field no show

The following query does not show the ID field.  This is imperative because
data change is dependent upon this field showing.

select member_time.id, member_time.date, member_time.timein,
member_time.timeout from member_time where member_time.date = #4/16/2010#

This is written in a access database.

Thanks

That's strange. Maybe it's hidden?  Try this:

SELECT member_time.id,
 member_time.date,
 member_time.timein,
 member_time.timeout,
 member_time.id as TheID
FROM member_time
WHERE member_time.date = #4/16/2010# ;

If that doesn't work, try this:

SELECT member_time.id,
 member_time.date,
 member_time.timein,
 member_time.timeout
FROM member_time
ORDER BY member_time.id desc  ;
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"seeker" wrote:

> The following query does not show the ID field.  This is imperative because
> data change is dependent upon this field showing.
>
> select member_time.id, member_time.date, member_time.timein,
> member_time.timeout from member_time where member_time.date = #4/16/2010#
>
> This is written in a access database.
>
> Thanks
I suspect that it is hidden.  How do you unhide a field.  I have check the
property sheet of the table and see nothing.  Thanks.  The queries you shared
showed all fields except the id and TheId fields.

"Jerry Whittle" wrote:

> That's strange. Maybe it's hidden?  Try this:
>
> SELECT member_time.id,
>  member_time.date,
>  member_time.timein,
>  member_time.timeout,
>  member_time.id as TheID
> FROM member_time
> WHERE member_time.date = #4/16/2010# ;
>
> If that doesn't work, try this:
>
> SELECT member_time.id,
>  member_time.date,
>  member_time.timein,
>  member_time.timeout
> FROM member_time
> ORDER BY member_time.id desc  ;
> --
> Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
>
> "seeker" wrote:
>
> > The following query does not show the ID field.  This is imperative because
> > data change is dependent upon this field showing.
> >
> > select member_time.id, member_time.date, member_time.timein,
> > member_time.timeout from member_time where member_time.date = #4/16/2010#
> >
> > This is written in a access database.
> >
> > Thanks
In datasheet view, select FORMAT: Unhide columns.

In Access 2007, you will have to find the equivalent in the Ribbon.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

seeker wrote:
> I suspect that it is hidden.  How do you unhide a field.  I have check the
> property sheet of the table and see nothing.  Thanks.  The queries you shared
> showed all fields except the id and TheId fields.
>
> "Jerry Whittle" wrote:
>
>> That's strange. Maybe it's hidden?  Try this:
>>
>> SELECT member_time.id,
>>  member_time.date,
>>  member_time.timein,
>>  member_time.timeout,
>>  member_time.id as TheID
>> FROM member_time
>> WHERE member_time.date = #4/16/2010# ;
>>
>> If that doesn't work, try this:
>>
>> SELECT member_time.id,
>>  member_time.date,
>>  member_time.timein,
>>  member_time.timeout
>> FROM member_time
>> ORDER BY member_time.id desc  ;
>> --
>> Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
>> Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder.
>>
>> "seeker" wrote:
>>
>>> The following query does not show the ID field.  This is imperative because
>>> data change is dependent upon this field showing.
>>>
>>> select member_time.id, member_time.date, member_time.timein,
>>> member_time.timeout from member_time where member_time.date = #4/16/2010#
>>>
>>> This is written in a access database.
>>>
>>> Thanks
0
John
4/20/2010 5:06:58 PM
Seeker -

Is there a column title for the ID field and no data, or is the column title
not even showing?

Did you try putting square brackets around the ID field name (e.g.
member_time.[id])?

Is this in a query def or in code?  If it is in code, copy/paste it into a
query (SQL View), and see if that shows it.

It it is in code, can you post the code?

