Find and replace 03-04-10

I'm trying to scan a field in one of my tables and find a specific character
and remove it.  However, the character is a " so I'm having difficulty.  The
field I speak of of contains the sizes of our material so the values look
like this:

1/4"
1/2"
1/3" and so on.

How can I find all of the " in my feild and remove them?  I don't want to
replace them I just want to remove them.

Thanks,
Chris Savedge

0
Chris

Create a query, and in the Criteria row under the problem field, enter:
    Like "*[""]*"

"Chris" <chriss@legendvalve.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to scan a field in one of my tables and find a specific
> character and remove it.  However, the character is a " so I'm having
> difficulty.  The field I speak of of contains the sizes of our material so
> the values look like this:
>
> 1/4"
> 1/2"
> 1/3" and so on.
>
> How can I find all of the " in my feild and remove them?  I don't want to
> replace them I just want to remove them.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Savedge

0
Allen
3/4/2010 3:16:38 PM
Allen,

This allows me to find them.  What I want to do is actually remove the "
character from each value where it is present.  How do I strip off this
character?

Thanks,
Chris

> Create a query, and in the Criteria row under the problem field, enter:
>    Like "*[""]*"

> "Chris" <chriss@legendvalve.com> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to scan a field in one of my tables and find a specific
>> character and remove it.  However, the character is a " so I'm having
>> difficulty.  The field I speak of of contains the sizes of our material
>> so the values look like this:
>>
>> 1/4"
>> 1/2"
>> 1/3" and so on.
>>
>> How can I find all of the " in my feild and remove them?  I don't want to
>> replace them I just want to remove them.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris Savedge

0
Chris
3/4/2010 3:39:28 PM
Use an update query after backing up the database.
The double quote character is ASCII 34 so use this as the 'Update To' --
   Replace([YourField], Chr(34), "")

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Chris" wrote:

> Allen,
>
> This allows me to find them.  What I want to do is actually remove the "
> character from each value where it is present.  How do I strip off this
> character?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
> > Create a query, and in the Criteria row under the problem field, enter:
> >    Like "*[""]*"
> >
> > --
> > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> > Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> >

> > "Chris" <chriss@legendvalve.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm trying to scan a field in one of my tables and find a specific
> >> character and remove it.  However, the character is a " so I'm having
> >> difficulty.  The field I speak of of contains the sizes of our material
> >> so the values look like this:
> >>
> >> 1/4"
> >> 1/2"
> >> 1/3" and so on.
> >>
> >> How can I find all of the " in my feild and remove them?  I don't want to
> >> replace them I just want to remove them.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Chris Savedge
> >>

> .

Finding characters within a text
Hi How to check, using single formula, that a text within a certain cell contains one of certain characters? For instance, how to check if there is a 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' character within cell A1 that reads 'W-RII'. Thanks in advance Hmm..not very elegant, but maybe =NOT(AND(ISERROR(FIND("R",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("L",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("P",A1)))) Returns TRUE if the text in A1 contains 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' . FIND is case-sensitive, use SEARCH if you also want to find lower-case characters. Cheers, Joerg Mochiku...

Sql to find record in a hierarchical chain
Hi, lets say I have a table with 2 fields: myTable Field 1 - ref Field 2 - parentRef Now in the structure there could be numerous chains until you get to the top of the hieratchy (where the ref field = parentRef field). ie ref parentRef 111 222 222 333 333 444 444 444 so in this 444 is top of the chain (there will be many other records as well that are nothing to with 444 and are part of their own hierarchy). So how do I easily relate 111 to 444. Ie how do i find the ultimate top parent for a given 'ref' field. Hope anyone can give me some pointers ...

Action Pack 02-18-04
Hi Is CRM included in action pack in UK? Thanks Regards On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:04:51 -0000, "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >Is CRM included in action pack in UK? > John Not seen it so far in ours Julian Julian Sharp Vigence for MS CRM in the UK ...

Document map 05-12-10
The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no benefit. What might the solution be please? Are the headings that are shown the document map in the same style? If so, try reapplying the style to the headings that are not showing up. If not, make sure that it is the paragraph outline level that you have set to 1 (& if it ...

Finding all queries which use a table

Email Router 05-17-04
Hello, I want to create a queue for support. This queue should receive internal emails from other departments that they are requesting support. Can anybody tell us how to rout these emails to the CRM Queue? Regards, Khalid Hello This is a limitation of MS CRM. The router does not intercept internal email. Only emails that reach the mailserver trough the SMTP gateway are processed. Regards Cedric "Khalid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e08101c43c13$bb1dbcf0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I want to create a queue for support. This ...

