow_Otix ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shadow_Otixz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1597 View this thread: ...

2005 Custom home page name
Anyone clue me in on how to change the default "My Money" home page name? Thanks No way - another "enhancement" in 05............ -- Michael Gordon MVP "Software User" <kimwinger@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:SjFud.12846$K02.9997@fe04.lga... > Anyone clue me in on how to change the default "My Money" home page name? > > Thanks > ...

How do I get my 3-D shapes
I try to pull up my 3-D shapes but the menue is blank and I can not pick anything. How do I get these to appear? First, draw a shape with one of the other drawing tools, e.g. a rectangle. Select the shape, then open the 3-D menu, and select a style. rjw wrote: > I try to pull up my 3-D shapes but the menue is blank and I can not pick > anything. How do I get these to appear? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html rjw Answered in public.excel.misc Please do not multi-post. The same people look at all the news groups. Multi-...

How to get Manufacturer on the Item card?
How can we get manufacturer on the Item Card? J Gill You can use one of the six user defined categories. Go To Tools >> Setup >> Inventory >> Inventory Control to setup and then it is available from the Inventory Maintenance Options window. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Micorosoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily...

Custom sort list question
I have a table with the following columns: Vendor, Component, Purchase Date, Price. All entries in the Component column are in one of the following five groups: "Processor", "Memory", "Video Card", "Hard Drive", and "Power Supply". What I'd like to do is be able to sort the table by Vendor first, then by Component, but in the following order for Components: "Processor", "Memory", "Hard Drive", "Video Card", and then "Power Supply". Obviously that list is not in alphabetical order. Is i...

Changes not getting saved to data source
Hi. I'm kinda new with ADO .NET. I'm having trouble saving edit and delete changes back to the data source. Adding new record is fine. Only edits and deletes don't work. Here's my code: Dim r As DataSet1.PeopleRow OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11) r = DataSet11.People.Rows(0) r.Name = "Kevin" r.AcceptChanges() Dim ret As Integer = OleDbDataAdapter1.Update(DataSet11) My DataAdapter and Dataset are strongly typed and they were created through VS 2008 data wizard. By the way, I'm using an MS A...

To get a lot of charts that contain different values in a minute
To create hundreds of charts in one minute! thousands of in several minutes! Just need a chart in worksheet, you can produce ten charts by using ten rows of data, and produce a thousand of charts by using a thousand of rows! every one of them corresponds to the content of a certain cell, row, column or a certain range. Please visit http://www.addintools.com and trial it. ...

Settings & Customization pane
Hi, I'm working on CRM 3.0 and I was trying to use Outlook client when I got an error message, so I closed Outlook and turned on CRM but I lost Settings & Customization pane. I'm looking for the functionality from the "Go To" menu but it doesn't work. I'm working with administrator account. Does anybody know what the prloblem is? Thank's in advance Alessandra The outlook client places a cookie on your machine that causes these options to disappear (don't ask, it's a "feature"). If Outlook iddn't close down normally, the cookie...

Exchange not getting mail from webform.
This should be a fun one. I have 2 servers, a SBS 2003 standard and a Debian web server on "my" internal network. I have a php web form that is a contacts page for the external site. So, if you go to www.client.com/contact_us.php you are routed inside the firewall to the Debian box. From there you fill out the form and click submit. At this point everything should work fine. I have created a zone internally for client.com so that they can get to thier website from the inside and mac laptop users can use entourage when in the office. If the recipiant of the webform is user@c...

Sales entry screen
Why get rid of the different "buttons" for the different actions that might need to be done and put in a single ACTION key. It is not like the space was used for anything else and it removed all the clues to possibilities to users who stand in for others when they are on vacation, sick, etc.... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the...

