Field Validation Rules

If I have a field for a phone number entry, how can i create a rule so
that it will set it up with parantheses around the area code and
insert a hyphen...is that even possible?

0
Lovelee7285

Publisher does not suppress blank fields with Catalog Merge...please help
As I originally posted, I need help finding out why Publisher is not suppressing blank lines when I merge to a new (or existing) document. [I tried to reply to the existing post, but google just gave me an error.] The person who replied just referred me to the help file (F1). Well, actually, I have tried the Help file, Microsoft's knowledge base, and newsgroups. That's why I posted here. I cannot find any information as to why it is not suppressing blank fields, and inserting extra lines. Some real constructive help would really be appreciated. I am posting here as a last resort...

Outlook 2007
I created an email and addressed it to one of my Contacts. When I printed the email, it printed an additional field at the top called "Contacts" with that contact's name. This is not a customized form. Why is this field printing at the bottom of the TO, SUBJECT, and ATTACHMENTS fields in the header as an additional header. Thanks so much! Jean ...

Excel amount field formatting error
Excel 2000 version 9.0.6926 sp-3. My amount is 18.00. I select format-number-currency and my amount becomes $1800.00. Always adding 2 zeroes! It formats correctly if I enter just 18. If my amount is 18.25 it formats it as $1825.00. I've tried several different formats with no success. My computer is an hp pavilion xt926. Can someone please help me?!?! Thank you. Lynn Hi, Lynn. Thanks for providing all the info---most people don't. Go to Tools-->Options, and click the Edit tab. Untick "Fixed Decimal" thingee. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com &q...

Rules Not Working
We recently switched to a web server email program - and my email now goes to a different folder - not the personal folder inbox and I cannot get my rule to forward e-mails to work - we have office 2007 - What's really confusing is if I test the rule it will show the fwd arrow on the original message and a copy will appear in my sent folder however the receipients do not receive it. I am able to manually fwd the email with no problems. I have a similar problem, however it had been working but I had to remove all my accounts and reinstall them. My MSN account would not downl...

how do i do 3 data validations?
If i have a cell C18 with list values "25-51-91","25-51-82","25-51-54" "25-51-55","25-50-23" a cell c19 with list values"0", "1", "E" and cell C8 values "UA 115180-4, UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H, 3DF-A35-11D-G" and when i select C8= UA 115180-4 ,c18 should be "25-51-91" c19 should be 0 when i select UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H c18 shld be 25-51-82,25-51-54,25-51-55 cell c19 value should be 1 when i select 3DF-A35-11D...

Rules window disappears in less than 1 second
I just installed Outlook 2003 and now when I click on Rules the Rules dialog ox pops up for less that 1 second and then disappears not allowing any entry into it for editing and or setting up a rule. Any Ideas? ...

Potential customer field in Quote
Hi, Is there a way to make the Potential customer field in Quote entity as NOT required? Thank you in advance for any suggestions, crsb The entire sales process from opportunity up to the invoice requires a customer. If you don't need the field, create a dummy account and set the customer id to this dummy account in OnLoad. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "crsb" <srinivasa.bharadwaj@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76d7f1b1-c86f-470b-bbec-0329d9d29f...

2003 Form fields losing formatting in 2007
Hi there, I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx, all form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a .doc, they are in the correct font of Arial. Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this? Thanks very much. This doesn't make any sense. Documents always open in the format in which they are saved. What *exactly* are you doing? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com ...

Can you expand/collapse columns based on a reportitem/field values
I have a report that is driven by accounting periods. The columns are 1, 2, 3, Q1, 4, 5, 6, Q2...YTD. Currently when the report opens all that is shown is Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, and YTD and the user can expand from there. What I want to happen is, if we are in Q2, I want columns 4,5,6, Q2 to be expanded. So the report should read Q1, 4,5,6, Q2, Q3, Q4, YTD. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Original Stealth, Certainly can. I created the following dataset: SELECT 'Q1' AS Expr1, 1 AS Expr2, 500 AS Expr3 UNION ALL SELECT 'Q1' AS Expr1, 2 AS Expr...

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

Tasks
I went to a table view for my tasks, went to the Field Chooser and chose "All Task Fields" I wanted to select the fields related to the recurrence of tasks... I "assumed" they would be similar to the calendar fields/functions: Recurrence range start & end dates, recurrence pattern, etc... but... I can not find any fields to add to my table view to display the information of this sort... I have repeating tasks, is there a way to display the information related to how they "repeat"? Sorry if I am missing something silly, I had no problems setting th...

transferring signatures and rules
I've transferred my oultook.pst from one PC to another. I got my email messages and calendar entries, but I've lost my rules and signatures. How may I get them? (I need to send the first machine in for hard-drive replacement, but I'd like to get the rules, signatures and anything else that I'd set up on Outlook transferred over to my new machine first. Apparently copying the PST file does not suffice.) FYI, I didn't store my PST file in Documents and SEttings\etc on the new nor old PC, but in c:\MyOwnPathForOutlookPSTFiles\ From: "Excel@shoenfeltconsulting.com&qu...

