Export Format not avaiable

"The Format in which you are attempting to output the currentobject is
not available."

I hate access sometimes.  It just get's weird, throwing bogus error
messages all over the place.

I have about 30 seperate queries that I run out to spreadsheets via
macro.  I have already found out that things can get all screwed up,
(meaning it bombs) when those spreadsheets already exist, so the first
thing I do is delete the existing spreadsheets, then let them rip.

I run into this every once in a while: 20 or so queries into my macro, a
query will fail with the above error, referring to Excel 97-2003
workbook. It is always query specific.  Once that query gets stuck like
that, that is all she wrote.  The query runs fine, just not out to a
spreadsheet.  I have usually been able to fix this by changing the
output format to an older version, although at some point, Access will
bitch about THAT format being unavailable, so I go BACK to the original
one which works again.

Now I have one of these which is refusing to operate under that
particular set of rules.  I can export it manually to that format no
problem, but onyl when I attempt to export it via macro,
(transferspreadsheet or Output TO, makes no difference,)  it bombs.
'
Any Ideas?

Phil
0
Phil

Why don't you check to see if the spreadsheet exists, if so, delete then run
the query?

ie:

for each file in dir.folder
     If file.name = "somefile.xls" Then
          Kill "path\somefile.xls"
     End if

     Run Qry
next file

"Phil Smith" wrote:

> "The Format in which you are attempting to output the currentobject is
> not available."
>
> I hate access sometimes.  It just get's weird, throwing bogus error
> messages all over the place.
>
> I have about 30 seperate queries that I run out to spreadsheets via
> macro.  I have already found out that things can get all screwed up,
> (meaning it bombs) when those spreadsheets already exist, so the first
> thing I do is delete the existing spreadsheets, then let them rip.
>
> I run into this every once in a while: 20 or so queries into my macro, a
> query will fail with the above error, referring to Excel 97-2003
> workbook. It is always query specific.  Once that query gets stuck like
> that, that is all she wrote.  The query runs fine, just not out to a
> spreadsheet.  I have usually been able to fix this by changing the
> output format to an older version, although at some point, Access will
> bitch about THAT format being unavailable, so I go BACK to the original
> one which works again.
>
> Now I have one of these which is refusing to operate under that
> particular set of rules.  I can export it manually to that format no
> problem, but onyl when I attempt to export it via macro,
> (transferspreadsheet or Output TO, makes no difference,)  it bombs.
> '
> Any Ideas?
>
> Phil
> .

How do I create a bulleted list text format inside cell?
I am collecting data and want to format the text inside the "notes" (my title) cell so that it can be more easily read. I would like to make a bulleted list. There are several cells that need this formatting. Is this possible? There is no help for this. You have to do it manually. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "DEH" <DEH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFAEE5CC-0AAD-41D7-9DE1-396187DA2681@microsoft.com... > I am collecting data and want to format the text inside the "notes" (my > title) cell so that it can be more easily read. I would...

too many different formatting cells
I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too many different formatting cells. How to resolve this and open this document? Maybe... XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up version. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD jo wrote: > > I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too >...

Conditional Formatting #18
I am attempting to use the conditional formatting to color code some cells, I want to say, If C1 = 0 then highlight A1 in red, how would I do that. Thanks Michelle 1st: select "Formula Is" instead of "Cell Value Is" in the left dropdown. The rest of the line changes to one long textbox. Enter "=$C$1=0" (no quotes) then select your format style from "format" button and "color" dropdown. that should do it. >-----Original Message----- > >I am attempting to use the conditional formatting to color >code some cells, I wan...