Help: Url's in message body get changed
When I type in www.technoscribe.net into a message using Outlook 2002, the url is changed during the send by Outlook to: HYPERLINK "http://www.technoscribe.net"www.technoscribe.net and those receiving my message can't open the url because it is screwed up by Outlook. Suggestions? ...

how do i keep a running total for contributions to several funds
am working on a simple way to keep track, a running total, of church member contributions to several funds... thanks JPC Without seeing the data it is hard, but let's say the amounts are in column A. In B2, add =$A$2:A2 and then copy down by each amount -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JPC100" <JPC100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB24D003-33F9-4CC7-8FB1-EA52611DD8DD@microsoft.com... > am working on a simple way to keep track, a running total, of church member > contributions to several funds... thanks ...

Totally black error message?
When I use the Find message function to find messages with particular words in the Subject: line, I sometimes get an error message that is solid black except for the OK box at the lower right corner. Any idea what the error message should say? If I click the OK box, the results of the search are shown - always 0 items found, even if I know there are some items which should have been found. Robert Miles ...

Get the html source code from IWebBrowser2
Hello I want to get the full html source code from the IWebBrowser2 control. I tried this code, but it only return the html code in the body tag. CComQIPtr<MSHTML::IHTMLDocument2> pDoc=pDisp; MSHTML::IHTMLElementPtr pElement; pDoc->get_body(&pElement); CComBSTR bstra; pElement->get_outerHTML(&bstra); thanks in advance I think you need to use get_all instead of get_body. That will give you a collection of all elements in the document. --- Ajay ...

can't get rid of white border
hi all. I added a background color to my page (publisher 2003), and in the normal view, it fills the page with no border but when i print preview or print, it prints with a white border. How do i get rid of this ???? Your printer probably does not support bleeds. "RB" <RB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:889462CB-D514-4C7E-8306-E3881FAD928A@microsoft.com... > hi all. I added a background color to my page (publisher 2003), and in = the=20 > normal view, it fills the page with no border but when i print preview = or=20 > print, it prints with a whi...

Money 2005
Just installed Money 2005 on my new PC but it won't go online and download it's updates. I get a pop-up telling me updates are available and asking if I want to download them. I click Yes and get a box that says Please wait while we prepare to download. Then it just sits there and does nothing at all. I have no internet activity or anything. If I click No and open the program, I can do the ONline Updates for stocks and such just fine, I just can't get the actual program update. Is this available somewhere I can download it manually or anything like that? Or any suggest...

Transfer Library AND Playlists, Customization etc.
I have a huge mp3 library which I now wish to transfer to another PC. Transferring the music is the easy part. I have spent 3 years updating and customizing and entering personalization information for each song within my media library (including customized field name information i.e. Custom1 Field, Moods Field, etc.) When I transfer the music (even after running the feature "Apply Media Information Changes" in the Tools Option) I seem to lose field additions (especially those not normally capured within an ID Tag) and all of the entries that I have made within those...

Customer Address in Lookup Window
Please add the customer street address to the customer lookup window. This is more useful than the Company field for most retailers. Or make the grid configurable so the retailer can select the fields and field order. Default sorting options would be helpful also such as having the list sort default to last name and then first name. Depending on your business, Company might be more useful than Address. I would love to see a configurable Customer lookup screen, and the same for Items. I think basically the rule you are after is one whereby you get to chose the fields you need on the...

Earnings History getting updated during pay code maint.
Hi... We are on Great Plains 7.5 on SQL. We use GP purely for Payroll purpose, and we never installed or used the HR module available with it. We have a customized software named TCB which keeps track of employee information including pay code change. TCB has a database of its own. TCB for a small portion, talks to Great Plains database in a sense, if a pay code change is done in TCB it will reflect the changes in Great Plains database as well. Lately, we installed and started using the HR module of Great Plains, but we also use TCB as it is much more customized for our company. The i...

SSRS 2008 and Custom URL
I just configured reporting 2008 with default url (http://myserver:80/reportserver_MyInstance) and it work fine. when i want to change these url (using Reporting service configuration) i receive no error but it doesn't work. I try to access reportmanager using (http://mynewurl/reports_MyInstance) and always receive a login prompt. Anyone can help me ? ...

show navigation pane in customize quick access toolbar
i know how to hide the "Display Navigation Pane", but i would like to have some kind of command on the "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" that i can click and can open the Navigation Pane. thanks. ...