Field with running count of records
Hi, I have a query with fields such as date, Item Number and Quantity. I want to create an additional field called Count that will act like an autonumber. It will assign a value of 1 for the first record, 2 for the second number etc. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks, -- Chuck W There are tons of posts on how to create a "ranking" query. You must have a field or fields that uniquely identify the sort order. If you provided significant table and field names as well as your desired sort order, someone could create the SQL for you if you can't search for and fi...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...

Why does OL skip processing of rules sometimes?
....Like when I am trying to do something else like open a mail item, etc. I know that this takes cycles away from other activities, but still, why can't the thing keep track of pending moves that need to be made and 'catch up' later when it has the chance? This seems to be exactly the kind of tedious task computers are well-suited for! ;-) The alternative, me having to manually re-run the rules is defeating the entire purpose of why I have these rules in the first place! Filtering of emails is not the kind of process that I would expect to slow my system to such a crawl that i...

Grid Pane Field Expressions
Ordinarily, I would put field expression code in the OnFormat_Detail event section. However, if it's possible to build the expression I want directly into a query grid pane while in grid design, I would prefer to do that in the current instance. Current case: I have a field "Title" (happens to be the title of a classical music piece.) and I also have the cataloging system and values in separate fields, CatSystem and CatSystemVal, e.g., "Op.", "78". So, if the current piece has a chronological catalog value, I want the query to return it appended to the title ...

Need help with creating rules for autoresponce
Hi, I been trying to learn how to make an automatic replies with outlook. I looked at some tutorials, but it seems that I'm missing some functions. I can't find the "replay with message" action, the closest thing it gives me is a "reply using a specific template". So I try to make a template, but I don't have the option to save as a .oft. I even tried changing the extention of my word file to .oft, but it just turns it into a blank e-mail. I am currently using office 2003 pro. Any help would me greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced there are steps h...

Export Rules Assistant
Does anyone know how to find out what public folders have rules assistants applied to them? I have tried pfinfo.exe and exmerge, but I can;t get the information. ...

Rules in Error: Exhange 2000
The only way I have been able to see fixing this anoying problem, is to backup the users email to a .pst file. Then delete the mailbox and recreate it. Re import the pst and create the rules again. If its happening to several users it can be a huge anoyance but it will buy you a few months. Ive done it twice and been able to avoid a few months of problems. Hope it helps, Al ...

valid FirstName value
Hello everyone, Anyone know how to search for a valid FirstName in a field? eg.: Himansu Rich Anna Tom .... I don't want junk like this: AA, 0, "Himansu" 'Rich' Any assisatance will be greatly appreciated. Have a nice evening. Thanks, Himansu How about "Gert-Jan"? //Peter "Himansu" <himansu114@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u3#lXzwZKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Anyone know how to search for a valid FirstName in a field? > > eg.: > Himansu > Rich ...

truncation of customer fields
I am moving data from a legasy system that allowed 60 to 100 characters for customer name and address fields. GP only allows 60 to 30 respectively. Is there a workaround for this? For example if I used integration manager could I some how put 30 char in address then the remaining in a user field? Would that work or is there a more elegant solution? Thank You for any info. Certianly using the scripting language in IM to split the fields and use one of the address fields is one solution. You could also use extender fields but it is difficult with IM. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Co...

Upsize AutoNumber field to SQL Server
The Upsizing Wizard Add-In in Access 97 would automatically create an Insert Trigger when upsizing to SQL Server. But when I use the built-in Upsizing Wizard in Access XP (2002), it doesn't seem to create those triggers. Is there an option I'm missing somewhere or will I have to manually create those triggers for my upsized DB? TIA! ...

Email rules
I would like to have some emails(Spam) deleted from the server before i even get them in outlook 2007. I usto use Outlook Express and Windows Mail and in the creat new rule i would put in the email address and then click on Delete From Server, but this is notin outlook. So i went and tryed Permenetly Delete and it would add another part to the rule that said "and stop processing more rules" What does that mean? Also when i make a rule to put a email in a spersific folder it will add lines like "And on this machine only". Why is it doing this? Also i made som...

Problem inserting calculated pivot fields into Pivot Table (2007)
Working with Excel 2007 and a Pivot Table. Created a Calculated field. The field shows in the Field List, but Excel will not let me drag the Calculated field into the Pivot Table areas (other than into the Values area). What am I doing wrong? Hi A calculated item or field, can ONLY be allocated to the data area. It's position within the data area can be modified, but it cannot be moved to any other area -- Regards Roger Govier wamiller36 wrote: > Working with Excel 2007 and a Pivot Table. Created a Calculated field. The > field shows in the Field List, b...

Rules & Outlook 2003 combo with Norton AS
Hi guys, I'm getting some very curious results using Norton AntiSpam in combination with the rules in Outlook 2003. NAS marks spam emails with a [norton antispam] tagged onto the subject line of spam mails, which then (according to norton) it moves into an AntiSpam folder. It does this fine... most of the time. It *always* tags them fine, but fails to move them maybe 10% of the time. I keep finding stray mails in various folders. Now, this might be a NAS issue, except that I'm having other problems too. Rules which I have set to move mails into folders dont always work. And even whe...