Getting duplicate records, can't figure out why!

I'm creating a database to track inventory movements for reserve calculation
purposes.  I start out with two tables, Inv Mov and Inv Bal.

From Inv Mov, I create a Query "Initial Movements" as a filter.  When I run
this query, all looks good.

I create a new query, "Transaction Summary" that joins fields "P/N" from
table "Inv Bal" and Query "Initial Movements".

When I run this second query, every record is duplicated.  I can't figure
out why, and I'm trying to eliminate this.  Here's the SQL:

SELECT [Inv Bal Eco].[P/N], [Inv Bal Eco].[Total Qty], [Initial Movements
into Stock - Eco].[Tran Type], [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[Tran
Qty], [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[Tran Date], [Initial Movements
into Stock - Eco].[Fr Inv], [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[To Inv]
FROM [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco] INNER JOIN [Inv Bal Eco] ON
[Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[P/N] = [Inv Bal Eco].[P/N]
WHERE ((([Inv Bal Eco].[Total Qty])>=0));

I have tried creating a new query from scratch just to try to eliminate
possible causes.  Simply creating a select query from "Initial Movements" and
"Inv Bal" causes every record to be duplicate, regardless of what fields I
display or what criteria I enter.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance!!

"Leo" <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm creating a database to track inventory movements for reserve
calculation
> purposes.  I start out with two tables, Inv Mov and Inv Bal.
>
> From Inv Mov, I create a Query "Initial Movements" as a filter.
When I run
> this query, all looks good.
>
> I create a new query, "Transaction Summary" that joins fields "P/N"
from
> table "Inv Bal" and Query "Initial Movements".
>
> When I run this second query, every record is duplicated.  I can't
figure
> out why, and I'm trying to eliminate this.  Here's the SQL:
>
> SELECT [Inv Bal Eco].[P/N], [Inv Bal Eco].[Total Qty], [Initial
Movements
> into Stock - Eco].[Tran Type], [Initial Movements into Stock -
Eco].[Tran
> Qty], [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[Tran Date], [Initial
Movements
> into Stock - Eco].[Fr Inv], [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[To
Inv]
> FROM [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco] INNER JOIN [Inv Bal Eco]
ON
> [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[P/N] = [Inv Bal Eco].[P/N]
> WHERE ((([Inv Bal Eco].[Total Qty])>=0));
>
> I have tried creating a new query from scratch just to try to
eliminate
> possible causes.  Simply creating a select query from "Initial
Movements" and
> "Inv Bal" causes every record to be duplicate, regardless of what
fields I
> display or what criteria I enter.
>
> Please Help!
>
> Thanks in advance!!

Leo,

Here's your query straightened up.

SELECT [Inv Bal Eco].[P/N]
      ,[Inv Bal Eco].[Total Qty]
      ,[Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[Tran Type]
      ,[Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[Tran Qty]
      ,[Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[Tran Date]
      ,[Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[Fr Inv]
      ,[Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[To Inv]
  FROM [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco]
       INNER JOIN [Inv Bal Eco]
    ON [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco].[P/N] = [Inv Bal
Eco].[P/N]
 WHERE ((([Inv Bal Eco].[Total Qty])>=0));

There is nothing obvious to me in this query.  INNER JOINs using "ON A
= B" don't usually generate duplicate records.

My basic guess would be that there are duplicate records in the source
tables, but without your table schemas and sample data to review, it's
hard to know.

What is the SQL for the [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco] query?

Sincerely,

Chris O.

0
Chris2
6/8/2007 1:57:54 AM
Chris,

Sample Data looks like this for [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco]:

P/N	            Tran Type	Tran Qty	Tran Date	Fr Inv	To Inv
0001-011-0008	PORC	100	07-May-07		SP
0001-011-0008	PORC	100	22-May-07		SP
0001-022-0006	PORC	100	13-Mar-07		SP

Sample Data for [Inv Bal Eco]:

P/N		Total Qty	Value
0001-011-0008	180	11.538
0001-022-0006          94             2.8294

Sample Data from [Transaction Summary Eco]

P/N	            Total Qty	Tran Type	Tran Qty	Tran Date	Fr Inv	ToInv
0001-011-0008	180	PORC	100	07-May-07		SP
0001-011-0008	180	PORC	100	07-May-07		SP
0001-011-0008	180	PORC	100	22-May-07		SP
0001-011-0008	180	PORC	100	22-May-07		SP
0001-022-0006	94	PORC	100	13-Mar-07		SP
0001-022-0006	94	PORC	100	13-Mar-07		SP