Where do I find SSADM 4+ templates in Visio ?
Hi, I understand SSADM 4+ templates were available in Visio 2002. I have just moved from Smartdraw to Visio Professional 2003 and am having difficulty finding SSADM 4+ templates. Does anyone know where I can find these templates? Are they still available in the 2002 version? ...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

sending mail 05-20-10
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'michael.porth@bafin.be'. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMT...

Find and replace with bold in cells

Formula to find last monday (tue, wedn, thu or friday) for a given month
Hi, I need a formula to calculate the date of the last monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday of a given month. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. example: day: wednesday (or corresponding nr) month: 3 year: 2004 Result: 31/03/04 Who can help? Thank you for reading and eventually answering my question.Back Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#DaysInMonth -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michele" <mw001@pandora.be> wrote in message news:b30b6913.0402090708.556d0faa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I need a...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

Outlook 03 standalone syncing with network, don't want it
For some reason now on startup my Vista Ultimate PC running Outlook 03 is incredibly slow with lots of disk thrashing. I saw a message about Outlook synching but I don't recall setting it up to do that. I want it not to and, more importantly, I want the disk thrashing to stop. My computer is on a wireless network with a NAS. I have 3 drives permanently mapped to shares on it. Nothing changed on the NAS, to my knowledge. I recall having seen somewhere in Vista sync settings. I can't find it now and don't know if that's relevant. I'm confident that my system is secur...

I can't find outlook express on my Mac?
I found a folder called Outlook express, but there is no actual program. I have Internet Explorer, should't I also have Outlook Express? http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&q=outlook+express+mac what version of IE is installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messa...

Nested if 10 / Vlookup Therapist
I am working on a Scheduling program for a counseling center. Thi center has 10 + therapists and 20 + clients. The plan is for th manager to only have to enter the clients name into the therapist page and to have the therapists name auto populate into the clients page. can get this to work fine with 7 therapists (the limit for nested i statements) but I cannot figure out how to get vlookup or any othe function to work. ohh by the way the or() statements are used because there are possibilities for the clients name to be entere (CLIENT/CLIENTc/CLIENTp) Code ------------------- =(IF...

PDF attachments 06-21-10
I cannot open a PDF attachment directly from WLM. If I save it to my desktop then I can open it. Is that just the way it is? PDF attachments in OE6 used to work. I am running Vista. Help! Ed This fix only mentions Windows Mail but it should apply equally to Windows Live Mail : http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-attachments-from-Windows-Mail.html Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Ed Ahern" wrote in message news:e33LaPOELHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... I cannot open a PDF attachment directly from WLM. If I save it to my ...

After update 10-31-07
I'm using an After Update event on a form to update one field with the current date when a checkbox is checked, but the date doesn't display until I scroll down the form. Is there some way to get the date to display right after the box is checked (or at least once the next record is selected)? Thanks, Tom -- Thanks, Tom Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200710/1 Sounds like you have a control that has a Name that is different from the name of the date field. In the AfterUpdate code, use the name of the control,...

Finding text within text
Hello again, I've gotten the formula for finding occurrences of a word in one column based on whether it's in another column; now what I need is to find out whether a word in column A (for instance) appears in a string of text in column B. As in, a SKU in A, and a description in B, with the descriptions having several SKUs in each one. I need to be able to delete from a sheet any description that doesn't have the SKUs I'm looking for, and it would be really nice to color the corresponding cells the same, but even having the row number in the third row would be nice. Say I...

Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 10-14-05
This is my first conversion. Can anyone offer tips on the easiest and safest way to convert a multi user database which was developed in Access 97 to Access 2003? You can try opening A2003, and before opening any database, choose: Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database. If you run into problems, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Jane...

Windows can not find my spreadsheet
I repaired and uninstalled then installed Office 2007. I opened Excel up and search for my Excel Spread Sheet and open it and then save as on my desktop like I always do. Then when I double click on the Icon I get "Windows can not find C:\User etc. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. Any excel spreadsheet I have I get the same message when I double click on it. I check the path and it is correct. Check your other post. Golden wrote: > > I repaired and uninstalled then installed Office 2007. I opened Excel up and > search for my Excel Spread Sheet an...

Replacing Character
I need to replace/delete the " >" character at the end of a number... when the data was brought into the excel 1234> was the number that cam it happens in about 7000 lines any suggestions on how to replace it with a blank?? thank -- tico31p ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tico31pl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1040 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46572 Select the range to fix. Edit|Replace what: " >" (without the quotes with: (leav...

hey 04-14-10
hey ...