Conditional formating #7
Need help figuring out a formula please. If "date entered" in cell exceedes todays date by 4 days, then format the cell background "Red". Thanks so much for any help you can give. -- Unplugged ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Unplugged's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36751 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564685 Use a formula of =A2>=TODYA()+4 where A2 is assumed as the first cell with CF "Unplugged" <Unplugged.2bi5mq_1153833004...

conditional formating in Access
how to use Max funciton for conditional formating in Access form On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 01:43:00 -0800, sudyl wrote: > how to use Max funciton for conditional formating in Access form Max of What? Select the control. Click on Format + Conditional Formatting. Select Expression Is As the expression write: [ThisControlName] = Max([ThisControlName]) Select the colors wanted. Save the change -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Complicated conditional formatting
Here's a breakdown of what I'm trying to do...Employee scheduling worksheet that is easy to read and follow. There are 5 functions employees can have, each given a specific color via conditional formatting. Each column represents a period of time during the work day, each row a different employee. As it stands now, for the duration that the employee will work, I simply enter a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 corresponding to their function, and it will color each cell with that value. The problem I run into, is in a separate sheet, I'm wanting to use conditional formatting to apply the same c...

How to keep display format when exporting XML?
First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem. My problem is this. When exporting my xml data, the time/date values loose their display format. A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like 0.001353 when exported.. What do I need to do to keep the same format as is displayed in Excel? It would sure be great if you could help. Kind regards ...

Printing odd pages in booklet format
I used to be able to do this easily in PageMaker, but I can't figure it out for the life of me in Publisher... I am creating a booklet. Each page is 8.5 w and 5.5 tall (ie, half-letter, landscape orientation). I'd like to print this booklet two pages to one peice of paper, so I can cut in the middle and punch for a ring binder. I'd like the target paper to be letter (8.5 x 11). However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's 17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both 8.5 x 5.5 pages to print in the correct orientation on the...

How to convert US date format to European
My computer is set up to use the European style dates (ddmmyyyy), not the USA-style dates (mmddyyyy format). So if I enter "01/06/05" I get a date of 01-June-2005. However when I download some information in CSV format at times that same date is formatted like this: "06/01/05". However this is interpreted as 06-January-2005 in the spreadsheet. How can I convert the US formatted values to European, in effect swapping the first two numbers? Thanks T Meisner -- 1025 Osborne Rd., New Germany, NS, Canada B0R 1E0 Rename the .csv file to .txt File|open that .txt file...

Conditional Formatting 12-16-09
Hello, with a text entry containing 2 different fonts, like "?" (Font Symbol), then "Customers" (Font Arial), Conditional Formatting seems to apply only to the first font element (?) whereas the second element remains untouched by CF. Is there a workaround (so that the entry "? Customers" as a whole undergoes CF) ? Thank you in advance. H.G. Lamy ...

FRx
We have an FRx report containing 12 columns - one for each month. We are using the P<=B Print Control in the column layout to only print those months that are less than or equal to the Base Period. When we generate a report that contains six months or more and export it to an .XLS spreadhsheet it looks fine. However, if the report contains less than six months (fewer columns), we don't get our report heading. Is this due to a setup option somewhere in the catalog id? Have you checked the "Header Options" under your column layout? Look at the "spread from and ...

Date format of 0 and if statements
I have an is statment as such: =IF('Raw Data'!A5=0,,'Raw Data'!A5) This issue I have is when I format fields as "date" and the reference cell = 0 excel formates the cell as 01/00/00. I have also used the formula: =IF('Raw Data'!A5=0,"",'Raw Data'!A5) The issue I have is I want to create graphs of this data in a dynamic fashion, but when the data range of the graph encounters either "" or 1/00/00 as a date, it plots it as a data point. I need a way to make my IF statment to produce a BLANK or EMPTY cell. Is there a key word in...

2 Formatting Questions
Date Fields: Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the “15 Aug 2005” format? This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only numbers for dates, but in any format. Currency: Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application - specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation currently supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD", "CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.c...

Conditional Formatting
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet with 79,000 cells of information in rows and columns. On a separate worksheet I have 5,000 cells of information. I would like any information in the first sheet that is in the second sheet to turn to red. For example. Sheet1, column A hellothere howareyou iamfine Sheet2, column A hellothere iamfine I would like the two strings in sheet one which appear in sheet 2 to turn red, leaving the middle string black. Is there a way to do a lookup to compare the cell value to a range using conditional formatting? Thanks for any help. Mxx -- murphyz -----...