Here's the SQL for the [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco] Query:

SELECT [Inv Mov Eco].[P/N],
[Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Type],
[Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Qty],
[Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Date],
[Inv Mov Eco].[Fr Inv],
[Inv Mov Eco].[To Inv]
FROM [Inv Mov Eco]
WHERE ((([Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Type])="PORC"
 Or ([Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Type])=" G-I"
 Or ([Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Type])=" PIA"
 Or ([Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Type])=" RMA"
 Or ([Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Type])="WORC"
 Or ([Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Type])="WORT")
 AND (([Inv Mov Eco].[Fr Inv]) Is Null)
 AND (([Inv Mov Eco].[To Inv])<>""
 And ([Inv Mov Eco].[To Inv])<>"WP"
 And ([Inv Mov Eco].[To Inv])<>"WS"
 And ([Inv Mov Eco].[To Inv])<>"WX"
 And ([Inv Mov Eco].[To Inv])<>"WD"));

> [...]
>
> Sample Data for [Inv Bal Eco]:
>
> P/N Total Qty Value
> 0001-011-0008 180 11.538
> 0001-022-0006          94             2.8294
>
> Sample Data from [Transaction Summary Eco]
>
> P/N             Total Qty Tran Type Tran Qty Tran Date Fr Inv ToInv
> 0001-011-0008 180 PORC 100 07-May-07 SP
> 0001-011-0008 180 PORC 100 07-May-07 SP
> 0001-011-0008 180 PORC 100 22-May-07 SP
> 0001-011-0008 180 PORC 100 22-May-07 SP
> 0001-022-0006 94 PORC 100 13-Mar-07 SP
> 0001-022-0006 94 PORC 100 13-Mar-07 SP
>
> Here's the SQL for the [Initial Movements into Stock - Eco] Query:
>
> SELECT [Inv Mov Eco].[P/N],
> [Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Type],
> [Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Qty],
> [Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Date],
> [Inv Mov Eco].[Fr Inv],
> [Inv Mov Eco].[To Inv]
> FROM [Inv Mov Eco]
> WHERE ((([Inv Mov Eco].[Tran Type])="PORC"

Leo,

We're getting closer.

You've shown me the output of the query, [Initial Movements into
Stock - Eco], and its SQL.  This latest query also doesn't appear to
show any indication that it would cause duplication.

I also have output and SQL for the query [Transaction Summary Eco].

Now I just need to know the sample data from the tables, so I can
recreate them, and I'll be able to try and duplicate your situation by
running the queries myself.

Since I haven't seen the data from the tables, I'm still assuming that
there are duplicate rows in them.

Sincerely,

Chris O.

0
Chris2

duplicate entries in To field
I am experiencing a problem when I create new mail messages. Whenever I chose a contact from the global address list Outlook creates a duplicate entry in the "To:" field. Is there a setting that I have checked off or need to check off? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. ...

A Get/Change operation on table SY_Company_MSTR cannot find the ta
I beleive this is also related to intermittent errors I am getting with a remove operation on SY_Security_Normal_MSTR. I attempted to log out of GP and I get the SY_Company message followed by :[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'SY01500' This is also an intermittent problem. Excerp from the DEXSQL.LOG follow: /* Date: 11/15/2008 Time: 21:09:00 stmt(19877912):*/ EXEC BGH.dbo.zDP_ReportScheduleSS_2 'Aged Trial Balance w/ Options', 2, 0, 'RETAIL DEBTORS' /* Date: 11/15/2008 Time: 22:03:38 stmt(19937736):*/ EXEC ..zDP_SY01500...

viewed records from a business unit
We have created a number of business units and set the security roles so users can Read only records from their own business unit. We have 3-users from 1-business unit that are all seeing a different number of records even though they all have read access to records from their business unit. 1 of these users even sees records from the organisational unit when they are not a member of that unit and do not have any access to that unit in there security role. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Brett ------=_NextPart_0001_50547160 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi...

duplicate Admin mailboxes
had to restore several users mailboxes, while that was done, I was going to attempt to restore the public folders when I noticed that I have 2 administrator mailboxes when I go into outlook. I have been in ESM, ran cleanup agent, did not find any duplicate accounts. do not have 2 accounts. this is one win2003 DC / exchange 2003. any ideas ? If you only have one account in ESM and 2 in Outlook, I'd say that's a profile problem. Bin the Outlook profile and recreate. <fxkeough@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1141886201.798471.57420@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > h...