--
Daryl S

"seeker" wrote:

> The following query does not show the ID field.  This is imperative because
> data change is dependent upon this field showing.
>
> select member_time.id, member_time.date, member_time.timein,
> member_time.timeout from member_time where member_time.date = #4/16/2010#
>
> This is written in a access database.
>
> Thanks
I just tested things and hiding the column in the table doesn't seem to make
a difference. As you ran other queries, I don't think that's it either. You
can try opening the table and the query in datasheet view. Right click on
them and you should see an option for unhiding fields. See if its not checked.

Also try this to see if the missing column shows up with the wildcard:

SELECT *
FROM member_time ;

Are you seeing any data or columns that you don't expect? Could you be using
lookup fields in that table?
--

"seeker" wrote:

> I suspect that it is hidden.  How do you unhide a field.  I have check the
> property sheet of the table and see nothing.  Thanks.  The queries you shared
> showed all fields except the id and TheId fields.
>
> "Jerry Whittle" wrote:
>
> > That's strange. Maybe it's hidden?  Try this:
> >
> > SELECT member_time.id,
> >  member_time.date,
> >  member_time.timein,
> >  member_time.timeout,
> >  member_time.id as TheID
> > FROM member_time
> > WHERE member_time.date = #4/16/2010# ;
> >
> > If that doesn't work, try this:
> >
> > SELECT member_time.id,
> >  member_time.date,
> >  member_time.timein,
> >  member_time.timeout
> > FROM member_time
> > ORDER BY member_time.id desc  ;
> > --
> > Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
> > Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder.
> >
> > "seeker" wrote:
> >
> > > The following query does not show the ID field.  This is imperative because
> > > data change is dependent upon this field showing.
> > >
> > > select member_time.id, member_time.date, member_time.timein,
> > > member_time.timeout from member_time where member_time.date = #4/16/2010#
> > >
> > > This is written in a access database.
> > >
> > > Thanks

Autocomplete for "To" field in Outlook?
Does anyone know how or if it's even possible to enable an autocoplete like feature for the "To:" field in Outlook 2000 or XP? Thanks. MP Outlook 2000, no. Outlook 2002, yes: Tools > Options > Preferences > E-mail Options... > Advanced E-mail options... > Suggest names -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mp" <melpoke@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FZb1b.108704$0v4.7676702@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Does anyone know how or if it's even possible to enable an autocoplete like > feature for the "To:" field in Out...

Crosstab Report with Dynamic Fields
I am trying to create a crosstab report with dynamic fields. I am using the script published by Duane Hookum (1/22/00) that creates alias columns, etc. The report runs great and will produce exactly what is needed, unless there is no data for an alias column. In that case, it returns the message that the Mosrosfot Jet Database engine does not recognize "B" as a valid field. Of course, I had to modify the script to accomodate the data I am trying to report, so it must have something to do wht the way I modified it. I am using a static number of columns (10) in the report (w...

Show one total summary but have drill down to detail
I am working a spreadsheet that totals for certain categories. Frequently it is necessary to see the detail that made up that figure. Right now I am using comments but this laborious. I'm not sure if pivot tables are what I need or not. Basically I have a total and would like to mouse over or something and go to a different chart/page to see the breakdown. Hi use a pivot table. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm http://www.techonthe...

Graphs on webpages generated from Excel do not show
Graphs on webpages that I generated through Excel's save as webpage function do not show anymore on my pc but do show on other's pcs. Does anybody know a solution ? (our company helpdesk does not). I use Office 2000 and Internet Explorer 6 SP1. ...

Combo Box selection returns a Date() in another field
Can anyone help me? I had this figured out in MS Access 2003 but now I'm working in 2007 and my previous code doesnt work. I have a form in which I have a Combo Box named "Status1" and the Control Source is "Status". The Row Source is "Pending";"Active";"On Hold";"Completed". Type is Value List. I also have a field named "completed" who's Control Source is "Date Completed" I want a AfterUpdate when the Combo Box is set to "Completed" the Date Completed fills in todays date. But ...

error messages on currency field
how can i enable a message box to appear everytime a string letter is inputted by the user on a currency field? thanks.. the current error message is the 'value you entered isn't valid for this field.' can i even just change the message??... thanks -- ai® Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com I would do it the other way round, that is don't allow your user to enter any letters in the first place. If you enter the code below into the On KeyPress event of your currency field it will only allow the user to press keys 0-9, the full stop and the BackSpace keys o...