Using IF for conditional formatting?
Need help with displaying blank cells when formulas are inside. The formulas would display a value if the contents of a source cell is filled in. I'm attempting to use in the formula cells(like B2): IF(A2="","",A2*5) If A2 is null, then display blank in B2, else calculate A2 * 5. Is this the best approach to keeping formula cells clear until data is entered? Thanks!!!! Yes -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fd0201c4...

Conditional formating #20
I need help with conditional formating. I need Row 30 to change colour when D30 is equal to a certain value. A the moment i can only get the one cell to change colour :rolleyes -- smith.james ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39022 Select the row. Enter: CF1: Formula is =$D30 = "certain value" Format1: Patterns/<changed color> In article <smith.james0.1ssb2d...

Text box and formatting?
I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few pages. Pages are double columns. I have a header for each class and paragraph given for class description. On the last page, last column, one description appears at the top with empty space for the rest of the column. I would like to change the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so that most of the last column is used. I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the same size. Is there a way that text...

Formatting Chart Category Labels
I'm creating a fairly complex chart - a spider graph "dashboard" report that addresses 4 major areas of an organization's performance - finance, quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction. Each category has 4-7 data elements, so that there are a total of 22 data elements on the chart. There will be 2 sections of the report, a chart showing YTD, LYTD and Goal values for the data elements and the graph itself. I envision this as a relatively easy way for management or board to get a snapshot of comparative key performance indicators. So far so good - input form, c...

conditional formating: ifs and highlighting rows
my spreadsheet documents error incidents, with each row showing the date the incident was discovered (column A) and the date it was resolved (column I). it also calculates networkdays (column J) -- unless column I=0 -- and references an array of holiday dates on another sheet. i would like to create a conditional format that will identify rows with an incident, but no resolution date, then highlight the row and possibly even show "unresolved" in column J cell of that row. Thanks! Well, you have to decide which way you want to go with this. If you leave column J ...

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...

today() conditional formatting
i have conditional formatting set for projects that are still pending so that formula is =today( formatted font is red, bol once the project is complete, the date is manually entered into the cell (changing it from the formula =today() to an actual date (i.e.: 4/19/04)) the problem is that the conditional formatting at that point still reads the date in that cell as today's date (even though it's no longer a formula), and continues to show as red, bold font... which indicates that the project is still pending is there a way to get around that hope that makes sense tia jill You...

Export data to txt format file
Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure -- pad On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:36:01 -0800, paduanow <wpaduano@go.com> wrote: >Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific >widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure Take a look at the Help for "TransferText". Yes, you can create an output specification with fixed width files, in code just as you can using File... Export. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Can conditional formatting be used where .....
Can conditional formatting be used where text is included with numbers. Let me explain by example. A1 = flex 358 A2 = B, 358 A3 = R-U, 354 When A2:A3 numbers do not corresponds to A1 number then highlight cell. Therefore A3 in this example should be highlighted. A1:A3 quantities are the result of a formula. You could, for example, use CF/ Formula is: =RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-FIND(" ",A2))<>RIGHT(A$1,LEN(A$1)-FIND(" ",A$1)) -- David Biddulph "Gotroots" <Gotroots@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60A2636-0583-4BB9-...

Question on PDF format
Using Publisher 2007, VISTA Utlimate. When I create a PDF file to send a 16 page newsletter (11 x 17) through an e-mail attachment, the pages display in the same order that they print out (page 16 is on the lefthand side and page 1 is on the righthand side, etc.). I've been trying to find a way for the PDF file to display the pages in order so that the person I'm sending it to can see the pages in order, just as if they were holding the hard copy of this newsletter in their hand. Is this possible in PDF? Thanks! Joy Change the booklet setup to a regular page setup, 11 x 8.5. -- ...

conditional format #29
Hi - wonder if someone can help me with this one What would be the conditional format for - if current month = date in cell A1 then apply format. i.e. date in cell A1 is dd/mm/yyyy, and I want format to apply for whole month. Many thanks -- Tobit On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:44:46 +0000 (UTC), "TC" <tc@DON'TSPAMMEtcassociates.co.uk> wrote: >Hi - wonder if someone can help me with this one > >What would be the conditional format for - if current month = date in cell >A1 then apply format. > >i.e. date in cell A1 is dd/mm/yyyy, and I want format to app...