Get a list of subscribers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CA9DD1.1C1E3D70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Is there a way to get a list of subscribers by querying the publisher? = I'm not able to redirect the out put of sp_helpsubscriberinfo SP to a = temp table! As an alternative I can do it with by running this query against = distribution database select * from distribution.dbo.MSsubscriber_info But in our prod environement distribution database is hosted on separate = servers a...

How do I get endnotes material into the index?
I just realized that none of the items marked for the index in the pages and pages of endnotes is being included in the generated index. Can I get the endnote material into the index, or will it only put references that are marked within the main body of the text? -- Terri Hello Terri Terri N wrote: > I just realized that none of the items marked for the index in the pages and > pages of endnotes is being included in the generated index. Can I get the > endnote material into the index, or will it only put references that are > marked within the main body of t...

Reminder Will Not Appear Message
I am using Slovak's Reminder Manager, which will allow you to set a reminder on any folder in Outlook. When I add reminders to "non-default" folders, I still get the annoying message "The reminder for 'whatever' will not appear because the item does not appear in your Calendar or Tasks folder. Is this OK?" Is there any way (even through a registry edit) to shut this off? Thanks. Hi, For support on Reminder Manager you'd probably be best off writing to our support email address or using the Request Technical Support menu option to generate a support ...

Recording stock options money 2003 standard edition
When entering stock option puts and calls, my portfolio shows these items as cents rather than dollars . This results in an incorrect total for the balance. Foe example, I pay $50 dollars for an option but it shows up as .50 cents thereby showing a loss of $49.50 rather than .50 cents. Is there a way to enter these transactions without this occuring? In microsoft.public.money, Michael wrote: >When entering stock option puts and calls, my portfolio >shows these items as cents rather than dollars . This >results in an incorrect total for the balance. Foe >example, I pay $5...

Recording the last Key Database Record number in the Report Footer
I need to put in the Report Footer the last Key Access Database Number that is reported on within the current report. Define "last" ... because Access, you, and I may have three different meanings. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "kvail" <kvail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83AEB51B-2698-4ED4-9EB6-61C3EF70FA88@microsoft.com... >I need to put in the Report Footer the last Key Access Database Number that > is reported on within the current report. Thanks for the clarification. Now, how are the "numbers" gener...

Query which Value Returns Previous Record
I'm very new to access so please forgive me. I have a query that points to a table and returns a response based on a certain value. I was wondering if anyone could show me what to type in the query design view that if the value (example John Smith) is found report back not only that specific record but the previous record located above. Any help would be much appreciated. A thousand thanks Johnny Mac Hi Johnny, A mental picture that you should have for records in a table, within a JET ("Access") database is like fish in an aquarium. So, locating "the p...

1 user cannot get out of office reply to work
I have one user who sets the out of office reply and it does not work. Everyone else on the network works fine. I have set it from the users laptop and also from OWA. Any suggestions? It doesn't work to internal or external recipients both? Is the user using MAPI? Is the user online, with delivery set in the profile to the Inbox instead of a PST? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "b" <b@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AFF041F-26F4-43A2-88AD-B949D72BBADB@microsoft.com... >I have one user w...

Receive Duplicate Email Messages
I have been receiving duplicate email messages for monthes now. I have tried the repair wizard and it was unable to fix this problem. Any suggestions? (Outlook 2002) ...

outlook office 2007 not working .How to get it back please?
Hi, my office outlook 2007 small business has stopped working. won't open at all. How can I get it to work again... Sorry novice here What error message(s) are you receiving. What happened before this = issue. Did you install anything,did you uninstall anything,which AV are = you using,Windows version, etc http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "lioncub" <lioncub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C4C9C8F-99BC-4E51-8222-8C9FE614B...

How do I get a refreshable stock quote for S
THe "smart tags" does not recognize "F" or "S" or even GOOG ...

referencing records
I was looking for a fix on a problem I am having regarding the Current Record and opening a new Form, when I read something regarding the Primary Key. The posting used Me.[ID] to reference the Primary Key. Now, I have a field named "ID" which is used as the Primary key. Have I created problems for myself by calling the Primary Key "ID"? On Tue, 8 May 2007 17:27:01 -0700, Thronz wrote: > I was looking for a fix on a problem I am having regarding the Current > Record and opening a new Form, when I read something regarding the Primary > Key. ...