MultiValed Fields
I could be way off here, but I have over 60 fields (numeric fields that are scored 1-100) which represent observations of specific items that occur (are repeated) at different date-times for multiple subjects (SubID). The numeric fields are defaulted to be zero and I am having diffculty, for example, with selecting all fields >1 or >30 or >60 without querying them one at a time. Does it make sense for me to make a table and place all of these fields in a multi-valued field so I can then query the field for those criteria? Thanks No: don't use MVF for that. Whatever...

Check for empty fields
I have a form for service calls. My users are not filling out all the required fields. If I make a field required in the table it does not save the record and I want to do it another way, anyway. What I really want is a test for particular fields when the close button I built is clicked, before it closes I want it to see if the fields "Date", "Generated", "PO" and "Emails" are null, if they are, a message box pops up and says to go back and fill in empty fields, click that closed and it goes back to the incomplete form. When all required fi...

Calculated fields in the Sub Grand Totals
How come these don't alays work? ...

how to remave the gap/space after hide a field
Hi, How can I remave the gap/space after hide a field? I am using the codes to hide field crmForm.all.fieldname_c.style.display = 'none'; crmForm.all.fieldname_d.style.display = 'none'; thanks -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ ...

One Field Returns Wrong Information
I have a query using multiple tables and multiple primay keys that is returning the wrong information for one field that is not part of a multiple primary key. I have set relationships between the tables and joins are in place in the query. Can someone please advise what might be causing the problem? On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:44:01 -0800, ridgerunner <ridgerunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a query using multiple tables and multiple primay keys that is >returning the wrong information for one field that is not part of a multiple >primary key. I have set rela...

update form on change of field used in expression
I have one form based on a table, which calculates the unit costs based on the total price and number of units received. I created this form some time ago, and it works perfectly. The moment I change the total cost or units, it updates the unit price field accordingly. I created a similar form, also using an expression that determines the profit if sold at a price (the 'sold at' field). However this form does not change the calculated field until I F5 or refresh. I cannot see what I did differently in the original form, however would like this new form to update im...

A report that shows PayOuts
Sorry to repost, i know there is an thread here for this question, and a nice lady name Jessica at GreenCoast answered with an attachment. Unfortunatly, my newsreader doesn't appear to want to d'l threads that old. So I'm hoping that someone can help me by posting a template? I have tried to create my own report but i'm not having very much luck. I can't even get the report to display the amounts of the PO's. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Wil Jepsen will@cjeateries.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart...

hide show question
I have names in col A that go from row 1 to row 1000 I then place data(numbers) in col B that corresponds with the name in col A. Once done I show ONLY the rows that have new data(filter)and use the SPEAK function to read the data back to me. Here is the tough part. On subsequent weeks I enter data in col B again and I want to be able to apply the SPEAK function BUT ONLY to the LAST set of inputted data. aDoes anyone have a good way to implement htis Thanks Hi, It sounds like you need to add a date column to your data so you can filter on that. -- If this helps, please click the Yes...

Publisher 2003 does not show all fonts
Greetings All, I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font Schemes" of MS Publisher 2003. The facts: Have MS publisher 2003 installed. Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS Word, Excel, etc. I have a web site that I created using one of the MS Publisher templates. The problem: When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub file) to edit it, only a few fonts show up in the drop-down list. I think the Font Scheme of the templat ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed, but fo...

saving as csv but quoted fields
How can I make excel add the quotes within each field delimited by commas ? I have data that has commas within the fields and it's messing up when I import on other programs. ("one","two","three") and not (one,two,three) Thanks Maybe you could write your own macro to do exactly what you want: Here are three sites that you could steal some code from: Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program: www.smokeylake.com/excel (or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/Text%20Write%20Program.htm) Chip Pearson's: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.ht...

Showing number of day of year
Is it possible to show the number of the day in calendar view. On many desktop calendars, the number of the day of the year is printed on the caledar. If you have a specified number of days to perform a task, you can use this to find the date that a certain task has to be performed. I have not been able to find this function anywhere in Outlook 2000. Anyone have a solution??...or at least let me know it cannot be done so I can quit wasting my time looking. I'd appreciate your help. Thanks. ...

Legend Needs to show numbers...HELP
How can I get the values percentages to show up in the legend? I hvae 4 sales reps and the value of theri %'s. In the legend it only shows the 4 sales reps. Since I'm printing in black and white I want the legend to show the sales rep name and the %'s. Is this possible? If you only have four sales reps, you could remove the legend, and show each rep's name and percentage on the chart. You could also remove the fill colour, to make the labels easier to read. Roberta wrote: > How can I get the values percentages to show up in the legend? > > I hvae 4 sales re...

outlook webaccess does not show contact names #2
Greetings, I have just installed exchange 2003 and do not see any names in the contact list while using outlook web access. Using regular outlook I have many many names in my contact list but it is not showing when I use OWA. Normally i create new mail, click "To" button and my list of contacts appear. Is there anything on the server end I need to set for thit to work in OWA? ...

URGENT: IF Function in Pivot Table Calculated Field
I am having trouble with an IF function call in the formula of calculated field in a pivot table. The pivot table has a calculated field called 'SDLT Tapes Required containing the following formula: =IF('Backup Media Type'="SDLT",'Total Backup Capacit Requirement'/220,0) where 'Backup Media Type' and 'Total Backup Capacity' are fields in th pivot table. 'Backup Media Type' contains text values such as "SDLT and "DLT 20/40". The field always displays a result of 0 even though there are rows i which the 'Backup Medi...

Interest Charges showing as spent money in budget
When I reconcile my credit card account, I add the monthly interest as Interest charge: (Category) Bank Charges, which was the default category when I started. Anyway, the credit card interest shows up in my budget as if I actually spent the money to pay the interest. I have a running balance on my credit card and would just like to have the interest recorded on my credit card activity and not as if I paid money. Note: My credit card is listed in Scheduled Bills and also the Debt Reduction Planner. Any help is appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Violet wrote: >When I...

Adding a letter before existing data in a field
I have a simple spreadsheet that consists of a single column of Product Numbers. It looks like this... A Product# 1 132ad 2 853dc 3 865xe 4 y85s4 5 pr8eb etc... through about 10,500 more product numbers. I want to add the capital letter "A" in front every single product number in my spreadsheet. What is the most efficient manner of doing this? I tried recording a macro, but all I could make it do was add the "A" to the first product number, and then copy that exact product number to every other cell, overwriting what was in there be...

How to know if a sale its enabled or desabled... (what table field #2
Hi, i have some useful RMS views at SQL Server level, the thing is that i cant find the field with specify if enabled or disabled a sale, i use SalePrice, StartSaleDate, and EndSaleDate, but no the enabled or disabled sale... which one is this? thanks in advance... Aldo ...

Footers show on print preview, but do not print in Word
In MS Office 07, Word, footers show on print preview, but do not print. HELP! See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. jkress wrote: > In MS Office 07, Word, footers show on print preview, but do not > print. HELP! ...

Concatenating fields
Please help! One column contains a list of URLs, e.g, http://cookingcareer.shawguides.com/schoolname. I want to append the same text (/secure) to each one of these URLs so that I can add a column with URLs that have /secure appended to them, e.g., http://cookingcareer.shawguides.com/schoolname/secure. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! Hi try in a helper column =HYPERLINK(A1&"/secure") >-----Original Message----- >Please help! One column contains a list of URLs, e.g, >http://cookingcareer.shawguides.com/schoolname. I want to >append the same te...