How to send data in "Post" format instead of "GET" to a server in MFC
Hi, I have a problem I send my data in GET format to a server but they want me to send it in POST format otherwise they invalidate my request. This is my current modified code to send the data pFile = pServer-> OpenRequest(CHttpConnection::HTTP_VERB_POST,strObject,NULL,1,NULL,"HTTP/1.0", dwFlags ); pFile->AddRequestHeaders("Accept: text/*\r\nUser-Agent: OzAu\r\n"); pFile->SendRequest(); But is still doesnt work as i am appending data as query string at the end of the url. how do i send that data in a post format in MFC ? Please help. Regards blue_negative ...

How to get the dynamic "my documents" path from the registry
I need to get the My Documents directory for the currently logged in user. I've been trying to use the RegEnumKey and RegEnumValue, but when it attempts to read the My Documents entry it returns error code 234 which is interpreted as More data is available? I'm using the following line to open the key: LONG r = RegOpenKey(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\User Shell Folders", &hKey ); What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way to get the My Documents directory for the current user? The application has to be I18N enab...

How can I using power point to record reaction times?
I am trying to do some research on reaction times. Is it possible to design a presentation and record reaction times in powerpoint as well as number of correct/incorrect responses? If so, how? please reply to lothesj@uncw.edu Thank you, John In article <3868E573-740A-42A6-8FEE-A819F76A6F5F@microsoft.com>, John wrote: > I am trying to do some research on reaction times. Is it possible to design a > presentation and record reaction times in powerpoint as well as number of > correct/incorrect responses? If so, how? There may be limitations on the accuracy o...

Removing duplicates
I have two email lists - one is a subset of the other. I would like to remove all of the email addresses from the longer list that appear in the shorter list, leaving only the unique email addresses. I've tried using the "Remove Duplicates" function, but it keeps telling me there are no duplicates. I'm not sure what to try next. One way is to paste the longer list below the shorter list, select the column having the combined list and then 'remove duplicates'.. the entries left below the short list will contain the longer list minus those which are on t...

How to get Outlook to use the OE standalone Newsreader
I have posted this to 4 Outlook newsgroups for advice and tips after searching Google thoroughly without much luck, so I apologise if its been asked before. I have recently started using Outlook 2003, migrating from OE and want to be able to have a shortcut to the standalone OE Newsreader so I can access the window from within Outlook when its running. I have put the /outnews switch on my shortcut to OE so it starts when I launch the shortcut but I want to be able to launch it from within Outlook rather than going to my shortcut on the desktop. I have no Goto > Newsgroups in the View men...

add a record from a form to an linked spread sheet
Can I have a form in access that has a table that is a linked to a spread sheet On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:58:01 -0800, goozbump <goozbump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I have a form in access that has a table that is a linked to a spread sheet Yes, but due to Microsoft's losing a lawsuit, you cannot update that table. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Editing multiple records
We use CRM 2.0. I wonder if there is a multi-record editing command similar to "Find & Replace". We have imported several dozen records as Leads. I wish to update the Industry field to a single value, say "Insurance". How can I do this without opening every single Lead record and changing the field manually? Thanks for the help Hello Jose, There isn't a such a global "Find & Replace" command, but the easiest way to simulate this is to create a manual workflow in WM, and then run the workflow against the subset of records you desire or compiled ...

I can't get DateTime to serialize to just date
I have an xml element that has a child element of type date. My class has a corresponding member of type DateTime. I set the member to just the date portion of a DateTime. When I serialize, I get a zeros for the time part like this 2003-11-14T00:00:00.000000-06:00. The server that is receiving this code expects only a date since that is what the schema specifies and so it doesn't handle this properly. How do I get my DateTime member to serialize to just the date portion? Reggie Reggie, Add [XmlElement(DataType="date")] // "date" refers to the XML Schema...

Inconsistent Results: Advanced Filter Unique Records Only
A range contains 1 through 6, followed by 1 through 8, followed by 1 through 7. "Advanced filter, unique records only" returns some duplicates. Why? My guess is that some of the "numbers" are text and some are real numbers. If you insert a column, you can verify it with: =isnumber(a1) and drag down (if your range is in column A) One quick way to convert all "text numbers" to "number numbers" is to: copy an empty cell select your range to convert edit|paste special|check add KB wrote: > > A range contains 1 through 6, followed by 1 through...

How to get my Product Key code to be acepted?
Have never been able to get computer to accept either the 90 day trial offer or my purchased Home Office and Student 2007 Product Key Code. Why? Not sure the cause of your exact error, but when I had an issue with the product code, I simply call the number that was with the packaging and was able to resolve the matter within a couple of minute with the help of a MS Tech. You should give them a call, save you time and frustrations. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post u...